Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67052 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by dotna(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
California Passes ‘Yes Means Yes’ Law

Here’s some uplifting news to read before you leave for your long weekend: California just became the first state to pass a ‘Yes Means Yes’ bill that would require all state-funded colleges and universities to adopt “affirmative consent” language in their definitions of consensual sex, Yahoo! News reports.
The California senate unanimously passed the bill in May, and it’s now set to be signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown. The law defines sexual consent between people as “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity.” In other words, silence or a lack of resistance do not count as consent, and drugs and alcohol will not (not that they ever should) excuse unwanted sexual activity or touching.
Governor Brown must sign the bill into law by September 30th, and if he does, it would be the first time a state would require such strong language to be a part of a school’s sexual assault policies, Claire Conlon, a spokesperson for Senator Kevin de Leon—who championed the bill—told Yahoo!.
We love this idea, not only because it seems to do away with the old “No means no” mentality, but because it champions enthusiastic consent between students. Hopefully, it’ll encourage all parties involved to stand up for themselves and talk about what they’re comfortable with. There’s nothing sexier or healthier than two people who really know what they want and aren’t afraid to say it.

http://zealnote.com/yes-means-yes-new-sex-law-california/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by dotna(m): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
2007 Infiniti QX56 selling for N3.3m
Click link below for more details
https://www.nairaland.com/1859238/infiniti-qx56-naija-used-jacarantha

guys makuuna wait until she says YES before you asampoko her unless na rape b dat

Meet smartphones with long battery lives you can buy
Click link below for more details
http://zealnote.com/smartphones-long-battery-life-roundup

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Idrismusty97(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
I don't understand

33 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by nairalife2013(m): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Women wil not like dis law. They prefare no means yes. Watch out for feminists protest. Meanwhile if dis law was alife when men where men, many of us would have smelled the bars uncountable times!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by McWhillion(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Idrismusty97: I don't understand
Makes two of us

12 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nctrice(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
seems like a harsh one to me! In a world where ladies "No" means "Yes" when it has to do with intimacy. they add more salt to injury by saying "silence and or lack of resistance do not count as consent" waaaat?... A saying that is in contrast with the common saying that says "Silence means Consent!" I wonder who sponsor this kind of bill sef!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by doctorofgirls(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
RubbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiissssssSshhhhhh

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Tawis06(m): 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
McWhillion:
Makes two of us
same here

6 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Rexnegro(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tawis06: same here

Me too don't understand ... Hahahahahahaha rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by kel4soft: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2014
Rexnegro:

Rexnegro:

Am still clueless

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by MayorofLagos(m): 12:21am On Sep 03, 2014
It means sex will be preceded by a question and answer session.

Boy: do you know what i am getting ready to do you?

Girl: yes!

Boy: are you aware i have an ere.ction?

Boy: do you know what erect pennees do?

Boy: under California statute code 739 section X.X.X, do you consent to be fvckd by this penees?

Boy: to prove intent and consent in the AFFIRMATIVE grab the penees and insert it in your body.

Girl: ok.

cool cool I change my mind about relocating to California! Im going to Utah instead.

354 Likes 44 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Rawani: 12:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Basically they're saying if a girl does not verbally agree to intimate activity, you cannot assume her smile/silence means she is interested, regardless of if she is high or drunk because that would count as rape_. It's all in a bid to tighten laws against sexual crime and harassment especially in schools. That's my understanding.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by deols(f): 1:27am On Sep 03, 2014
There are no blurred lines. #simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by jnrbayano(m): 5:38am On Sep 03, 2014
If its a case of the lady making the move, does the law also stipulates the lady to pop the question and the man to consent or is it usually the other way round?

20 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Ngwakwe: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2014
Other Intelligent Lawmakers are covering all loopholes with unambiguous laws while the ones in Nigeria are impeaching poultry farmers, sharing monies and virtually doing nothing except passing budgets without asking questions.

When are we getting our Judiciary up and running with unambiguous laws covering every issue in life for quick dispensation of justice with stiffer penalties?

Reproductive Organs must verbalise what they want or be kept in-cloths

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2014
Na wa o. This law makes f*cking a long process.

5 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by leggo: 6:25am On Sep 03, 2014
So if the girl doesn't say yes, but stays on top is that consensual?

3 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Caseless: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2014
consensual agreement btw both party.
Sexual cohesiveness btw the opposites.
They mean, sexual principle of reciprocity.
Infact, they mean no sexual militancy and insurgency.
They mean holo-sexual relativity.
I swear, they mean effusion of 'yeses'.
They are saying sexual desiderata . What the law preaches is romantic uniformitarianis. Infact, it encourages holo-hayalenal sexual acceptance. The law is frictional to rapemaniac, the law envices posterior and anterior compromise, they mean conspicous YES, as in, existentialistic YES is the case here. Like 'hemorhagic yes' is what they're talking about...Etc.
Hope u understand now.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Tundeiab(m): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2014
what they are trying to say is that before a guy can have canal knowledge of a girl she must say yes if not it will be seen as rape/molestation.

Get it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Tundeiab(m): 6:39am On Sep 03, 2014
caseless: consensual agreement btw both party.
Sexual cohesiveness btw the opposites.
They mean, sexual principle of reciprocity.
Infact, they mean no sexual militancy and insurgency.
They mean holo-sexual relativity.
I swear, they mean effusion of 'yeses'.
They ar saying sexual desiderata etc.
Hope u understand now.
bros Nawa for you o!

You just compounded the matter... grin

23 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Caseless: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Tundeiab: bros Nawa for you o!

You just compounded the matter... grin
learning is a life-long experience. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by natureblack(m): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Sexual molestation is very high in California,and I believe this law will go a long way in curbing the menace.

When tryna hide the sausage on some CA ladies they would be like "remember I haven't said yes" undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Jesuspistol(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2014
Mheeeen...Carlifornia prostitutes are about to experience a BOOM in business!!

7 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2014
yesgrin

Dedicate this plots of land to the humble owner of afronigeria just luv d guy #very humble

thank God this is a lessface grin forum gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by CharlieMaria(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Make I book space first.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by henryobinna(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
me too
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by iceberylin(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
YES ;d
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by ebolablast: 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
#taaaaa if konji hold me make I hear say I get time for all Dis question and answer session.. moreover Dis people get stupid laws,come see law wey u no fit put rat trap for ur house except u get hunting permit
read here. http:///Gxzp
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
What happens in America stays in America..
This is highly not welcomed in my country..
Show spoiler...
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Habidab: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
So if I walk to her and say hope you need it now.she must say yes or no rather than pretending.ok Jerry brown I don understand this level wela shocked grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by alberto2k(m): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
i don't even understand this Anyone to explain this to me plz??!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

See How Close Russia Is To USA Geographically: Photo / Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.