Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,178 members, 7,953,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

I'll Preach Today (1) - What Is God Doing About Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'll Preach Today (1) - What Is God Doing About Nigeria (449 Views)

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems / What Did Your Pastor Preach Today??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'll Preach Today (1) - What Is God Doing About Nigeria by CPriest: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2015
Sermon topic - What is God doing with Nigeria?

Prayer - Almighty, I respectfully call on you to speak your word to us today. We have come before you knowing only a little of how great you are by the stories we have read, and the testimonies we have heard. Let your mercy forgive us, and your love heal us. This I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

My Nairalanders, today I have come, not with a sermon to you but with a message which I want us all to ponder on. It is not hidden to you that all is not well with our world today. But I will not focus on our world, but on our dear nation Nigeria. A country that has so many challenges known and unknown. All is not well with our Nigeria today.

And so today I preach - What is God doing with Nigeria? I have asked this question, that we may know how far we can continue to say "God dey" and "Diaris God", how far we can expect God to do something for us in this nation; so that we can know when it is time to stop fooling ourselves that God will get involved with our land.

You need to consider what I preach with an open heart, not only an open heart but with intense thought. The only thing, only hope, only expectation remaining with most Nigerians now is that God will do something. Even the politicians play the card, so that we may not go wild in frustration, they point us to God as a solution to the problems, most of it caused by them. If that is the case therefore, we need to really ask ourselves "What is God doing with Nigeria?".

Far be it to claim I have an answer to this question. The question nags me on because our leaders who claimed they have "Change" to offer have changed such claims to "only God can help with Nigeria's problems". I will not bother about our leaders and their naughtiness since they constitute a major part of the problems we expect God to solve for us.

As much as I look, it is hard to really see God at work in our nation. Everyday the stories of the ills are increasing. Newer ills are being added. A decade ago we had no Boko Haram, we had no Kidnap merchants, even though we had ritual killers it was not on a scale like this. Our youths were not as many on Okada as we have now. So I ask "What is God doing about Nigeria?".

People die in their hundreds seeking for employment, die seeking admission. Even the brilliant exist with no space to pursue higher education. Parents suffer to see their wards through school and after it they see the same wards day and night with their certificate neatly kept, endlessly waiting for a job which may not come for years. In pain I scream "What is God doing with Nigeria?".

In 2014, our nation had the highest number of deaths due to insurgency in the world. We are the third most terrorised country in the World. If people die like in Monaco like in Nigeria (not talking of normal deaths), the whole of the country of Monaco will cease to exist in a few years! "What is God doing with Nigeria?".

HIV/AIDs is increasing, stroke crisis is there and no one is taking note (why won't there be stroke with the chaos in this nation), Nigeria has the highest number of child brides and VVF victims in the world. It is scary being born a female in Nigeria (especially in the north). Children are getting trafficked and teenagers are taken away to other continents to prostitute; and so I ask again "What is God doing about Nigeria".

People of Nairaland, I know you would have loved me to prophesy that it shall with you in 2016, that you will win major contracts in 2016; have that oil job (even though oil is crying these days), buy the latest cars, get a husband and get a visa in 2016. Oh I wish that is what my spirit is saying. But no, my spirit cries out today - "What is God doing with Nigeria?"

Prayer - Oh Lord, you see the wahala and the suffering of the work of your hands. Our eyes are with tears today as cry to you. We are exactly like sheep without shepherd. There is trouble around, destroying our bodies, soul, and even seek to destroy our spirit. Our leaders have forsaken us so soon. What are you doing about us? Forgive us if it is a silly question. We have hoped, and our hope is still in you. Please do something, for the sake of us little ones. In Jesus name we ask, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I'll Preach Today (1) - What Is God Doing About Nigeria by talktonase(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2015
God is laffing at our complacent and highly currupt nature!

(1) (Reply)

***** One Solitary Life **** / God Does Not Need Apologists Or Terrorists / Extremism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.