Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ (2370 Views)

Fifty Proofs That JESUS Is Not The Christ. / Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2015
I'd like share a message from the InterNET by David Williams, Computer Systems Manager, for the Mathematics Faculty, at the University of Newcastle.
I think you'll find this edifying. Now remember, David Williams is a mathematician. In this post he's responding to a Jewish user from Melbourne. His subject is: Jesus and Prophecy. Here's what he says:-
"In a recent followup to a posting by Leslie Brown I said I'd make a post detailing the probability of Jesus fulfilling Old Testament prophecy by chance. Here it is!
The reason why prophecy is an indication of the divine authorship of the Scriptures, and hence a testimony to the trustworthiness of the Message of the Scriptures, is because of the minute probability of fulfillment.
Anyone can make predictions. Having those prophecies fulfilled is vastly different. In fact, the more statements made about the future, and the more the detail, then the less likely the precise fulfillment will be.
For example, what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.
Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ.
If one were to conceive 50 specific prophecies about a person in the future, whom one would never meet, just what's the likelihood that this person will fulfill all 50 of the predictions? How much less would this likelihood be if 25 of these predictions were about what other people would do to him, and were completely beyond his control?
For example, how does someone "arrange" to be born in a specific family?
How does one "arrange" to be born in a specified city, in which their parents don't actually live? How does one "arrange" their own death - and specifically by crucifixion, with two others, and then "arrange" to have their executioners gamble for His clothing (John 16:19; Psalms 22:18)? How does one "arrange" to be betrayed in advance? How does one "arrange" to have the executioners carry out the regular practice of breaking the legs of the two victims on either side, but not their own? Finally, how does one "arrange" to be God? How does one escape from a grave and appear to people after having been killed?
Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies.
John Ankerberg relates the true story of how governments use prearranged identification signs to identify correct agents:
David Greenglass was a World War II traitor. He gave atomic secrets to the Russians and then fled to Mexico after the war. His conspirators arranged to help him by planning a meeting with the secretary of the Russian ambassador in Mexico City. Proper identification for both parties became vital. Greenglass was to identify himself with six prearranged signs. These instructions had been given to both the secretary and Greenglass so there would be no possibility of making a mistake. They were: (1) once in Mexico City, Greenglass was to write a note to the secretary, signing his name as "I. JACKSON"; (2) after three days he was to go to the Plaza de Colon in Mexico City and (3) stand before the statue of Columbus, (4) with his middle finger placed in a guide book. In addition, (5) when he was approached, he was to say it was a magnificent statue and that he was from Oklahoma. (6) The secretary was to then give him a passport.
These six prearranged signs worked. Why? With six identifying characteristics it was impossible for the secretary not to identify Greenglass as the proper contact (John Ankerberg, John Weldon and Walter Kaiser, "The Case for Jesus The Messiah", Melbourne: Pacific College Study Series, 1994, 17-18).
How true, then, it must be that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, if he had 456 identifying characteristics well in advance, and fulfilled them all! In fact, what does the science of probability make of this?
The science of probability attempts to determine the chance that a given event will occur. The value and accuracy of the science of probability has been well established beyond doubt - for example, insurance rates are fixed according to statistical probabilities.
Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah. The estimates were worked out by twelve different classes representing some 600 university students.
The students carefully weighed all the factors, discussed each prophecy at length, and examined the various circumstances which might indicate that men had conspired together to fulfill a particular prophecy. They made their estimates conservative enough so that there was finally unanimous agreement even among the most skeptical students.
However Professor Stoner then took their estimates, and made them even more conservative. He also encouraged other skeptics or scientists to make their own estimates to see if his conclusions were more than fair. Finally, he submitted his figures for review to a committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks, Chicago: Moody Press, 1969, 4).
For example, concerning Micah 5:2, where it states the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem Ephrathah, Stoner and his students determined the average population of BETHLEHEM from the time of Micah to the present; then they divided it by the average population of the earth during the same period.
They concluded that the chance of one man being born in Bethlehem was one in 300,000, (or one in 2.8 x 10^5 - rounded),
After examining only eight different prophecies (Idem, 106), they conservatively estimated that the chance of one man fulfilling all eight prophecies was one in 10^17.
To illustrate how large the number 10^17 IS (a figure with 17 zeros), Stoner gave this illustration :
If you mark one of ten tickets, and place all the tickets in a hat, and thoroughly stir them, and then ask a blindfolded man to draw one, his chance of getting the right ticket is one in ten. Suppose that we take 10^17 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They'll cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would've had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote them in their own wisdom (Idem, 106-107).
In financial terms, is there anyone who would not invest in a financial venture if the chance of failure were only one in 10^17? This is the kind of sure investment we're offered by god for faith in His Messiah.
From these figures, Professor Stoner, concludes the fulfillment of these eight prophecies alone proves that God inspired the writing of the prophecies (Idem, 107) - the likelihood of mere chance is only one in 10^17!
Another way of saying this is that any person who minimizes or ignores the significance of the biblical identifying signs concerning the Messiah would be foolish.
But, of course, there are many more than eight prophecies. In another calculation, Stoner used 48 prophecies (Idem, 109) (even though he could have used Edersheim's 456), and arrived at the extremely conservative estimate that the probability of 48 prophecies being fulfilled in one person is the incredible number 10^157. In fact, if anybody can find someone, living or dead, other than Jesus, who can fulfill only half of the predictions concerning the Messiah given in the book "Messiah in Both Testaments" by Fred J. Meldau, the Christian Victory Publishing Company is ready to give a ONE thousand dollar reward! As apologist Josh McDowell says, "There are a lot of men in the universities that could use some extra cash!" (Josh McDowell, Evidence that Demands a Verdict, California: Campus Crusade for Christ, 175).
How large is the number one in 10^157? 10^157 contains 157 zeros! Stoner gives an illustration of this number using electrons. Electrons are very small objects. They're smaller than atoms. It would take 2.5 TIMES 10^15 of them, laid side by side, to make one inch. Even if we counted 250 of these electrons each minute, and counted day and night, it would still take 19 million years just to count a line of electrons one-inch long (Stoner, op. cit, 109).
With this introduction, let's go back to our chance of one in 10^157. Let's suppose that we're taking this number of electrons, marking one, and thoroughly stirring it into the whole mass, then blindfolding a man and letting him try to find the right one. What chance has he of finding the right one? What kind of a pile will this number of electrons make? They make an inconceivably large volume.
This is the result from considering a mere 48 prophecies. Obviously, the probability that 456 prophecies would be fulfilled in one man by chance is vastly smaller. According to Emile Borel, once one goes past one chance in 10^50, the probabilities are so small that it is impossible to think that they will ever occur (Ankerberg et. al., op. cit., 21).
As Stoner concludes, 'Any man who rejects Christ as the Son of God is rejecting a fact, proved perhaps more absolutely than any other fact in the world (Stoner, op. cit., 112).'
God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ that even mathematicians and statisticians, who were without faith, had to acknowledge that it is scientifically impossible to deny that Jesus is the Christ. our thanks to David Williams, a mathematician who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2015
There they go again!

1 Like

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 10:33am On Dec 13, 2015
gabinogem:
There they go again!

Read first. Then conclude.

Are you not an atheist? Atheists are scientific.

Oya read then conclude/infer
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Damy0r(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

Have you concluded?
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 10:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Damy0r:

Have you concluded?

Jesus is the real deal
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

why should I waste my time on gibberish? Say something meaningful & I will respond accordingly... BTW, I'm not an atheist.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 11:19am On Dec 13, 2015
gabinogem:
why should I waste my time on gibberish? Say something meaningful & I will respond accordingly... BTW, I'm not an atheist.

what are you then.?
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2015
Oh noooooooo, not again.

Teempakguy, Mathematics is your forte. Oya come over!!!!gringrin
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

what are you then.?
I'm naturalistic.

1 Like

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by tartar9(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
yet the Jews who own the Torah have always rejected him.stop deceiving yourselves,he may be the messiah but many of those so-called 'prophecies' are outrightly false.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Richirich713: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
tartar9:
yet the Jews who own the Torah have always rejected him.stop deceiving yourselves,he may be the messiah but many of those so-called 'prophecies' are outrightly false.

Why listen to the Jews who rejected him as messiah?

Matthew, Peter, John and James were Jewish. They all believed the Old Testament contains prophecies of jesus, aren't they much more important than those Jews who rejected jesus.

Ps jesus himself pointed to Old Testament passages as prophecies of him.

1 Like

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
gabinogem:
I'm naturalistic.
natural sciences? that's atheism.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
tartar9:

They killed Jesus for blasphemy.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

natural sciences? that's atheism.
sshhhhh don't say what you don't know. Desist from ignorance... go and look up the word "naturalism", then I believe u will garner a little knowledge, bcus I really don't have the strength to start schooling online babies. Stay enlightened & have a wonderful day.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
gabinogem:
sshhhhh don't say what you don't know. Desist from ignorance... go and look up the word "naturalism", then I believe u will garner a little knowledge, bcus I really don't have the strength to start schooling online babies. Stay enlightened & have a wonderful day.

Mr professor. U don't have to be behaving like you know it all. You are just trying to derail. Read and conclude. If you can't read gtfo of the thread and don't spew ur naturalistic trash here.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

Mr professor. U don't have to be behaving like you know it all. You are just trying to derail. Read and conclude. If you can't read gtfo of the thread and don't spew ur naturalistic trash here.
Mr extremist, I've said my piece, so I don't give a f*** how u interpret it cuz that's strictly ur headache. tongue
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 6:05am On Dec 14, 2015
gabinogem:
Mr extremist, I've said my piece, so I don't give a f*** how u interpret it cuz that's strictly ur headache. tongue

No point in refusing to read and then commenting. No point. No point at all. If you read, then u can counter and correct people on their views. Its a simple scientific way of doing things
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 6:49am On Dec 14, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

No point in refusing to read and then commenting. No point. No point at all. If you read, then u can counter and correct people on their views. Its a simple scientific way of doing things
lolz... I've read what I want to read about it & I've made my conclusion accordingly. I don't know why u are beating urself up over my simple statement I made initially.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2015
gabinogem:
gabinogem:
lolz... I've read what I want to read about it & I've made my conclusion accordingly. I don't know why u are beating urself up over my simple statement I made initially.

You said it yourself. Why should you waste your time on gibberish. You didn't read and you found it necessary to comment. Later you said I've read... Contradictions.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by urahara(m): 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Prophecy fulfilment
All this took place that it might be fulfilled which the Lord had spoken through the prophet,

23 Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel—which, when translated, means, God with us.

Now let us here what the Prophet has say for himself

7 In the days of Ahaz son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, Rezin the king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel went up to Jerusalem to wage war against it, but they could not conquer it.

2 And the house of David [Judah] was told, Syria is allied with Ephraim [Israel]. And the heart [of Ahaz] and the hearts of his people trembled and shook, as the trees of the forest tremble andshake with the wind.

3 Then said the Lord to Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Judah’s KingAhaz, you and your son Shear-jashub [a remnant shall return], at the end of the aqueduct orcanal of the Upper Pool on the highway to the Fuller’s Field;

4 And say to him, Take heed and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted because of these two stumps of smoking firebrands—at the fierce anger of [the Syrian King] Rezin and Syria and of the son of Remaliah [Pekah, usurper of the throne of Israel].

5 Because Syria, Ephraim [Israel], and the son of Remaliah have purposed evil against you [Judah], saying,

6 Let us go up against Judah and harass and terrify it; and let us cleave it asunder [each of us taking a portion], and set a [vassal] king in the midst of it, namely the son of Tabeel,

7 Thus says the Lord God: It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

8 For the head [the capital] of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is [King] Rezin. Within sixty-five years Ephraim will be broken to pieces so that it will no longer be a people.

9 And the head (the capital) of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah’s son [Pekah]. If you will not believeand trust and rely [on God and on the words of God’s prophet instead of Assyria], surely you will not be established nor will you remain.

10 Moreover, the Lord spoke again to King Ahaz, saying,

11 Ask for yourself a sign (a token or proof) of the Lord your God [one that will convince you that God has spoken and will keep His word]; ask it either in the depth below or in the height above [let it be as deep as Sheol or as high as heaven].

12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.

13 And [Isaiah] said, Hear then, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary and try the patience of men, but will you weary and try the patience of my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman who is unmarriedand a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [God with us].

15 Butter and curds and wild honey shall he eat when he knows [enough] to refuse the evil and choose the good.

16 For before the child shall know [enough] to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land [Canaan] whose two kings you abhor and of whom you are in sickening dread shall be forsaken [both Ephraim and Syria].

17 The Lord shall bring upon you and upon your people and upon your father’s house such days as have not come since the day that Ephraim [the ten northern tribes] departed from Judah—even the king of Assyria.

18 And in that day the Lord shall whistle for the fly [the numerous and troublesome foe] that is in the whole extent of the canal country of Egypt and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

19 And these [enemies like flies and bees] shall come and shall rest all of them in the desolateand rugged valleys and deep ravines and in the clefts of the rocks, and on all the thornbushes and on all the pastures.

20 In the same day [will the people of Judah be utterly stripped of belongings], the Lord will shave with the razor that is hired from the parts beyond the River [Euphrates]—even with the king of Assyria—[that razor will shave] the head and the hair of the legs, and it shall also consume the beard [leaving Judah with open shame and scorn].

21 And [because of the desolation brought on by the invaders] in that day, a man will [be so poor that he will] keep alive only a young milk cow and two sheep.

22 And because of the abundance of milk that they will give, he will eat butter and curds, for [only] butter and curds and [wild] honey [no vegetables] shall everyone eat who is left in the land [these products provided from the extensive pastures and the plentiful wild flowers upon which the bees depend].

23 And in that day, in every place where there used to be a thousand vines worth a thousand silver shekels, there will be briers and thorns.

24 With arrows and with bows shall a man come [to hunt] there, because all the land will be briers and thorns.

25 And as for all the hills that were formerly cultivated with mattock and hoe, you will not go there for fear of briers and thorns; but they will become a place where oxen are let loose to pasture and where sheep tread.

the Prophet and the king ahaz lived 600 years before e birth of Jesus. Dont you thin i
“ Therefore Yahweh Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the
virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call his
name IMMANUEL. ” ISAIAH 7:13-14KJV
Now if we were to merely read this one verse by itself it
would seem as if this verse justifies the claims that there is
a prophecy of a miraculous verse right? I mean it does say
that God was given a sign that a“virgin” was going to have a
child. However here is something the Christians theologian
hope that you and I will never do and that is to, Read all of
the verses! You cannot skip over thirteen other verses as if
they don’t exist and accept just the one that fits your
theology.To understand verse 14, we need to see what was
happening in all of the other verses that have lead up to it.
In the original context, Judah and Israel were two separate
nations. God chose David as His first-born son (Psalms 89)
and as King of Judah. Years later after David’s death, King
Resin of Syria and King Pekah of Israel decided to join
forces and attempt to destroy Judah without God’s
permission. Even though Judah’s King(Ahaz) openly
disobeyed God’s covenant, God refused to let these two
nations destroy David’s house. In verses 5 thru 7, God then
sends Isaiah to King Ahaz to alert him of the plans of these
two other nations. Isaiah assures King Ahaz that his house
would survive as long as he would trust God’s word. Hoping
that Ahaz would put his trust in God, Isaiah gave him a
“prophetic” timeline for his enemies’ destruction!
PROPHECY:
“For the head of SYRIA is Damascus, and the head of
Damascus is Rezin: and within THREESCORE AND FIVE
YEARS shall EPHRAIM be broken, that it be not a
people.” ISAIAH 7:5-9
So God lets King Ahaz know that if he puts his faith in God,
his enemies have no chance of defeating him. God says that
since Ephraim has committed a host of sinful acts, then
they too will also be conquered and cease to be a nation!
God gives Ahaz the assurance that their complete downfall
shall happen within a 65-year span! That’s right people this
prophetic event had an exact time frame as to when all of
these events were to occur! Let’s stop for a second,because
I have to ask you:
“Does any of this sound like a prophecy of Jesus yet?”
I’m sure your answer is the same as mine, “NO!” Let’s
continue…
King Ahaz hears the words of Isaiah but he is not convinced
that God alone can save him. Agitated at Ahaz’ lack of faith
in God’s word, Isaiah then tells Ahaz to ask God for a
specific sign. Ahaz refuses to ask for a sign.Guess what?
God decides to give Ahaz a sign anyway! Ahaz receives a
prophetic sign from God!
“ Therefore Yahweh Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the
(Virgin) shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call his
name IMMANUEL.” ISAIAH 7:14KJV
As you can see we have now arrived at the infamous verse
14. So as you read this verse in context you can see that it
was given specifically for King Ahaz. There is nothing in
context before or after verse 14 that could make anyone
believe that this prophecy was about Jesus or any other
futuristic Messiah. Don’t you remember just five verses
earlier in ISAIAH 7:5-9 when God said this would all happen
within a 65 year time frame? Then how do they expect us to
believe this verse could be about Jesus? You have seen the
verses and the theologians are terrified that you will
exercise your God given spirit to think on your own!
Now that we have discovered the truth some of you may
ask:
“How did we come to believe this was a prophecy of Jesus
in the first place?”
Most of us were never taught to read the entire verses in
context for a true understanding. The Satanic mistranslation
of(ONE) word by the false writers of the
(Greek) Septuagint which is the Greek translation of the
Hebrew Old Testament and the (Greek) book of Matthew
1:23, started all of these lies.
The sons of Satan purposely combined their pagan virgin
stories with the words of Isaiah. The word translated from
Hebrew doesn’t necessarily mean “ virgin. ” There are two
Hebrew words usually translated to mean “virgin ” in
English.“ Bethulah” means virgin in the sense that we
understand it. It was used, for example, in Isaiah 62:
“For as a young man marrieth a virgin/Bethulah, so shall
thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over
the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.” ISAIAH 62:5
As you can see Isaiah uses the proper term for Virgin as:
(Bethulah) whenever he wanted to actually speak of a
woman who has not had sex. Isaiah wanted to convey
another message in 7:14.
The Hebrew word:
(ALMAH) is the word used Isaiah chose to use in this verse.
This word simply means a Young maiden or young woman.
The word ALMAH appears in the Jewish scriptures seven
times.Although it can mean a virgin in some instances
theologians want you to believe that YHWH as the giver of
the word and Isaiah as the writer would confuse us to their
own meaning. Does any of that logic make sense to you? It
couldn’t possibly make sense especially in the context that
Isaiah is using it to warn King Ahaz about Resin and
Remaliah? So how can theologians claim that Isaiah didn’t
know what proper words he wanted to use? Isaiah knew
exactly why he used the proper word Alma because he
wasn’t giving a 700-year futuristic prophecy. Now place
yourself on the scene at this time. You are so scared
because you think you and your kingdom are about to be
destroyed. Some little Prophet walks up to you and say:
“Hey, you and your kingdom are about to be destroyed. You
will die a horrible death, your women will be raped, and all of
your sons will have their genitals cut off and become
eunuchs.” But, I do have some good news for you! I just
saved some money on my insurance by switching
to G**CO?” Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Jesus will be born of
a virgin later on in the future for mankind’s sins? Have a
nice day. See ‘ya!”
Would that conversation make any sense to you? Of course
not! A conversation like this wouldn’t have made sense to
King Ahaz at the time either. Simply put, we have been lied
to!
The “CHILD” was the sign and “NOT” a miraculous birth.
Now I want you to pay special attention to the writings of
Isaiah. When Isaiah actually spoke of a true virgin he used
the proper word Bethulah five times-throughout the book of
Isaiah. (23:4; 23:12; 37:22; 47:1; 62:5). He uses-the Hebrew
word Alma only one time throughout all of his writings.
From the above verses of Isaiah we can see without
question that Isaiah definitely knew the difference between
the two words Bethulah and Alma ,Isaiah was not
“Foreshadowing” a prophecy of Jesus as the blinded
theologians-expect us to blindly believe. Now look at
another scripture outside of Isaiah-where Alma is used:
“There are three things which are too wonderful for me, four
which I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship in the
middle of the sea, and the way of a man with a young
woman (b’alma) . This is the way of an adulterous woman:
she eats and wipes her mouth, and says, “I have done no
wrong.” PROVERBS 30:18-20
Solomon uses the same word Alma as well. Clearly the
context in which he uses the word proves this Alma cannot
be a virgin because she was an adulterous woman! What is
Solomon saying about this woman in the context? Well
Solomon is making a comparison of an eagle in the sky, a
serpent on a rock, a ship in the middle of the sea and this
Alma. What do these have in common? None of them leave
a trace that they have been in a particular place. After an
eagle flies in the sky there is no trace. If a snake slithers on
a rock he doesn’t leave an impression like he would in the
grass, mud or sand. When a ship parts the waters during its
voyage the water closes in behind it as if it never went
through. Lastly Solomon speaks of that after the young
woman has done her fornication she gets up and there is no
trace of it for anyone to see as well except for God of
course. To reiterate, this Alma was not a virgin at all.
The confusion arose when the Greek Septuagint used the
Greek word “PARTHENOS” to translate Isaiah 7:14. This
Grecian translation does speak of a woman who hasn’t had
Sexual experiences. However, the person that translated the
Hebrew word didn’t know the proper term Isaiah used or
chose to ignore it for their own agendas. The church copied
a scripture from the Old Testament and simply applied it to
the none-existent pagan inspired Virgin Birth of Jesus. In no
possible way can you mistake this CHILD for JESUS! We-
know that IMMANUEL means: “ God is with us. ” God gave
this child as a sign to Ahaz to show him and his people that
the Almighty Father of Abraham was with them!
So after reading Isaiah 7:14 in the context we know this
CANNOT be the prophecy of Jesus because of the very next
verse:
“For BEFORE the “ CHILD” shall know to refuse evil, and
choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest SHALL be
forsaken of both her kings.” ISAIAH 7:16
Here yet again the theologians are proven wrong by the
word of God. We can clearly see another example of a true
prophetic “ TIMELINE !”
Now I may be wrong but I think Jesus’ birth is not
scheduled for another 700 years . Wow! I don’t think the
priest saw that one coming did they? The scripture says
that BEFORE this“ CHILD ” will know to refuse evil , the literal
lands that attempt to destroy Judah will be forsaken by both
of their” KINGS!” Now ask yourself a great question:
“Are there any documents of lands that were
conquered when Jesus was a BABY? ” NO!
This event didn’t happen in Jesus time. Now we no longer
have to guess who the child was. So that future generations
would know the truth, God told Isaiah to write down in a
scroll who the CHILD really was!
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

You said it yourself. Why should you waste your time on gibberish. You didn't read and you found it necessary to comment. Later you said I've read... Contradictions.
yes I read the 1st few lines & it was total gibberish to me. So why should I waste my time on such trash u religious extremist come up with?
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
SirWere:
Oh noooooooo, not again.

Teempakguy, Mathematics is your forte. Oya come over!!!!gringrin
Their mathematics is correct.

What is wrong is their premise.

most of the prophecies that are claimed to be of jesus are not meant for jesus at all.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by urahara(m): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
Their mathematics is correct.

What is wrong is their premise.

most of the prophecies that are claimed to be of jesus are not meant for jesus at all.

Like the one I have stated above and moreover none of the prophecies were meant for him.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
urahara:

Like the one I have stated above and moreover none of the prophecies were meant for him.
Exactly.

besides, the verse stated that the person would eat only butter and curds and wild honey.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
gabinogem:
yes I read the 1st few lines & it was total gibberish to me. So why should I waste my time on such trash u religious extremist come up with?

I'm not religious oga and you repeating it over n over again wouldnt make me religious. Jesus is greater than religion (Christian, Islam, Buddhism e.t.c.). He doesn't even like religious people. Talk another thing.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by urahara(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
Exactly.

besides, the verse stated that the person would eat only butter and curds and wild honey.

That's not even the main point. The main point is that the prophecy was meant to be fulfilled in King ahaz time and not 600 years after his death. Isaiah gave King ahaz a sign that he would destroy the kingdom of Israel and Syria. Which he fulfilled in 2 kings 16. The sign was not Jesus.
Let me demonstrate

Prophet; Teempakguy I prophesy that you will become president in the next 5 years as a sign a child with orange hair will be born in 600 years. doesn't it sound so stupidddd
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by Scholar8200(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
^^^You need to understand the dual fulfilment of Bible prophecies. Some times, the initial fulfilment has tokens of the prophecies but some details would be left out, while the full details are seen in the Ultimate fulfilment.

A good example is that of God's promise to Abraham's Seed. The Seed being fulfilled initially in Isaac and Ultimately in Jesus Christ. Another is the prophecy of the anti-christ being initially fulfilled in Antiochus Epiphanes but the ultimate fulfilment is yet to come etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

I'm not religious oga and you repeating it over n over again wouldnt make me religious. Jesus is greater than religion (Christian, Islam, Buddhism e.t.c.). He doesn't even like religious people. Talk another thing.
u are a hypocrite if u say u are not religious or perhaps u really don't know the meaning of religion. I despise hypocrites & sycophants, they are the reason why our world is not well govern. They are the disease of this earth. So kindly go & preach ur hypocritical doctrine somewhere else & leave me the f*** alone.
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by jayriginal: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
Of course all this is contingent upon belief that these events happened, and not the fact that they happened.

1 Like

Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by urahara(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
^^^You need to understand the dual fulfilment of Bible prophecies. Some times, the initial fulfilment has tokens of the prophecies but some details would be left out, while the full details are seen in the Ultimate fulfilment.

A good example is that of God's promise to Abraham's Seed. The Seed being fulfilled initially in Isaac and Ultimately in Jesus Christ. Another is the prophecy of the anti-christ being initially fulfilled in Antiochus Epiphanes but the ultimate fulfilment is yet to come etc

Dual prophecy my foot. Baba do u know that the more you give bias reasons. The more u are given people of other religions ammunition to use against you. For example. Jesus told his disciples that he would send for them a comforter. Muslim claim that 500 years after the death of the disciples that the comforter is muhammed. When you hear a Muslim saying this don't be angry since it is just a "double prophecy"
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by iamhorlufemi: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2015
gabinogem:
u are a hypocrite if u say u are not religious or perhaps u really don't know the meaning of religion. I despise hypocrites & sycophants, they are the reason why our world is not well govern. They are the disease of this earth. So kindly go & preach ur hypocritical doctrine somewhere else & leave me the f*** alone.

Eeyah touched a nerve there. I'm still not religious. Jesus is not a religion (although categorised as religion) Jesus is not a religion. Jesus is greater than religion. Buff said
Re: Mathematical Probability That Jesus Is The Christ by gabinogem(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2015
iamhorlufemi:

Eeyah touched a nerve there. I'm still not religious. Jesus is not a religion (although categorised as religion) Jesus is not a religion. Jesus is greater than religion. Buff said
is Jesus ur God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egyptian Sheikh Forbids Purchasing Chevrolets Because Logo Looks Like A Cross / 80% Of Nigerian Pastors Get Their Powers From Occult Sources / Why Chris Oyakhilome, Tb Joshua And Ayo Oritsejafor Displayed A Common Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.