Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? (4166 Views)

Buhari Turning Nigeria Into A Police State - Amnesty International / Trump Blasts Nigeria Again, Buhari Turning Nigeria To An Islamic Country / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Was Turning Nigeria Into A Banana Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Months before his election the social media was swept by a storm of an article claiming there is a sinister plan ochestrated from Suadi Arabia to turn Nigeria into an islamic country.

Then Bokoharam took a new turn, the military started finding it difficult to defeat this salafist group. It became apparent to Goodluck Jonathan than there are many bokoharam sympathisers within the military. To say it simply it is "jihad" and all non-sunni muslims must be destroyed. Christain worhsip houses and shiite mosques became targets. Many villages in the north of Nigeria have been purged of all elements of non-sunni humans. While this ethnic cleansing was going on there was this propaganda flying that the Americans have refused to sell Nigeria weapons. Now it is clear that it was Dasuki that prefer to distribute the money like a santa claus than fight terrorism.

Buhari has literearilly declared war on Shiite muslims and very soon may soon declare war on christians or at least ask for more time to defeat bokoharam so that they can carry out more ethnic cleasing in the name of Islam or their salafist movement.

More worrying is the annoucement today by Saudi Arabia that it has created a "34 islamic nation coalition against terrorism" and Nigeria is one of the countries in this 34-islamic nation coalition. It is becoming clear that in Buhari's mind Nigeria is an islamic country. Nigerians need to be careful with the so called goodwork of fighting corruption while simultaneously islamizing Nigeria. Nigeria should wake up to Buahri's plan to quietly turn Nigeria to another Sunnistan nation. Let us pray that non-sunnis in Nigeria will not suffer like those in Syria under Buhari's watch

4 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
NO TO YOUR QUESTION. BUHARI IS BRINGING BACK DISCIPLINE AND ORDER TO OUR SOCIETY.

WE ARE MUSLIM NOT SHITTE OR SUNNI.

6 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
NO TO YOUR QUESTION. BUHARI IS BRINGING BACK DISCIPLINE AND ORDER TO OUR SOCIETY.

If that is so the middle east will be peaceful but Saudi Arabia and Iran did not see it that way nor is Buhari seeing it that way. Just yesterday shiite were attacked and today the killing continues in Kaduna.

Nigerian muslim population is less than 50% and so Nigeria cannot be an Islamic country.

In syria 85% are Arabs but Saudi Arabia is arming sunnis to remove Assad simple because he is not a sunni muslim. That is his only sin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by networkgenuis: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Op, though I don't fully subscribe to your 'bizarre' postulation, I can't help questioning the rationale behind the use of such maximum force on an unarmed group.

This is simply state terrorism.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Barry2015(f): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
Executive Marketers needed within the age range of 20 to 27 year and reside in the south-south and south-eastern states of nigeria.the person must be willing to travel and preferable a lady.Interested persons should send their cvs to recruitment@sstac.sch.ng Salary Package attractive.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by vedaxcool(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Op why are you worried 34 countries planning to fight terrorism. The same lies you wailers heaped during the elections are same crap you are repeating now that all the thieves of yesteryear are being trialed.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
Both the Sunni and the Shiite can go to hell all I don't care. We are Muslim and no time for nonsense political group. A good Muslim will understand me as it is in accordance with our Shariah and also Hadith. Both Sunni and Shiite are political carcus which does not care about the Muslim welfare. What has Saudi government did so far to help YEMEN, same thing apply to Iran.

Voiceinthewilde:

If that is so the middle east will be peaceful but Saudi Arabia and Iran did not see it that way nor is Buhari seeing it that way. Just yesterday shiite were attacked and today the killing continues in Kaduna.

Nigerian muslim population is less than 50% and so Nigeria cannot be an Islamic country.

In syria 85% are Arabs but Saudi Arabia is arming sunnis to remove Assad simple because he is not a sunni muslim. That is his only sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
vedaxcool:
Op why are you worried 34 countries planning to fight terrorism. The same lies you wailers heaped during the elections are same crap you are repeating now that all the thieves of yesteryear are being trialed.

I supported Buahri during election and I am christian. Infact I have suppoted him since 2003. This is not 34 countries fighting terrorism. This is 34 islamic countries. And the world knows that some on that list sponsor terrorism globally.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
Both the Sunni and the Shiite can go to hell all I don't care. We are Muslim and no time for nonsense political group. A good Muslim will understand me as it is in accordance with our Shariah and also Hadith. Both Sunni and Shiite are political carcus which does not care about the Muslim welfare. What has Saudi government did so far to help YEMEN, same thing apply to Iran.

You may be a muslim but Nigeria isn't an islamic nation and should not join a coalition of islamic nations. Sunni and Shiite are muslims just like Catholic and protestants are christians. The fight in the middle east comes dowm to this faction of islam. The shiites are trying to control Yemen and the Sunnis are trying to contro Syria. They often consider eacother group heretic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
But you will be the first person to point finger at ISLAM when this sect start showing their true color ? Enough of Islamic sect in Nigeria and that is my point.

Voiceinthewilde:

You may be a muslim but Nigeria isn't an islamic nation and should not join a coalition of islamic nations. Sunni and Shiite are muslims just like Catholic and protestants are christians. The fight in the middle east comes dowm to this faction of islam. The shiites are trying to control Yemen and the Sunnis are trying to contro Syria. They often consider eacother group heretic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
But you will be the first person to point finger at ISLAM when this sect start showing their true color ? Enough of Islamic sect in Nigeria and that is my point.

Unfortunately there are many islamic sects in Nigeria. In Ibadan some of them even have vigils, choir, dance etc what some muslims call haram. I think they are called nasfat. Your view of islamic teaching automatically categorises you into a sect.

You cannot tell people what to believe. Some believe both in islam and christianity they are thus called chrislam. You can't say enough of islamic sect. People will believe whatever they want to believe and should be allowed their freedom of religion

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Duru1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
@OP

What type of question is this captioning? Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated that he will spread sharia to all parts of the zoo called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by agriboom: 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
networkgenuis:
Op, though I don't fully subscribe to your 'bizarre' postulation, I can't help questioning the rationale behind the use of such maximum force on an unarmed group.

This is simply state terrorism.

Because you really don't know what this Shia group is all about, Shia and BH is like al-Qaeda and Isis, same stupid belief only that one is a little more crazy than the other, like BH, Isis and alqeada the Shia practices have nothing to do with Islam but more with power, womanizing, harassment and greed. If only you know about them or live in societies they stay you'd definitely be supporting this crackdown.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
There is freedom of association but not a violent group. No one is angry with Sheikh Ibraheem for been a shiite follower but he must follow the rule of law.

Voiceinthewilde:

Unfortunately there are many islamic sects in Nigeria. In Ibadan some of them even have vigils, choir, dance etc what some muslims call haram. I think they are called nasfat. Your view of islamic teaching automatically categorises you into a sect.

You cannot tell people what to believe. Some believe both in islam and christianity they are thus called chrislam. You can't say enough of islamic sect. People will believe whatever they want to believe and should be allowed their freedom of religion

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by vedaxcool(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Voiceinthewilde:

I supported Buahri during election and I am christian. Infact I have suppoted him since 2003. This is not 34 countries fighting terrorism. This is 34 islamic countries. And the world knows that some on that list sponsor terrorism globally.

ok, but your op is disappointing.

Is Togo an Islamic country?

In the list only Saudi and Pakistan can be called Islamic the rest are secular or muslim.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by vanunu: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
agriboom:

Because you really don't know what this Shia group is all about, Shia and BH is like al-Qaeda and Isis, same stupid belief only that one is a little more crazy than the other, like BH, Isis and alqeada the Shia practices have nothing to do with Islam but more with power, womanizing, harassment and greed. If only you know about them or live in societies they stay you'd

Udefinitely be supporting this crackdown.

U are a sunni.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by agriboom: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Voiceinthewilde:

You have a valid point but you have to appreciate the fact that Nigeria though not an Islamic state is dealing with Islamic terrorist (or at least they claim to be) and it will be unwise not to be a part of these countries just because it's identified as Islamic, from this coalition I am sure some ease will come in the form of finance, arms or training, at the very least intelligence, you and I both know Nigeria is not now nor will it ever be an Islamic state so if makes these countries happy to call their union on this Islamic to fight Islamic terrorist shouldn't we atleast support the effort?
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by agriboom: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
vanunu:

U are a sunni.

Am I?
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by agriboom: 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
This is the movement you guys are shouting about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk9JiH2tcUU
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by ari3l(f): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:

Shut up!

There is discrimination amongst the Muslims that I know. The sunni, the Shia, the Tebliks.

Sunni don't like the Shia. Shia calls the sunni demons. So don't form unity when we know what's going on.

Op, Buhari for what I know is trying to do the same thing Yahyah Jameh did. But I know it won't work for him. I know he already has enemies the Shia, and other crisis befalling him.

It's clear we already know what's going on.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
FO.OL LEARN HOW TO CONDUCT YOURSELF IN A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE THIS. YOU'RE NOT A MUSLIM SO STAY CLEAR.

ari3l:

Shut up!

There is discrimination amongst the Muslims that I know. The sunni, the Shia, the Tebliks.

Sunni don't like the Shia. Shia calls the sunni demons. So don't form unity when we know what's going on.

Op, Buhari for what I know is trying to do the same thing Yahyah Jameh did. But I know it won't work for him. I know he already has enemies the Shia, and other crisis befalling him.

It's clear we already know what's going on.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by ari3l(f): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
FO.OL LEARN HOW TO CONDUCT YOURSELF IN A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE THIS. YOU'RE NOT A MUSLIM SO STAY CLEAR.

Truth is bitter, but...fúck it, do I care, we gotta spill it.
Islam has a lot of issues. Sometimes I wonder if you people have shame. The world news is centered on you only with the problems you cause. You come here day call me fool. Between both of us, who's stupíd here?

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by networkgenuis: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
agriboom:

Because you really don't know what this Shia group is all about, Shia and BH is like al-Qaeda and Isis, same stupid belief only that one is a little more crazy than the other, like BH, Isis and alqeada the Shia practices have nothing to do with Islam but more with power, womanizing, harassment and greed . If only you know about them or live in societies they stay you'd definitely be supporting this crackdown.
Mention one instance, just one, where the Shias attacked or bombed anyone. Why do some of you guys hate them like this? Haba!

As for the quoted statement in bold... #sighs
Are those enough reason to kill them? Who are you to judge?
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
So what is your stress ? Why taking panadol for other man headache ?

ari3l:

Truth is bitter, but...fúck it, do I care, we gotta spill it.
Islam has a lot of issues. Sometimes I wonder if you people have shame. The world news is centered on you only with the problems you cause. You come here day call me fool. Between both of us, who's stupíd here?
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by ari3l(f): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
networkgenuis:

Mention one instance, just one, where the Shias attacked or bombed anyone. Why do some of you guys hate them like this? Haba!

I have a little knowledge of islam stories. I can tell you what's happening

After the death of Muhammed, they wanted to announce a new caliph. So the rightful caliph was supposed to be Ali, but other caliphs stole the title from him. I think he conquered Persia and made his stronghold persia. And the Shia muslims do not follow what the Sunni teaches. Thus they say Shia are not the same brothers as they are.

This madness they brought in to present day, and is being practised as ancient time stories. Personally the Shia I have seen do not do those as said by the sunni, but the Sunni (religion and politically) always want to rule and thats where they get problems with the Shia.
If you take a closer look at what's happening in Nigeria, you would have an understanding of what I tell you.
That's why They claim Shia are more closer to Christians and at every attack, they kill Christians together with the Shia. Buhari is Sunni, his Fulani Herdsmen are Sunni, so he would keep quiet when they are attacking Shia and extend the killings to Christians. Confused people, confused religion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by agriboom: 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
networkgenuis:

"sheikh Zakzaky was a political prisoner for nine years during the 1980s and 1990s, accused by successive military regimes of civil disobedience.
His supporters have been involved in many violent clashes with the state over the decades - 120 of his followers are currently in prison - and political analyst Muhammad Kabir Isa says they do constitute a genuine threat.
Mr Isa, a senior researcher at Ahmadu Bello University, describes the sheikh's movement as "a state within a state".
"I know for one that his outfit embarks on drills, military drills," Mr Isa said."

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17908704
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by ari3l(f): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
So what is your stress ? Why taking panadol for other man headache ?

Look who's talking.
Lies about everything religion related to islam. I been following your posts on Religion Section, I figured out you don't know exactly anything about your religion. But I'm done talking to you. Who no get sense, no get sense. Just day.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by madridguy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
So you have been policing me since ? Good to know now. Peace and stop monitoring my movement on NL.

ari3l:

Look who's talking.
Lies about everything religion related to islam. I been following your posts on Religion Section, I figured out you don't know exactly anything about your religion. But I'm done talking to you. Who no get sense, no get sense. Just day.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by ari3l(f): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
madridguy:
So you have been policing me since ? Good to know now. Peace and stop monitoring my movement on NL.

grin Pig feeling special.
Day go jo. I no get your time.
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Macelliot(m): 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
agriboom:

Because you really don't know what this Shia group is all about, Shia and BH is like al-Qaeda and Isis, same stupid belief only that one is a little more crazy than the other, like BH, Isis and alqeada the Shia practices have nothing to do with Islam but more with power, womanizing, harassment and greed. If only you know about them or live in societies they stay you'd definitely be supporting this crackdown.
lies! 98% of terrorist are sunni not shia..
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by Pavore9: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hian!
Re: Is Buhari Turning Nigeria To A Sunni Islamic Country? by flozybk(f): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
when I hear people say that Buhari will turn Nigeria into an Islamic country I laugh coz they don't knw what they are talking about....wen he didn't do it during military regime is it in this democracy he will do it...its impossible... people should stop saying the unimaginable and pray that he succeed in bringing back the lost glory of Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Nails That Buried Nwoye's Hope At APC Gubernatorial Rally Held In Awka Today / The Fela You Have Never Seen Or Heard Before? See Picture & Listen To Music / Can Apc Retain Power In 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.