Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! (7571 Views)

Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) / FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2015
This is crazy
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by iconaus: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2015
BRAV0O:
believe me I hate to quote you even as am typing this I may regret even quoting u later but pls kindly be informed that nigerians occupy the street in the protest of fuel subsidy removal during gej tenure is not because nigerians were against it! NO! Maybe u need to tune back ur tv to various news then pls get ur fact right majority of the protester even support the removal of the so called subsidy but they all av no other choice than to protest against it cus of jonathan fraud way of going about it and nigerians are not well equip or prepare for any hardship it will caused! Ehen don't be so shallow!

lier and thrash ... it was about the price of fuel if it is removed . note that Nigerians are better of economically then compared to now . its all about pulling Gej govt down because of where he comes from . Nigerians play tribal politics . I remember arguing with some people then who insisted that fuel subsidy has to stay to avoid mass suffering due to high fuel price .

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2015
iconaus:

lier and thrash ... it was about the price of fuel if it is removed . note that Nigerians are better of economically then compared to now . its all about pulling Gej govt down because of where he comes from . Nigerians play tribal politics . I remember arguing with some people then who insisted that fuel subsidy has to stay to avoid mass suffering due to high fuel price .
thrash! It is not only about the price the price hike is just only part of the reason many protest " and it doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, that those protest played tribal politics is only ur opinion my brother! Peace
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Sweetguy25: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2015
DelGardo:

The 2016 budget provides for monthly stipends to most vulnerable Nigeirans. That's a major paliative measure.

Nigerians protested in 2012 because (as HighQue007 captured so well up there) they did not trust Jonathan, and current revelations on the wanton stealing he supervised indicates that the mistrust was justifiable.

After the partial removal of subsidy in 2012 Jonathan and his cohorts purchased about 1000 buses as a direct palliative intervention. That is less than 2 buses per local government! How does that ameliorate th suffering of the masses. Then there was Sure-P, which ended up being another controversial drain pipe.

Nevertheless you cannot prescribe the same medicine for malaria and cancer. The situation in 2012 and now are different. Oil revenue is down, we have a sincere president and even consumer product price levels have adjusted to a N140/ltr regime. Now most people will support subsidy removal. It has nothing to do with APC and PDP.
Palliatives indeed. 5000 naira that would be almost worthless due to the current economic climate. It makes no difference at all.

I don't trust Buhari either. His government should Continue paying subsidy, they have no option. Removing subsidy will bring untold hardship in the lives of the people. Hardship which their 5000 naira Palliatives can't ameliorate.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by akp202(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2015
come 2016 both wailers and non wailers would have enough to wail on....
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by hardbody: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
NigLasPresident:
End of the year travelers hope you have heard... Better travel with enough cash and spend less so you are not taken by surprise again and get stranded in the village.

Don't think for us. Don't bother about us, we will always return after enough spending. 12months planning is not same as 12 hours planning.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nigerians una never chi. chum chim cheesy
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by emmasege: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2015
BRAV0O:
believe me I hate to quote you even as am typing this I may regret even quoting u later but pls kindly be informed that nigerians occupy the street in the protest of fuel subsidy removal during gej tenure is not because nigerians were against it! NO! Maybe u need to tune back ur tv to various news then pls get ur fact right majority of the protester even support the removal of the so called subsidy but they all av no other choice than to protest against it cus of jonathan fraud way of going about it and nigerians are not well equip or prepare for any hardship it will caused! Ehen don't be so shallow!
You are obviously one of those gullible Nigerians. You sound more philosophical than realistic. How was Jonathan fraudulent about it? Mr. Deep, can you enlighten us?

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by citizenisb: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2015
May God help Nigeria in 2016!!
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by citizenisb: 3:02am On Dec 15, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fuel-subsidy-to-go-next-year/

LAGOS — Following increased pressure on revenue and the expenditure profile, the Federal Government has finally yielded to domestic and international pressures to remove fuel subsidy.

This is coming as crude oil prices hit a seven-year low with global reference crude, West Texas Intermediate and Brent trading yesterday at $34.7 and $36.7 per barrel respectively, effectively disrupting Nigeria’s $38 per barrel benchmark for 2016 budget.

The crash has resulted into about N1.45 trillion shortfall in the value of the projected oil output in the international market based on production target increased in the 2016 plan to 2.2 million barrel per day (mbpd), up from actual 1.9 mbpd in 2015.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by citizenisb: 3:24am On Dec 15, 2015
Lower quality oil is already selling below $30 on global markets. Basra heavy crude from Iraq is quoted at $26 in Asia, and poor grades from Western Canada fetch as little as $22. Iran’s high-sulphur Foroozan is selling at $31.

The oil market is now in the grip of speculative forces as hedge funds take out record short positions and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) liquidate paper holdings, making it extremely hard to read the underlying conditions.

Russian finance minister Anton Siluanov said his country is bracing for the worst. “There is no defined policy by the Opec countries: it is everyone for himself, all trying to recapture markets, and it leads to the dumping that is going on,” he said.

“Everything points to low oil prices next year, and it’s possible that it could be $30 a barrel, and maybe less. If someone had told us a year ago that oil was going to be under $40, everyone would've laughed. You have to prepare for difficult times."
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Pidggin(f): 3:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Now it has turned to good news, when GEJ proposed this same thing, this same people sponsored a crowd at Ojota and paid musicians and artists to frustrate him. May God help us, we have been scammed

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Pidggin(f): 3:39am On Dec 15, 2015
BRAV0O:
Pele ti e! ODE ' eshin eshin!

I knew it! Na dem dem.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by hopilo: 3:50am On Dec 15, 2015
Praise God for making those blind to the policy in 2012 as introduce by GEJ to see clearly today. Expecting more copycatting of GEJ policies
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Abagworo(m): 12:50am On May 12, 2016
hopilo:
Praise God for making those blind to the policy in 2012 as introduce by GEJ to see clearly today. Expecting more copycatting of GEJ policies

More like Obasanjo's than GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Wins Africa Person Of The Year By Forbes Magazine / Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport / Buhari's Colored Original Result And Old School Pics: Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.