Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document (2979 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo & Goodluck Jonathan In Abeokuta (Photo) / Fayose Received 4.7b From The Dasuki Arms Deal To Finance 2014 Election / Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by Hapuya: 7:54am On Dec 12, 2015
The saga continues

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by INTROVERT(f): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2015
I'll comment after 5 comments
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by agarawu23(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2015
Not new
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by Blizzy9ja: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2015
What!
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by tolexy007(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2015
b
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by koxyz: 7:57am On Dec 12, 2015
HUMHUN
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by osazeeblue01: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2015
Drama
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by palladin: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2015
Gobe.
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:29am On Dec 12, 2015
Why is Mrs Iweala, no longer in office, still in posession of official document?

She, along with other officers and cabinet members under Jonathan were directed to hand over official papers and documents to the transition team.

She hid this document and refused to surrender it into records, purposely to hide the shady deals and her involvement. Now that she is under fire she pulls it out to absolve herself of complicity.

Why is she in posession of this important public record, months aftrr she was directed to surrender it?

7 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by chris4gold(m): 8:45am On Dec 12, 2015
isokay
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by lloydpras: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2015
Nawa oo
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hazyfm1: 9:00am On Dec 12, 2015
I will comment after Introverts 2nd comment
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hardbody: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2015
I don't quite get it. This document only supports due process and if anything absolves GEJ. The NSA comes up with a request following an earlier all encompassing meeting, the Finance Minister channels the process to his Excellency who then approves based on recommendation. So what are the issues?

3 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by dammytosh: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:
I don't quite get it. This document only supports due process and if anything absolves GEJ. The NSA comes up with a request following an earlier all encompassing meeting, the Finance Minister channels the process to his Excellency who then approves based on recommendation. So what are the issues?

How much is NSA'so budget for the whole year ?

So 300 million dollars non appropriated fund went though due process.

No hope with this kind of masses forming 5%

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by Hapuya: 10:02am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

Yeah, damning for the ex-president because only a daft or complicit person will approve such huge amount of money without caring about how it is been spent or putting a structure in place to ensure it is used for what it is claimed was meant for. Most importantly, this massive loot was ignored UNTIL NOW when the supposed dullard and "ordinary farmer" started doing simple checks.

6 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hardbody: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2015
Hapuya:

Yeah, damning for the ex-president because only a daft or complicit person will approve such huge amount of money without caring about how it is been spent or putting a structure in place to ensure it is used for what it is claimed was meant for. Most importantly, this massive loot was ignored UNTIL NOW when the supposed dullard and "ordinary farmer" started doing simple checks.

Get me right bro. I am neither for or against any of the leaders past present or future, I am only looking at what should be proper. Having said that, is it good governance for the president to micro manage execution of contracts or implementation of projects based purely on the amount involved? What happened to delegation (of course without abdication).

If an NSA cannot work through the process of procurement and disbursement of those items based on his expertise, is the president better qualified to follow through? If he joined the implementation process and had a wool over his eyes, would he not be more complicit, lets reason together. I usually bow to stronger and higher logic.

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hardbody: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2015
dammytosh:

How much is NSA'so budget for the whole year ?

So 30 million non appropriated fund went though due process.

No hope with this kind of masses forming 5%

I am not prepared to engage with people like you who only see 5% and 95%. You could provide persuasive logic and i will buy into it. You actually started making sense but your coloration of 5% just told me you are not the type i want to engage in a discussion. Please take your bigotry elsewhere. I am done with this convo, with you.
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by Rawani: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

Get me right bro. I am neither for or against any of the leaders past present or future, I am only looking at what should be proper. Having said that, is it good governance for the president to micro manage execution of contracts or implementation of projects based purely on the amount involved? What happened to delegation (of course without abdication).

If an NSA cannot work through the process of procurement and disbursement of those items based on his expertise, is the president better qualified to follow through? If he joined the implementation process and had a wool over his eyes, would he not be more complicit, lets reason together. I usually bow to stronger and higher logic.

The root of the issue is that the funds were not appropriated, a fact which Ngozi clearly acknowledged in her letter, but yet were approved and disbursed on executive order to the CBN. The succeding revelations show that the funds were then diverted to Dokpesi and co. as part of fees for Jonathan's re-election campaign.

These were funds that were supposed to be used to protect the lives of 5,000 soldiers and 25,000 civilians lost to Boko Haram so far.

4 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hardbody: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2015
Rawani:

The root of the issue is that the funds were not appropriated, a fact which Ngozi clearly acknowledged in her letter, but yet were approved and disbursed on executive order to the CBN. The succeding revelations show that the funds were then diverted to Dokpesi and co. as part of fees for Jonathan's re-election campaign.

These were funds that were supposed to be used to protect the lives of 5,000 soldiers and 25,000 civilians lost to Boko Haram so far.

Thanks for the insight.

5 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by flyingdutchman(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2015
THERE IN IS NOTHING BAD ABOUT THE LETTER NOW... WHAT IS WRONG IN UTILIZING THE FUNDS TO FIGHT TERRORISM AS APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT? WHAT WE SHOULD FOCUS ON IS IF TRULY THE WEAPONS WERE PURCHASED AT TH RIGHT PRICE.

**I DON'T JUMP ON BANDWAGONS. I THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX**

2 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by chernest2002: 10:53am On Dec 12, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Why is Mrs Iweala, no longer in office, still in posession of official document?

She, along with other officers and cabinet members under Jonathan were directed to hand over official papers and documents to the transition team.

She hid this document and refused to surrender it into records, purposely to hide the shady deals and her involvement. Now that she is under fire she pulls it out to absolve herself of complicity.

Why is she in posession of this important public record, months aftrr she was directed to surrender it?
so documents no dey get copy for your side.

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by ODUBEZE: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I don't blame her!
If you are into politics in Nigeria, you have to be extremely careful!
No consistency! continuity is zero! full of uncertainties, lawlessness by our political leaders is the order of the day!
She is just being cautious of her environment!
I bet U that if U are in her shoes, U would have done the same!

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by chernest2002: 10:57am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:
the issue is that oshomole wants a pound of fresh because Ngozi and Gej rejected his loan application.

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by chernest2002: 11:01am On Dec 12, 2015
Hapuya:

the weapons where bought but no amount of explanation will satisfy Buhari and apc cause they are on a mission of vengeance.
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by Hapuya: 11:04am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

Your points are valid I agree, but Jonathan was already at that point embroiled in BH-delayed reaction, military inertia, and blatant self-denial controversies. As well as corruption. He owe it to himself, his legacy and the nation to ensure atleast every major issues under his watch concerning national security and distribution of finance are done appropriately and all money are spent appropriately. There is just too much da.mn billions floating around unchecked for Jonathan not to be bothered. And do not forget how he recently was quoted to have said that he does not know about any money when this issue of Dasuki first got spilled. I will locate the link and put it here when i find it.

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by sweetgala(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

It does not absolve GEJ it makes him complicit and even if he did not know what the end result of the funds were for( dokpesi claim the money wa used to settle campaign debts) he facilitated the action of Dasuki and did not request proof the money was spent correctly.

It is obvious that GEJ was a puppet under the control of powerful retired military men who bullied and hustled him. These are the same people who were angry when he conceded victory early. Likes of Admiral Madueke and Dasuki, Clark etc

3 Likes

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by sweetgala(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2015
Hapuya:

My brother this is just the beginning because Deziani case has been put on ice till she recovers from her illness. I think that and other ones would dumbfound us all. GEJ and NOI I am still sure thou not innocent of the ongoings around them are not the criminal masterminds but the incompetent idiots who did not stop the bleed for fear

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by hardbody: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2015
sweetgala:

It does not absolve GEJ it makes him complicit and even if he did not know what the end result of the funds were for(which dokpesi claim the money wa used to settle campaign debts) he facilitated the action of Dasuki and did not request proof the money was spent correctly.

It is obvious that GEJ was a puppet under the control of powerful retired military men who bullied and hustled him. These are the same people who were angry when he conceded victory early. Likes of Admiral Madueke and Dasuki, Clark etc

your deductions are not exactly supported by the allegation. Maybe i am not seeing or understanding something
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by sweetgala(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

The president should have disclosed the disbursement to the National assembly who have a commitee that oversees that, however the funds were put down in the budget as invested into infrastructure development. That in itself is fraud which NOI and GEJ are complicit in facilitating
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by sweetgala(m): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2015
chernest2002:
the weapons where bought but no amount of explanation will satisfy Buhari and apc cause they are on a mission of vengeance.

Are you serious or have you sincerely not followed the story. It is clearly established fact at this stage that the funds were diverted

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by sweetgala(m): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2015
hardbody:

your deductions are not exactly supported by the allegation. Maybe i am not seeing or understanding something

Which aspect exactly
Re: Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document by armadeo(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2015
flyingdutchman:
THERE IN IS NOTHING BAD ABOUT THE LETTER NOW... WHAT IS WRONG IN UTILIZING THE FUNDS TO FUGHT TERRORISM AS APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT? WHAT WE SHOULD FOCUS ON IS IF TRULY THE WEAPONS WERE PURCHASED AT TH RIGHT PRICE.

**I DON'T JUMP ON BANDWAGONS. I THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX**

Were the arms really purchased?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra, Northern Youths Will Run Away If They See War – Retired DIG / The Truth About The Hausas / My Take On The Next Presidential Candidate Of Our Great Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.