Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele (6896 Views)

China Development Bank, UBA Sign $100m Loan Deal To Support Smes In Africa / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today? / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by KayB: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
Emefiele playing to the gallery as if CBN was not the one aiding these wishy washy banks who believe in short term profits. PLEASE FASTRACK A COMPREHENSIVE AND ROBUST COLATERAL REGISTRY & YOU WILL SEE BANKS COMING TO MARKET LOANS TO MSMEs.
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by Lanre90(m): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sometimes all what SME's need is free Marketing and Advertisements not always finance in cash form.
If more banks and institutions can assist SME broadcast their services it would make the SMEs live longer.

People just queue in banks for ever, what if there was a small screen in the banking hall to advertise the services an SME has to offer
Or their was a small screen in all the public transports so as you sit in it you are enlighten about a new indegenous product or service.

It will go far if marketing is free and easy to access for all SME's in the country
AWESOMEOLANREWAJU
Web and Motion graphics Designer
www.aweola.com

4 Likes

Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by Taich(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
Banks do not have any business with SME's in Nigeria. Chikina
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by Godwin10(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
Startup Capital is always an issue for SME's... This issue should be addressed soon to enable business owners carry out their entrepreneurial ideas for the development of our economy...#
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by success9(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
In some climes of the world, a bank will only ask a start-up entrepreneur to present collateral(s) which will come from insuring the company you want to start...

When are we expecting to get to this level?
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by 1miccza: 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
The question should be "were they doing anything at all??"
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by DzTzl(f): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2015
lonelydora:

StanbicIBTC has been my bank and I don't regret it. Although I heard the rate now is 35%.
that's ridiculously ridiculous! Some banks rate at 26% which is still way better!!
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by lonelydora: 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
DzTzl:
that's ridiculously ridiculous! Some banks rate at 26% which is still way better!!

They said it's because of the TSA. Although I'm yet to confirm it. It was 22% before.
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by lalateh: 12:37am On Dec 13, 2015
lonelydora:

StanbicIBTC has been my bank and I don't regret it. Although I heard the rate now is 35%.

how many percent b4
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by mikolo80: 1:54am On Dec 13, 2015
coldsummer:
The only focus of our banks are the very ri h and the politicians.
They don't give a frack about any other person.

It's almost like it's a taboo to encourage a small business grow. Once they notice a slight growth in your business, they come running to yo to form ally. They are like America that won't befriend you unless you have oil.
Would you like your bank to play tete with your savings. The SMEs should Step up their game. Go public and crowdfund and them scale up. Nobody said life would be fair.
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by mikolo80: 1:55am On Dec 13, 2015
How many him do as zenith bank md. Talk is cheap
Re: Banks Not Doing Enough To Support SMEs – Emefiele by lonelydora: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2015
lalateh:

how many percent b4

22%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your BankPHB Experience? / External Reserves Drop To Three-month Low / Dangote Sugar Posts N14.4bn Profit In 2016, Declares 60k Dividend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.