Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim (22125 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / 20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / All Prophets (including Jesus) Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by sexyLeamon(f): 11:48am On Jun 06, 2009
The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim

and how true is that?
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2009
Pastor monday said he thank GOD that he is out of darkness, come to d venue and verify it urself, today and tomorrow
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by babs787(m): 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2009
@Abuzola

Salam brother. It has been happening and it formed part of my reversion to Islam. I am a living witness and apart from myself moving from christianity to Islam, I have witnessed some doing same in public lectures and Allah has touched some people through me as well. There was an instance where one tore the bible when shown some things in the bible and I have witnessed one between one Pastor Isang and Jamiu Adegunwa where most of the christians accepted Islam there before parting and it happened at Law school in Victoria Island, Lagos. Ishaq Akintola from Lagos State University was there as well and the pastor when conrned had to voice out by saying ' You Jamiu again'?  I have witnessed where a pastor told a questioner (sending someone) not to ask questions because it happens to be the foundation of their faith that if there is no dying and resurrection of Jesus, then there is no christianity. I don witness many self, se na pastor that wanted to open eyes or made leapers walk I go talk or those that divert topics like Noetic, Davidylan do here. They would have been given the topic to discuss but when they come, they would start saying another thing and that is the more reason I am not surprised at those two friends of mine cheesy

BTW, are you referring to formerly pastor Matthew Oyewole now Masud Oyewole? I have all his certificates signed by late Idahosa then and the pastorate school he attended then?

@Noetic & Davidylan

Oga, what facts do you need apart from that have been tendered so far ranging from:

Deification of Jesus --Is Jesus God?
Was Jesus sent to the whole world?
Did Jesus die for your sins?
Was Jesus a saviour?
Was he crucified?

etc

Choose one and we discuss with facts from your bible and Quran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by olabowale(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2009
@$Osisi: Your 6 millions in 2008, and still 6 millions in '07, stiill 6 m in '06, and still 6 million in '05, and on and on, (please stop me or else I will go far back to the past 1950?), is a fluke. Unfortunately, the Arab Sheik accepted it, as you will remind me of his statement on Al Jezerra.

If it is 6 million yearly, it shows at least no one is buying the reason for accepting Christianity, because it should have increased yearly. In the west for example, the americans, every year, the number of the people coming to Islam, is greater significantly, tan the number that entered it the year just before. It is so significant that they begin to notice it so much that they begin a record of it. I will also tell you that the record that America keeps about islam is incorrect, because 10 years ago the staics said it is 6 millions. Yet today it is still 6 million or just at most 7! Lies, I say. You hear me, woman? Lol.

Even west virginia where I went to school, the whitest state in America has some Masajid, today. 6 Millions? Should it not be more than twice? Talk to me.

@Davidylan: Who will kill you in Lagos, Nigeria? You are a Nigerian blood, aint it the case, man?

And if the jews knew him, immediately, should they later be asking about his position? Duuh! Why is it that they refusedto accept if, if they have been expecting him and they already new him? Duuh (the 2nd time). Why would he not answer diretly, without leavng anyone to guess what he meant, or doubt his honesty, about the question they asked him, without docking? David, think my friend and stop being deluded.

And a true god does not commit murder or suicide by allowing anybody to kill him. I am just using your Bible to destroy your hypothesis, now. A true God would have been beyond death, in every sense of being alive!

Now, every prophet died for God. That means true conviction. If you read the Quran, again, you will see that Allah says if you are killed in your struggle to remain Muslim, it is a good death. Many people die for wrong reasons; men who are good husbands may be killed on the account of their wives. Should a committed believer not at least be as bold, in the proper context? I am not talking about those who say they are believers, yet they terrorise, suicide bomb, etc of others and kill themselves, in a way that disagrees with the Quran and Sunnah.

According to you Jesus died, because his father commanded him to do so. I am convinced that a person who struggles against evil, following all Quranic guidelines and the Sunnah/Ahadith that makes it plain, he is in the same believing/obedience quality as Jesus, if he/she lose his life in the process.

David, please make sense, my friend. Enough of these lies and emotional nothingness.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
The lecture had come to an end with significant victory, alhamdulilah, we are expecting more converts in d coming days
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2009
Obizinedu a reverend father dat headed 3 churches also reverted to islam and he thank ALLAH, D crowd shouted ALLAHUAKBAR
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2009
A former muslim who converts to xtrianity also reverted to islam today after hearing about the show yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by olabowale(m): 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2009
THe 6 millions of $Osisi s dwindling down to zero. Soon it will be negetative.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by olabowale(m): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2009
@Sexyleamon: It will be impossible to argue, with sincere heart, (except the idolatry sign of crosing heart) that Jesus is christian, hence his followers are Christians. Are his folowers, religiously Jews? The answer is obvious. That leaves the Muslims to the question; the muslims say they are.

I hope you can say why you think the muslims are. Please be logical and no emotional outburst please.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by jiganshow(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2009
i am axtian and am expecting what you guys have learnt from the lecture. be ready to give a full detail but am not probing you anyway
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by sosisi(f): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2009
babs787:

@Abuzola

Salam brother. It has been happening and it formed part of my reversion to Islam. I am a living witness and apart from myself moving from christianity to Islam, I have witnessed some doing same in public lectures and Allah has touched some people through me as well. There was an instance where one tore the bible when shown some things in the bible and I have witnessed one between one Pastor Isang and Jamiu Adegunwa where most of the christians accepted Islam there before parting and it happened at Law school in Victoria Island, Lagos. Ishaq Akintola from Lagos State University was there as well and the pastor when conrned had to voice out by saying ' You Jamiu again'?  I have witnessed where a pastor told a questioner (sending someone) not to ask questions because it happens to be the foundation of their faith that if there is no dying and resurrection of Jesus, then there is no christianity. I don witness many self, se na pastor that wanted to open eyes or made leapers walk I go talk or those that divert topics like Noetic, Davidylan do here. They would have been given the topic to discuss but when they come, they would start saying another thing and that is the more reason I am not surprised at those two friends of mine cheesy

BTW, are you referring to formerly pastor Matthew Oyewole now Masud Oyewole? I have all his certificates signed by late Idahosa then and the pastorate school he attended then?

@Noetic & Davidylan

Oga, what facts do you need apart from that have been tendered so far ranging from:

Was Jesus a saviour?
Was he crucified?

etc

I hope you also know there are those who have used their korans to wipe after a massive diarrhoea
Nobody doubts that people do convert to Islam
but the hype you folks create out of it is laughable since everyone knows that for one Christian that converts to Islam there are tens of thousand that convert from Islam to Christianity.
75% of converts to Islam leave Islam within a year
that is documented
.You should have been at the crusades in Kano and Kaduna.
why do you think sharia lands banned public preaching and rioted heavily?
they know what usually happens.

The number of Yoruba born Muslims who convert to Christianity are uncountable.
Go to Redeemed churches and all the others in Lagos and western Nigeria and see them
Uncountable in number
The truth always prevails
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by sosisi(f): 12:26am On Jun 10, 2009
all the hard facts I gave earlier as usual are deleted because you folks can't handle the truth.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by mukina2: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2009
$osisi:

all the hard facts I gave earlier as usual are deleted because you folks can't handle the truth.

This line should be engraved and kept in NL's hall of quotes cheesy
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

This line should be engraved and kept in NL's hall of quotes cheesy

are you agreeing because its a fact?
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by mukina2: 12:32am On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

are you agreeing because its a fact?
na wetin?
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by noetic2: 12:47am On Jun 10, 2009
babs787:

@Abuzola

@Noetic & Davidylan

Was Jesus a saviour?
Was he crucified?

etc

you are so pathetic.

u choose any of the topics and start a thread for it.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by ffyari: 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2009
CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM
Islam is a continuation of Christianity as Christianity is an outgrowth of Judaism. These religions, known as the Abrahamic religions because they all trace their origin back to the prophet Abraham, are very close to each other. They all worship the same one God. There is sometimes confusion about this because Muslims usually call God by the name Allah. This is a contraction of Al Ilah, The God. Ilah, the Arabic for God, is a very close cognate of the Hebrew Eloh (Elohim, with the im suffix also seen in Cherubim, Sephardim, etc.). The main prophets of Islam are Muhammed, Jesus (Isa), Moses (Musa) and Abraham (Ibrahim). Muslims call Christians and Jews "people of the Book", meaning that they follow the teachings of God's prophets as set down in the Bible. On most things, Islam and Christianity agree. Islam and Judaism are even closer as to morality and the rules for daily living. So what separates them and who is right?
The obvious difference is that Christians accept Jesus after the prophets of Judaism and Muslims follow Muhammed after Jesus. But the serious differences between Christians on the one hand and Jews and Muslims on the other come not from Jesus but from Paul, who took the Christians out of the Jewish tradition in many ways. The Palestinian Jewish Christians who followed the brothers of Jesus, first James and then Jude (Judas), never accepted Paul and his teachings, but formed their own church called the Ebionite Church. The Ebionites all became Muslims later, accepting Muhammed as the successor of Jesus.
Another crucial difference between Christians and Muslims is the Christian belief that Jesus was God. Of course, many Christians do not believe this, either, such as Ebionites, Arians, Nestorians, Christadelphians, Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians, Universalists, most Friends, most Methodists and most members of the United Church. Many individual Christians have taken this position as well, such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Albert Schweitzer and Bishop Pike. What does the Bible say? To the person who addressed him as "Good Teacher", Jesus replied "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." (Luke 18:19) Again, to Mary Magdalene at the tomb, Jesus said "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God" (John 20:17). Even Paul agreed that Jesus was not God, for he wrote "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." (I Timothy 2:5). So the Muslim belief that Jesus was the prophet of God, but not God, agrees with Jesus and the Bible.
What is the nature of God? Of course, this is beyond human comprehension, but part of the answer is He is spirit and He is love. "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24) "He who does not know love does not know God; for God is love." (I John 4:cool From this it follows that while Jesus was a man of God, he was not God.
There are other important differences in Muslim and Christian beliefs and practices. A Muslim is taught to be proud, to conduct himself with dignity and honor, whereas the Christian views pride as a sin and is taught to be meek. The present emphasis in psychology on self-esteem and assertiveness has always been a part of Muslim custom. While both the Christian and the Muslim see greed as sinful, the Muslim is urged to go into commerce and accumulate wealth while the Christian is urged to shun riches and depend on God for sustenance. The Christian is urged not to defend himself but to turn the other cheek when he is struck. The Muslim is commanded to defend himself, his family and particularly his faith. This difference in views explains why Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr., were not able to work together against discrimination. Muslims could not accept King's discipline of non-violence not because they believe in violence but because they refuse to humiliate themselves by submitting to evil.
Perhaps the most important difference is the Muslim belief that how he conducts himself in daily life is the most important part of his religion, that he creates his own heaven or hell here on earth, while Christians look to reward or punishment in the next life. The extreme form of this is found in Evangelical or Fundamentalist Protestant Churches, which follow Paul's teaching that people are saved through their belief in Jesus as their personal savior and not by how they live. Of course, most Christians, including Orthodox, Catholics and Mainline Protestants, agree with Muslims and do not believe this. They follow the teaching of James, "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (James 1:22) "What does it profit, my brethern, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?" (James 2:14) "So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead." (James 2:17)
In a direct answer to Paul's letter to the Romans, James showed that Paul had incorrectly interpreted the story of Abraham and Isaac, and goes so far as to refer to Paul as "you foolish fellow." (James 2:20) "You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone." (James 2:24) "For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead." "You believe God is one,; you do well. Even the demons believe - and shudder." (James 2:19) The belief of Muslims and most Christians is given in the first letter of John: "And by this we may be sure that we know Him, if we keep his commandments. He who says 'I know Him' but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (I John 2:3)
The question of which religion is best must be addressed on several levels. First, since Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same one God, all of them are good, and no one should deride any of them. While Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the most complete and reliable source of God's revelation, they acknowledge that the same message was given to Jesus, Moses and other prophets before Muhammed. While a comparison can be made on the content of the revelations in the different religions or on their theological positions, and the criticism can be based on the methods of different fields such as history, science, linguistics, ethics, philosophy or theology, there is a simpler approach which may have more validity for our lives. In the philosophies of Pragmatism (William James) or Utilitarianism (John Stuart Mills), that is best which works best. In this vein, the test of the quality of a religion lies in the quality of the lives of its adherents. It is much easier to compare results than it is to ascertain the validity of different revelations.
Test for yourself. Go to a church and a masjid (mosque), find several couples in their late thirties or early forties, and find out what has happened to their teenaged children. We believe you consistently will find that many more of those raised as Muslims will have stayed in school, stayed off of drugs and stayed out of jail. Find women of this age and see how many still have sober, productive, supportive husbands. Find men of this age and see who is healthy, employed and out of trouble, and who is addicted to alcohol or cocaine and wastes all his money. It is our experience that Muslim men and their families are faring much better than others, particularly in the poorer neighborhoods of American cities where drugs and crime are so destructive.
There is an article in Christianity Today (January 10, 1994) about Islam in America which is very informative. Titled "Churches Wary of Inner-city Islamic Inroads" under a heading of "African Americans" and subtitled "More Blacks see the Muslim message as an appealing Alternative to Christianity," the article is cited on the front cover as "News: Winning back Black Muslims" and in the table of contents as "Urban Churches: How ministries are reclaiming Black Muslims." While the intent of the article is to tell about Christian efforts to convert Muslims to Christianity, it provides some very interesting insights into the differences. "When it comes to righteousness-through-good-deeds, a Muslim can run rings around a Christian." This is a terrible admission for a Christian to make. If Muslims are better people, living better lives, why should they convert to Christianity? The article quotes a Christian woman, "As a Black woman, I can't tell you what it means to me to see all those young Black men dressed in suits, disciplined, committed to a cause, and totally respectful of me as a woman."
While the article deals mainly with the small, break-away group led by Louis Farrakhan, it does mention the main group of Muslim Americans, led by Wallace (Warith) Deen Mohammed, the son and heir of Elijah Mohammed. Concentrating on the Ridgewood section of Columbia, South Carolina, "They have come in here and established a daycare center, a bakery and a supermarket, , And then they marched down the street and told all the drug pushers they didn't belong in that neighborhood anymore. The drug pushers moved out." This quote is from a minister whose church "moved into Ridgewood to counter the mosque's efforts."
We believe that the answer to societal problems like drug use, alcoholism, crime, illegitimate children, teenage pregnancy, school dropouts, unemployment, urban blight, lack of education and illiteracy is to be found in Islam. At the present rate of growth, Muslims are predicted to be a majority of urban African Americans by 2010. This growth is largely based on the recognition that Islam is the main force combatting these evils in our cities. Even if you do not accept Islam for yourself, we hope you will appreciate the contribution that Islam is making to improving social conditions. The pride and devotion of Muslims is making a difference in many places and improving the lives of many.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2009
jiganshow:

i am axtian and am expecting what you guys have learnt from the lecture. be ready to give a full detail but am not probing you anyway

Is a three days lecture so i can't write everything here, you can contact me for the cassette if you are in lagos
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by sleek29(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2009
The truth needs no debate for credibility, it has nothing to fear.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by olabowale(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
So Sleek29, i guess it is the lies in your religion that make you fear so much and debate so ferrociously?
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2009
Abi o
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by theseeker2: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2009
ffyari, very well said
do you guys realize the amazing fact that ever since muslims hve been debating xtians openly there has never been a single case where the muslims were defeated. It is impossible to defeat the truth. I chanllange noetic ands his gang to provide any video evidence to the contrary. The debates on NL get very weary cos the xtians play hide and seek.
I think it would be a good idea to organize such  face to face open debate between NL member. It would be the final showdown. I know our hypocrite friend like noetic, davidlyan, godson etc will cowardly refuse such invitation cos they know the truth is not on their side.
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
You are right man
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by live: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
Can any get a llink of the of a debate of  lateef adebowale onto face book,
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by whoisallah: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2009
who is Allah? A demon god of the arabs tongue
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2009
'And remember the Day when the wrong doer will bite at his hands, he will say ,'oh ! Would i have taken the path of the messenger (Muhammad).

Ah ! Woe to me ! Would i have never taken so and so as an intimate friend.

He indeed led me astray from the reminder (Quran) after it had come to me.

And satan to man is ever a deserter in the hour of need'
Quran 25:27-29
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by whoisallah: 2:45am On Nov 16, 2009
abudophile (Boko aram member( Lagos state chapter)

Don't bother yourself whether u r a true follower of Jesus or not. Jesus knows his true followers. What u should be concerned about is whether the Arab chistians' Allah/Jewish Allah/Christians Allah  is the same as the  arabian demonic blood sucking allah that was upgraded by Mo( the arabian (not Jewish) prophet that was possed by the evil spirit of allah)  Piss unto u
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by whoisallah: 3:31am On Nov 16, 2009
@abudophile(Boko Aram, Lagos chapter)

The islamic arabian demonic allah is most wicked. How can it (allah) allow Mohammed 53yrs (Piss be unto him) to phuck a 9 year old baby? Madness
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Cancer on the brain is a curse, what a pity
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by whoisallah: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
Cancer on the brain is a curse, what a pity

You are right. I guess as much. I've been wondering why a 53yr old man will rape a 9year old girl without her consent. what a shame. Abudophile, u r right for once
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by whoisallah: 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Abudophile, pls dont do that to your neighbour's 9yr old girl ooo. Mohammed did it because he was possessed by the evil spirit. It's haram you hear. Good boy
Re: Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim by Abuzola(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2009
what a pity

Quran 4:39. And what loss have they if they had believed in Allâh and in the Last Day, and they spend out of what Allâh has given them for sustenance? And Allâh is Ever All­Knower of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims: 7 Virgins To One Man When You Die? Lol / 25 Amazing Photos from Hajj 1953 / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.