Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke (1934 Views)

Burial Of Nora Ugo Nkeiruka (Photos) / Actress Nora Nkiruka Ugo Is Dead (Photos) / Steph-Nora Okere: "I Am Married To Jesus" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by exlinkleads(f): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2015
Have you been skeptical or wondering where filmmaker, actress and script writer, Steph Nora-Okereke is? You need not wonder anymore, the actress is back with a bang as she is currently on set working on a couple of new projects. In this chat with Entertain­er, the actress opens up on her new look and projects as well as her marital life.

The Interview:

What project are you working on cur­rently?

I always tell people that I am a dynamic artiste. I have my finger in many pies in the industry. Professionally, I am filmmaker, actress and scriptwriter. I have various projects I am working on right now. Talk­ing about acting, I am on set doing Family Ties. I am also on set shooting a movie with my friend entitled, Go Getters,and we are still shooting. Talking produc­tion, I am working on my first feature film entitled, Robata.

What inspired Robata?

It was the up­surge in fe­male gen­der abuse. I don’t like to use the word dehu­manisation but that is precisely what it is. Most of our girls, driven by the urge and the need to survive and succeed in society have compromised and a lot of prey are waiting out there to pounce on them, because they know the chal­lenges they face so they use them for their own personal ends and abuse them. Too much of that is happening and I don’t want to mention places but when you watch the movie, you will know what I am talking about. Someone once asked me, ‘is it a movie on prostitution?’ And I said ‘no, it is not; my thrust is not prostitution.’ Of course, they call prostitution the oldest profession in the world, so talking about it would be sounding like a broken record stuck in the groove. What I am talking about is the fact that the Nigerian girl child has become a casualty in this modern society of ours, a place where people are jostling for power, wealth and whatever, and the girl child is cut in the middle of it.

This is your first feature film. What are the challenges you have been facing?

Finance is a big challenge but I am believing God that I will scale the hurdle. Presently, I have applied for a loan from Bank of Industry and I am also looking at other areas to source funds for this project. I have been on this project since 2009. I have done a lot of research and now I am ready to shoot but I realise that for me to achieve what I have in mind, I need fund­ing.

A lot of ladies are going into movie production these days, what do you think is responsible for this trend?
I don’t think it is a ladies thing but if it is, good! The truth is that I have been pro­ducing since 1999. How­ever, I know that most actresses always dream of making their own films. I have been doing straight to DVD films. I have shot like seven films of my own. But this is my first feature length film.

You have been in Nollywood for 21 years, how has the journey been for you? See complete interview at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/12/i-dont-need-man-in-my-life-now.html

cc lalasticlala ishilove mynd44

Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by gistmeloveblog: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by overdrive(m): 8:30am On Dec 13, 2015
Someone that cannot afford a bottle of stout will say its very bitter nne u need a man but na d bad guys always come 4 u.pray harder madam and c change
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Want and need are two different things.

You dont want A man(maybe you want several) but you need A man.

Ma the problem is not the men but your cele status grin tongue
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by Afrok(m): 8:54am On Dec 13, 2015
If u can't get what u need, the best consolation is to say U DON'T EVEN NEED THAT THING cry.
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by Afrok(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Speechless3:
Want and need are two different things.

You dont want A man(maybe you want several) but you need A man.

Ma the problem is not the men but your cele status grin tongue
Your d.p can make someone BREATHLESS kiss
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by cruzita(f): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2015
chai this girl wicked Genevieve for super love no be small.but she is a very nice actress its been long I saw her on screen
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by LesbianBoy(m): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2015
When will she now need a man when she is very old
Re: I Don’t Need A Man In My Life Now – Nollywood Actress Steph-nora Okereke by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Afrok:
Your d.p can make someone BREATHLESS kiss

smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Sade Okoya Throws A Lavish Party To Celebrate Her Late Grand Mother / Actress Bimbo Proudly Shows Off Her Baby Bump (photos) / A Look Alike Of Little Commediene Immanuela Found In Lagos!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.