Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? (2857 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Allwell(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2006
Hi Folks

I'll like to update you all of something going on right now in south east Nigeria. Before I begin, this should not be an avenue for mudslinging, tribal sentiments but for healthy debate and research. My interest in this is purely for scientific reasons.

The Story

In my hometown like any other surrounding towns, we've got all shades of people. The rich, I mean very rich with properties all over the world, the poor, the insanes and all that. Unfortunately, we lost two young promising youths on the same day sometime this year. Both were brothers and were preparing for one of 'em wedding. They died in a car crash a week to the wedding? ( due to bad roads you say?)

Last month, I lost my cousin, He had been mentally ill since he was 14 and it was a very sad period for me.

and on and on, there were other folks as well, my room mate at college who died 3 months after his mom's death, the list is endless

Now

A certain native doctor came up (apparently fed up with what's going on), decided to expose the evil of his gang members. So his going from one village to the other exposing the heinous crimes. How true are his claims you may ask? The people he is exposing are confessing to all they've done. Right now he is going even across local govts so it's not a limited thing! All the youth's including those overseas are back home, well going witch hunting.

Punishment

30 years exile to your mother's village if you confess.

My Questions

As a Chemical Eng student, I ought to have an open mind to research. What can you explain is going on? Are these myths or facts, i mean people are confessing here you know and are being exiled.

Are there scientific laws to explain how some one can cause another person's death, misery and insanity?

I need answers and contributions. I intend unlocking the secrets of the native customs

thanks for your time
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by exu(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2006
Clarity people.

Clarity.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Wumine(f): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2006
Honestly, i dont believe in this. That doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I feel it has to do with ones belief.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by candylips(m): 1:33am On Oct 22, 2006
dude witchcraft is reall o
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Drusilla(f): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2006
Voodoo and Witchcraft are real.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Amobi1(m): 3:51am On Oct 25, 2006
Vodo might be real but most of the sudden death and crisis in naija is lack of doctor visits, water,foods;just take a look at our markets, etc
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2006
@wumie

as long as God exist devil exist.
as long as devil exist he has agent roaming free cos he is not omnipresent

well i dont need to convince u take a trip to some parts of edo and delta states i have been there thats why i mentioned this places, not that there are no other places in nigeria. take a trip there and by the time they r thru with u for one nite u go run

whitty call their own witch magic
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by bensimon(m): 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2006
Guys, I think that since we are living in a world of opposites (good-bad, fat-thin etc), and if we believe in the angels and the good spirits, then it is logical to also acknowledge the existence of evil in the form of witchcraft etc. Acknowledging its existence does not mean that you believe in it. Just as Christains and other relious organisations believe in the existence of God, they also acknowledge the existence of Satan , but they do not necessarily believe in "him/her". Recently, I had a direct experience which makes me know that witchcraft exists. I have had razor marks on my body which I know were made by a witch. However, ever since I started praying the holy rosary and the psalms, and sleeping with the bible opened on psalm 91, the attack stopped. I recommend Psalm 91 to you guys. You do not have to be a christain to pray it.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by candylips(m): 2:11am On Oct 29, 2006
someone will always carry religion enter. na wa o
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Allwell(m): 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2006
Well thanks for your posts. I've got a team of scientists and we are going to embark on a research soon. I mean detailed research. Well for clarity, all these events took place in Aba as well as in villages in Ngwa Land. We are going to unlock the secrets of the natives.
I really do know that there must be an explanation to what's going on there.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by candylips(m): 12:07am On Nov 04, 2006
well it is a know fact that science doesnt always have an answer to everything so i guess those guys are just going to waste their time
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 04, 2006
It's voodoo, science can't explain it so my advice is don't waste your money trying to understand it. It's apprently beyond human understanding and only God can help you.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Oracle(m): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2006
Voodoo really does exist, it is just as spiritual and powerful as it could ever be, though people don't believe in it. it exist.
however, it works for those who have faith in it.

Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2006
its evil lipsrsealed
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by BlackMamba(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2006
You better believe, it's for Real! If you doubt, just go to my profile, light a black candle and wish evil on anyone. The consequences will blow your mind and change your life forever. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by LiquidMind(m): 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2006
Every family have a an agent of Satan in it,

@AllWell
Stop your reseach, and just learn from what has happen .
But if you insist. then get ready for what-ever you see shocked
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2007
likes attract likes
thats just the basic law governing the effect of evil.
If evil is directed towards you and you stand in light of purity of thought, the evil will be repelled back or the effect on you will be reduced compared to what it should really cause.
So if you suffer any evil attacks you only have to blame yourself.
So to avoid any attacks from the evil world, one must start to live a life of purity either in thoughts, words or deeds, and the light of the ALMIGHTHY will encompassed us.
PEACE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by hannydarl(f): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2007
i believe as God exists so does vodoo and witchcraft exist but the power of God exceeds them all. i remember one small girl who lived with us once durring a holliday break she confessed 4wks latter that she was a witch and that she would have physically poisoned our soup put if not for the fact that she ran out of poison she wanted to do it physically because she dint succed spiritualy she confessed publicly in her school and mentioned the child that innitiated her into the group she was 12yrs old. my advise to you avoid any spiritual stuff you dont know about forget cults avoid people who are involved in mystisicm and think free and wide clean thoughts only pls.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Ndipe(m): 12:05am On Nov 04, 2007
Witchcraft exists. Anybody who has not experienced it should be very thankful for that.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by jerrymania(m): 12:20am On Nov 04, 2007
I'm ashamed towards my fellow christian brethren upstairs. Are these the answers he want? are your answers educational or scientific enough? or is it just your sentimental opinion?
Brothers give room to reason and know why things are like this and that.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by aahmed112: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ jerrymania

i guess people r always entitled to contribute, u can only say as much as u knw, issues dealin with spirituality are only subject 2 an individual understandin (damn near similar 2 religion) and no one can claim 2 hav a concrete xplanation 2 its happenin. As we share comments, we pick from each other, like poster said educational dialogue! Cheers
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Backslider(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2007
Witchcraft is the Highest form of deception that has ever been advanced by any Being that is at war with God.

You are first of all deceived and then you make other people deceiving Agents.

It is a pity this has entered the Church now where the Pastors Claim that they perform Miracles and Give the glory to themselves.

Satan is Laughing in Hell at this error. The children that discover this Lie are called children of disobedience SAUL was told that the sin of Disobedience was worse than Witch Craft.

Witches are Lied to by a false Spirit and they are deceived Vexedly It is only the Most High Spirit Of God that can heal a man from this Evil Spirit.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Ndipe(m): 1:41am On Nov 09, 2007
@Backslider, The Holy Bible contains specific passages where people practised witchcraft. What is your opinion on that?
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Backslider(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Ndipe

Tell me where in the bible that this happened.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Ndipe(m): 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2007
Read Galatians 5: 19-21, Deuteronomy 18:10-14. It admonishes all humans to desist from practising witchcraft.

Also have you ever read of the witch of Endor, whom Saul consulted at night
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Horus(m): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2007
Voodoo is a word from the Fon or Ewe language which the media has given a negative connotation because as usual its roots are found in Africa. The Druids of Europe and the Shamans of Russia is the exact same thing in another language. Voodoo is the calling on ancient ancestors for guidance and power, and is a very wide spread practice amongst African tribes.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Ndipe(m): 12:38am On Nov 11, 2007
Yeah@horus, but still the practise of voodoo contradicts the teachings of the Holy Bible. Those 'ancestral spirits' are just demons in disguise fooling some people to believe that it is the spirit of their loved ones. Not true.
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by kolaoloye(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2007
PLEASE READ YOUR BIBLE "THE THIEF COMETH NOT BUT TO STEAL,TO KILL AND TO DESTROY BUT , "
THE THIEF IN THE CONTEXT IS THE DEVIL AND HIS AGENTS. THEY ARE REAL. MY ADISE TO YOU IS TO
GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST AND LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE. BY SO DOING NO POWER UNDER THE SUN
CAN DO YOU HARM. THE  ONLY THING THEY CANNOT RESIST IS THE BLOOOOD OF JESUS.

DON'T FORGET "WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES
AND POWERS, "
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Betty605: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2007
EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER, WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE IT, YOU WILL KNOW IF IT IS REAL OR NOT!! shocked grin
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by Ivvie: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2007
Spend some time in New Orleans - You'll have a change of mind in no time (provided you are not caged).
Re: Voodoo, Witchcraft, How Real? by lafile(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2007
In case you know a witch,
Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. grin

(1) (Reply)

Did We Really Have Past Lives? / 47 Reasons Why Our Heavenly Father Has No Equals Or “co-equals” / The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.