Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? (11447 Views)

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam / Do You Know Of Any Nigerian Ecommerce Store With Interswitch Or Etransact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by daretayo(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2007
Hello Guys, Looks at the website and something went of in my mind.From the response to the website I it seems that there is a problem that needs to be solved.Take this

What would you guys think of a online service that allows you to accept Interswitch,Vpay(The Former Value card that is now powered by visa) and also etranzact cards online on your website.
What if such a service has an easy to use interface that allows to start accepting these payment cards within hours of activation.
You will have a log in panel that allows you check your sales and know how much was paid and buy who,amoung so many things.

You will probably pay like 10-15k as sign up fee for such a service (as opposed to the 150k interswitch fee.) and you will probably pay a transaction fee of like 5-6% of your sales price as a fee,

You will probably have your sales for the month transferred into your bank account by the 7th -10th working day of the next month.

This is pretty much the way web merchant accounts work in more developed countries.

I am working on this system and it should be fully ready within the next few weeks.

It will give you access to over 4million Interswitch card holders plus the card holders from other schemes(personally I think VPAY from Local Visa-value card is going to whip interswich ass.)
The proposed service wont be absolutetly free like First Inland bank (although I don’t really believe that the first Inland direct transfer solution is free or really meant or suited for web merchants)But will be designed specifically for those that want to sell online easily
What do you guys think ??
Will this fly ? any suggestions ,critisms .
My vision is to allow everyone and his dog to be able to accept payments from the only functional online payment system in nigeria right now( interswitch webpay). As UBA will say. I want to democratize the ability to accept local online payments
.Please either post here your reply or send me email at jeffrandy@gmail.com
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by smartsoft(m): 11:45am On Aug 24, 2007
Are you telling us you are done with this solutions because my fellow Developers, here will like to test run this service of yours i can't think of paying 150k to someone else again abeg i don tirer. !
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2007
well nice innovation, i just hope to see more stuffs like this and finally kick interswitch's *
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by tundewoods(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2007
Not a bad idea ! keep us posted.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by webemerald(m): 5:35am On Aug 25, 2007
If u can make it happen itll be a dream come true nd massive response is guaranteed.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by dearone: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2007
Hey, that will be wonderful, you are doing something like PayPal service, yes that will be very good, but 6% on the transaction might be on the high side.

A word of advice, I know you are not planing to give this to hawkers on the street, but since you mentioned that you want even the dogs to have access to this online payment, I think you should keep it at say 2 - 3%, let them come in first then see how you can take it up or sell the whole thing for big money.

The Idea I think is to try and tie a lot of online merchants to your service first and you can do that by a moderate cost.

For the firstinlandbank service I think it is good, and soon you will see it on my website.

Just tell me when yours is ready and if the pricing is good for me and my customers I will also use it, so nobody is let out.

Keep it up.

email "team1eng2 at yahoo dot com" with the subject "online payment"
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by topetope(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2007
Haba,
5-6%?
us that not outrageous?
Interswictch charges 1.5%,FirstInland solution chrges the same so how come ur will be that high.

I dont want to see u a opportunist as against a biz man.
At 6%,we will gradually be paying the 150k interswitch is demanding and even be paying more on the longrun.

pls go and think well.
this idea as it stands is a SCAM.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by daretayo(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2007
I dont think the 5-6% is high. You should factor in the fact that amoung my cost will be the interswitch fee of 1.5%.
I will also have running cost such as hosting fees, and will have to secure the site against hackers and scammers.
And also marketing costs.
besides will still like to turn a profit.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by topetope(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
Reasons not good enuf.
I will rather go for interswitch and save my prospective customers from HIGH cost of purchasing.

U sell GALA with ur 6% and i sell same with 1.5%,who will the customer by from?
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by ksexie: 1:15am On Aug 31, 2007
daretayo

i am really sure you dont want to develop something and u will find out that u have wasted ur time. its a nice concept but 5-6% is too high.

what will simply happen if you charge this is

1. Merchants dat use ur service will hav their goods expensive, this would chase customers and thereby reduce your income also.

2. when this merchant realise what is happening they wuld forget about ur service and probably go on to interswitch web pay

so really think about it .

dont end up developing something u will end up using by ur self
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by ruemu(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2007
ur rate is high, very high but i tell u something so long interswitch still has the monopoly, I bet u'll have to do alot of ground work to get things to work, and ur ground work is ZERO down to pull the CROWD with ur resources, and maybe they (interswitch will open up a little)
from ur post it sound like u're working on using the already existing infrastructure, u're a third party reseller of interswitch/vcard.
Sounds good an idea but man u'll have to do better than provide us an all excesses bill that will later be transfered on clients,

well it could be an option but definitely not the solution,
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by dearstan(m): 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
@poster

what is this all about?
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by phoenixy1: 1:02pm On May 05, 2008
Hey guys, all good comments. The guy is probably high on dreams! Personally I think it is a nice system but obviously overpriced. Considering that there are already systems currently running for zero set-up fee and a fraction of his cost. Naija don de open eye oh! Internet payment gateways only need now to be appreciated by the general public(the 'dogs') for it to take off, but its here already.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by OmniPotens(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2008
Nice project.

I guess we should wait for him to conclude the project first then he can then look into the pricing thing.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 06, 2008
@poster

Thats a great idea coming from you, man

But why not focus on getting the project to work first before calculating how much your rates will be,

that way, you will focus on the best way to solve the task at hand (getting commoner to receive online payment)

rather than the best way it can generate more money
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by phoenixy1: 1:32pm On May 06, 2008
What do you expect? We are Naijans, lol the guy needs motivation man!, and nothing motivates more than the green stuff. He needs to count his eggs so he can sharpen his bell for the perper soup to come. Bless. Anyway the purpose of his thread is to get a feel of what we feel. Im sure by now he must get the picture right. Nigeria is a country of inteligent prople and so must be treated so. To be an honest bissiness man, you need to be able to offer ''100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.'' If your not willing to do that then your nothing but an opportunist. Good luck y'all.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by NikitaNew: 6:43am On May 29, 2008
Hi,

I need to integrate Interswitch Payement gateway in my website.
can any body help me out please.

Thanx in advance
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by phoenixy1: 11:51am On May 29, 2008
Hey Nikita,
What is your website url? and whet level of encryption do you need.
There might be several options available to you.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by NikitaNew: 9:04am On May 31, 2008
Hi phoenixy,

Thanx for your reply,

The website url in which i need to integrate Interswitch is www.yourusmail.com .
i am able to send information to the interswitch webpay page but dont know how to get back the response on my website that whether the payment was successfully done or not.
i just need the complete code to integrate the payement gateway in my web site preferably in asp.net but if available in any other language than it will be helpfull too.

Please help me in this.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by phoenixy1: 11:42pm On May 31, 2008
Hi there,
Your website is quite nice and so is the concept. I belive you will definitely find your niche in that biz.

Considering the nature of your services,I would say that you do not really have to bother much about receiving payments directly from nigeria.
It will be good to have that option for ease of use but I would suggest you start work on payments from American express.

I mean, if people will be ordering for US goods, they would already have a method of payment for these items, yes? They might as well use the same system to pay for your services. Get?

Meanwhile you can work with Nigerian payment processors or as you hope use interswitch directly.
The thing is that Nigerian banks started useing cards only recently and have not really come round it fully. Interswitch is trying their best to connect things also but they still have their limitations.

Ideally, Interswitch should provide you with full integration codes including a redirect url form, but as it is you will have to make do with what you get for now and always carry out a manual check with your bank for confirmation of all payments.

UBA as well as most banks now offer 'online banking', however these are generally limited to checking of account balance only due to scare of fraud, but is good enough for your purpose of acct. bal. checking.

I hope thats helpful or what do you think?
B.A
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by prosper(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2008
phoenixy1:

Hi there,
Your website is quite nice and so is the concept. I believe you will definitely find your niche in that biz.

Considering the nature of your services,I would say that you do not really have to bother much about receiving payments directly from Nigeria.
It will be good to have that option for ease of use but I would suggest you start work on payments from American express.

I mean, if people will be ordering for US goods, they would already have a method of payment for these items, yes? They might as well use the same system to pay for your services. Get?

Meanwhile you can work with Nigerian payment processors or as you hope use interswitch directly.
The thing is that Nigerian banks started using cards only recently and have not really come round it fully. Interswitch is trying their best to connect things also but they still have their limitations.

Ideally, Interswitch should provide you with full integration codes including a redirect url form, but as it is you will have to make do with what you get for now and always carry out a manual check with your bank for confirmation of all payments.

UBA as well as most banks now offer 'online banking', however these are generally limited to checking of account balance only due to scare of fraud, but is good enough for your purpose of acct. bal. checking.

I hope thats helpful or what do you think?
B.A

Hey,
GTBank allows you to:

1. Check balance,
2. Transfer from one account to another,
3. and they send you alerts on your Mobile phone via SMS and Email when payments are made into your account.
4. No hidden charges.[ They don't charge you for these services. ] unlike zenith that only allows checking and will charge you for using their ATM card on their ATM. even to check your balance.

I wonder what the other banks are waiting for.

Besides it cost you almost nothing to open an account there.
And all accounts are zero based. Meaning you can withdraw all your money upto zero naira.
And opening one is very stress free.

They are the best option today.
Maybe one other will come up tomorrow.

You can ask Seun the moderator how much stress he went through until he went to GTB.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by bug24(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2008
Well done Phoenix,

now whats the best payment gateway to receive payment from US and UK?
is there any site in Nigeria that has this facility?
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by cdeveloper(m): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
I always believe that human knowledge belong to the world, and taking advantage of others to enrich your pocket is an indication of your selfishness and to such persons knowledge always come to those who will freely give it out first before it comes to you. I am not referring to anyone in particular but those of us that think we can take advantage of other peoples ignorance; i am afraid you won't get any far.

If i have to integrate interswitch on my site and i pay you N15000 for that and still you collect 5-6% interest on any transaction that transpired on my site. Common guys, do not think i will be that stupid to fall for this bloated offer, when i can get to interswitch guys and initiate this transaction at VI. Stick with me and i will be explaining the products interswitch offer and the cut they collect from you. Hey if you have any question regarding connecting interstwich,etranzact payment gateway, feel free to post it on my blog  www.youbanize.com and i will attend to your question.

I am a developer based in Lagos and part of my job is to connect any application my company develop with these payment gateways. So i am well acquainted with the processes involved and i can offer to help anyone  who is prepared to connect to these payment gateway.

I have a couple of question for you and i would want you to answer them

1. What product of interswitch or etranzact payment engine are you charging N15000 for ?

2. How much interest do they(Interswitch or etranzact charge per transaction)

3. When has these payment gateway start dishing out apis to third parties

Friends,comrades and fellow developers, i have worked with these guys and i must say that the fact that they did not explicitly explain their transactions does not mean that it is very difficult.

Interswitch has three payment solutions namely
                                    WebPAY payment engine
                                    PayDirect payment engine
                                    AutoPay payment engine

Majority of merchant go for either WebPAY or PayDirect payment engine
WebPAY payment engine is the cheapest of them and it is not very difficult to setup.A one time setup fee of N150,000  is required to get your merchant ID and for every transaction you make they charge you N50, while  PAYDirect payment engine (majorly used by universities and colleges) is about N1.5M and for every transaction you make depending on the transaction amount, they will charge you either N300 if your transaction amount is less that N20,000 and 1.5% if your transaction is more that N20,000.
I will be discussing more of these payment gateway in my blog.Please do not let people who are out to capitalize on your ignorance swindle you off you hard earn money.

Cdeveloper
www.youbanize.com
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by Mohtashim: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2009
Hi All,

I need to integrate Interswitch Payement gateway in my website and website is in php.
can any body help me out please.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by cvibe: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2009
Motashim,

You need to register with Interswitch (150k) or through GTBank( 75k). Once approved, they will send you their Integration details.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by Mohtashim: 10:40am On Feb 04, 2009
Thanks cvibe for responding.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by phoenixy1: 10:45am On Apr 29, 2009
bug24:

Well done Phoenix,

now whats the best payment gateway to receive payment from US and UK?
is there any site in Nigeria that has this facility?

Thank you Bug24,

Sorry for the late reply, you see I've been out of the country for some time now. Oh sorry, I mean out of the planet.(went on a space trip with Sir Richard Branson).

Ok, answer to your question and to all nigerians looking for honest quality service,  Lookup www.softpay.org

They accept payments on your behalf in Naira and all international credit cards
and their service is free!

Thats what Ive been looking for.
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by Syvalam(m): 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2009
this is a gud concept keep it up which you all the best
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by samo(m): 4:36am On Jun 01, 2010
Nice idea, something i've been thinking about, however prior to coming over to this forum, i just came across this website https://www.surepay.com.ng while doing a research about this matter. Has anyone tried them?

I tried contacting interswitch. They suck when it comes to response, they do not respond to emails or phone calls
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by apapabay(m): 1:42am On Aug 01, 2010
Well, coming rather late, how did it go?
I have a plan for something similar for Nigeria. Join me.
email info@fachmannhunter.com
Re: Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? by mrph: 7:25am On Nov 28, 2010
This may be very late, BUT,
I need info on the process and amount involved to get an interswitch (any other?) payment gateway on a site im articulating for online shoping in Nigeria.
Have the prices been updated ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wordpress Vs Blogger! Which Is Better? / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? / Nigerian Hacking Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.