Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Need A Muslim Name - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Need A Muslim Name (8167 Views)

How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? / What Is D Meaning Of Ur Muslim Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2009
mukina2:

If you have nothing at all to contribute to the thread, which seems to be the case here please ignore it.

as per the christian section please talk of things that you know of. nuff said.

i'm sorry but thats not a rule of the forum. Unless it was invented for muslims specially.
What may be "contribution" to me may not be contribution to you. I contribute to the thread by pointing out a clear historical fallacy . . . why that is a problem is beyond me.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
You knew what you were doing and it definately was not " contributing" to the topic.

Like i said if you have nothing at all to post on a topic then do not post.

Thats it.

Since you are talking about rules, please read the bit about offtopic. why do you people always play/act the victim?
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2009
mukina2:

You knew what you were doing and it definately was not " contributing" to the topic.

Like i said if you have nothing at all to post on a topic then do not post.

Thats it.

Since you are talking about rules, please read the bit about offtopic. why do you people always play/act the victim?

The "offtopic rule" has been abused to include "stuff we are not comfortable with". Tons of alleged "offtopic" posts occur everywhere EVEN on your own Arsenal threads. I dont see you complain when soccer analysis degenerates into name calling . . . you even join the mob.

There is no section where the "offtopic" red herring is invoked more often than the islam section . . . we all know why.

Contributing to this topic should NOT constitute merely naming names alone . . .
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2009
davidylan:

The "offtopic rule" has been abused to include "stuff we are not comfortable with". Tons of alleged "offtopic" posts occurs everywhere EVEN on your own Arsenal threads. I dont see you complain when soccer analysis degenerates into name calling . . . you even join the mob.

There is no section where the "offtopic" red herring is invoked more often than the islam section . . . we all know why.

Contributing to this topic should NOT constitute merely naming names alone . . .

oh really? i guess you are mistaking me for yourself then.
Sports is diverse so dont even give me that.
This on the other hand is something different, she didnt ask You to tell her what names are real or not, her question is simple and straightforward, Need a muslim name.

she didnt say show me the real names or not.

You can do up your own thread if you want to, but you must not derail others thread.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

oh really? i guess you are mistaking me for yourself then.
Sports is diverse so dont even give me that.
This on the other hand is something different, she didnt ask You to tell her what names are real or not, her question is simple and straightforward, Need a muslim name.

she didnt say show me the real names or not.

You can do up your own thread if you want to, but you must not derail others thread.

I've done that several times, it gets derailed and i never see you run up to ban the derailers. There are many threads on the "religion" section that atheists derail DAILY . . . we get no help there. Not that we actually need help of course.

Her question was simple - i understood that fact.
She got names - fair
She however got a name that struck me as completely false, with a false historical antecedent.

I thought it important to bring up that salient point . . . everyone was free to sidestep my point and move on with naming names. Why is that so hard to do? Why do you all get pensive when truths are exposed?
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 12:10am On Jun 10, 2009
Thats why there is a report to Moderator button. Use it, its there for a purpose. If you cannot report posts, then do not run up and blame anybody, deal with it. A Moderator is alos human and cant possibly be on all threads a tthe same time.If you make good use of the report to mod button, then you wil lsee, others use it and it works.
People get warned and only get banned when they keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Even if she got a name that struck you as false, let her be, she asked for a name, she didnt ask you to interpret it for her.

on your last line, please divert your goading tactics elsewhere it does not work for me, truths or lies i cant be bothered so find another channel to pass that one up to.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

Thats why there is a report to Moderator button. Use it, its there for a purpose. If you cannot report posts, then do not run up and blame anybody, deal with it. A Moderator is alos human and cant possibly be on all threads a tthe same time.If you make good use of the report to mod button, then you wil lsee, others use it and it works.
People get warned and only get banned when they keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Even if she got a name that struck you as false, let her be, she asked for a name, she didnt ask you to interpret it for her.

on your last line, please divert your goading tactics elsewhere it does not work for me, truths or lies i cant be bothered so find another channel to pass that one up to.

Its a forum . . . and i wish we all treated it that way and not like a prized possession the way you do. The report to moderator button is probably used more often on this section than most . . . i dont need it, what i dont like i ignore and go home. I wager many of you need to find a life so not everything gets you in a fret.

As regards the "goading tactics", its obviously getting to you lot if not you'd see it for what it is . . . a simple query that you can simply ignore.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 12:23am On Jun 10, 2009
LOL grin grin

Then why are you complaining? stop playing the victim and take the blame for things you did, Dont start whining about being banned or your post got deleted because you posted in the muslim section, which seems to be the fastest way for most of you, You know half the time what you did to get banned or your post deleted but no, you choose to find others doorsteps to lay the blame on.

If you say that they need to get a life what about you? you spend half your time posting in here, checking to see who posted what, so you can go on the offensive .

If your goading tactics get to others the same way theirs get to you which is why you cannot stay away from this section.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

LOL grin grin

Then why are you complaining? stop playing the victim and take the blame for things you did, Dont start whining about being banned or your post got deleted because you posted in the muslim section, which seems to be the fastest way for most of you, You know half the time what you did to get banned or your post deleted but no, you choose to find others doorsteps to lay the blame on.

If you say that they need to get a life what about you? you spend half your time posting in here, checking to see who posted what, so you can go on the offensive .

If your goading tactics get to others the same way theirs get to you which is why you cannot stay away from this section.

making a point is not the same as complaining. And i have a life, i simply have a bit of time to spare to respond to a lot of the drivel that passes for posts around here.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 12:27am On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

making a point is not the same as complaining. And i have a life, i simply have a bit of time to spare to respond to a lot of the drivel that passes for posts around here.

Nuff said. good cheesy
You have a life but you have a bit of spare time to respond. grin grin
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

Nuff said. good cheesy
You have a life but you have a bit of spare time to respond. grin grin

We are not all having a life 24-7 no matter how much we lie about it.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Tudor3(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2009
I agree with you davidylan the way this mukina2 conducts herself you'd think it's an oil company she's running. . . .someone obviously needs to tell her to get a life. Being a mod on nairaland shouldn't be the ultimate of one's life.
@O.P
I've got some names
osama bin laden, hassan nasrahllah. . . .tell me if you need more.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 12:32am On Jun 10, 2009
another one comes in . .welcome cheesy

davidylan:

We are not all having a life 24-7 no matter how much we lie about it.
i am trying to remember where i lied about that. undecided
Re: Need A Muslim Name by DisGuy: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2009
whatever name you choose please make sure it doesnt end with T, K infact any 'hard' consonant especially
if you are Yoruba or else the Yorubas will murder it! in fact the Yorubas will murder any name!

Jubril cool
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
she needs a female name tongue
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2009
Their mummies are preserved in Egypt for you to see

i thought your tutmose I drowned in the red sea with his army?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

so how did they recover his corpse ?  grin grin grin grin

a moment of candor from our resident troll for the christian god ( if this is not trolling, I don't know what is)   grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-274559.0.html#msg3897729

blackspade . . . let me be 100% honest with you. You're in the same boat i was in for a time. There have been times i have wondered if God truly exists or if he cares . . . i have had occasions where i was just too depressed to do anything but lie down and cry silently.

But each time i felt so down, a certain peace i cant understand floods my soul . . . in those moments when i prayed, i felt someone was listening . . that someone cared as long as i was willing to seek for His help.

Your situation is normal, we are still in a flesh that would rather sin than obey the Lord. We live in a society where everyone else who isnt christian seems to be happier and live more fulfilled lives than those of us who carry the bible around. But we also live in a society where God still loves His own no matter how small they may be.

Brother, this is the time to read the bible more . . . this is the time to get involved in bible-believing church, this is a time to surround urself with friends who are interested in the things of God too. We cant go this journey alone . . . that is why Prov 27:17 says - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

God's grace is sufficient for you. Stay firm.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-274559.32.html#msg3898022

Can you ever be truly "happy" as an atheist? Believe you me at some point i started to ignore the church, packed my bibles neatly somewhere and tried to move on with a life without rules . . . turned out to be the saddest periods of my life.

It all depends on how you define "happiness". The bible says extremely little about happiness, it focuses MOSTLY on JOY because both are clearly NOT the same. You can be happy for a fleeting moment but have no joy in you. Having fun is not the same as being happy.

i once said that his repeated attacks on Islam are nothing more than an attempt to shore up the gaping hole in his soul  cry cry cry cry.

abeg, has your so called godgods spoken back to you yet, or do you still 'feel' hethey are listening? don't deceive your self that if you make just one more incendiary post here, he /they will speak back cheesy cheesy

dawoda nackson, addicted to trolling cheesy cheesy

That doesnt bother anyone, we only bring it up when you fools start whinning when we call mohammad a false prophet too.
Ever been banned for making such a statement? No one cares . . .

notice i myself hardly post here anymore . . . i dont think most people needed to "grow up" . . . they probably got fed up with getting banned because of whinny and violent imbeciles.

i told y'all he was a liar when he posted this cheesy cheesy cheesy

davidlyan, the poster child for the failure of the so called love in christianity to redeem humanity - i doubt if there's a more hate filled, vain, hypocritical bible thumper than on NL cheesy cheesy
Re: Need A Muslim Name by origina9ja(f): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ oyb
who did u quote saying all this
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2009
who else, the notorious dawoda nackson cheesy cheesy
Re: Need A Muslim Name by origina9ja(f): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
lol dont tell me undecided
erm davidylan
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Lagosboy: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
Its just a shame davidylan achieved some of his aims on this thread again. The thread has been convenietly diverted into something else.

My fellow bros and sis please its better to ignore most of irelevant comments rather than reply to them. Like Muhsin always says replying to them is helping achieve the aims of the trol in oyb's words.

$osisi:

risi[b]cat[/b]
hali[b]fat[/b]
siki[b]rat[/b]

depending on which ending suits you,cat,rat or fat

Madam u don kolo finally , shey na our beautiful women u cum dey mess with all these names??

In arabic those names in pronounciation do not end with the letter t. The t is silent, it is called tah marubutah in arabic and it is pronounced e.g Risk[b]ah[/b] , Lateef[b]ah[/b], Rashid[b]ah[/b]
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ everyone
thanks so much for your concern, am so proud and happy to be a muslim, all thanks to Almighty God, av finally found a name and is a very precious and blessed one, its NIMOTALAHI which means IDERA OLORUN OBA in yoruba and GODS COMFORT in english, so, "ohun to ba wun boda dafidi ni ko fi enue so" leave him insha ALLAH he will testify to ALLAH soon. i love uncle Olabowale, Aunty Mukiina,boda david too, and my humble uncle Babs787, lagosboy,littleb and others.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by mukina2: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
Lagosboy

I hardly have time to reply their goading posts, but i had to set the record straight.

They never take blames for the things they do , always blaming mods or the admin for being banned or for posts deleted.

uplawal
good you have found your name smiley
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Lagosboy: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
Nimotallah would be best translated in english as God's FAVOUR in my humble opinion but let me double check .

It is a beautiful name i must say as God has bestowed the best favour he can on you which is islam. May Allah bless the name for you.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Lagosboy: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

Lagosboy

I hardly have time to reply their goading posts, but i had to set the record straight.

They never take blames for the things they do , always blaming mods or the admin for being banned or for posts deleted.

I feel you mukinah, they play the victims card to gain sympathy, i just hate it when he succeeds in wrecking havoc to the threads. Anyway wonderful UPlawal our sister Ni'motallah has found a beuatiful name
Re: Need A Muslim Name by muhsin(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2009
This thing always worries me, too. Thats why I many at times prepare to just ignore them. I wish my other fellows could do the same, but,

BTW, Lagosboy, whats the meaning of Riskah? Had never heard of this name.

Nimotallah. This is my younger sister's name. But we only call her Na'ima. wink
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
oyb:

i thought your tutmose I drowned in the red sea with his army? cheesy cheesy cheesy

so how did they recover his corpse ? grin grin grin grin

No stupid . . . no where either in the bible or in recorded history is it said that Thutmose I personally led his army into the red sea. Not all kings rode into battle with their armies . . . Nebuchadnezar and the Assyrian kings are a good example.

As for the rest of your juvenile post . . . no point bothering. Your tool to countering the fraud that depicts the quran is to go copying posts DELIBERATELY out of context . . . what a shameless piece work you are.

I have no gaping hole in my soul . . . Christ has more than filled it. In life we are never on the peak for life, there are valley moments and even Christ and the disciples felt that way at times. If indeed you were as comfortable in the lies that islam tells you i wonder why you are so virulent and completely unstable each time someone points out more lies of mohammad.

Asiya was and remains islam's worst case of lying in the face of glaring history. you can cover it up by going personal as usual.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by olabowale(m): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2009
Niamatallah is the proper pronounciation. Niama (Is blessing; rainfall is a blessing. Good harvest is a blessing).
Risqah is the proper pronounciation instead of riskah (it is a form of blessing, too. Like a dentist's risq is through his dentistry)

@Davidylan: Didn't a king (Pharaoh) perished in the sea while the Children of Israel escaped, scottfree without a scratch, under Moses? It will be interesting to know that your salvarion patriachs, the Jews (yahuud) believe this. I am shocked that you disbelieve it.

Did Nebuchadezzar and the Assyrian kings ever suited up for battle? What will be the point of wearing the armor, except that you as a leader is raedy to fight. All good leaders lead by example. Captain of the ship, if he is a good captain is always the last to leave the ship!

The Bible by exodus 14:28 and Psalm 136:15 tells us that Pharaoh was at the sight of the theater of war, the sea where his force drowned. What the Bible lacked in comprehensive information, you will find in the Quran. It was not only said as a matter of filling up the pages. But the body of the tyrannical King is for all to see.

This is a miracle that Quran has and your Bible lacks. Another proof that the Quran does not rely on the Bible. The Revelation is from The Knower of All Things.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2009
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Didn't a king (Pharaoh) perished in the sea while the Children of Israel escaped, scottfree without a scratch, under Moses? It will be interesting to know that your salvarion patriachs, the Jews (yahuud) believe this. I am shocked that you disbelieve it.

The jews never recorded such. I dont know where you got that from.

olabowale:

The Bible by exodus 14:28 and Psalm 136:15 tells us that Pharaoh was at the sight of the theater of war, the sea where his force drowned. What the Bible lacked in comprehensive information, you will find in the Quran. It was not only said as a matter of filling up the pages. But the body of the tyrannical King is for all to see.

you're lying by omision again -

Ex 14: 28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

Where did it say that Pharaoh was physically there?

Ps 136:15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Again you are committing a fallacy of omision . . . the above Ps doesnt tell us that Pharaoh was PHYSICALLY PRESENT at the red sea . . .

If i say that Bush and his army are invading Iraq . . . does it mean Bush personally carried a gun and led the army to Baghdad?

olabowale:

This is a miracle that Quran has and your Bible lacks. Another proof that the Quran does not rely on the Bible. The Revelation is from The Knower of All Things.

The quran said nothing new, lied about Asiya . . .

the quran has EVERYTHING ABOUT THE JEWS and absolutely nothing about the Ishmaelites . . . go figure.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Lagosboy: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
Egbon Olabs pls leave thi dude to his noise abt Asiya so we could keep the thread relevant. If he really wants he will start a new thread on Asiya.
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
Asiya seems to be biting these dudes in the ass. grin
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Abuzola(m): 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2009
David, u again ? nawa 0, d bible says Abraham and Quran says ibrahim, yet we come to a conclusion that they are one
Re: Need A Muslim Name by Abuzola(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2009
Allah knows the hiden- Asiya is d best name she would love to be addressed with,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Story Of A Man Who Succumbed To Temptation. Inspirational Read !! / Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? / Discriminations Against Muslims...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.