Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. (4434 Views)

Any Lady I Have Sex With Gets Pimples On Her Face: What Could Be Wrong With Me? / How can i clear Tiny Pimples on my face / How To Clear Darkspots On Face From Pimples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples are small skin lesions or inflammations of the skin – they are sebaceous glands (oil glands) which are infected with bacteria, swell up, and then fill up with pus. They occur when your sebaceous glands produce too much oil. This oil accumulation then gets infected by bacteria and a pimple is formed. It is just an inflammatory response to an invasion of bacteria inside a pore.

The redness, swelling and tenderness of a pimple are all symptoms of inflammation. It becomes inflamed in response to the body attacking the bacteria, trying to prevent it from causing any damage to surrounding tissues.

Ways You Can Manage Your Pimples

1.) Ice cubes

Ice can be used to quickly get rid of pimples. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area and in freezing the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin.You should wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and place it over the affected skin area for a few seconds. You can then repeat again and again till you get tired. When used repeatedly on the pimples throughout the day the ice will help to reduce inflammation or swelling and will immediately soothe your skin.

2.) Lemon

Yea I know, that is why you must have lemons readily in your fridge. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice. You can dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed. Repeat this till you achieve desired result.

3.) Honey

Honey is a source of natural antibiotics that can speed up the healing process, as well as help prevent infections. Just use a cotton swab to apply honey on the affected areas, then wash off after about 30 minutes. This particular method is one of my favourite and have recommended for alot of my friends with very good results.

4.) Toothpaste

Sounds unorthodox right? I shouldn’t be telling you this but it sure works. I have tried this so many times. That toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth can also be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. Before going to bed you can apply some toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed. Wash your face with water the next morning and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.

5.) Garlic

Garlic contain various antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulfur in garlic also promotes quick healing of pimples. You can slice a fresh garlic  into two pieces and rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with warm water. You can repeat the treatment several times a day.

6.) Baking soda

Baking soda is a good option for all, but especially those with sensitive skin because it will not cause any kind of skin irritation. You can make a thick paste by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice. Wash your skin very well and  leave it slightly damp. Apply the paste on the affected areas and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Never keep baking soda on your skin for longer than a few minutes as it can cause dryness. Wash your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer.

7.) Cucumber

Cucumber is a rich source of potassium and vitamins such as A, C and E. It also has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. You can make a face mask by grinding one cucumber. Apply it on your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes. Wash your skin with warm water. This will help clean dirt and bacteria from your pores.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by Mykelpato(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nice post
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by kingstylo01(m): 7:32am On Dec 15, 2015
nice post, but that ice stuff no go work for this Hammatern na
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 15, 2015
Eh. You can be saving the pimples until hammatern finish! undecided

kingstylo01:
nice post, but that ice stuff no go work for this Hammatern na
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by kingstylo01(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Eh. You can be saving the pimples until hammatern finish! undecided

lol.. will surely fall for other options na... will try honey, hope it works?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by feran15(m): 7:55am On Dec 15, 2015
i hope this works
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2015
sure.

kingstylo01:
lol.. will surely fall for other options na... will try honey, hope it works?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by bosco9: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
can those work on black spots?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Pimples On Your Face. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lizabeth25:
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples are small skin lesions or inflammations of the skin – they are sebaceous glands (oil glands) which are infected with bacteria, swell up, and then fill up with pus. They occur when your sebaceous glands produce too much oil. This oil accumulation then gets infected by bacteria and a pimple is formed. It is just an inflammatory response to an invasion of bacteria inside a pore.

The redness, swelling and tenderness of a pimple are all symptoms of inflammation. It becomes inflamed in response to the body attacking the bacteria, trying to prevent it from causing any damage to surrounding tissues.

Ways You Can Manage Your Pimples

1.) Ice cubes

Ice can be used to quickly get rid of pimples. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area and in freezing the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin.You should wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and place it over the affected skin area for a few seconds. You can then repeat again and again till you get tired. When used repeatedly on the pimples throughout the day the ice will help to reduce inflammation or swelling and will immediately soothe your skin.

2.) Lemon

Yea I know, that is why you must have lemons readily in your fridge. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice. You can dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed. Repeat this till you achieve desired result.

3.) Honey

Honey is a source of natural antibiotics that can speed up the healing process, as well as help prevent infections. Just use a cotton swab to apply honey on the affected areas, then wash off after about 30 minutes. This particular method is one of my favourite and have recommended for alot of my friends with very good results.

4.) Toothpaste

Sounds unorthodox right? I shouldn’t be telling you this but it sure works. I have tried this so many times. That toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth can also be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. Before going to bed you can apply some toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed. Wash your face with water the next morning and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.

5.) Garlic

Garlic contain various antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulfur in garlic also promotes quick healing of pimples. You can slice a fresh garlic  into two pieces and rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with warm water. You can repeat the treatment several times a day.

6.) Baking soda

Baking soda is a good option for all, but especially those with sensitive skin because it will not cause any kind of skin irritation. You can make a thick paste by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice. Wash your skin very well and  leave it slightly damp. Apply the paste on the affected areas and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Never keep baking soda on your skin for longer than a few minutes as it can cause dryness. Wash your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer.

7.) Cucumber

Cucumber is a rich source of potassium and vitamins such as A, C and E. It also has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. You can make a face mask by grinding one cucumber. Apply it on your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes. Wash your skin with warm water. This will help clean dirt and bacteria from your pores.

Thank you.

close up,Maclean,Oronbo,Honey,potassium bla bla bla undecided undecided undecided There's None of those craps enumerated I haven't used on my face before,but reverse has always been the case.let's not even linger on the fact it takes eons and ages before you start noticing the slightest of changes,those shits are really less potent and efficacious. My advice:-if you really want to get rid of those stouthearted zits and hell bent acne, Firstly,you need to get either "benzoyl peroxide" or "salicylic acid",Use either of the two but don't indulge to any urge to use a combination therapy.They're strong drying agents, so the strength needed is by virtue of the oilyness of your skin.If you have an oily skin,I'll recommend 5%,if you have a dry skin,2% is suitable.
Get a medicated soap like tetmosol citronella and wash your face 2-3times on daily basis few minutes prior to the usage of the formulation.They exert a drying sensation to an enormous extent,so you can limit the usage to like once daily or every couple of days if skin irritation becomes unbearable.
Your face will appear as if it's squeezing so get a moisturiser or a moisturising cream and apply daily.If you're broke or insolvent at the moment,Use olive oil or honey.You'll start noticing changes probably after the second or third day of Application. I can assure you that.The cons part is that it results to some sort of black spots spilled over from the pimples drying off.To counter this,get Carotone which goes for as low as #300 and apply daily.It's contraindicatory in people with dark skin so if you don't wanna look like Germany flag,skedaddle away from it,it's better keeping mute on the result than elucidating how your face'll look.If you're dark,get epiblanc but don't use it daily due to its toning effect.Prolly every two days.It can also be used by the light skinned babes and niggas.You can also get an aloe vera containing cream to lighten the dark spots.
grin grin grin grin grin So save yourself the distress of mixing honey with lime and oatmeal. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac / Please Help! I Just Had My Uvula Cut Off!! / Edmark Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.