Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (87048 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by 4ifyomedon(m): 10:59am On Dec 16, 2015
Anybody that find this wrong should go hang on Transfomer. You should know that as time goes on some of African cultures are been faced out in bits. Thus is the need to kingship to educated persons who can injects such into the cultures. Its called cultural upgrading to time.
Why do u think Emir of Kano had to be Sanusi.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by bigtt76(f): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
The guy sabi whats up naaaa grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by ifenes(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
tomakint:
A wise King showing RESPECT to a ' HIGHER KING OF KINGS' who also remains his CREATOR. Unfortunately, these clowns will never understand that tradition and culture are entrapments to enslave humanity, this King is a wise man.

There is no higher king.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by vigasimple(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Facebook generation does not know that these has been the practice since Sir. Adesoji Aderemi and Oba Sijuwade.

It is not going to change soon. That is why a special seat was made for the Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Orikinla(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
[size=18pt]Only idiots are insulting the Oni of Ife for kneeling in honour of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
You mofos have not even seen the mysteries and secrets of the kingdom that he has seen to bow down and worship our Almighty Olodumare JEHOVAH NSSI.
Kings bow before the King of Kings.
HALLELUJAH!
My father was an IFA priest, so I know what I am talking about.
If you cannot comprehend this, then buy yourself a brain.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by IceDude(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
I just pity the stup!d anti-Christ talking sh!t here. No mortal is greater than the almighty baba God.......The Ooni did the right thing
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2015
The word "Blasting" is even tired of hearing its name. So what will they do,dethrone him? Hypocrites!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Image123(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

ANd the story that a man that died for claiming nonsense 2000 years ago in some village in the Middle east is your saviour is not enslavement?

What if Jesus died in Africa
Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias
With cowries, yams and talismans

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,
Aso Rock, his path on Passover

His cross made of rafia
Stoned with mounds of eba
Alomo passed to him as his soul crossed over

But Jesus didnt die in Africa
No eba was stoned at Golgotha
The son of David had no idea whatsoever
That there was a land called Africa.

What if? The Truth stands for all to believe, He was born in Bethlehem, born that men no more may die. Emir Sanusi and other Emirs have been bowing to their god. You're irked and close to madness to see a man bow in a church. You have a problem.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by slap1(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2015
He who kneels before the Almighty God can stand before anybody.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by femi4: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:

dead jew man that was killed with just two nails can never be greater than our living king
That dead Jew rose on the third day. Your former Ooni is dead and cannot rise again. Your living King will die one day and be buried for life

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Image123(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2015
ifenes:

There is no higher king.
You say this based on faith?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Smooyis(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

ANd the story that a man that died for claiming nonsense 2000 years ago in some village in the Middle east is your saviour is not enslavement?

Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,

His cross made of rafia

Nevertheless He remains the greatest healer, deliverer the world has ever known. The King of Kings and the Lord of lords.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by reubenobi(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2015
mathow55:

smh
no wonder you have not being admitted into uni after all this years you have been writing jamb, olodo oshi
apari omo yakuba

lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by callmelanner(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:

dead jew man that was killed with just two nails can never be greater than our living king
Ahhhh....
Fear God na shocked
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by inme: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
One thing I know is, nobody is bigger than the Almighty God.

God Almighty is greater than any human on this earth and anywhere else

Even the babalawos knows that
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by marleyboy1991: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
This is wrong..the position he holds is still one of the few positions that protect the integrity of the Yoruba Race....those saying he knelt for an higher God are right and in someways wrong because this same king must have had lots of ritual activicties taking place during his coronation ..and now he is on his kneels in church and tonite before he sleeps...he is going to hail the yoruba dieties...
In all this man is confused

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
Who is to be compared unto the king of Kings, UNQUESTIONABLE GOD. LORD OF LORDS. THE ONE THAT KILLS that NO ONE CAN WAKE Up. The Almighty God that enthrones and dethrones. Ooni of Ife simply acknowledge the supremacy of the ancient of day, the GOD that is greater than the greatest. OONI, A WISE KING LINE KING DAVID IN THE BIBLE DECERN THAT ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE REASON HE IS ALIVE AND THAT HE COULD ONLY REIGN AFTER HIS FATHERS.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Infinitikoncept(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
Bethor:
THIS ONI COMPLETELY LOST IT.
OUR CULTURE HAVE NO MIX WITH THE IMPERIALIST, THE CONQUISTADORS AND THEIR RELIGION.
THE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY RE-SCHOOL THIS ONI AND WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS LONG YEARS OF SLEEPING..!!
THIS IS NOT A GAME!
When u hear people like you talk I can't stop laffing. Kindly drop that phone & internet, pack only your Yoruba attire if you have one sha, go back to the mud house your great granny built and start farming on the plantation passed to you with cutlass and hoe. People like you tribalise everything everywhere in the name of culture. U carry culture for head y u no enter interview with your papa dialect if hunger no go wire you. Garrahere

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by hadaydhollarpo(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2015
D book of Colossians says ''....humble self before d Lord n u shall be exhalt in due time''
his last interview with TVC shows hw hi he hold God d all Supreme n Almighty. Here u see sm athetists wud d devil has replaced their medulla with fufu. I dnt know if they thought d Oba dropped frm d moon.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by femi4: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
Chaii see the mumu that is representing us the odua ..

If he wants to represent the Jew, why not go to isreal..
The dude just lost my respect ..
Kilomode e mo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Hefemale: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
As far as Nigerians are concerned, culture is only useful when they need to mask their dislike for homosexuality and other so called 'vices'.. na only that time you go hear say no be African culture.. fucking hypocrites.
I am curious, I want to ask you a question

Do satanist believe in other deity?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by vorigan: 11:08am On Dec 16, 2015
phemmyutd:
Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to express their disgust at the action of the newly-crowned Ooni of Ife who was pictured kneeling in a church. They say it is an affront and rubbishing of the traditional African religion which he is supposed to defend, practise and uphold. On the flip side, some others have blasted him for mixing Christianity with traditional African religions. ‘

‘The Queen of England from the lands who brought you Christianity doesn’t kneel in the church of England nor does she kneel for the god or Jesus, but the Ooni of Ife , a sacred lineage and position that preceded that of England, preceded Christianity now feels the need to insult our culture, people, intelligence and dignity by kneeling in some church! This is just disgusting!”- Teekay Arabambi Akin

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church.jpg

[size=13pt]yeah right[/size]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by nikz(f): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
There's nothing wrong in him showing respect to God infact his reign will be favoured by God himself! King, may God be with you and give you wisdom to rule your pple well. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
Image123:

What if?
If what?

Image123:

The Truth stands for all to believe,
Lies have many versions. The Truth only one.

Image123:

He was born in Bethlehem,
And how does that concern you living in West Africa? Have you ever looked at a map?

Image123:

born that men no more may die.
Yet, more men have died for his name and have been killed in his name. Talk about efficient.. grin grin

Image123:

Emir Sanusi and other Emirs have been bowing to their god.
Their god? Be respectful. It's GOD. angry angry

Image123:

You're irked and close to madness to see a man bow in a church. You have a problem.
Ironic. Coming from one who'd condemn the Pope if he faces Mecca while praying. The OONI's position isn't an ordinary one.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
femi4:
Kilomode e mo
are you referring to me or him?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Lionsclaw: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
I am not a yoruba man BUT today and the first time in my life I give my RESPECT to this Yoruba king. God bless the Ooni of Ife, may your reign be great and the septre never depart from your lineage.
For respecting the KING of all kings HE will in turn make sure men from far and near honour you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by vincentissue(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
A wise king

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Pamelayoung: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2015
Wise Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Bethor:
OUR CULTURE HAVE NO MIX WITH THE IMPERIALIST, THE CONQUISTADORS AND THEIR RELIGION.
THE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY RE-SCHOOL THIS ONI AND WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS LONG YEARS OF SLEEPING..!!
THIS IS NOT A GAME!
I can see you are sick
Bethor:
THIS IS NOT A GAME!
I can see you are sick
Bethor:
THIS IS NOT A GAME!
I can see you are sick

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by ayodele123(m): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2015
U people are talking nonsense. If the Ooni kneels in church he knelt to honour God, not men.Is the Ooni too big to kneel for God? What is African traditional religion that you people are promoting above the worship of the almighty God who created the heavens and the earth? During his coronation ceremonies for 21 days, did he not do homage and obeisance to those idol gods? Are those idol gods above the Almighty God who can kill both body and soul(Matthew 10:28)?To hell with culture! Place your culture above God ? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by nikki44: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,

His cross made of rafia

u r not making any sense u kno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.