Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,770 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Uk Visa:new Points Based System - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa:new Points Based System (6714 Views)

Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Uk Visa Application Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa:new Points Based System by sexibabes: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2009
have u guys heard of this new points based visa system introduced in the uk
please shed more light on it if you know
also any one that has applied and got the visa should let us know
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by cvibe: 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2009
Means you must get some minimum points before you can apply for visa.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by suprted(m): 4:29am On Jun 08, 2009
think it only applies to residence permits (eg. student visas, work visas etc) and not tourist visas.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by justwise(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2009
sexibabes:

have u guys heard of this new points based visa system introduced in the uk
please shed more light on it if you know
also any one that has applied and got the visa should let us know

I have used it b4 for post-study work permit. u just have to score enough points to be given a visa. u are awarded point on: English language, Age (the younger the better), Qualification, Money in the bank, etc
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by samdams: 2:01am On Jun 11, 2009
Hello to Every one on here , I am just a new member i register cause i have my own side of the story on this Visa problem and i think i will get help on here , Here is my story and i will need help on this,
Sometime last year i applied for a Visiting Visa in the UK, I was denied cause i have insuficient funds in my account , So i lost interest in going there but now i have a great interest to study in the UK.Before the Points Based System was introduced I applied as a student , Which i know that i put the necassary documents required cause i made alot of reserch from the internet before going to submit , Then i was refused again this time the reason is that i didnt Show relationship between me and my sponsor cause my inlaw was the one sponsoring me,they also told me i didnt state that i was once a worker in a company which i applied last yr as a visitor , Then the last reason was i didnt put my Original WAEC CERTIFICATE,(I didnt put that cause i went to the waec office and they told me is not ready yet is after 3 yrs of finishing your secondary scholl before you will be able to get the Original certificate from them .) and i have paid for the whole 3 yrs fee and also paid 2 months of my accomodation fee, and they told me i have the right of appeal which i dont want to . So i gather all the docs they ask from me , I went to my working place to get a Notifacation letter addressed to the Embassy and also went to Waec office to explain to them and they gave me a Confirmation of Result to give the Embassy and l also get enough evidence to show that my sponsor is my inlaw .Then submit the application again , After about 1 month 2 weeks i was asked to come over to get my Application on getting there i was refused and this time here is the reason,
VISA LETTER 30 POINTS CLAIMED BUT THEY TOLD ME I DONT HAVE THAT .

In view of the fact that the letter you have submitted from South London College Does Not Contain the Mandatory information as specified in the guidiance you have not been awarded any points for the Visa Letter .You therefore do not meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 General Student and i refused your application under Paragraph 245zv b of the Immigration Rules

MAINTENANCE 10 POINTS CLAIMED BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT I DONT HAVE THAT WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND .

You have Claimed 10 Points for funds under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules and you state that you are being financially sponsored by your brother in law,Cary Wilger. How Ever as Tier 4 (General)Student you are required to show that you personally hold the required level of funds.The Documents you have Provided do not Demonstarte that you are personelly in Possession of the required levels of funds.I am therefore not Satified that you have achieved 10 points under the paragraphs 10 to 13 of Appendix C and meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General)Student) I therefore refused your application under Paragraph 245ZV (c)of the Immigration Rules.
I am tired and dont know what to do now .
I need an advice on this please , help me on this , i emailed my school and told them to change the date of my course to July .So do you all think i should on this, ?
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by kaymode(m): 8:14am On Jun 11, 2009
I will be grateful if all that have applied and gotten their UK student visa to share their experiences with the house.
@samdams
Did you read the Tier 4 Guidance before applying?cos if you did it states it clearly that the Funds you require has to be in your personal account for at least 28days before application should be made.That totally removes the issue of sponsor and sponsor letter(Correct me if I'm wrong).
On the issue of the Visa Letter from the School,i think you should contact the school to give you another Visa Letter with the correct Format.I assumed you got the visa letter Before march 31st.I got mine just last week.
get your sponsor to transfer the estimate you will require into your account for about 30days,then apply again with a new visa Letter.
@the experienced people in the House.
The new Tier 4 Rule states that you send the documents used to process the admission.In my case only my B.Sc. was used(And its what was states in my Visa Letter) and that is what i intend sending,DO I NEED TO ADD MY WAEC
Since i had 2 sittings i don't want it to spoil my chances.
Please i encourage all to share as people are bound to make mistakes.
LETS BE OUR BROTHERS KEEPER
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by T777: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2009
Please does anyone know abt applicatn of the new UK Tier 4 system, does it mean applicant would not be submiting his sponsor's document (such as bank statement and letter of sponsorship) again. i note applicant is required to have the money for tuition and living expenses naira equivalent in their personal bank account for at least 28 days. are we still going to support this with the uncle's (my sponsor) documents.  Is funkybaby there? Travelcare are there? can u guys please explain things to me.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by ytex82(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2009
just a little twist on the new point base system.please follow the link to get updated.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/pbs-new-forms-for-students?area=Whatsnewonthiswebsite
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by anuu01(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2009
kaymode:

I will be grateful if all that have applied and gotten their UK student visa to share their experiences with the house.
@samdams
Did you read the Tier 4 Guidance before applying?cos if you did it states it clearly that the Funds you require has to be in your personal account for at least 28days before application should be made.That totally removes the issue of sponsor and sponsor letter(Correct me if I'm wrong).
On the issue of the Visa Letter from the School,i think you should contact the school to give you another Visa Letter with the correct Format.I assumed you got the visa letter Before march 31st.I got mine just last week.
get your sponsor to transfer the estimate you will require into your account for about 30days,then apply again with a new visa Letter.
The new Tier 4 Rule states that you send the documents used to process the admission.In my case only my B.Sc. was used(And its what was states in my Visa Letter) and that is what i intend sending,DO I NEED TO ADD MY WAEC

@ Kaymode, do you have any idea whats the deal is with this visa stuff, i wanna apply but i am too confused on what one needs
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by ytex82(m): 11:42am On Jun 23, 2009
just a little twist on the new point base system.please follow the link to get updated.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/pbs-new-forms-for-students?area=Whatsnewonthiswebsite
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by arthuryemi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
hello house has anyone applied racently and gotten the student visa ,pls share your experience
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by Profkenny1(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2009
@kaymode, you only need your BSc certificate since it is the level of qualification shown under "Previous Qualification(s) Used for Admission Purposes" in your visa letter.
Are you also to get the ATAS certificate?
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by ogahimself(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2009
kaymode:

in my experience its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, when applying you need to put in all necessary documents to convince them, put yourself in their shoes would you be convinced if a 9ja guy showed u jus a BSc cert?? in my opinion you should include all the documentation you have - your BSc cert, WAEC, admission letter into the uni you graduated from, old course registration forms and school ids so that it would be beyond any reasonable doubt to anyone who comes across your documentation.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by peter2010(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
Hello NL, i need urgent solution to this uk visa problem plZ.
My uncle came to nigeria this year january with the hope of getting entry clearance for his work permit which he had got in d uk before the scrapping. He was initially residing in uk on working holiday maker visa which expired in february this year. He applied for the entry clearance but to his surprise he was refused due to the reason dat they contacted the employer but he was unable to confirm the employment which the employer said it wasnt true that he only told them to call him back as he was busy then. He contacted a lawyer in uk nd they made another application addressing d issue with a new letter from d employer but it was also refused based on d previous reason dat they are not satisfy if d business is genuine after this the lawyer submitted documents for reconsideration to the embassy lagos but it was also denied with these it has been 3 attempts towards the application.
The case was now sent to the home office itself in uk because the lawyer advise not to appeal cuz of th time taken, he said they av no choice than to approve it cuz the work permit is genuine which is truly genuine. But the lawyer later contacted my uncle that ukba staff went to the business office nd thy cudnt see anybody to discuss d issue wit, dat d case av become complicated now.

My uncle needs ur advise now cuz he doesnt how to go about it now. Shud he make fresh application or different application cuz it seems there is no hope on the previous application anymore. What are his chances now? Please your candid advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by omotifire(m): 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2009
I'm really happy to be joining the house considering the amount of information one can get.
Pls i need ur help. I have an unconditional letter of acceptance form and a certificate of acceptance for postgraduate study from a university in Uk. I need to apply by end of august since the school resumes by 21st of september. The tuition fee is 13490gbp and i intend to pay about 4000gbp before applying for visa. The problem i'm have is the new point system. Based on the condition given in it, my uncle who is suppose to be my sponsor paid 5million naira into the account ( although i just opened the account last 2weeks since a friend told me i should use a current account which i didn't have then.). I'm still processing my accomodation. Now what i need to know is my chances when i apply and what i need to do more to make my visa application successfull.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by Vicjustice: 12:32am On Aug 01, 2009
peter2010:

Hello NL, i need urgent solution to this uk visa problem plZ.
My uncle came to nigeria this year january with the hope of getting entry clearance for his work permit which he had got in d uk before the scrapping. He was initially residing in uk on working holiday maker visa which expired in february this year. He applied for the entry clearance but to his surprise he was refused due to the reason dat they contacted the employer but he was unable to confirm the employment which the employer said it wasnt true that he only told them to call him back as he was busy then. He contacted a lawyer in uk nd they made another application addressing d issue with a new letter from d employer but it was also refused based on d previous reason dat they are not satisfy if d business is genuine after this the lawyer submitted documents for reconsideration to the embassy lagos but it was also denied with these it has been 3 attempts towards the application.
The case was now sent to the home office itself in uk because the lawyer advise not to appeal cuz of th time taken, he said they av no choice than to approve it cuz the work permit is genuine which is truly genuine. Bu.t the lawyer later contacted my uncle that ukba staff went to the business office nd thy cudnt see anybody to discuss d issue wit, dat d case av become complicated now.

My uncle needs ur advise now cuz he doesnt how to go about it now. Shud he make fresh application or different application cuz it seems there is no hope on the previous application anymore. What are his chances now? Please your candid advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Honestly, i don't seem to understand some input here, especially about the employer denying any existing employment with your uncle, or was/is no paper-work involved regarding his employment?
Whatever, however, i don't advice your uncle to make a fresh visa application (especially one of a different nature or category) because, it will seem to the ECO that he is desperate to enter the UK by any means, and this will jeopardise the purpose of which he may be genuinely applying for the visa.
Your uncle has to pursue this course except if there is no way he can verify his claim regarding the questionable employment.
It would be helpful if you could present the exact words in the refusal letter so that the situation will be more comprehensive as it should be: remember to edit the personal information that are deemed private
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by K3769: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
see dnt mind those UKvisa people jare they always just look for stupid excuses
the best way to go about it, is stated on thier website however if u dnt have funds i.e Maintenance funds cos i am using my uncle
company account and he privately owns it, i have paid my school fees , submitted an adequate ammount of maintenace funds
they asked for, yet they said the company is not an international company, wherever it does not state that in their immigration
rules and law,
like in my case they mite refuse you entry clearance based on that cheap excuse

I scored 30pts in the student visa letter section
but 0 pts in the Maintenance fund section
so my advise to anyone out there is that if u want to apply please make sure you have the money
personally in your possession meaning your account

then u have a good chance

Cheers!!!!!
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by K3769: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
wish every1 luck sha!!!
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by dimeo: 1:06am On Aug 13, 2009
hello all, omo na wa for this brits oh, lol, i'm currently waiting for my maintenance fee to mature to 28 days. i'm looking for anybody dat has been granted visa to study at uni aberdeen so i go know how far, my visa letter stated the ffg:

1 evidence of academic standing
, i presume that's my school cert
2 english language qual, exempt, which means i dnt need to show dem my waec cert
3 referee's letter, not provided to student,sent to the school by referees on confidential basis, which means i dont need to provide them with that

but i still have this itchiness to provide my waec cert, hope this wont affect my application process??

and the money in the acc is 10000 usd which is 6000gbp, hope it isnt insufficient
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by justwise(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2009
dimeo:

hello all, omo na wa for this brits oh, lol, i'm currently waiting for my maintenance fee to mature to 28 days. i'm looking for anybody dat has been granted visa to study at uni aberdeen so i go know how far, my visa letter stated the ffg:

2 english language qual, exempt, which means i dnt need to show dem my waec cert
3 referee's letter, not provided to student,sent to the school by referees on confidential basis, which means i dont need to provide them with that
but i still have this itchiness to provide my waec cert, hope this wont affect my application process??
and the money in the acc is 10000 usd which is 6000gbp, hope it isnt insufficient
£6000 is enough since is outside london(after paying ur fees) Do not submit more materials than they requested cos u will be wasting ur time.
If u go to http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/. check what the requirements are, or do the point base calculation there, it will give u an idea whether u will be given a visa or not. its easy to do.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by funkybaby(f): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2009
dimeo:

not including your original waec certificate will result in an outright visa refusal

the new rule states that you must include with your application all documents used in procuring the visa letter and this includes your waec certificate, degree certificate/transcripts.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by Lilboots(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
Student Dependant Visa ( with the new rules)
« #1880 on: Today at 12:37:03 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,
I intend joining my wife in the UK as she currently studying an undergraduate course in one of the Universities outside London. She willl be in her 2nd yr this Oct (of a 3yr course). I was wondering what documents to include as there are conflicting messages from the UKBA website and the BHC website. She would be sponsoring me (as in she has all the money for our expenses i.e £7,200 x 2 for living expenses plus her school fees). She has got almost £26,000 in her account showing money coming in and going out.
The question is I do not have much money in my personal account. One of the websites states that my wife (being the student) needs to show proof that she can take care of her dependants as well as herself. If that's the case then I am fine. Another website states that the dependants need to show proof that they can take care of themselves. Does it mean me showing my personal account as evidence or would using my wife's account be enough.
I was just wondering if there are members in the house who can advice me on what to do or if there has been anyone who has applied for student dependent visa with the new visa.
Cheers
Lilboots
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by justwise(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Lilboots

The money in your wife's account is well enough but please let her make sure that she is not working more than 20hrs a wk during school term,
They would want to know how the money come into her account, working more than 20hrs a wk is the first thought.

It will indicate in her bank statement, when the money came in and from where, or even her payslip if she works here.

Yes she can act as your sponsor and "26.000 is enough to prove that both of u will not depend on the state, just make sure that the source of the income is clear.

Good luck
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by carnal: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2009
@lilboots,pls present both your account and that of your wife.i was in same situation and that was exactly what i did, i had less than a million naira why my wife's account had over 15k pounds.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by Lilboots(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
@Justwise- Thanx for the advice. She is wary of the 20 hours rule during school term. Obviously, she has a part-time job and schools as well. She doesn't work during school term apart from the odd hours here and there.

@Carnal -Thanx for replying. I think I would do that though I dont have much in my account ( abt N80K). I just wanted to be clear if the onus lies on her to prove that she can maintain me and not me proving that I can maintain myself cos' clearly I cannot do that with the funds in my account. I just wanted to be sure cos of these new laws that is applicable now.

Cheers
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by dimeo: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
@justwise and funky baby, thanks a bunch, una too gbasky, i'll send my school certificate,my discharge cert nd my school id card just to be extra sure, but i jus came across a worrying info on my visa letter, under documents used to obtain offer, my evidence of academic standing states that it was achieved in 2009 but my certificate states 2008.
Q, will these have a detrimental effect on my application or will it be overlooked by the embassy?
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
dimeo:

@justwise and funky baby, thanks a bunch, una too gbasky, i'll send my school certificate,my discharge cert nd my school id card just to be extra sure, but i jus came across a worrying info on my visa letter, under documents used to obtain offer, my evidence of academic standing states that it was achieved in 2009 but my certificate states 2008.
Q, will these have a detrimental effect on my application or will it be overlooked by the embassy?

dimeo, its all good.
About the mistake u noticed in ur qualification, point it out to the embassy that it was a mistake from the school, don't let them notice it first, if u stil have time, get a letter from ur school that will explain that to the embassy then attach the letter to ur application.

I had smilar problem during my visa application, my name was mis-spelled by my school then, i went back and got a letter from them explaining the mistake, i still got the letter till today.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by blazingx1: 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
Seen all ur views on the new point based there's nothing to be scared about its only making it easy for us ok no worries all u need is

1 Visa Letter from ur school who is ur new sponsor
2 WACE certficate
3 NYSC discharge letter
4 Personal Bank Statement and reference letter from bank with bank logo in ur name with ur maintenance fund in there
5 international Passport ECOWAS
6 One Photograph
7 transcript and ststement of result

ur wace if u passed English will stand as ur proof of English

28 days not applicable till 1 October, i have just submitted my application and i know after 10-15 ill get it

dont add too much stuff it will always anger ur clearance officer
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by tjadeba(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear all,due to the loss of my original WAEC cert, I applied to the school with a photocopy of WAEC certificate/Internet print out of of WAEC result using the WAEC scratch card, because that's what they asked for the admission. I am applying next week with a confirmation of the result sent directly to the BHC by WAEC and also the sworn affidavit from the high court and also a police report for it.What else do you advise because i dont want to penalised for not producing an original certificate.
Thanks and an urgent reply is needed.
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by EAsY6: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hello all, like they say on the USA version of this thread, let switch to celebration mode. I got my Tier 4 today grin after 10 nerve racking days! lol. I must confess your posts helped ,but all thanks to GOD. Prayer is the KEY and after God it's MONEY, £$ I wish I had found this site 3 years ago but it's never too late! hehe For all those waiting for theirs, Best of LUCK kiss and pray HARD! wink
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
£a$y:

Hello all, like they say on the USA version of this thread, let switch to celebration mode. I got my Tier 4 today grin after 10 nerve racking days! lol. I must confess your posts helped ,but all thanks to GOD. Prayer is the KEY and after God it's MONEY, £$ I wish I had found this site 3 years ago but it's never too late! hehe For all those waiting for theirs, Best of LUCK kiss and pray HARD! wink

Congrat, i'm happy for u. which city in the uk are u coming to?
Re: Uk Visa:new Points Based System by EAsY6: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2009
I'm off too WALES!!! Swansea to be precise!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In The Dominican Republic? / Nigerians In Saint Kitts And Nevis / Amb. McCulley Moves To Fast Track Issuing US Visas To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.