Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? (57077 Views)

You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World / Why Does My Sperm Go From White To Transparent Within A Few Seconds / Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by fajani(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
When Your Sperm Turns Red

Most men have an ejaculate (the fluid that contains the sperm) that is white and slightly cloudy. When it turns red, it is a frightening occurrence. Hematospermia, or blood in the ejaculate, is a symptom that provokes great anxiety in patients due to fears of malignancy or sexually transmitted diseases. For most men, hematospermia is not a serious, life-threatening condition. One could think of blood in the semen in almost the same way one would think of blood in nasal mucus when one has a bad cold or sinus infection. It certainly is a sign of problems, but it's nothing to panic about. Seeking a medical opinion is highly recommended in any instance. Most men with hematospermia usually report brownish to red discoloration of the ejaculate. More than 90% of patients have no prior genitourinary symptoms or significant factors in their history. The ages range from 14 to 75, with an average age in the late 30's. It is not uncommon, however, for it to affect men between the ages of 30 and 40. About 90% of men who have had hematospermia will have repeated episodes.

The etiology is not specifically known and is poorly understood. Most commonly, it results from nonspecific inflammation of the urethra, prostate and/or seminal vesicles. In about 50% of patients the cause of hematospermia is not clearly understood or known. Semen originates from multiple organs, including the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, and prostate. Most of the semen comes from the seminal vesicles and prostate and it is probably from these two organs that most hematospermia cases originate. Infections or inflammation of the organs listed above account for most of the other causes. Cancers are rarely causative and account for a very small percentage of hemospermic diagnoses. With the introduction of ultrasound-guided prostate biopsies, we are seeing a large number of patients -- about a third of the patients who received the test -- with hematospermia after the biopsy.

Patients with hematospermia are usually categorized into one of two groups. The primary hematospermia group is where the patient's only symptom is blood in the ejaculate. This means that there is no blood in the urine (neither visually nor under a microscope). Also, the patient has no symptoms of urinary irritation or infection and the physical exam is completely unremarkable. Patients who have this type of hematospermia with no other findings are essentially found to have no other problem. The condition is "self-limited", which means it will go away in time without treatment. About 17% of patients will have one episode and no recurrence. Secondary hematospermia is when the cause of bleeding is known or suspected, such as immediately after a prostate biopsy, in the presence of a urinary or prostate infection, or cancer. Unusual causes include tuberculosis, parasitic infections and any diseases that affect blood clotting such as hemophilia and chronic liver disease. Patients who have hematospermia associated with symptoms of urinary infection or visual and/or microscopic blood in the urine require a complete urologic evaluation.

Most men with hematospermia are in their 30's and the problem almost always subsides spontaneously, usually within several weeks. Hematospermia may be associated with infection, but is rarely secondary to malignancy. Patients that have persistent hematospermia for longer than three weeks should undergo further urologic evaluation to identify the specific cause. The physical exam should include a genital and rectal exam, as well as a blood pressure test. Hypertension can be associated with hematospermia. Some urologists recommend transrectal ultrasounds to look for stones and cysts in the prostate, seminal vesicles and ejaculatory ducts. This may also help rule out prostate cancer.

Other urologists recommend cystoscopy because hematospermia can be secondary to urethral and prostatic pathology. Overall, hematospermia almost always resolves spontaneously and rarely is associated with significant urinary pathology. In a Japanese study, less than 1% of patients had prostate cancer associated with hematospermia.

Hematospermia can be a very frightening occurrence to any male, but in the end, most of these patients are found to have no abnormalities and require no therapy. Hematospermia is prone to continue on and off, but it is usually self-limited and carries no increased risk of any other disease, nor is the patient felt to be putting his sexual partner at risk. To reiterate; malignant cancers of the testicles and prostate are very rarely associated with hematospermia. Bottom line-hematospermia is a frightening condition that suggests a mild inflamation of either the prostate gland or seminal vesicles. No treatment or use of medication will result in return of the semen to its normal color. If you have this condition, check with your doctor or your urologist.
whiteandblack:
My s p e r m is mixed red and brown...and am really worried about this. I have just had an unprotected sex with a lady but that has been a while. So please is this colored s p e r m normal or do i need see a doctor. I need your serious contributions to this..no insult please. Thanks in advanced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by tosyne2much(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
OP, you are medically okay.. However, you are only receiving the wages of your sin cool

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
You see our problem in this country? A man has access to the internet, he doesn't google "sperm" + "colour" + "brown" or go to webmd, instead he comes to nairaland asking for advice from people who ascribe spiritual, tribal, religion or APC/PDP origins to every problem! Behold the Nigerian youth!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
DID YOU SAY "JUST"...SOUNDED LIKE YOURE YET TO EVEN GET DRESS UP...BUT YEA ITS NORMAL, LET US KNW WHEN ITS ALL RED
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by musicwriter(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
whiteandblack:
My s p e r m is mixed red and brown...and am really worried about this. I have just had an unprotected sex with a lady but that has been a while. So please is this colored s p e r m normal or do i need see a doctor. I need your serious contributions to this..no insult please. Thanks in advanced.

That's a serious health condition. I believe it's an advanced stage of staphylococcus. It kills in 28 days, unless you have really strong immune system.

grin grin grin
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by AyamConfidence(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
So this made frontpage...mods i bow o

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by donj84: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
irunooboo:
undecided This is why it is advisable for every lady to suck dicks properly before allowing penetration. by doing this you will know the color of the sperm of your man so engine oil sperm will not be released in you. I prefer men with 7inches dick and above because they last long in bed and have clean sperm smiley
This your last sentence or even your full writeup, pls can you tell us how it has been scientifically proven or traditionally proven before we adapt to the method because we are literates here and we bliv in proves..thanks
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by fajani(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
before they kill u here.. take it..

Seeing blood in the semen can make a man anxious. Fortunately, it doesn't always signal a major medical problem. For men younger than 40 with no related symptoms and no risk factors for underlying medical conditions, blood in semen often disappears on its own.

But for men 40 and over, chances are higher that blood in the semen needs evaluation and treatment. This is especially true for men who:

Have repeated episodes of blood in the semen
Have related symptoms while urinating or ejaculating
Are at risk for cancer, a bleeding disorder, or other conditions

Blood in the semen is called hematospermia or hemospermia. When men ejaculate, they typically don't examine their semen looking for blood. So it’s not known how common the condition is.

Causes of Blood in the Semen

Blood in the semen can come from several different sources:

Infection and inflammation. This is the most common cause of blood in the semen. Blood can come from an infection or inflammation, in any of the glands, tubes, or ducts that produce and move semen from the body. These include:

Prostate(the gland that produces the fluid part of semen)
Urethra (the tube that carries urine and semen from the penis)
Epididymis and vas deferens (tiny tube-like structures where sperm mature before ejaculation)
Seminal vesicles (which add more fluid to the semen)

It can also come from an STI (sexually transmitted infection) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, or from another viral or bacterial infection. Infection and inflammation are the culprits behind nearly four out of every ten cases of blood in the semen.

Trauma or a medical procedure. Blood in the semen is common after medical procedures. For instance, as many as four out of five men may temporarily have blood in their semen following a prostate biopsy.

Procedures done as treatment for urinary problems can also cause mild trauma that leads to temporary bleeding. This usually disappears within several weeks after the procedure. Radiation therapy, vasectomy, and injections for hemorrhoids can also cause blood. Physical trauma to the sex organs after pelvic fracture, injury to the testicles, excessively rigorous sexual activity or masturbation, or other injury can cause blood in the semen.
whiteandblack:

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by eliwa47(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
why should you practice unprotected sex? the red and brown color of your sperm for sure is an infection, go and see a qualified doctor immediately and never u tried it again for your health sake. most of all this so called beautiful babes are infections carrier!
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by searay(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
@OP, you DoN release the thing finish
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by iph0neb0t: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Brownish semen can occur due to infections especially in the prostrate, and also due to bleeding in the prostrate. It is due to a tear in one of the fragile veins of the prostate. The prostate is the organ that produces the majority of the seminal fluid in response to sexual stimulation. When the prostate contracts at the time of ejaculation, a vein may tear and blood mixes with the semen (hematospermia). Red blood indicates new and dark (brownish) discoloration indicates previous bleeding.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by egedege1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
whiteandblack:
Seeing a doctor could be more appropriate.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Dawinlove(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
bro u nid Jesus nd serious prayer o..see d doctor nd confirm it. it wil go..dnt fear...mayb God is usin it to warn yu..hop u nt feelin pain?
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
donj84:

This your last sentence or even your full writeup, pls can you tell us how it has been scientifically proven or traditionally proven before we adapt to the method because we are literates here and we bliv in proves..thanks

U and Google dey fight undecided
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by charlesdavis(m): 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
agohmamuda:
Relax Op. It's just Harmattan. It happened to one of my neighbour last week, the guy just died yesterday. No fear.
Chaiiiiiii....ur evil.rotflmao

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by francoray(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
agohmamuda:
Relax Op. It's just Harmattan. It happened to one of my neighbour last week, the guy just died yesterday. No fear.
you are bad o

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by dmostspecialone(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
The witches have used your sperm. Farewell boi
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by linnyx: 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
You fornicated with an alien... That's the result. Go see a doctor man and stop the fornication or...
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by abeniagbon(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
whiteandblack:

See doctor immediately very fast as you can and never to meet that lady again.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by agohmamuda(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
ANTONINEUTRON:

Oboy!! Wic kind encouragement be dis??
At least one week na something.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by passionz(f): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
agohmamuda:
Bros u wicked ooo! lwkmd! so u mean say OP go die soon?

2 Likes

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Jalinco: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
OP, you said you had just had unprotected sex with a lady but it has been a while, in the same sentence, Are you sure it is only your sperm that is coloured?
That said
The colour of your sperm is the colour of the child you will bear, if it is black your child is going to be a black, whether black African or American I cannot say, if your sperm is white lucky you, you are going to father a white.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by paradise88: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
irunooboo:
undecided This is why it is advisable for every lady to suck dicks properly before allowing penetration. by doing this you will know the color of the sperm of your man so engine oil sperm will not be released in you. I prefer men with 7inches dick and above because they last long in bed and have clean sperm smiley
I sensed a 2inches dick guy behind this monicker.

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Timileyin(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
This one na magu o, aka thunder bolt. NA person wife screw
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by lawboss: 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
agohmamuda:
y naaa.....lolzzzz
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by sabi99(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
agohmamuda:
u must be Bovi cousin

1 Like

Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by boxer022(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
The colour of sperm I know is white and since yours is not even near white then please sir rush now to your doctor as you may have contracted a deadly illness.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by blaksoap(f): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
yiu a wailing masturbator
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by 2ts: 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
See me see wahala o, you need hypo to make ur sperm white. Ode. B4 i open my eyes, c'mon carry that disease infested scrotum go hospital. Epa.
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by sabi99(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
irunooboo:
u don spoil since 19AD
Re: My Sperm Color Just Changed..please Is This Normal? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
whiteandblack:

Your sperm colour is meant to be whitish thick and mucous...
Red and Brown means a serious underlying condition especially as you had unprotected sex.

You didn't say if You had any pain in ur testes or during urination or ejaculation.

You need to have a urine culture and sperm culture done ASAP!

Also do a HIV test and VDRL test too.

Finally, please use condoms to save you from future issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It / Is This Pregnancy For Me? / 'Knockout' Tears Boy’s Hand In Asaba (Very Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.