Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh (1245 Views)

Kenyan Man Attempts To Enlarge His Joystick With Intimacy Gadget, Hospitalized / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by naliakar: 2:32am On Jun 05, 2009
So Obama was not enough. See link:

http://www.diasporamessenger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=203

A Kenyan running for California Governor - 2010.
By Diasporamessenger
05/23/09

In following the footsteps of President Obama, a Kenyan and a resident of California has declared his candidature for the Governor of California. Here below is his statement and appeal for help and votes.
California Governor - 2010.
Joe and Alice Symmon
My name is Dr. Joe Symmon and I am running for Governor of California. I am a moral voice of change, hope and destined for greatness.
What is critical to human progress is vision — seeing a future that is achievable and worth attaining.“Without a vision and sound judgment, people perish”. California’s political change is long overdue. And this is our moment to bring that change, to restore hope and reclaim our Golden state for ourselves and our emerging generations.
When I am Governor, I will deal with issues affecting us today with high integrity, wisdom and leading boldly by example.
Our economy will thrive, our schools and teachers will excel, and our universal health care and environmental systems will work. Static and status quo style of leadership in Sacramento will go. It is time to break the cycle of failed policies and politics. I am a visionary endowed with freshness and new ideologies. The issues that unite us are far greater than issues that divide us. As Governor I will pursue and implement these issues:
1. Integrity – the Governor will lead by example. The way I carry myself in private will be how I will treat others. Asserting the Golden rule at all decision making process. The immediate result of following the Golden Rule is that I will be treating other people very, very well. "And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them." I have personally practiced this rule since my debut into politics in 1979 and during my tenure as a Graduate student president in 1984.
2. Moral, virtue and family values – I am married to one wife for 33 years. We have raised three biological kids and are now raising almost 200 orphans with a full-time staff of over thirty. We provide them with a home, food, education, clothing, health care. By so doing, we have ignited an unstoppable hope and destiny. Giving them an opportunity for better and responsible citizenry. A Governor ought to rule his house well before he can aspire for public office, and this I have done. Solomon said “when the righteous rule, people rejoice and when the wicked are in authority, people mourn” This is our time to turn the page.
3. Economy – Ending economic instability requires a true break with the status quo. It will not happen in the course of “business as usual.” My plan is to unite the leaders in Sacramento so that we can have a simple majority rule to pass the budget. Partisanship politics will be a thing of the past. I have no intention to raise taxes. My giving back plan will be rolled out in my first 100 days. California will attract businesses that migrated in the past to return, and existing businesses shall perform better. This will boost the creation of new jobs.
4. Education – Our high institutions of learning should be well equipped to carry out research that will advance modern technological and social changes in every sector of learning. We’re experiencing cutbacks in almost every department and eventually affecting teaching profession and trickling down to students’ performance. As Governor, I will employ a team of technocrats and professionals to change the system. Teachers should be paid well and every effort made to motivate and retain them on the job. College students should have sufficient grants to keep them focused more in their studies rather than have them work two or three jobs. Many have snoozed and died on the wheel working multiple shifts.
5. Environment - We should harness the sun and the wind to produce sufficient energy to run our vehicles and industries. And we have plenty of both here in our golden state. We should reserve and recycle all that water that runs to the Pacific from rainfall and our snow-capped mountains and utilize it to run our technology. Southern California fire season can be a thing of the past if we can use this water to plant trees that will in turn bring rainfalls to change our dry landscape into forests and run arsonists out of business.
6. Health – every citizen should have access to affordable and reliable health care. I will guarantee affordable, accessible health care coverage for all Californians. More so for our senior citizens should enjoy their golden years in our golden state peacefully. I wholeheartedly support and would adopt Obama health-care plan.
7. Immigration - to solve the challenges we are facing in California on immigration issues, I will pursue genuine solutions daily. I will be committed to ensure that immigrants are accorded the same respect and legal status like every one who have come here to seek an opportunity to better their lives. And quoting President Obama “they have come here for the same reason that families have always come here--for the hope that in America, they could build a better life for themselves and their families.” Legal residency for all immigrants shall be my priority.
My sincere Appeal: Your Prayers first, financial support, Your Vote, mobilizing others to vote for the moral voice of Change, a Voice of Hope - Our Destiny to Greatness. A win for Dr. Symmon is a win for us all. Thank you for your support.
Dr. Joe Symmon,
P.O. Box 390,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739.
www.drjoesymmon.com
http://www.diasporamessenger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by tpiah: 3:08am On Jun 05, 2009
someone should let me know when it happens.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by SeanT21(f): 3:52am On Jun 05, 2009
A Kenyan to be governor of California.

I see U are speaking in faith

AMEN!!
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by AloyEmeka9: 4:56am On Jun 05, 2009
[img]http://www.diasporamessenger.com/images/Joe_+_AlyceJo.jpg[/img]
He doesn't look suave and probably not charismatic like Obama. I doubt it and he should lose that shirt for a start.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by C2H5OH(f): 4:58am On Jun 05, 2009
Sorry to burst your bubble. It's not going to happen.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by naliakar: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2009
[color=#000099]
@ C2H5OH
Sorry to burst your bubble.  It's not going to happen.

Don't be so sure. The same was said about Obama. You saw what happened.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by yeswecan(m): 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

[img]http://www.diasporamessenger.com/images/Joe_+_AlyceJo.jpg[/img]
He doesn't look suave and probably not charismatic like Obama. I doubt it and he should lose that shirt for a start.

Funny enough you are right
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by iniguy(m): 4:47am On Jun 10, 2009
He is not gonna win
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by AKO1(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2009
Why did you put such a false, misleading title?

He wants to be the Governor, he is not going to be.

Abi you don't understand the difference?
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by RSA(m): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2009
Great country of Kenya,they gave us Kenyatta,Obama and now the Governor of California.God bless Kenya and Africa.Long live land of Africans leader.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by Pennywise(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2009
And where are all our Nigerian peeps in America? They seem to be content with credit card fraud and hawking stories for money.
Re: A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh by SeanT21(f): 8:10am On Jun 13, 2009
Pennywise:

And where are all our Nigerian peeps in America? They seem to be content with credit card fraud and hawking stories for money.

LMAO~~NOT TRUE OOO!!

(1) (Reply)

Hezbollah Backed Syrian Army Wins The Battle Of Qusayr Against Rebels,Al-Qaeda / What Is Brexit And What Is Going To Happen Now That Britain Has Voted To LEAVE ? / Photos Of President Putin's Fancy Private Jet Complete With A Gold-plated (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.