Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam (11314 Views)

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Powerful Webmaster Needed For Interswitch Intergrated Website / Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
It is official. got a spam asking me to enter my ATM card for interswitch registration or it won't work,  i get hundreds weekly. but this time i chose not to delete it and clicked on the link,  lo and behold,

http://www.equitorialtrustbank.com/index/res/service.html (ETB official Corporate Website)

When you enter details (please enter fake ones) the form accepts submisison then re-directs you to the Real Interswitch Website

This is scary business especially for those ETB customers who are already used to their Banks website and its url, they will simply enter the details and post straight away.

Meanwhile their accounts will be drained in locations far away

Please warn any ETB friend of this very clever scam. especially done from a real bank's website

Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by danteweb: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
Wait a minute. How did scammers manage to create their own page in the bank's webspace. Did the bank's website ftp details leak or what? Totally unbelievable and terrifying!!!
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by MrCrackles(m): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2009
This is a standard fraud shit

It has been around for a while
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Seun(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
Picture of phishing page:

Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by osasp(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
i saw that before
but through abbey bank here in the uk.

be careful.
never give out your details under any circumstance.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Tats(m): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have gotten about three of such e-mails in the last 2 months.
I nearly believed it as the web address appeared to be a real interswitch website. But I concluded it was fake and that since I am not home, they were free to cancel my card as I will get a new one when I visited.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Tats(m): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have gotten about three of such e-mails in the last 2 months.
I nearly believed it as the web address appeared to be a real interswitch website. But I concluded it was fake and that since I am not home, they were free to cancel my card as I will get a new one when I visited.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by sasha2000: 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
I don't think they've hacked into the bank. I knew immediately that it was fraudulent because if you look at the ads/links at the bottom of the page they are all spams and/or links that are not related to the bank!
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by sasha2000: 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
I don't think they've hacked into the bank. I knew immediately that it was fraudulent because if you look at the ads/links at the bottom of the page they are all spams and/or links that are not related to the bank!
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
Nigerians are now getting hit by their own game. Karma's a real bitch
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Jokething: 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
I get phishing e-mail as well especially here in the UK, Just ensure that you have Anti-virus to be able to detect fraud internet page,
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Jokething: 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
I get phishing e-mail as well especially here in the UK, Just ensure that you have Anti-virus to be able to detect fraud internet page,
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by stkris(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
i get these crappy emails almost everyday. . when i aint busy, i actually fill out the form for the fun of it with stuff like name on card: "mickey mouse" ,PIN no: 666  and crap like dat.  cheesy
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Jokething: 12:03am On Jun 04, 2009
st-kris:

i get these crappy emails almost everyday. . when i aint busy, i actually fill out the form for the fun of it with stuff like name on card: "mickey mouse" ,PIN no: 666  and crap like dat.  cheesy

Same here especially when am bored.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by donugapi(m): 12:59am On Jun 04, 2009
I get like 2 of these emails everyday. Please people don't fill any details.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by royalicon(m): 1:17am On Jun 04, 2009
Let all be cautious in handling internet issues especially when it relates to banking and money stuff
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by bigboyslim(m): 1:54am On Jun 04, 2009
e-mail phishing 101.

Never open any link that deals with electronic cash transaction from your mail box.

and I wonder why interswitch doesnt have an SSL digital certificate to verify the authenticity of their site.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by nawah1980(m): 3:11am On Jun 04, 2009
This is serious!!!! 9ja has improved very well in the criminal aspect.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Delta007(m): 3:22am On Jun 04, 2009
No bank or financial institution asks you to update ur info via email. This is a phishing scam that has been around for a few years now. . . not jus in Nigeria
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by BenHundred(m): 3:23am On Jun 04, 2009
Chai see talent abeg! But people do beware, the scammers are getting more talented.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by showbobo(m): 3:39am On Jun 04, 2009
I wonder why anyone would fall for this cheap scam anyway undecided
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by mbulela: 3:53am On Jun 04, 2009
i always wonder why people fall for all this scams??
i have never been tempted and hopefully never will be.
as a rule, i never do any financial transaction on the internet.never ever.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Jarus(m): 6:11am On Jun 04, 2009
1st tym i got ds mail, also nearly fell, tanx 2 an area in d form i found unclear and complained 2 gtb, only 2 b told dey didnt send any form 2 me. Lukd so much lyk gtb www. Since den i've got tens of such mail,wich i simply delete
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by interestin: 6:14am On Jun 04, 2009
Look Before You Leap! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by baron2000(m): 6:41am On Jun 04, 2009
bigboyslim:

e-mail phishing 101.

Never open any link that deals with electronic cash transaction from your mail box.

and I wonder why interswitch doesnt have an SSL digital certificate to verify the authenticity of their site.

are we sure someone in interswitch is not in bed with these guys? by now they should have gone THE extra MILE to put the fraudsters outa business. they are looking the other way.

i get at least 5 evryday. its like im a prime target. PLS INTERSWITCH DO SOMETHING!!!!
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by FBS: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2009
phishing. . .
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by biola44: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by biola44: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Meldrick(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2009
No doubt these thieves are brilliant. But why won't these hoodlums use this intelligence for the good of the nation especially in this rebranding era. One of my Directors complained of his money cleared from his acount without his notice. These thieves must pay for their sins.
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2009
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2009
Re: Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam by gidig(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2009
It is not just ETB. It is done for everyone. They are simply creating and registering domain names very similar to these legit ones. They have for all the bannks. The interswitch one you got will not be the real interswitch website as one or two letters will be be different but most people won't even check. I got one a while back and knew instantly it was one of those things. They do the same for telcoms,creating bogus sites with names of the telcom provider, promising the winners prizes.

That was how the Brazilian bank was duped of over 200 million dollars a few years back. There are many CBN websites all over the net created by these fraudsters; same as minsitries and parastatals. So, beware!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace / How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.