Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi (85228 Views)

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice / N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by mart2k(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Proudnigga(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
gabbytabby:

They might have said they were carrying out presidential orders but as yet we have not seen any memo originating from GEJ to that effect.

Do you know how many people died waiting to be paid their pension while this people were sharing money like there is no tomorrow.
I don't like the selective probing method of buhari undecided if u wish to probe the last administration, probe em all and don't forget those in ur party who were also parce and parcel of the last administration undecided
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
How much did you get from all these stolen funds? stop acting like illiterate,we youth are the one paying for these bullcraps,You are right to some point tho,PMB must not get involve
Sentiment will be the bane of most Nigeria youth. People like you will not look at the merit or otherwise of any issue before taking any stand. Was Emefele in charge of CBN when approval was given for money to be disbursed?
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by mart2k(m): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
They were carrying out GEJ's order,i dont see a reason why they should be arrested
You are just in hurry,Dasuki will never go down alone

Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
oluamid:

Begging the question? But I replied your question first before 'writing stories'. My 'stories' was just to establish a base for my argument. A way to make you understand why I've chosen my stand. It doesn't make me less intelligent. It just means I'm willing to go through the extra pains of explaining myself to you. Obviously, I've just wasted my time doing so.

When you get your 'more intelligent man', do let him know more and more Nigerians are becoming tired of excuses of why corrupt public officials shouldn't be clamp in jail the moment it is found out they have stolen our yams.

Stealing is NOW corruption!

Also, learn to argue without making snide remarks.

I rest my case on this thread.
Lol. I'm not doing this for you but for young minds who are reading this. But then if you keep learning few years from now you will read these thoughts of yours and cry for yourself.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by stwazobia: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
How much did you get from all these stolen funds? stop acting like illiterate,we youth are the one paying for these bullcraps,You are right to some point tho,PMB must not get involve
You are the one acting like an illiterate. Buhari should know that we are in a democratic government. He should take his dictatorship to his cows or kiss my black ass...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by 1kinggy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
adconline:
Please stop this Nonsense!! GMB cannot be the investigator, prosecutor, police, judge, executor in these cases. Let the be charged if they have enough evidence... We aren't in Idi Amin republic!!

And where did you read that he's all of this? Please read beyond the headlines.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
President is supreme in Nigeria,those things you mentioned are just in the book,refuse to carry out presidential order at your own peril
NOW I KW URE SICK. WIC SECTION OF THE CONSTITUTION SAYS THAT THE PRESIDENT (EXECUTIVE) IS SUPERIOR TO THE LAW(LAGISLATURE)? PLS QUOTE 4 ME. THE SENATE PRESIDENT IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF. THE PRESIDENT CAN BE IMPEACHED BY THE SENATE. PLEASE FACE UR STUDY N LEAVE D LAW FOR THOSE THAT CAN INTERPRET IT. TNX SIR
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by callmenow: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
skidskid:

you are also playing to the gallery by overlooking the main point behind the authors argument and have instead chosen the ethnic /trbalist route of defending their kins man .

the author main point is his belief that these monies were released illegally as they were not appropriated , I believe NOI & emefiele are experienced heads and should know whether or not due process is being. followed ( if it wasn't then they cannot claim ignorance simple!)

U also overlooked his additional and critical point which is that even commercial banks /bankers should be sanctioned too as they also facilitating corruption by allowing wealth questionably acquired to be domiciled with them and also paying out CASH to individuals (which I might add affects our liquidity) Or have u forgotten naija politics is known as "Ghana must go politics

anyway the author only mentioned NOI & emefiele as examples , his main Pont is we should seriously start going after the FACILITATORS. of these embezzlements , not just focusing on the politicians .

The author failed to argue his 'point'. You cannot eat your cake and have it. If we want western democracy, then we must adhere to the rule of law in its entirety. Dr Okonjo Iweala has confirmed that she followed due process. She referred to a council meeting which was constituted according to our constitution, which sanctioned the expenditure through Dasuki. In other words, this was federal government decision, not merely Jonathan or Dasuki's. In other words, the money was NOT illegal. HOWEVER, I am angry that the money was not used judiciously to purchase the necessary arms to subdue boko haram. Although I UNDERSTAND the western governments refused to sell arms to the Jonathan administration. Just like they have refused to sell arms to Buhari administration, which means black market arms purchase. Inevitably, you will need to use cash to avoid western spies from monitoring the purchase and subsequent sanctions. The thing is that these things are rather very complex, yet simple minded people are arguing the matter in a simplistic manner, out of ignorance. Dasuki has defiantly stated that he will SEE the Fed in court next week. We will wait and see how the whole thing unfolds. The federal government is acting with impunity by arresting people Willy nilly. Dasuki, dalhatu, Kanu,etc. People are being picked off the street by DSS, EFCC, POLICE, etc. Then they are not charged. That is illegal by the government. It could be you tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
They were carrying out GEJ's order,i dont see a reason why they should be arrested
You are just in hurry,Dasuki will never go down alone

MAN!!!! Didn't you read the article above. What it means is that it is ILLEGAL. In other words, The constitution does not support it. Which means that the Orders was supposed to have been approved by the National Assembly. Whether the President gives Orders should not be obeyed
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by kokumo1949: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazdilijae:
I would ask is the release Bail out fund by Buhari to states appropriated? Why would the same Buhari the order the arrest of okonjo when he has commited the same crime? If he does then he should be impeached.
The law is for every1 big or small, minister or president.

Bail out are loans given to state govt and repayment spread over a longer period . Get this clear.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by gabbytabby: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Proudnigga:
I don't like the selective probing method of buhari undecided if u wish to probe the last administration, probe em all and don't forget those in ur party who were also parce and parcel of the last administration undecided

At this point it appears to be arising out of the federal government stock take such that it appears to be against people in the PDP and I would say this is not surprising they were in the Govt afterall.

The question is not for Buhlari but why each Governor is not following in the same path.

We need to direct the questions to the right department.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
EdCure:

The Buhari bail-out funds (which was a loan) was publicised, the amount known and the purpose understood.
Can the same be said about the Jonathan/Okonjo/Emefiele licentous withdrawals?

You didn't answer if it was appropriated because that is the ground for expenditure not an order so if it is okey for Buhari to order that and get away with. It then no can hold the last administration for doing same
Practice what you preach
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
kokumo1949:

Bail out are loans given to state govt and repayment spread over a longer period . Get this clear.

Okonjo said the release was a loan so if PMB could order a loan out with appropriation the there is no grounds to call for arrest on the same action by the past admin
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by omonnakoda: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Central Bank is ultimately a BANK .Its loans are not subject to appropriation but the Central Bank Act.

The European Central Bank,The Federal Reserve to name few have been printing money by the billions and loaning to various entities. Was it subject to APPROPRIATION? No !!

Central Bank loans and other INTERVENTION FUNDS are not subject to additional appropriation over and beyond what the CBN Act stipulates
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
adeyak83:

Though you are right, but bailout fund was released officially and it been announced by fg infact evrybody is aware of it, its almost accepted by 70% of Nigerians and stakeholders, paid with cheque and other laid down proceedures, but who knew about $2b or talk about it before it been released to d h@tless man, Dasuki werey? except d wereycious benefactors.

So it boils back to the fact that the call for arrest is unwarranted as you can't accuse someone of a crime you are also committing. Be it publicised or not, and how do you khow the percentage that accepted it?
Okonjo was following directive and that is it.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=serikiYCU post=40961198][/quote]

Which NASS approved it? The 7th or 8th assembly? Please go and research well
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by eyoniggar(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2015
tdammy:
All this confused Nigerian youth I don tire for unaa especially nairaland youth, U are all shouting corruption corruption corruption.

Can U imaging d amount of monie this people are just moving(stealing). All this monie in dasuki's case alone is enough to build a standard hospital in every local government in Nigeria, yet some idiot go dey spilt rubbish for mouth.

If buhari is going to go tru illegal means to recover stolen funds let him go ahead.

That's part of leadership.

You dey mind them bro? If everything has to go to through judicial procedure or Senate Approval, then we may never get the needed change required for this country. Executive orders needs to be exercised when necessitated.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
callmenow:

The author failed to argue his 'point'. You cannot eat your cake and have it. If we want western democracy, then we must adhere to the rule of law in its entirety. Dr Okonjo Iweala has confirmed that she followed due process. She referred to a council meeting which was constituted according to our constitution, which sanctioned the expenditure through Dasuki. In other words, this was federal government decision, not merely Jonathan or Dasuki's. In other words, the money was NOT illegal. HOWEVER, I am angry that the money was not used judiciously to purchase the necessary arms to subdue boko haram. Although I UNDERSTAND the western governments refused to sell arms to the Jonathan administration. Just like they have refused to sell arms to Buhari administration, which means black market arms purchase. Inevitably, you will need to use cash to avoid western spies from monitoring the purchase and subsequent sanctions. The thing is that these things are rather very complex, yet simple minded people are arguing the matter in a simplistic manner, out of ignorance. Dasuki has defiantly stated that he will SEE the Fed in court next week. We will wait and see how the whole thing unfolds. The federal government is acting with impunity by arresting people Willy nilly. Dasuki, dalhatu, Kanu,etc. People are being picked off the street by DSS, EFCC, POLICE, etc. Then they are not charged. That is illegal by the government. It could be you tomorrow.
Nice one bro. Keep preaching it not for the sake of the people who dispute it but so that young minds are not brainwashed into fighting injustice through injustice.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by JaaizTech: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
callmenow:

Your argument is filled with a lot of assumptions in favour of Dasuki. No. 1 Dasuki has been charged to court, it is normal procedure to first arrest a suspect which Dasuki is. No. 2 FG is privileged to more info. on this matter than you & I. Lets agree they had to purchase these weapons thru black market, then they should be able to produce the money or the weapons regardless of the source of purchase. FG's case against Dasuki, Dokpesi etc is completely legitimate, it is up to Dasuki, Dokpesi etc to prove otherwise. We the citizens should not concern ourselves with the allegations of witch-hunting, as long as the concerned parties are guilty let them face the law. When the PDP assumes power in future, let them also probe Buhari & do their own witch-hunting.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
PassingShot:

You illiterates keep regurgitating the same line over and over as if whatever you're spewing is correct.

FYI, a part of the bail out money was meant to be shared by all federating states and the other part is a loan from CBN to be paid back at low interest. Please get enlightened.

The part to be shared by federating states you ve said was it shared by all the states? What are the modalities for sharing such monies? Was it followed? Is it constitutional?
You claim to be educated and quick to call others illeterats when in actual sense the reverse is the case
Please shut your trap if you don't know how to respond. Mr. ITK
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
callmenow:

h bro the question of where or not jnathan and his cabinet were wrong to spend unappropriated funds is a dusted issue. the FEc isn't the NASS also usually the minister of info briefed newsmen after each meeting and this was never made public knowledge

the west refuses to sell weapons to naija corruptim makes these weapons find their way to BH instead , also if that is your point then I ask what of the 1bn. NASS approved b4? as em no c who go sell them weapon where they spend that one

let's not kid ourselves Mrs NOI isn't a 3rd class /pass degree holder she's a seasoned brainiac with an intimidating. CV. yet under her watch various scandals has happened , this one the latest and she only professes innocence but is still yet to admit she failed in oversight functions that smacks of pride. she's too arrogant to admit she could have done more to safeguard our finances.

U talking abut dasuki and co being hounded by efcc , dss etc bro Google it and u willl see VIPs are usually quickly rounded up because they have the finance and connection to flee the country when they realise the jig is up
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by adisarasaq(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
EdCure:

The Buhari bail-out funds (which was a loan) was publicised, the amount known and the purpose understood.
Can the same be said about the Jonathan/Okonjo/Emefiele licentous withdrawals?

It was even approved by the legislators
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by dazdilijae(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
ibnjarir93:
Buhari only asked the CBN to perform its function as the "lender of last resort."Or don't you know that the bail-out fund was given as a loan?

Does the CBN have monies of its own to loan out? Who's monies where loaned out? What constitutional provisions does the president ve to order the CBN to do so?
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by mradjoy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
olabs201:
The four years of PMB will just be for probing,arrest and travelling i must tell you. If you continue to arrest all this people and you forget TINUBU. Nigeria is still playing hide and seek game of politics.
Oga bring forth ur evidence against Tinubu, so far, there are glaring evidences against those arrested but still innocent until proven otherwise by a law court.

Stop being emotional about issues like the one at hand presently, but be objective and logical as possible as you can ok?
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by ibnjarir93(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazdilijae:

Does the CBN have monies of its own to loan out? Who's monies where loaned out? What constitutional provisions does the president ve to order the CBN to do so?
CBN, like every other apex bank, generates its own money.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by ibnjarir93(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
dazdilijae:

CBN, like every other apex bank, generates its own money.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by adconline(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
How much have we recovered from GMB. Willful ignorant folks like don't understand how the law works. Most of the stolen funds are stashed in foreign banks and foreign banks and govts cannot seize and repatriate these funds without a court-sanctioned seizure and forfeiture order. Everywhere is not like Idi Anim republic like Naija
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by onome2013: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
She will face the law and all her international carrier becomes otherwise.
We all thought she is decent not knowing she is not.
I don't how they feel when they see Nigerians in the street begging
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by SailorXY: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by izyericson: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
It's wrong for PMB to order GEJ arrest,Let the law enforcement do their work,soon as they have enough evidence to prosecute GEJ,they will arrest him,we are just in hurry,it will surely get to him in the next few days

EFCC MUST ASK GEJ why he ordered DASUKI to pay DOKPESI

let's just be sure its not labelling and plots to tarnish.
Re: Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi by zeembab(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
NIGERIANS MUST STAND TOGETHER AGAINST TREASURY LOOTERS........ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

WE SHOULD NOT TRIBALIZE THIS ISSUE...EVERYONE INVOLVE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED.

THIS WILL SET A PRECEDENT.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zanele Sifuba Accuses Governor Douye Diri Of Leaking Her Sex Tape / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.