Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala (27998 Views)

Arms Deal:probe Shifts To Navy, Billions Of Naira Unexecuted Contracts Uncovered / Arms Deal Probe: PDP Torn Into 4 Factions / EFCC Begins Phase Two Of $2.1b Arms Deal Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2015
kITATITA:

I agree with you somewhat. Nobody has linked her anywhere as a beneficiary; but she is not blameless. If she didn't know, that's incompetence. If she knew and did nothing, that's spineless and incompetence. She should have spoken out and resigned. Ngozi's reputation as a finance expert has been called to question. If I run a blue chip company, I won't hire her.

sanusi couldn't stand the thought of billions of dollars vanishing from nnpc and he blew the whistle, this same woman criticised him and labelled him a liar. he was disgraced out of cbn, later this same woman admitted money was missing lol.
we need more sanusi , less iwealas in this country
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dafuturis(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria now??.. some should ask Buhari this

wasted semen
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by eddyralph01(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2015
Until... Obasanjo, Tinubu, Amechi, Fashola, Ayiri etc start facing corruption charges.... This is a witch hunt....
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 12, 2015
What we need frm her is to tell us how much she benefitted from the loots
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Skseries: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

How dare you blame Buhari for fighting corruption? i can't believe we still have youths who supported corruption... SMH
my broda i tire for we youth of nowadays o, do they xpect this man should just close his eyes to all this and work on the economy? If he does that whats the gurantee that his effort wont be in waste with all the corruption in the system already. Come to think of it (am open to be enlighten more)i thought the crime organization, efcc, dss and the rest are the one doing the job on this corruption of a thing and they are just giving back findings and info to the president, if am correct then it doesnt affect the president work now,all he does is give directives in just few min and then gets back to his work.why the whole complain frm ppl, if every ministry are doing their work effectively then economy will grow or is that nt aim of creating ministry, lets start asking everyministry how far they av gone with their works, power, agric transport finance and lets leave president to do is work. Beside is major campaing promise is to crub corruption and now that he is doing it we are shouting he shudnt. i do agree that time is going, bt if we cud give the prev gov 6yrs and pdp 16yrs, then no one has the right to compalin of a gov of 6month. We the ppl are the one suffering have nt had lite for 3days now, bt am still optmistic, and for yrs from now i will complain or good kudos to the gov with my P.V.C... So wailers shud just shout up, u like it or not we are stuck with PMB for the next 4yrs, if u dnt like him vote him out wen the time comes...#ThereIsHopeForNigeria jeeeezzzz my fingers ache already

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Aystarz: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2015
Xapio:
They said he released money without appropriation by NASS and I ask, the one Buhari shared to governors as bailout, was it appropriated by NASS? Bunch of shameless and hyprocritic ediots.. angry

You are the idiot here. The Presidency is allowed to spend a stipulated amount without appropriation, so long it's under its purview. We're talking about relooted billions of dollars here, the foolery in you is yapping about Governors' bailout - a worthy course. Coconut head.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by OLADD: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2015
There's a palpable fear that many Nigerians are either suffering from lack of retentive memory or have simply sold themselves to mischief of Buhari's govt. Anybody that blames Okonjo-Iwala for releasing fund to prosecute the insurgency war must be an enemy of Nigeria. How many of us remember when the opposition-manipulated Legislature vehemently frustrated Jonathan's loan request to purchase Arms and Ammunition for the Army? How many of us still recollect how the US blocked our attempt to purchase arms from Isreal and their allies? Have we forgotten how a cladenstine attempt to purchase arms from South Africa was blocked by Jacob Zuma in connivance with the opposition? If the former Finance Minister saw the exigency in releasing fund so that the war could be sustained, should Nigerians be calling for her head? Buhari and APC are about compromising our National Security in the name of politics the same way they rubbished the Army, Police, DSS and other institutions before the last election and I forsee danger ahead.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Skseries: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2015
eddyralph01:
Until... Obasanjo, Tinubu, Amechi, Fashola, Ayiri etc start facing corruption charges.... This is a witch hunt....
come on pdp where in gov for the past 16yrs, if they had something on those ppl u meantioned why avnt they gone after them, especially the tinubu u guys meantion everytime... and wait do u expect the president to just pick those ppl u called their names for probing? The president is probing into money that was allocated for weapons for boko war and it happens that dasuki was the NSA and other names came up as investigation continue, they didnt just decided to pursecute dansuki.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2015
nduchucks:
Madam Iweala is a disgrace to all Nigerians and will pay for her actions soon enough. At the very least, she is an accessory to the massive looting which took place through Dasuki since she authorized the payment of these huge sums to Dasuki.

She is now forming an ignorant, patriotic, and innocent lil' biatch after her actions lead to the deaths of thousands of innocent Nigerians at the hands of Boko Haram.

This investigation has an international component and as we continue to follow the money, insha Allahu, she will have to face her own charges.

I'm sure like Tompolo, ihejirika has also gone into hiding.

IMHO all of these barayi deserve the firing squad treatment.

@ Bolded

As far as this specific incident is concerned, I am sure you don't have the full information.

Do take a look:

[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/412x567ximage6-e1449841342403.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.RXnrKb2Z79.webp[/img]
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by deebsman1(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2015
He's being paid for abusing a working president on the Internet, pls don't b surprised
alrahmanonline:

How dare you blame Buhari for fighting corruption? i can't believe we still have youths who supported corruption... SMH
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by HighQue007: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria now??.. some should ask Buhari this

No but People like you are the problem facing Nigeria now.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by saintfederic: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2015
drey076:

You are very daft if you don't know the major problem we are facing in Nigeria by now which is corruption. Buhari we are behind you.
Ride on
he has a point... countries fight corruption and the lives of ppl get better our own is opposite
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2015
anonimi:

Please do you know why Boko Haram has not been forgotten after SEVEN months of Buhari's use of our money JUDICIOUSLY
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2988081_bokooo_jpeg28f847fbbbc67de73e19ab51bfa73476

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

it's easier to kill a lions cub than to kill a full grown lion... or aren't u wise?

when BH was in its infancy jona think say na joke, now them don mature into a full blown terror cell recognised by USA . it will take @least 10 years to limit boko haram to just a noun. even al Qaeda dat has been reduced drastically is still a threat .

have a seen a baby crocodile b4? so small that if it sees you it will run , when it Grows up if u c am na u go pick race.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Ajorosun: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Hw many time mr president has appear in court during probing these elements ? does this stop ministers from functioning? so mr reflect well. mmmh
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Bolaadu(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Prinzemel:
very soon probe will be on your dinning table serving as breakfast, launch and dinner. What has been the achievement of previous similar charges. If you don't know time is tickling, 6months far gone, no vision,no mission in this change session.
.Tell us d achievement of previous adminstration in 6months.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by eyesofgod: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2015
kITATITA:
If I run a blue chip company, I won't hire her...

...nor take any advice coming out from her puff puff cheek.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by anonimi: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Musty010: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ayindejimmy(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2015
isinno:
I think you have been offline for weeks, Even my children have seen that memo

I haven't... OK.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Azeez532(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2015
The problems confronting Nigeria today were directly caused by corruption of past and previous government. So if President Buhari is tackling corruption in a manner that is suprising to you, please, it worth it. You will be amazed by billions of dollars that can be saved by investigating and blocking all loopholes
BeeBeeOoh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by sweetgala(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2015
baski92:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/arms-deal-probe-i-acted-in-nigerias-interest-okonjo-iweala/

NOI should stop hiding behind the vote of confidence given her by her western employers and answer the questions. I know she has a lot more integrity than her colleagues in the GEJ government but her current dismissive actions do not potray her in good of patriotic light
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by maasoap(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2015
owobokiri:
Money was allocated the office of the National security adviser to PROCURE WEAPONS to fight a rampaging boko haram. It was between January to march that boko haram was pushed out of most of Bornu state and crushed effectively... Most of the weapons bought then were done clandestinely as the Americans and her allies in order to force the hands of the Nigerian presidency, refused to sell weapons to Nigeria.. We remember the two incidence in South Africa. Nigeria decided to buy weapons from different sources, most times in the black market in order to avoid traces... Buhari Knows this and ofcourse is refusing to accept that because Dasuki nearly torpedoed his march to Aso rock,.. Yet we all saw the returns in terms of convincing wins in the fight against terrorism. Boko haram was savagely mauled and today a bemused buhari can afford to sit comfortably at Aso rock to issue deadlines because boko haram is on the run... If Dasuki or anybody else for that matter,mishandlled this funds, then that should be probed, If PDP mishandlled this funds, then that should be probed... But let all these snarling APC hyenas do so without dragging innocent characters acting based on national interest into the murky waters of our dirty national politics.... Buhari has been fixated ON Jonathans presidency.. All we read about is how jonathans campaign was funded with lush funds from state coffers... Nobody asks why Amaechi and Fashola have been rewarded immensely by the same Buhari after syphooning their different state resources to fund Angel Buharis presidential campaign... That is the tragedy of Nigerias megalomanic war against corruption...
We're talking about unprecedented looting of our resources, you're here writing epistles and giving lectures.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by obinto: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2015
AnanseK:

Yes it is. Everybody knows that Nigeria will never progress with that level of corruption. You need to show them that it doesn't pay . We need to see people like Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala in jail in the interest of our country's future.
We need to see people like amaechi, fashola, tinubu, atiku,obasanjo in jail also. NOI is too smart to be tainted by all these exposures. The pertinent questions are- 1. Was she wrong to release funds approved by the president for a national emergency? NO
2. Was boko haram a threat to national security and stability and therefore a national emergency? YES
3. Does the president have powers to order the release of funds not yet appropriated (TO BE APPROPRIATED) for such emergencies? YES. Your saintly buhari did exactly the same thing to pay state's workers.
4. Was money applied to the the purpose for it was approved and released? Is it NOI's job to make sure that was the case? Meanwhile who made sure the funds buhari released to the thieving governors for bail out was applied for that purpose strictly? Has it been appropriated yet?
All these NOI storm is being created by the same set of monkeys. Yes the same people that screamed murder over stella odua but turned the other way as evidence of fashola's stealing starred them in their face. Not enen the evidence of monumental stealing and diversion by tinubu fazes them.
NOI has done no wrong on current evidence. Throw another mud, baboons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by nduchucks: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

@ Bolded

As far as this specific incident is concerned, I am sure you don't have the full information.

Do take a look:

[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/412x567ximage6-e1449841342403.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.RXnrKb2Z79.webp[/img]

I'm aware of the memo you posted and it does not change my stance.

If you believe that a one-page memo from Iweala seeking the GEJ's approval to borrow the money does not imply that the lady authorized the transfer of these funds, then I have to conclude that you are quite naive.

Iweala was only seeking GEJ's approval to borrow the funds after she has already approved Dasuki's request. Nowhere in the memo did Iweala seek GEJ's approval to transfer the funds to Dasuki. All she asked for was the authorization to borrow the money.

So I ask you, who approved the transfer of these funds to Dasuki? Who actually transferred the funds to Dasuki after the authorization to borrow the funds was approved by GEJ? The answer is Iweala in both cases.

It is clear as a whistle that Iweala is knee deep in this scandal. GEJ too. You people can continue to bury your heads in the sand, but I promise you that many of your idols will return the loot and serve very long jail terms. Parade has changed gear buddy! cool

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by mekaboy(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2015
Madam you are way above oshiomole who publicly told a widow to go and die before the national television. Suddenly acting like a saint because u refused to let him use our countries funds to toast babe.

They asked for money for arms because they said bokoharam would not allow us develop.

You sourced the money and made it available like any thinking finance minister would do in the interest of the nation. Whatever they did with the money after that is not u r biz.

You are not directly involved in security and can't question the army.

After all it was stated that the money is a loan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by dklex(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

U dey mind someone like him? What did he think Buhari can do without first cleaning up the mess of the last administration ? This is where he will start from Jonathan foundation is so bad that no one Can build on it. Common kiosk will collapse instantly.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by gredenco1(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2015
Call oga jona name from today till thy kingdom come .
he will keep receiving international awards.

call NGOs name from today till tomorrow.
she still have awards waiting for.

suspend capital oil forever, ifeanyi ubah will still feed his family.

APC And PMB should just give us the change they promised and concentrate on the current looters

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

what our future holds in this country as youths; we don't know. we have a president who is clueless and lacks needed purpose. all he's known for is his stands on corruption. what assurance do you have that the country won't be worse of as a result of his perverted stands? the only thing sustainable is investment in the future. aggressive approach to improving infrastructure amongst other needed things. read the story of Singapore and you'll be better educated. #saveNigeria from PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Ngozi Iweala should be ashamed of accepting her inability to supervise funds.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by DzTzl(f): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

DT 1 is a Dundee united
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by osile2012: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2015
[size=18pt]Madam, If all you did was to source money and provide to NSA to secure arms to fight insurgency that would hinder development, Then you acted in interest of Nigeria. But if it is discovered that you got any share from the money, then you acted in selfish interest.

But since there is no evidence showing that you got a share of the money, Then i will agree you acted in National interest till proven otherwise. I have never seen a finance minister question the military on their spending . Also you stated that the money was a loan to be paid back.

Meanwhile madam, What did you do to keep the Naira at 195 to $1 during your tenure? It is N260 now. Follow my signature to rate Okonjo Iweala and other top Nigerians
[/size]

1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Raphtop(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

1. Is That The Main Problem Nigeria Is Facing Now??..

2. Will That Revive Nigeria's Economy??..
Can u please tell us what u really think nigeria problem is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Visits A Pregnant Mother Of Triplets Before Surgery. PICS / Ooni Of Ife Hosted By Governor Obiano And Wife At Their Lagos Residence. Photo / The 40th Day Fidau Prayers For Abiola Ajimobi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.