Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Do Christians Believe In These? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Believe In These? (2634 Views)

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
You claim to follow Jesus... You are supposed to be doing everything Jesus did and also believe in everything Jesus said..................

Jesus never enter any church to pray or worship God

.Jesus never sing and dance to glorify God nor he said you people can be singing and dancing to glorify God

Jesus never read the book called Bible..

Jesus never celebrated or tell anybody his birthday dare..

Jesus never collected tithe nor pay tithe nor commanded people to pay tithe

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED IF I AM WRONG...

And we all know Bible has different translation like KJV, NIV, RSV and the likes and also is the difference in volume of chapters included in Bible.. we have protestant, Catholic, orthodox Christian Bible.. these are mere biography of the man called Jesus.. it's only him that can confirm the authenticity of the stories written but he's not on earth... Bible is not credible...

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED.. THAT'S IF I AM WRONG..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by benedictnsi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
Op, which side of the bed did you wake up from today

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by thorpido(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Christmas is coming.A period to reflect and be inspired with the works of Christ.
A lot of things in the world are irrelevant......like this thread.

Let us pay attention to things that add value.......spiritual value.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by alterswerve(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jesus went to the synagogue

The Psalmists, inspired by God asked us to worship God that way

Jesus read the Bible when he entered the temple. He read the book of Isaiah when He entered the temple. He also quoted Bible scriptures. How would he have quoted if He had not read?

Let others answer the rest.

Thanks for standing to be corrected.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
You are totally wrong, let me correctly somethings

Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. FROM HERE YOU CAN SEE THAT JESUS DIDN'T CONDEMN TITHE

English word Bible is from the Latin biblia ,
from the same word in Medieval Latin and
Late Latin and ultimately from Koine Greek τὰ
βιβλία ta biblia "the books" (singular βιβλίον
biblion). [6]
Medieval Latin biblia is short for biblia sacra
"holy book", while biblia in Greek and Late
Latin is neuter plural (gen. bibliorum ). It
gradually came to be regarded as a feminine
singular noun ( biblia, gen. bibliae ) in medieval
Latin, and so the word was loaned as a
singular into the vernaculars of Western
Europe. [7] Latin biblia sacra "holy books"
translates Greek τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια ta biblia ta
hagia , "the holy books". [8]
The word βιβλίον itself had the literal
meaning of "paper" or "scroll" and came to be
used as the ordinary word for " book". It is the
diminutive of βύβλος byblos, "Egyptian
papyrus", possibly so called from the name of
the Phoenician sea port Byblos (also known
as Gebal) from whence Egyptian papyrus was
exported to Greece. The Greek ta biblia (lit.
"little papyrus books"wink [9] was "an expression
Hellenistic Jews used to describe their sacred
books (the Septuagint). [10][11] Christian use
of the term can be traced to c. 223 CE. (CHECK WIKIPEDIA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Solidkay(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Obviousely u woke up on d wrong side of d mat,i bet u didnt sleep on d bed,
If u are an atheist or an aspiring one jst come out straight n stop beating around d bush by criticising wt is far oldeer than our great grandfathers.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
alterswerve:

Jesus read the Bible when he entered the temple. He read the book of Isaiah when He entered the temple. He also quoted Bible scriptures. How would he have quoted if He had not read?

the Bible verses to support your claims sir
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
hopelink1:
You are totally wrong, let me correctly somethings

Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. FROM HERE YOU CAN SEE THAT JESUS DIDN'T CONDEMN TITHE

English word Bible is from the Latin biblia ,
from the same word in Medieval Latin and
Late Latin and ultimately from Koine Greek τὰ
βιβλία ta biblia "the books" (singular βιβλίον
biblion). [6]
Medieval Latin biblia is short for biblia sacra
"holy book", while biblia in Greek and Late
Latin is neuter plural (gen. bibliorum ). It
gradually came to be regarded as a feminine
singular noun ( biblia, gen. bibliae ) in medieval
Latin, and so the word was loaned as a
singular into the vernaculars of Western
Europe. [7] Latin biblia sacra "holy books"
translates Greek τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια ta biblia ta
hagia , "the holy books". [8]
The word βιβλίον itself had the literal
meaning of "paper" or "scroll" and came to be
used as the ordinary word for " book". It is the
diminutive of βύβλος byblos, "Egyptian
papyrus", possibly so called from the name of
the Phoenician sea port Byblos (also known
as Gebal) from whence Egyptian papyrus was
exported to Greece. The Greek ta biblia (lit.
"little papyrus books"wink [9] was "an expression
Hellenistic Jews used to describe their sacred
books (the Septuagint). [10][11] Christian use
of the term can be traced to c. 223 CE. (CHECK WIKIPEDIA

is Luke 11:42 Jesus word? is it Jesus speaking there? and where in Bible Jesus was said to have pay his tithe?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Solidkay:
Obviousely u woke up on d wrong side of d mat,i bet u didnt sleep on d bed,
If u are an atheist or an aspiring one jst come out straight n stop beating around d bush by criticising wt is far oldeer than our great grandfathers.

your great grandfather's are wrong and dumb
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

is Luke 11:42 Jesus word? is it Jesus speaking there? and where in Bible Jesus was said to have pay his tithe?
SORRY
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Solidkay(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

your great grandfather's are wrong and dumb

Suit urself.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by alterswerve(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

the Bible verses to support your claims sir

Well, If you read the Bible enough to purport your initial claims, you should do another research and look for what i posted in the Bible.

Don't be lazy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
alterswerve:

Well, If you read the Bible enough to purport your initial claims, you should do another research and look for what i posted in the Bible.

Don't be lazy

Bible supports my claim and you know it..
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by alterswerve(m): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

Bible supports my claim and you know it..

I'm too mature to be having this debate with you. I believe you are educated. Search the scriptures without sentiments. You'll find the answers you seek... Most definitely

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by skywolf66(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
alterswerve:

Jesus didn't read the bible, as of that time the bible hasn't been written yet. So he read the jews book TORAH
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by mamsong9(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
You claim to follow Jesus... You are supposed to be doing everything Jesus did and also believe in everything Jesus said..................

.Jesus never sing and dance to glorify God nor he said you people can be singing and dancing to glorify God

And we all know Bible has different translation like KJV, NIV, RSV and the likes and also is the difference in volume of chapters included in Bible.. we have protestant, Catholic, orthodox Christian Bible.. these are mere biography of the man called Jesus.. it's only him that can confirm the authenticity of the stories written but he's not on earth... Bible is not credible...

Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!!
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by alterswerve(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
skywolf66:

Jesus didn't read the bible, as of that time the bible hasn't been written yet. So he read the jews book TORAH

That was wah i meant. The Torah, the Psalms and the Prophets.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by tmamuda(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
Will answer all your question but let me ask you a simple questions
Are you a Christian or you just want us the Christian to prove you?
Or you really want to know?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2015
tmamuda:
Will answer all your question but let me ask you a simple questions
Are you a Christian or you just want us the Christian to prove you?
Or you really want to know?

am proudly a Muslim and I wanna show you that Islam is the only religion in this world.. prove it to me and your religion stands
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Maamin(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

am proudly a Muslim and I wanna show you that Islam is the only religion in this world.. prove it to me and your religion stands

Of course the only religion instituted by satan himself.

You worship what you dont know but we worship what we know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Maamin:

Of course the only religion instituted by satan himself.
You worship what you dont know but we worship what we know.

your loss bro
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ByfireByfire: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

A religion whose prophet at nearly 60years of age lusted for & slept with a 9 year old baby girl child. Slept with several other women in lust. Killed innocent people that didn't agree with him. Robbed people to enrich himself.

Commanded his followers to do as he did. God forbid such satanic religion.

Even if Christianity is a false religion, I'd rather be an atheist than be a muslim.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by tmamuda(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

And we Christian, yeah Jesus Christ followers and proud about it.
Christianity is not a religion, Christianity is life. Since you said Islam is religion keep your religion and we keep our Life.

"Prove it to me and your religion stand" Nothing to prove cos Christianity is not religion by the way if I tell you about the Christian faith believe it or not it stands FOREVER AND EVER.
You want an argument and will not do that with you
If you wanted to know l could have told you
But for the sake of PEACE don't say or talk anything about the Christian since you don't know. And your concern should be your religion not the Christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2015
tmamuda:

And we Christian, yeah Jesus Christ followers and proud about it.
Christianity is not a religion, Christianity is life. Since you said Islam is religion keep your religion and we keep our Life.

"Prove it to me and your religion stand" Nothing to prove cos Christianity is not religion by the way if I tell you about the Christian faith believe it or not it stands FOREVER AND EVER.
You want an argument and will not do that with you
If you wanted to know l could have told you
But for the sake of PEACE don't say or talk anything about the Christian since you don't know. And your concern should be your religion not the Christian.

can you listen to yourself? Christianity isn't a religion.. isn't it based on Jesus? the same jesus it's based on you people never follow... I no get time to argue.. your loss if you refuse to accept the truth
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2015
ByfireByfire:

A religion whose prophet at nearly 60years of age lusted for & slept with a 9 year old baby girl child. Slept with several other women in lust. Killed innocent people that didn't agree with him. Robbed people to enrich himself.

Commanded his followers to do as he did. God forbid such satanic religion.

Even if Christianity is a false religion, I'd rather be an atheist than be a muslim.

laughing in Swahili... this accusations about the greatest human that ever lived got me thinking... Creator must have been preparing a special punishment for you badmouthing people...

like I said to your fellow pagans... your loss
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by tmamuda(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

can you listen to yourself? Christianity isn't a religion.. isn't it based on Jesus? the same jesus it's based on you people never follow... I no get time to argue.. your loss if you refuse to accept the truth

So be it
Never said things that you no nothing about
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2015
tmamuda:

So be it Never said things that you no nothing about

laughing.. prove each of my point wrong biblically
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ByfireByfire: 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

laughing in Swahili... this accusations about the greatest human that ever lived got me thinking... Creator must have been preparing a special punishment for you badmouthing people...

like I said to your fellow pagans... your loss

Its nothing new. To some people the greatest fellow to ever live is the devil himself and as you have shown muslims are not exempted from this bizzare claim.

A perverted man at almost 60yrs had sexual lust for a baby girl in diaper when she was just 6 years. He sexually abused her at 9 and yet claimed to receive visions from God.

He killed, beheaded, robbed and maimed innocent people all through his life and died a miserable shameful death.

This is the greatest human to ever live to you.

You are no different from a satanist!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Its nothing new. To some people the greatest fellow to ever live is the devil himself and as you have shown muslims are not exempted from this bizzare claim.

A perverted man at almost 60yrs had sexual lust for a baby girl in diaper when she was just 6 years. He sexually abused her at 9 and yet claimed to receive visions from God.

He killed, beheaded, robbed and maimed innocent people all through his life and died a miserable shameful death.

This is the greatest human to ever live to you.

You are no different from a satanist!!!

laughing
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:

I think you have some point there. I too do not agree with the status quo of Christianity. Instead of arguing with your fellow Christians why don't you focus more on knowing Christ and your eyes would be open to more truths that are powerful enough to open the eyes of your brethen. Please focus more on knowing the person of Christ and try to build a very strong relationship with God.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by Hybrid01: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
the bible actually says we should hold on to what we believe And not get into senseless arguments.Bro,hold on to ur religion,leave we Christians wt ours.the sky is wide enof 4 d birds to fly.all I personally preach is DT we shd all endeavour to live in peace wtout creating rancour in d name of RELIGION!
Re: Why Do Christians Believe In These? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I think you have some point there. I too do not agree with the status quo of Christianity. Instead of arguing with your fellow Christians why don't you focus more on knowing Christ and your eyes would be open to more truths that are powerful enough to open the eyes of your brethen. Please focus more on knowing the person of Christ and try to build a very strong relationship with God.

talking of Christ... I know much about him.. do you? can you tell me his real name and language he spoke when he was alive?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURES Of Apostle Sulaiman And alleged lover OTOBO videochats Released / Esu Is Yeshua (jesus) - Scholastic Debate By Asar Imhotep / Why The Muslim Apologists Usually Win.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.