Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out (53293 Views)

Mtn Stops Data Rollover Without Prior Notification / How To Prevent MTN From Touching Your Credit After Exhausting Your Data / Mtn Stops Xtracool As Directed By Ncc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by faithchubby93(f): 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
So these MTN people have been using my missing credit for freee browsing... they keep deducting #50 from my call card anytime I have credit on my phone! Useless network
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Thelmerh(f): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

The effect of $5 Billion grin grin grin grin

This is the change that we seek.
d code to keep browsing after data exhaustion is to send RESET to 131

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by ibrokola(m): 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
MathsChic:

NCC recently warned(?) MTN, GLO and other networks about deducting customer balance after data subscription comes to an end. According to NCC, only Etisalat was compliant. They informed them that if the same thing persisted, they'd institute another fine. I guess they all are compliant now.

This was an easy thing all networks could have done. Instead they took the shorter route which not only saved them the necessary work, but enriched them unjustly when data subscription runs to zero.
What are you talking about? Etisalat deducted my N322 last week because my data exhausted while I slept off.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by debedebe(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
same happens to me,even up till this moment of filling this messages...

MTN bad market...
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Ego2(f): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Mine is they should stop Der automatic renewal on data. Cos I'm nt finding it funny anymore, 500# gone for nothing been calling Der customer care nos n dey keep giving silly excuses tym to switch to another network.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by cruzita(f): 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
allytinted:
AIRTEL Nigeria has just introduced weekend data bundle capped at 1024mb (1gb) for just #100 only.. Dial *474*1# to activate! Dial *140# to check data. It can be use only on weekends (Friday – Sunday). You can now download whatever you want to download and stream online. not all airtel sims though
thanks bro
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by sirwilly1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:
Has anyone noticed that MTN no longer deducts your money whenever you exhaust your data??

I was surprised when my browsing came to a halt when I was surfing the web the other day. Though, I was aware I have a limited data but my thought was whenever I finish using all my data the balance on my MTN line should keep me going. So, when the surfing was halt the first thing I did was to check my balance to know either if I should summarize some curses on MTN but to my greatest surprise my credit was still intact. Only GLO usually does that. Though I still don`t know the sms key and the shortcode one can use in other to continue browsing. The shortcode for GLO one is to sms PAYGO to 777 and the surfing continue.

NOTE: if you are a member of 15mb family just dial *406*5# to subscribe for MTN #5 for 5mb daily.

Pls, how do you check your data balance? And how do you opt out the N5 daily service?
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
SailorXY:

Hmmm
How do you browse with 5mb
One Yoruba proverb says
"As small as rat`s hands be, nah so e dey take am wipe face"

Nah Java phone I dey use and e no dey consume data 2much grin

If u have any unused android, ahbeg no forget me o grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
sirwilly1:

Pls, how do you check your data balance? And how do you opt out the N5 daily service?

U can`t check the balance but u can opt in with *406*5# and opt out with *406*4#

Cheers.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
harsysky:

Maybe, just maybe the airtym left on your phone isn't upto 500 and above. MTN don't want small , small money now , cos they've gat debt to pay.

I use MTN , but I don't trust them for one bit. Not after they swallowed my 800 naira airtym...

Lols, my balance r nt usually up to #100 but am sure they are no longer deducting money once ur data is finish.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
Joshkid:
You mean the #5 for 5mb is bck??

E never left oooo, dem use wayoo for our head by changing the code. *406*4# to opt out and *406*5# to opt in

Cheers.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
cyberguy72:
idiot! pls dnt let MTN change their mind wot nonsense CHANGE
So anything that has to do with change is politics with you If I see u collecting change after buying #100 thing from #1000 nah den I go nack ur head.

grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
Djboosting:

What is the opt out/ opt in code?

*406*4#
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Cuteamigo1:

guy does this #5 for 5mb still works? I thought they halted it a long time ago.

Them wayo use by changing the code, am 100% sure its working *406*4# to opt out and *406*5# to opt in.

Cheers.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
surugede:

I don't know what you are saying ooo. On the 6th of this month they zapped my 5k worth of credit under same guise, see picture . So when did they stop it ?

U can brows with cofidence now brother am 100% sure they wont deduct it. Try it with #100 balance.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
gretblue:

You take style love ❤ awoof.

Brotherman, who no like awoof?

gringrin

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

As in ehn, me sef dey wonder ooooooo. These days wey person go open page like 15MB don go, people still dey sub 5MB? Hmmm
One Yoruba proverb says
Nah Java phone I dey use and e no dey consume data 2much
If u have any unused android, ahbeg no forget me o, me 2 wan join u guys soon. grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

People wey dey fall for that push or flash messages well well na people wey no dey lock their phone. E dey pain die! cheesy

I mistakenly do it once, o boy come see as I dey swear for their customer service rep. on phone. gringrin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by SailorXY: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

One Yoruba proverb says

Nah Java phone I dey use and e no dey consume data 2much grin

If u have any unused android, ahbeg no forget me o grin
grin grin grin it's all good bro. God go do am for us all.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=DrGill post=41002291][/quote]

Yes, *406*4# to opt out and *406*5# to opt in.

Cheers
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
SailorXY:

grin grin grin it's all good bro. God go do am for us all.

Amen, thanks.

In Airforce1`s voice

Joining u guys soon grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

I mistakenly do it once, o boy come see as I dey swear for their customer service rep. on phone. gringrin
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. So you don enter that one-chance? cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by dmcdad: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

One Yoruba proverb says
If u have any unused android, ahbeg no forget me o, me 2 wan join u guys soon. grin

Funny you. This your proverb no be here oooooo.cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
Awoofawo:
dem stil chop my 200 naira pere dis morning just cos I check nairaland frontpage to find something worthy to comment on! Seun must compensate me for the lost! cool On serious note, still can't understand the unnecessary deduction from mtn line and the scam that I subscribed to phony daily tips or news that is eating my credit, anyone know how to unsubscribe from all the yeye mtn wayo! Don jelejele go re-regist my airtel today! Go dey use mtn on pc to collect all illegal deduction back! cool

Lols @the bolded part. grin
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by bobojoshua(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by bobojoshua(m): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Canme4u:

Yes, *406*4# to opt out and *406*5# to opt in.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
soochukwu:
Your observation is correct,my data exhausted yet the small balance i had still remained.

Thanks for the acknoledgment man, I really appriciate it.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Bros no vex oooooo. Wetin 10MB wan reach you do?shocked

Lols grin

One Yoruba proverb says
If u have any unused android, ahbeg no forget me o
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lizabeth25:
The 15mb code is only limited to MTN Pulse customers undecided

Yes mam, thanks for pointing it out for those who doesn`t know it.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2015
oramaster:
Good one. Its always nice to catch these networks sometimes most especially MTN. It just makes you feel like a hero for millions of naija ppl they have defrauded. I for one dont like to subscribe to any of their offers because MTN NEVER BLESSES YOU WITHOUT ADDING SORROW. Bible students who else that you know that does this? DEV...... lipsrsealed. I ones told this to a customer service guy one time, the guy one laff die grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

gringrincheesy cheesycheesygrincheesygrincheesy
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2015
just2endowed:

I have fallen victim of this trick many times. Someone should pls post how to unsubcribed from this fraudulent sms

Someone said u should text STOP ALL to 131 while another person sugest that you should call customer care and ask them to refresh your line.
Re: MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out by Canme4u(m): 12:27am On Dec 15, 2015
dmcdad:

Funny you. This your proverb no be here oooooo.cheesy

Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MTN Introduces 17-digit MTN Recharge PIN / Why You Are Unable To Recharge Your MTN Line Across Bank Channels / Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.