Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call (7179 Views)

If I Buy Another Data Package, Can I Still Get Rollover? Glo And Etisalat Users / Its Back Again MTN Package Check It Out Here / Which Is The Best Line To Use To Subscribe For A Bundle Plan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Ama80(f): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
I carelessly dialled my hubby's mtn line whom traveled to U.S and was shocked dat d line went thru whc is gud dev and to d best of my knowledge he didn't roam however his challenge is it's very expensive for him to call us.i ve bn d one calling n I just want to find out if there is an Intl friendly package frm mtn for him to call not just us but also to friends n family.tnx
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Ama80(f): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Blackfase even u don't have any solution.dis is ur area.
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by blackfase(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
I kno of glo, they have an international package. Etisalat too is OK, about N12.00 a min.

Ama80:
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by blackfase(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
You two can also talk on whatsapp, skype, Facebook or bbm for free. Have you thought about that?

Ama80:
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Ama80(f): 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
blackfase:

I kno of glo, they have an international package. Etisalat too is OK, about N12.00 a min.

oops!he doesn't have watsapp or Skype apps.he uses phone Fr just calls n it's d only mtn line dat is connecting.i have no problem calling though frm my end,it it's just his side.
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by blackfase(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Try MTN international goody bundle. Call 180 & spk with their CS for d code to make calls for as low as N7.50 per min to selected countries like USA, India, China, etc.

Ama80:
oops!he doesn't have watsapp or Skype apps.he uses phone Fr just calls n it's d only mtn line dat is connecting.i have no problem calling though frm my end,it it's just his side.
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Ama80(f): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
blackfase:

Try MTN international goody bundle. Call 180 & spk with their CS for d code to make calls for as low as N7.50 per min to selected countries like USA, India, China, etc.

i hope it works frm his end but i will call 180.tnx
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Youngpo413: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2015
Whatsapp call is the best...comme je voudrais qu'il est sur WhatsApp.
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by blackfase(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2015
Amaks, just found this for u. I suggest u get a new sim so they don't mess ur main sim up with d new code.

*MTN International Call Saver
Do you want to call abroad at the lowest rates?

ΜΤΝ International Call Saver service, is the ideal service for the MTN 4G Smart, MTN PayMonthly or MTN Up2U and MTN PayAsYouGo subscribers who are often making phone calls to international destinations.
Activate the ΜΤΝ International Call Saver and call any destination you prefer at the lowest rates!

How can I activate the MTN International Call Saver service?
Dial *9292# to activate the service free of charge. If you are an MTN 4G Smart or MTN PayMonthly subscriber you can also activate the service by sending a text message to 1616 with the indication “INT ON”.

How do I use the service?
You just dial 9292 prior to the international number you wish to call
ie. 9292 + 00 + Country Code + number

Example: If you wish to make a call in Greece, then you should dial: 9292 + 00 + 30 + 69XXXXXXX
Note: Any international call without the use of the prefix will be charged at standard rates.

How can I deactivate the service?
Dial *9292# to deactivate the service. If you are an MTN 4G Smart or MTN PayMonthly subscriber you can also deactivate the service by sending a text message to 1616 with the indication “INT OFF”.

Ama80:
i hope it works frm his end but i will call 180.tnx
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
blackfase:

Amaks, just found this for u. I suggest u get a new sim so they don't mess ur main sim up with d new code.

*MTN International Call Saver
Do you want to call abroad at the lowest rates?

ΜΤΝ International Call Saver service, is the ideal service for the MTN 4G Smart, MTN PayMonthly or MTN Up2U and MTN PayAsYouGo subscribers who are often making phone calls to international destinations.
Activate the ΜΤΝ International Call Saver and call any destination you prefer at the lowest rates!

How can I activate the MTN International Call Saver service?
Dial *9292# to activate the service free of charge. If you are an MTN 4G Smart or MTN PayMonthly subscriber you can also activate the service by sending a text message to 1616 with the indication “INT ON”.

How do I use the service?
You just dial 9292 prior to the international number you wish to call
ie. 9292 + 00 + Country Code + number

Example: If you wish to make a call in Greece, then you should dial: 9292 + 00 + 30 + 69XXXXXXX
Note: Any international call without the use of the prefix will be charged at standard rates.

How can I deactivate the service?
Dial *9292# to deactivate the service. If you are an MTN 4G Smart or MTN PayMonthly subscriber you can also deactivate the service by sending a text message to 1616 with the indication “INT OFF”.

what's the rates?
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
What is MTN GoodyBag International?
MTN GoodyBag International is a voice bundle that will offer Prepaid and ePostpaid customers’ generous international minutes bundle at a discounted price .
MTN GoodyBag International is of three types;
International Destinations Bundle 1 which consists of 50 International voice minutes
International Destinations Bundle 2 which consists of 120 International voice minutes
International Destinations Bundle 3 which consists of 200 International voice minutes
Benefits of MTN GoodyBag International
With MTN GoodyBag International, you:
Have three different types of GoodyBag Internationals to choose from.
Will enjoy longer calls to 10 international destinations at a cheaper rate.
How MTN GoodyBag International works
To buy any of the MTN GoodyBag International, simply text the purchase keyword to the short code 131.
Example:
For GoodyBag International 1; text IDB500 to 131 costs NGN500
For GoodyBag International 2; text IDB1000 to 131 costs NGN1000
For GoodyBag International 3; text IDB1500 to 131 costs NGN1500
Once you have sent the command of the GoodyBag International that you want to buy, the system will then:
Deduct the applicable GoodyBag International fee from your main account
Credit your GoodyBag International account with the total number of international minutes
Then send a successful purchase notification message
You will be able to check your GoodyBag International balance by dialling *559*1#.
After you have successfully purchased any of the GoodyBag Internationals, you will get a pre-expiry notification message to either accept auto-renewal or reject auto-renewal.
Once you accept for auto-renewal, your subscription will be renewed automatically on expiry as long as you have enough airtime in your main account.
When your subscription has been renewed automatically, all your unused airtime in the GoodBag main account will be rolled over to the next subscription cycle.
For example: If a customer that purchased IDB500 has 20 minutes left in the dedicated account at the day of expiry, after the bundle has been renewed automatically, s/he will now have a total of 70 International minutes (50 + 20) in the dedicated account.
If you do not renew your GoodyBag International subscription after expiry, all unused airtime will be cleared from your GoodyBag International main and bonus accounts
You will be able to cancel your GoodyBag International auto-renewal by sending the SMS command STOPIDB to 131 before the GoodyBag International expires. Once you send that command, the system will not renew your subscription automatically again and any unused minutes will be cleared after expiry.
You will be able to purchase another GoodyBag once you exhaust the minutes of your current bundle before it expires.
Example; If a customer that purchased IDB500 exhausts the minutes before its expiry, s/he will be able to buy another IDB500 bundle or any other type of GoodyBag International.
You will be able to call the below International Destinations with the International minutes:
USA
Canada
UK Fixed
China
India
France
Australia Fixed
Hong Kong
Singapore
Italy Fixed
The table below summarizes the different GoodyBag International available:
MTN IDB 500
M 10
Bundle Mins.
50 Int'l voice mins.
12 vo mi
Purchase SMS command to 131
IDB500 ID
Destinations
USA U
Canada C
UK Fixed U
China C
India In
France Fr
Australia Fixed
A Fi
Hong Kong
H K
Singapore Si
Italy Fixed Ita
Price N500.00 N
Validity 7days 14
Allowed Service Classes
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by blackfase(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gues thiss d point where we contact d Mtn rogues for clarification bru. I wondered myself why they won't reveal that bit...

asuustrike2009:

what's the rates?
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Sheikwonder(m): 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
MTN had a package about 2 months ago,I don't know if it's still on but it worked for me back then. With 1 Naira,you get 200 national minutes and 100 international minutes for a month.

I think the code was
*567*1#...please I'm not sure if it still works though...
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2015
Sheikwonder:
MTN had a package about 2 months ago,I don't know if it's still on but it worked for me back then. With 1 Naira,you get 200 national minutes and 100 international minutes for a month.

I think the code was
*567*1#...please I'm not sure if it still works though...

For ur mind now if them ban me I go die bah Abi commenting dey put money for ur account Mr whistle blower undecided shame
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Sheikwonder(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
searchiing4love:
Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Biafra.

So you even know the rules,yet you choose to flout them,even creating multiple monikers...

I hope that ban comes very soon...NL would be less depressing with you out of it...
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Bossman(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
Your husband was definitely roaming if you called him on his MTN line while in the US. When you use your device outside of your local country, you are roaming. All the Naija carriers have roaming automatically. Definitely expensive to make/receive calls while roaming. The best option is for him to pick up an AT&T or Tmobile sim here and any of the stores walmart, bestbuy radioshack, etc. He can also get a chep phone+sim package for about $15 - $20. Then he can call Naija at ok rates or use a dial around service such as rebtel to call naija for about 5 us cents. Or he can just get a data plan on the US sim and use whatsapp etc to call.

3 Likes

Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by bongolistik(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
Read this on how to make cheapest call both locally and internationally and thank me later. You and your hubby will be able to talk for hours at minimum rate http://highteknology.com/2015/10/how-to-make-cheapest-calls-locally-and.html
Re: Which Mtn Package Can One Use To Mak Int'l Call by Ama80(f): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bossman:
Your husband was definitely roaming if you called him on his MTN line while in the US. When you use your device outside of your local country, you are roaming. All the Naija carriers have roaming automatically. Definitely expensive to make/receive calls while roaming. The best option is for him to pick up an AT&T or Tmobile sim here and any of the stores walmart, bestbuy radioshack, etc. He can also get a chep phone+sim package for about $15 - $20. Then he can call Naija at ok rates or use a dial around service such as rebtel to call naija for about 5 us cents. Or he can just get a data plan on the US sim and use whatsapp etc to call.
tnx Fr d options.so helpful.

(1) (Reply)

How To Register & Play Baba Ijebu Lotto Using Your Mtn Line / Root Your Samsung Clones- Easy Method / Airtel Sim Swap Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.