Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,086 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (87050 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by anonimi: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2015
No difference with the Alaafin who was strolling in London with his wives.
Same thing with Oba of Lagoon walking London streets with bread in hand.
Just shows the ultimate custodians of our culture have abandoned their inheritance, literally.

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2ltYWdlLmpwZ2VydDI2NC5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2873245_age3_png3f86baa918031a6b47e487a1f62f3ef2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2873246_age4_jpegf8cb19b27f676eb7bcbafd6513aad900
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2015
I said last week....soon Ooni will remove crown and kneel so pastor can lay hand on his head and shout...FAAAAYAH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by femi4: 11:12am On Dec 16, 2015
fluffybaby:

That same God you are talking about said......
Thou shall have no other god(s) besides me
Thou shall not pay homage to any graven image
Nor bow down to them
Nor worship them
For I your God
Am a jealous God.

No servant can successfuly serve 2 masters

He also said the prayers of people who worship Him and other gods are an abbomination befor him

Christians like to shape God and their religion to suit their circumstances.
You can be a King and serve God Almighty. Examples David, Saul etc
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by ifenes(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Image123:

You say this based on faith?

You cannot know anything by faith. If you believe in a higher king by faith,it means you do not know if there is one,but you are only trusting whomever told you there is a higher king.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by manosteel(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Talking about greatest kings that ply this Earth, kings that ruler Nations, King Solomon, King David, King Cyrus, King Nebuchadnezzar etc, these Kings acknowledged the power of the almighty. Is Your Ooni greater than any of these? He knew He needs the real God, not one tiny god in calabash or small hut.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2015
Hefemale:

I am curious, I want to ask you a question

Do satanist believe in other deity?
I do not favour any Gods. Either all Gods are true or all Gods are false.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by donj84: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2015
phemmyutd:
Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to express their disgust at the action of the newly-crowned Ooni of Ife who was pictured kneeling in a church. They say it is an affront and rubbishing of the traditional African religion which he is supposed to defend, practise and uphold. On the flip side, some others have blasted him for mixing Christianity with traditional African religions. ‘

‘The Queen of England from the lands who brought you Christianity doesn’t kneel in the church of England nor does she kneel for the god or Jesus, but the Ooni of Ife, a sacred lineage and position that preceded that of England, preceded Christianity now feels the need to insult our culture, people, intelligence and dignity by kneeling in some church! This is just disgusting!”- Teekay Arabambi Akin

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church.jpg

Am not suprised that people are accusing him for his action..these people accusing him are helping anti christ claim as many souls as possible..thank God the Ooni of Ife is a true christain that know what to be done in the house of God..any post below the heavens is subjected to God..so he is very right for kneeling to the Almighty God
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by femi4: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
are you referring to me or him?
You!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by joshk(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2015
Is he greater than the living God,pls leave him alone,he knws there is aking that is greater than all d kings of the earth combined together,thts y he is honouring God,if u don't like it u can sue him to court or ask God.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by mykohayz(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2015
mathow55:

smh
no wonder you have not being admitted into uni after all this years you have been writing jamb, olodo oshi
apari omo yakuba
grin grin cheesy
Dude, you must be really grounded with yellowba abuses,
Lmao off @ apari omo yakuba grin grin grin grin
Wicked!!! cheesy cheesy wink

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by anonimi: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2015
manosteel:
Talking about greatest kings that ply this Earth, kings that ruler Nations, King Solomon, King David, King Cyrus, King Nebuchadnezzar etc, these Kings acknowledged the power of the almighty. Is Your Ooni greater than any of these? He knew He needs the real God, not one tiny god in calabash or small hut.

Go and read what Apostle Paul wrote about the UNKNOWN God worshipped by Greeks in Athens before you write what may be embarrassing you in reality.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by mykohayz(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2015
mathow55:

smh
no wonder you have not being admitted into uni after all this years you have been writing jamb, olodo oshi
apari omo yakuba

grin grin cheesy
Dude, you must be really grounded with yellowba abuses,
Lmao off @ apari omo yakuba grin grin grin grin
Wicked!!! cheesy cheesy wink

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by hemucology(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2015
ifenes:

You cannot know anything but faith. If you believe in a higher king by faith,it means you do not know if there is one,but you are only trusting whomever told you there is a higher king.

Nah true
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by R0LL0N(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2015
If I am also made a King I will do likewise to the KING OF KINGS.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Brainardc(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2015
Chai.......some Nigerians and their low mentality, i personally don't see anything wrong the Ooni did to warrant blasting.....Ofcourse Almighty God is a supreme ruler, that's why he knelt before him for reverence.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by louis95(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2015
dis king go live longer for respecting d king of kings

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Atigba: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Who crown this barst*ard

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by portals101: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=emamos post=41047536][/quote]

Abi!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by chikaAN: 11:19am On Dec 16, 2015
JESUS is alive and HE is real u better believe and trust HIM and be saved
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by fluffybaby(f): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2015
femi4:
You can be a King and serve God Almighty. Examples David, Saul etc

Did I say a king cant serve God? Did David serve another diety besides Jehovah?
Anytime a king in the bible makes offerings to other gods Jehovah becomes jealous and punishes that king.
When Solomon the king gave offerings to other gods see what happened
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Kings%2011
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by plaetton: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2015
Samuelkirk:
watch your tongue or else U will regret your life

Shut up your silly mouth.

Africa has been regretting since we were duped on the silly stone-age ideologies of the middle East.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Toks2008(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2015
tomakint:
A wise King showing RESPECT to a ' HIGHER KING OF KINGS' who also remains his CREATOR. Unfortunately, these clowns will never understand that tradition and culture are entrapments to enslave humanity, this King is a wise man.

If there is one thing i know about this king,he fears GOD and hge always makes reference to Jehovah as more supreme.

Kudos

Mark my word..he will be the greatest ooni ile ife ever had in the past hundreds of years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Lionsclaw: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2015
marleyboy1991:
This is wrong..the position he holds is still one of the few positions that protect the integrity of the Yoruba Race....those saying he knelt for an higher God are right and in someways wrong because this same king must have had lots of ritual activicties taking place during his coronation ..and now he is on his kneels in church and tonite before he sleeps...he is going to hail the yoruba dieties...
In all this man is confused
Oh yes in those rituals you talk of he was speaking in tongues telling those man made images that he is coming in to kick their butts and burn them all up and lay them as waste at the feet of Jesus Christ the Lord of Hosts. He never valued them in his heart and now that he is king he will in due time destroy them and lead all his people to the Almighty God. And you know the most interesting part any man that allows himself to be used by satan to oppose this king will have himself to blame because the God of the Universe who he acknowledge will take it personal against his enemies and bury them alive for allowing satan to use them wink
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by olumide81(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:

you mean those who bow for jew god are expose?
exposure is a relative word nigger, it is a function of context.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Boss13: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2015
uwa1:
The people talking shld answer this question, Who is higher 'God Almighty or Ooni'..... Then d case is solved.

They are one and the same . The white man calls him God, Yorubas call him Ooni or Oluwa

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by donj84: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2015
chiefolododo:
SON OF SATAN

Sha before you comment on this person, look at the persons name...now to this sonoflucifer,So if he bow down to an idol or a dem god made of wood or clay, what will you say??..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by femi4: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2015
fluffybaby:

Did I say a king cant serve God? Did David serve another diety besides Jehovah?
Anytime a king in the bible makes offerings to other gods Jehovah becomes jealous and punishes that king.
When Solomon the king gave offerings to other gods see what happened
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Kings%2011
And when did you see Ooni make sacrifices to other gods?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by preetyb(f): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:

dead jew man that was killed with just two nails can never be greater than our living king
Your power together with that of ur Ancestors added to that of ur generation put together on u won't be enough to survive the beating he received let alone surviving the pain of nailing just one of ur hand.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by OgundeleT(m): 11:23am On Dec 16, 2015
mathow55:

smh
apari omo yakuba

oponu ayirada, jew slave if u can attain my present status your parent wouldn't have blamed themselves for having you as a child.. you are here defending the god that only exist in your brain by insulting me. omo ale jati jati
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by foody(f): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2015
In summary you all don't have to say anything. in this situation .Why should he be crucified for humbling himself before his maker? the matter is between god and God let the supreme One between god and God fight but leave the Ooni alone and let him be.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by lookingfly: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2015
Fire it is written..... Every knee in heaven, on earth and beneath the earth shall bow at mention of the name JESUS!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2015
donj84:

Sha before you comment on this person, look at the persons name...now to this sonoflucifer,So if he[b] bow down to an idol or a dem god made of wood or clay, [/b]what will you say??..
Don't be miseducated. You can't learn about Engineering from Pharmacists. Same way, you don't learn about a religion from an outsider's perspective.

The pieces of wood and clay are only 'representations' of the Gods, not the Gods themselves. Similar to how Catholics use the rosary, Pentecostals do Holy Communion(spiritual vampires eating flesh and blood), etc etc..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.