Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81389 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by stildude(m): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

Am pained because 100s of dysfunctional orphans have been unleashed into the society!

Am pained because government will still have to use tax payers money to compensate them.

Am pained because this is unlikely to stop their processions.

Am pained because this action will likely deny the military modern weapons from the US.

Am pained because we have achieved nothing with this killing.

Where is the economics behind the bullets and shells used to kill them. The army will have to restock. unnecessary cost

Governments are supposed to act strategically not on impulse, when will we Africans ever think long-term?
Buhari may be trying to reduce the number of unemployed youth to pay 5k per month. Now that is the economics of this govt. Youth watch out. Run for your dear lives.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
jackobi:
The video says it all....Nigerian army chiefs were diplomatic to the core....bunch of lunatics they clearly got what they deserved. God bless Nigerian Army..
I THINK U ARE D LUNATIC HERE!
I have watched d video. d sect didn't attack Brutai. They blocked d road ILLEGALLY. In military cum defence jargon, an ATTACK is not equal to OBSTRUCTING FREE MOVEMENT. In d video, there was no scene where d sect wielded GUNS except for sticks&few machetes. So how did d sect exchange gun fire with d army when they had no guns? If there was an exchange of fire, how come d Nigerian Army has no casualties?(not even one wounded soldier).
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
orunto27:
These are not Nigerians. They are ISIS, holding company of Bokoharam disguising anyhow to destroy Nigeria. The Army is in charge of the territorial security and safety of Nigeria and should deal ruthlessly with all religious disturbances.
U ARE AS SENSELESS AS THOSE WHO LIKED YOUR POST.
I have watched d video. d sect didn't attack Brutai. They blocked d road ILLEGALLY. In military cum defence jargon, an ATTACK is not equal to OBSTRUCTING FREE MOVEMENT. In d video, there was no scene where d sect wielded GUNS except for sticks&few machetes. So how did d sect exchange gun fire with d army when they had no guns? If there was an exchange of fire, how come d Nigerian Army has no casualties?(not even one wounded soldier).

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by freekick: 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bros u too good.
PentiumPro:

Bros, I'm not a person easily sold on emotions. I will rather look at context, merits or otherwise of an action.
I doubt if you would be so foolish to threaten gun wielding and war weary soldiers with clubs, machetes, big stones and catapults and expect them to maintain their cool like those Senior army officers did, while restraining their men.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
mascot87:
This is an eye opener and no where in the world can this be acceptable to any military. Iran supporting Shiit would also not accept this level of impunity
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
For those who don't understand Hausa...I will run a summary of what was spoken.The Shiites insisted that their procession was on going and that nobody had a right of way.The COAS said he wasn't aware and that he should be allowed to pass.The Shiites as you can see,wield matchets and sickles and sticks further buttress that not even the presidency will be allowed passage.They complain about similar killings and the COAS assures them that he's chief and nothing will happen to them.Some deviant ones started shouting they would rather die than allow passage to the COAS,even some Shiites are begging their members to just allow the COAS pass...but the voice of reason took flight.Obedience clearly is better than sacrifice.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by crosbreaka: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
crosbreaka:
[b]i have watched the video released showing army officers asking Shites to clear the road. It is obvious that the Shiite followers of Zakzaky mistrust the army because of last year's tragic incident under the Jonathan administration, when three of Zakzaky's sons were killed and thirty members of his Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, the army can claim anything after watching this video. Both sides could have avoided this incident by letting go their ego. The Shiites brought death upon themselves by blocking the road and confronting soldiers who don't value civilian life and play by democratic rules. This was suicidal in my view on the side of the Shiites.The Zakzaky followers provoked the soldiers going by this video. We however don't know what the soldiers mission was on that road and if the sect members felt threatened or thought the soldiers were on their way going to kill their leaders so they blocked the road and insisted not to clear. There is need for more details especially that the video is cut at one point.

However, let us go by the narration and video we have at hand. The soldiers have "protected" themselves, refused to turn back and cleared the way and have killed those blocking the road.at this point, it is still a road blocking clash and things have happened.

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members? After the road blocking incident, the soldiers continued on the rampage on three different locations synonymous with the Islamic movement in Nigeria, far away from the road blocking incident location. More or less, it was revenge attacks and "lesson teaching" mission by soldiers. The Zakzaky followers were too overzealous and bold to confront the army and they are wrong to display stones, machetes and sticks in front of armed soldiers. That incident has passed. Why did the soldiers continue the attacks and extra judicial killings? I expect them to exercise restraint. And even if the sheikh was to be cautioned, the police or other ways should have been employed to caution him or even arrest him in a democratic dispensation.

So clearly, the video explains the trigger and the mistrust and misunderstanding that happened and both sides lost it and the movement members more or less committed suicide.

After the road block wahala had ended, the soldiers totally lost it and took law into their hands and went on revenge attacks and extra judicial killings. Things are not done like that in democracy. There is police and rule of law.

That is my opinion and you may agree or disagree. What is on ground is pitiful. Hundreds have been killed and properties destroyed. Many homes have been wounded.

May the dead RIP!

We hope justice will prevail and impunity will not continue. Had Jonathan done the needed last year when three of the sheikh's sons were killed along thirty others, a lasting solution could have been found to end the problem of road blocks and mistrust. There is need for confidence building measures and trust with the Islamic Movement in Nigeria to be put in place by the government to reassure everyone that no one is target simply for their beliefs or what they practice and then look for ways of cooperation and understanding to avoid any future mistrust or tragedy.[/b]
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=Trunaijian post=41049398]There was a threat to the lives of soldiers in the convoy. Wether or not the such threats permits the army to use force will be determined in the inquiry. But nobody is above the law. U cant block the right of way from others, especially not the Army that has the mandate of protecting Nigerians and it's territories. [/quote
AS WE HAVE VERY BRILLIANT NIGERIANS SO WE HAVE VERY DULL ONES TOO. YOU ASSERTION REEKS OF IGNORANCE. As much as I concede dat the ROAD BLOCK is ILLEGAL, I want to quickly draw ur attention to d fact that THE MILITARY'S PROTECTION OF NIGERIA'S INTEGRITY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH D BLOCKADE. NIGERIA'S INTEGRITY WAS NOT THREATENED.
ALSO, I have watched d video. d sect didn't attack Brutai. They blocked d road ILLEGALLY. In military cum defence jargon, an ATTACK is not equal to OBSTRUCTING FREE MOVEMENT. In d video, there was no scene where d sect wielded GUNS except for sticks&few machetes. So how did d sect exchange gun fire with d army when they had no guns? If there was an exchange of fire, how come d Nigerian Army has no casualties?(not even one wounded soldier).
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by crosbreaka: 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
[b]i have watched the video released showing army officers asking Shites to clear the road. It is obvious that the Shiite followers of Zakzaky mistrust the army because of last year's tragic incident under the Jonathan administration, when three of Zakzaky's sons were killed and thirty members of his Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, the army can claim anything after watching this video. Both sides could have avoided this incident by letting go their ego. The Shiites brought death upon themselves by blocking the road and confronting soldiers who don't value civilian life and play by democratic rules. This was suicidal in my view on the side of the Shiites.The Zakzaky followers provoked the soldiers going by this video. We however don't know what the soldiers mission was on that road and if the sect members felt threatened or thought the soldiers were on their way going to kill their leaders so they blocked the road and insisted not to clear. There is need for more details especially that the video is cut at one point.

However, let us go by the narration and video we have at hand. The soldiers have "protected" themselves, refused to turn back and cleared the way and have killed those blocking the road.at this point, it is still a road blocking clash and things have happened.

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members? After the road blocking incident, the soldiers continued on the rampage on three different locations synonymous with the Islamic movement in Nigeria, far away from the road blocking incident location. More or less, it was revenge attacks and "lesson teaching" mission by soldiers. The Zakzaky followers were too overzealous and bold to confront the army and they are wrong to display stones, machetes and sticks in front of armed soldiers. That incident has passed. Why did the soldiers continue the attacks and extra judicial killings? I expect them to exercise restraint. And even if the sheikh was to be cautioned, the police or other ways should have been employed to caution him or even arrest him in a democratic dispensation.

So clearly, the video explains the trigger and the mistrust and misunderstanding that happened and both sides lost it and the movement members more or less committed suicide.

After the road block wahala had ended, the soldiers totally lost it and took law into their hands and went on revenge attacks and extra judicial killings. Things are not done like that in democracy. There is police and rule of law.

That is my opinion and you may agree or disagree. What is on ground is pitiful. Hundreds have been killed and properties destroyed. Many homes have been wounded.

May the dead RIP!

We hope justice will prevail and impunity will not continue. Had Jonathan done the needed last year when three of the sheikh's sons were killed along thirty others, a lasting solution could have been found to end the problem of road blocks and mistrust. There is need for confidence building measures and trust with the Islamic Movement in Nigeria to be put in place by the government to reassure everyone that no one is target simply for their beliefs or what they practice and then look for ways of cooperation and understanding to avoid any future mistrust or tragedy.[/b]
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by chinchum(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
When you deny young minds western education, and pump them up with religiousity, they become zombies almajiris like seen in thousands in the video,the Northen leaders starting from Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu bello to current ones failed the Northern populace, events like these reawaken me to express gratitude to Obafemi Awolowo, roughly 50% of yorubas are muslims, but we dont see such extremism amongst them.

The NA exhausted its patience, there could have been a suicide bomber amongst them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by gists: 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
PentiumPro:

I think you all should stop these UNARMED CIVILIANS balderdash
Those guys were fully armed. It's not only when you carry guns that you are armed.
I can only see sticks and one guy with cutlass. But none of them attacked the soldiers even though as I said they were stup!d for blocking the soldiers.
Now tell me, have you seen where people celebrate the passing away of a prominent elder person in any community in port harcourt? They wave cutlasses, drive dangerously on the road with overloaded vehicles but not really attacking anybody.
But going by your thinking, these people can be shot.

I'll repeat it again, these people were stup!d for blocking the Nigerian Army and no sane government in the world will tolerate that act of lawlessness. But their crime is not worth killing people over.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Those guys are cows.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by masqot(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
I've been watching this video for quite some hours and all I can conclude is that those Shi'ite were on a suicide mission. I can't understand why they were adamant on a deadly mission - high level of illiteracy I think.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by snoopdg(m): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
The creator is not an author of confusion and wouldn't send any messenger on such a mission as was carried out by this sect, it is the mother of all effrontery to block the road against any officer of the state more so officers with the COAS in their convoy, guys guys the soldiers would rather die than turn back, appeal was made for passage but fell on deaf ears hence the consequences, though sad but the sect members stood in harms way, the Nigerian Army does not negotiate territory and for them to have to the sect was enough to give the sect members a sense of recognition and boosted their morale but they choose to fight a battle they can not win under any circumstance. Lord mercy on everyone.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Fourwinds: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

when a British soldier was hacked to death in front of a barracks did the British govt order a slaughter of muslims?

continue to justify the brutal actions of security forces, when you or someone close to you have a personal encounter with them you will know better.

remember this same forces can be unleashed against anyone or any group. rule of law is what guarantees our individual right
nonsense.!!! I say nonsense again.!!! u don't know COAS is a symbol not just to d military but d FRN... how do u threaten a man of such calibal in our security force and u expect dis country Nigeria to watch a very stu..pid procession in whatever name dey call themselves... they should take their time oooo.....it is not one person dat has a monopoly of madness oooo

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Kolency(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
kejes10:
Nigeria army were really patient don't know why we always allow region to blinds our sense of reasons. R. I.P to the dead
Religion
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by kenny1313(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
sexaddict08:
yes, but they went too far. Almost 400 or 500 dead!!!! damn.

even if na chickens. think about it.
These pple too went too far. I never belive Nigeria army ll even go down to the level of pleading with them to give dem way to pass!!!
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by okolochyke: 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
after1:
I think this video should on the FP. The Shia messed up but its also wrong to shoot at protesters.

Boss dem beg this people for over 10 minutes

A US Marine convoy subjected to such impunity and weapons would have killed everyone on sight.

I agree that they could have done things differently but I think they were pushed to the wall

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by okolochyke: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
PentiumPro:

Absolutely.
The same people trying to blame the Soldiers would have been the ones to mock them if they've have been killed by those matchete and arms bearing miscreants.
Soldiers are not exactly trained to be civil, they are trained to be aggressive and kill if need be in the process of defending the integrity and sovereignty of Nigeria and the COAS is one of the symbol of Nigerian sovereignty .

Exactly!

At the beginning of the video, the junior officers were ready to shoot but I heard instructions from the senior officers asking them to stand down.

The army was very patient with them

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by okolochyke: 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Orikinla:
TEARGAS WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO DISPERSE THEM.
CHILDREN WERE AMONG THEM AND THE NIGERIAN ARMY SHOT THEM?
WHOEVER SUPPORTS THIS MASSACRE IN NIGERIA IS AS EVIL AND WICKED AS ADOLF HITLER.

So the army should carry tear gas with them on every journey?

What an intelligent man you are

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Ralphlauren(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
okolochyke:

Exactly!

At the beginning of the video, the junior officers were ready to shoot but I heard instructions from the senior officers asking them to stand down.

The army was very patient with them

The junior officers were trying to protect their bosses.

If any of those general had been hurt, those officers would have faced the military court and even dismissed from the army.

Kudos to those three star generals that swallowed all their pride and rights to plead with those lunatics. I'm ready proud of them. They deserve an award. Nigerian army generals of 1900-2014 would never ever have done so grin

Blocking the convoy of a whole chief of army staff. Chai !! Madness !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
AyoolaIgwe:

go and find something to eat

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by okolochyke: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ralphlauren:

The junior officers were trying to protect their bosses.

If any of those general had been hurt, those officers would have faced the military court and even dismissed from the army.

Kudos to those three star generals that swallowed all their pride and rights to plead with those lunatics. I'm ready proud of them. They deserve an award. Nigerian army generals of 1900-2014 would never ever have done so grin

Blocking the convoy of a whole chief of army staff. Chai !! Madness !!

You are right.

Without the intervention of the Senior officers, it would have been far bloodier.

Younger officers are trigger happy, it wont take them 10 minutes to level the whole place. The fact that they spent 10 minutes negotiating with the Shiites is commendable

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AJaylee(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
That's wat illiteracy can cause, I think dey. Get wat dey deserve.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Airfoce1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
I see war coming
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by ctsar: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by josite: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigeria army has a right to defend their lives when attacked, I see cutlasses and sticks and shouts of war .The US MARINES would have left none alive and this is the reason why I moved all the soldiers involved should be courtmartialled for valuable opportunity to teach permanent lesson lost.aja ni ekun a jiya,eni ti o to ni mose to lo de ona de ni ,iya ni o fije..omo nlake to duro de railway.KAI DIS THING PAIN ME O SOJA DEY TALK STORY INSTEAD OF SHOOTING..

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by snoopdg(m): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Any religion that encourages rebellion to constituted authority is no religion but a body of outlaws. Funny is the leaders of these uneducated guys live in tastefully built and furnished houses by the educated but won't allow their followers to learn outside the religion, so sad, were these followers intellectually inclined it would have naturally occurred to them that one don't stand in harms way not to talk of blocking an army convoy with any class of their boss in transit, could they have waited if it were BH convoy that was passing by? an army in uniform is always on a mission so how could they have expected them to turn back because of a gathering of no national priority? The army is in the middle of a war so has the mandate to quell any form of internal insurrection which was exactly what they did? The army was civil enough to have spent minutes trying to talk them into paving way for passage, the sect members should go and add common sense to the knowledge of their religion to avoid a repeat of this sad occurrence. This same set of people would have been the first to accuse the army of cowardice had they even turned back in the name of peace, so in my own view the army did nothing wrong
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.
when you are transporting COAS. you don't move with rubber bullet. the soldiers were right.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by freebird2015: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=mistymoon post=41065873]
See this video you can undrestand who began the conflict: http://en.abna24.com/service/africa/archive/2015/12/16/725290/story.html
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by ctsar: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bollinger:

Water Canon. ...tear gas.....rubber bullets.......could also have been used.
you too dey watch action film...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Alison Madueke Autobiography: ‘Riding The Storms With God In My Sails’ / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.