Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala (27997 Views)

Arms Deal:probe Shifts To Navy, Billions Of Naira Unexecuted Contracts Uncovered / Arms Deal Probe: PDP Torn Into 4 Factions / EFCC Begins Phase Two Of $2.1b Arms Deal Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by agarawu23(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2015
Hmm
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria??.. some should ask Buhari this
Yes
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Jabioro: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria??.. some should ask Buhari this
Yes itnis the main problem facing Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ArcIbrahim38(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Yes cz that is the root cause of all our problems...... everybody must bear the consequences of his actions

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dammytosh: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

1. Is That The Main Problem Nigeria Is Facing Now??..

2. Will That Revive Nigeria's Economy??..

Yes that is the main problem.

If Dansuki used the money judiciously Boko Haram would av Ben forgotten.

If Jonathan did not steal and mismanage all the money we realize during the oil price boom, we have no business being where we are now.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Dinirojones(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Thanks2G: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2015
Noted
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dammytosh: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=toprealman post=40925246]The jazz man wey cook her orisirishi toh badt. This woman na correct thief.[/quote

I av a feeling the prayer Weymouth dem pay for include that we don't see any time bad about Ngozi.

Cos the more they expose the unethical approval of understanding appropriated funds the more the poor masses scream leave Ngozi baby]
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by yapapa: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

na noodles full your head,no pint of brain detected.

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Jabioro: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Madam pofupofu you needed to tender your unreserved apology to the nation .Instead you choose to throw us your bath water.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Tolexander: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Chubhie:
My dear Ngo Babe, please don't tell me you are squeaky clean in all these. With your exposure to how civilised business affairs of a country are conducted, You should have stood up and played safe with due processes knowing what an inexperienced GEJ you had.

Ngo, you broke my heart and then again, you try to insult my sensibility. What did I ever do to you to deserve this? Ngo babe, there's nothing left for you to try to save! We have all seen fowl yansh. You can still make things right by telling US all you know. No scared cows.
sorry bro,

I can feel the painpain also from here cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by SmartMugu: 9:12am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

Yes.
Without dealing with corruption, nothing else will work in Nigeria. And dealing with corruption starts from the top. Afterwards, you will actually be glad you and your future generations are blessed with so much natural resources that only a few kept within themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Potch: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Are you serious? What is the bane of development in Nigeria if I may ask you? The money meant to build schools, hospitals, roads, economy and secure our borders was converted to personal money by some criminals and you sitting there blaming Buhari. For more than one year, lecturers in both colleges and poly were on strike because of the deplorable state of our Labs and libraries, yet GEJ kept saying there was no money, but we did not know the money was being shared among his co criminals. May the bloods of our fallen soldiers continue to torment them.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by owobokiri(m): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2015
Money was allocated the office of the National security adviser to PROCURE WEAPONS to fight a rampaging boko haram. It was between January to march that boko haram was pushed out of most of Bornu state and crushed effectively... Most of the weapons bought then were done clandestinely as the Americans and her allies in order to force the hands of the Nigerian presidency, refused to sell weapons to Nigeria.. We remember the two incidence in South Africa. Nigeria decided to buy weapons from different sources, most times in the black market in order to avoid traces... Buhari Knows this and ofcourse is refusing to accept that because Dasuki nearly torpedoed his march to Aso rock,.. Yet we all saw the returns in terms of convincing wins in the fight against terrorism. Boko haram was savagely mauled and today a bemused buhari can afford to sit comfortably at Aso rock to issue deadlines because boko haram is on the run... If Dasuki or anybody else for that matter,mishandlled this funds, then that should be probed, If PDP mishandlled this funds, then that should be probed... But let all these snarling APC hyenas do so without dragging innocent characters acting based on national interest into the murky waters of our dirty national politics.... Buhari has been fixated ON Jonathans presidency.. All we read about is how jonathans campaign was funded with lush funds from state coffers... Nobody asks why Amaechi and Fashola have been rewarded immensely by the same Buhari after syphooning their different state resources to fund Angel Buharis presidential campaign... That is the tragedy of Nigerias megalomanic war against corruption...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ochallo: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2015
I really don't know why people are so desperate to drag NOI into this mess. If you are the treasurer in a group and the leader asks you to release money to a member of the group would you not do it.

is NOI, the auditor general that would ensure that the money released was spent on what it was meant for? Why don't they blame the person that diverted the money and the person who was supposed to audit the books, none of which was done by NOI.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by aenero(m): 9:17am On Dec 12, 2015
Instead of boko haram killing innocent civilians,why can't they help us kill all this people once and for all
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
so we should forget about all this money
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Yes it is. Corruption brought Nigeria to the level/situation we find ourselves. Let's think beyond sentiments.

NA WA Oooooo SMH

BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by anonimi: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
dammytosh:

If Dansuki used the money judiciously Boko Haram would av Ben forgotten.

Please do you know why Boko Haram has not been forgotten after SEVEN months of Buhari's use of our money JUDICIOUSLY
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2988081_bokooo_jpeg28f847fbbbc67de73e19ab51bfa73476

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by alt3r3g0: 9:19am On Dec 12, 2015
@ Beebeeooh

Yes! Corruption is the main problem in Nigeria.
How much money has been disbursed on paper for power, roads, Arms, infrastructure, subsidy, water, maintainance of refineries, Education, Agriculture, Amnesty etc? What has been the end result?
Why does the input not yield the desired output?
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by oyetunder(m): 9:20am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

How dare you blame Buhari for fighting corruption? i can't believe we still have youths who supported corruption... SMH
thank you sir! Let him go and ask Bukari, why coming here to send us to buhari?
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

Yes it will

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by anonimi: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2015
Duplicate
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by niggi4life(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Yes that's the major problem facing Nigeria if you must know.
Corruption has eaten deep in all sectors and if this issue is not addressed, then nothing good can come out of this nation

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dammytosh: 9:21am On Dec 12, 2015
anonimi:

Please do you know why Boko Haram has not been forgotten after SEVEN months of Buhari's use of our money JUDICIOUSLY
Thanks.

When was Dansuki arrested ?

Guess u are just another Biafran no point wasting time on u.

Ciao

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2015
captainflash:
Who told yOU she didnt steal our money? or where you in her pocket to know she didnt steal? are you her spokeman? when she went to buhari to confess about the stolen money where were there? who are the theives? they said show me ur friend and i'd tell u who u are, its certain she walked with them, ate with them, worked with them, and she ate our money too, so what's your f.ucking point?

Be Wise nigga!

Fool

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Olukat(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2015
This change is really getting sour by the day sad sad sad sad
Do you mean, a presidential memo on defense, was declassified and released to the media for the purpose of politics?
Nigeria, oh Nigeria, where are your true servants? cry cry cry cry
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Oga she was the minister of finance and also, coordinating minister of the economy (prime minister) so she as a lot to answer.

Finally, if she had no hand in all this mess and she did her job with due diligence and integrity, she would have resigned to avoid such mess in future. Just like the sure-p chairman resigned when he saw what passed him, that I call a act of INTEGRITY by him.

ochallo:
I really don't know why people are so desperate to drag NOI into this mess. If you are the treasurer in a group and the leader asks you to release money to a member of the group would you not do it.

is NOI, the auditor general that would ensure that the money released was spent on what it was meant for? Why don't they blame the person that diverted the money and the person who was supposed to audit the books, none of which was done by NOI.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by DonProphet: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2015
Somebody asked whether fight against corruption is the problem holding Nigeria. Yes, corruption is the pivot on which the problems of Nigeria revolves. Take corruption out Nigeria, it will be greater than United States. If every government that lasts for eight or four years should achieve one thing, with time we will solve all our problems. If Buhari's government should reduce corruption to bearest minimum, I think he should be our hero.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dyn1800: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2015
I don't like this woman reign as a Finance minister.... But one lesson I learnt from the whole thing so far is that.

"never act on verbal approval from your boss for anything that has to do with money" this she's done with utmost professionalism.

No way this woman could be indicated. .... But will be remembered for serving under a corrupt Government as well as not cautioning the president and his cronies of reckless spending

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by AnanseK(m): 9:26am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Yes it is. Everybody knows that Nigeria will never progress with that level of corruption. You need to show them that it doesn't pay . We need to see people like Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala in jail in the interest of our country's future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Visits A Pregnant Mother Of Triplets Before Surgery. PICS / Abubakar Tsav Dies At 81 / Oba Of Oniru Alerts Lekki Residents To Planned Attack By Okada Riders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.