Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? (1636 Views)

Difficulties In Submitting My CV On Etisalat Recruitment Portal / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! / Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Mrval20(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Good evening good people, please I need someone to help me review my CV and make necessary corrections or suggestions.

Please, send me a pm so I can forward it to your mail for review. I don't advise dropping your email addresses here for security reasons. Thanks in advance.

Waiting for the good Samaritan smiley
Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by funkyjms: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Waiting for your mail

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Hopeyem12(m): 10:42am On Dec 16, 2015
You can send your CV to jobber man for review, visit their site. Wonuade11@gmail.com,

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by ncpat(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
send to ncpat2445@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by funkyjms: 5:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Hopeyem12:
You can send your CV to jobber man for review, visit their site. Wonuade11@gmail.com,

I dislike jobberman review. They have a default response to all CVs. In fact, I dislike anything jobberman!

Mrval20, you've got a mail.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by bakingsoda: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2015
Tip 1: Make it simple
Avoid unnecessary grammar, too much formatting and inclusion of unnecessary information such as the color of your eyes, your best food. Such information is only necessary if you are going for a beauty contest or similar events, in which case you would be given a personal history form to fill.

Tip 2: Display more of your skills than your work experience

This is relevant mostly to job hoppers. Instead of making a list of all your work experiences, you may display two or three of your experiences that are similar to the post you are applying for on the particular CV you are to send to the employer. You may then convert the duties performed at your other jobs (the jobs not displayed on the particular CV) to skills and display them under the skills section of your CV.

The essence of doing this includes but not limited to: not coming across the employer as a job hopper. Some employers view job hopping as a negative career attitude and this may truncate your chance of getting interviewed if the employer in that organisation falls into this category; having a short CV that is filled with information relevant to the job you are applying for, thereby making the employer go through the length of your CV if they like what they see; displaying more skills than work experience on your CV presents you as a versatile individual.

Tip 3: Use a simple layout
I have seen CVs displayed like maps or even worse. A badly designed CV makes it difficult for the employer to go through your CV and this may cause your CV to be trashed even though the content is rich.

In addition, it is important to go through your CV from time to time; this would assist you in identifying any of your skill areas you may need to improve on.

http://www.excellaid.com.ng/blog/three-tips-for-an-attractive-cv

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
Have you tried sending it to GNLD guys at Ikorodu road, Ilupeju?

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Mrval20(m): 5:50am On Dec 25, 2015
funkyjms:

I dislike jobberman review. They have a default response to all CVs. In fact, I dislike anything jobberman!

Mrval20, you've got a mail.
Thank you very much, sir.
Merry Christmas!
Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Mrval20(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2015
bakingsoda:
Avoid unnecessary grammar, too much formatting and inclusion of unnecessary information such as the color of your eyes, your best food. Such information is only necessary if you are going for a beauty contest or similar events, in which case you would be given a personal history form to fill.

This is relevant mostly to job hoppers. Instead of making a list of all your work experiences, you may display two or three of your experiences that are similar to the post you are applying for on the particular CV you are to send to the employer. You may then convert the duties performed at your other jobs (the jobs not displayed on the particular CV) to skills and display them under the skills section of your CV.

The essence of doing this includes but not limited to: not coming across the employer as a job hopper. Some employers view job hopping as a negative career attitude and this may truncate your chance of getting interviewed if the employer in that organisation falls into this category; having a short CV that is filled with information relevant to the job you are applying for, thereby making the employer go through the length of your CV if they like what they see; displaying more skills than work experience on your CV presents you as a versatile individual.

I have seen CVs displayed like maps or even worse. A badly designed CV makes it difficult for the employer to go through your CV and this may cause your CV to be trashed even though the content is rich.

In addition, it is important to go through your CV from time to time; this would assist you in identifying any of your skill areas you may need to improve on.

Thanks a lot for the tips
Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by Mrval20(m): 5:53am On Dec 25, 2015
TheSlyone:
Have you tried sending it to GNLD guys at Ikorodu road, Ilupeju?
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Please, Can Someone Help Me And Review My CV? by kingjosephat(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
bakingsoda:

Thanks so much, you have really relieved me of some of my burden

(1) (Reply)

Employment Vacancies / Sky Integrated Services(sis) / Please Help Me Confirm If The Job Interview Is Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.