Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS (37972 Views)

Osinbajo Urges Africa Nations To Develop Robust Tax Administration Systems / CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISI / Why Are Wealthy Arab Nations Doing Nothing To Help Muslim Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Owliver(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2015
smartsammie:

You are blessed. I wonder why some old fools won' t take time to think and allow religion to blind them. All they know is fight, war and commotion!!! Haba!!! More than half of Nigerians are Muslims so that has justified Nigeria been an Islamic state. Blockhead. That's why the Northern part of this country will Never develop.
I rest my case
#IslamBad
use wiki. after independent muslims were 51% while cchristians 35% but today 50% of Nigeria are christians while 49 are muslims. upon all their almajiri and 4wives each, i personally know more that 30 former muslims mostly edo and yoruba.... Our God no dey sleep

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by 247Dior(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2015
kenny987:
First, u start by asking what d major problem of Igbos are, with that silly nickname that better describes u and urs. Is CAN an Igbo organisation? Are Igbos d only Christians in Nigeria?

You go further to expose ur unparalleled lack of understanding about these issues. Is Nigeria an islamic country? Should such an involvement not be debated properly within our domain before getting involved? There is a reason Nigeria must abstain from certain labels which otherwise pass a wrong message which begins to confirm certain suspicions and stir the already irate hornet's nest!

On what basis do u assume that more than half of Nigeria's population are muslim? U are the kind that just like to make statements for the hell of it without proper regard and thought.

Nigeria can not be dragged into war between Muslim nations, Nigeria is not a Muslim nation and the coalition is for Muslim nations... so the earlier you get that into your dick head the better for you.....
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Cpumping(m): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2015
BALLOSKI:
The boko Haram we fight here has pledged allegiance with ISIS , so what's wrong in being listed among nations that would fight them?

its not abt listing to fight isis, its tagging Nigeria an arab/muslim nation
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is technically an Islamic Country by virtue of her OIC's membership. I don't see anything wrong in joining a coalition against ISIS if the military force will wipe out Boko haram. It is unfortunate that we tend to neglect the substance to focus on the form of the package.

I disagree with u on this..

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by shidof(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2015
gimakon:

His assumption is the madness of fastest growing religion. That's what is blinding him. Well, islam has a fracture now, I read somewhere that 350million muslims now live as Christians worldwide. They behave like muslims outside but inside they are Christians. Him mind day tell am say for nigeria, ibo man way never chase container finish go become muslim... Na em thinking no mind am
u hrd frm inside ur room or frm ur assumption. Kip living in denial
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

See one of them grin

Nigeria is not an Arab nation. angry

What the hell! A times I just feel some of you are just myopic..I beg to say.

This is not about being an Arab nation or not. We are plagued by boko haram that swore allegiance with Isis. if anything we should be glad that we are among the team who are at the fore front of destroying Isis/boko haram.

imagine Isis getting destabilize! imagine they lack power...resource and man power. now Imagine how that will affect boko haram morale. a lot of them by the grace of God will give up.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by SIRmuel86(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2015
Stupidity is when u are fighting boko and no country from d middle east pledges to help but u pledged to help fight their ISIS.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2015
AustineE1:

You never fail to dissappoint me,where were these Arabs when Boko haram was busy battering and spillaging our land. If there where no ISIS and then Boko Haram keeps attacking us,do you think that the so-called Islamic nations would come to our aid. Except you subscribe to the notion that Arab muslim nations are more important than Africa 'muslim' nations.
When J*njaweed militias was busy committing genocide against fellow muslims who are blacks,in Darfur Sudan. The muslim world kept quiet because they were just black muslims and worth nothing.
My stand on this,is that Nigeria must stay away from such coalition and focus on its joint effort with our neighbouring countries to defeat boko haram.
So because Nigeria was unlawfully smuggled into OIC by thesame PMB/IBB,we should then accept and celebrate the illegality.When we begged the US of A,to sell arms to us,they didnt,sighting flimsy excuses and with the kind of influence Saudi Arabia has on America,they should have helped our cause but they careless.
Get your fact right Mr, PMB has played no role in enlisting Nigeria into OIC. Beside, Christian Obasanjo solidifies our OIC membership by attending their conference in 2002. Muslim Yar'adua re-affirmed our OIC membership in 2008 and Christian Goodluck again validated it by attending their conference in 2013 in Egypt. So you see that Nigeria is an Islamic country contrary to what we are told? Even the constitution recognises sharia rule and sharia courts. Which secular country have that?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by thespokenword: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2015
My opinion on this will be short and simple. You can't just call people out of what they are not. Ask yourself why you were given that name- so as to let it prevail over your affairs. To defeat the fight against islamising Nigeria starts with making her accepting its membership as an Islamic nation. once that is agreed, we are doomed for life as an Islamic nation. If you nuture any doubt, try And change your name,say from Ola to Oloshi, and wait for what awaits you. Remember Jabaze, in the Bible....please this is for the SENSEsible.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by bankylan: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation

What a shallow mind! The main point is making a reference to Nigeria as a Muslim nation and not as Arab. Is Nigeria an Islamic nation? You mentioned Israel, is Israel listed among the 34 nations? This is one challenge I have with semi illiterate people...you don't know and u claim to know. Christians in Nigeria have to come against this. I wonder what Prof Osibanjo is doing
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2015
kaypound:
Are they not fighting boko haram already.
What is the difference btw isis and BH?

Anyways I would advice if my opinion counts is that they should focus on BH and finish with them first except they have intelligence they want to share with other nations concerning isis gotten from BH suspects.

The test specifically said that Nigeria was listed among Arab countries. If they just mentioned countries without the Arab, then we should be partners in progress as ISIS and Bokoharam and about the same people.

Nigeria is not an Arab country. Look at it that way and draw out a judgement.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2015
Cpumping:

its not abt listing to fight isis, its tagging Nigeria an arab/muslim nation

But Nigeria is regarded a Muslim/Islamic state by its membership to OIC
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

BH has pledged alliance to Daesh(IS), so it's more of a splinter terror cell of ISIS in west Africa. Now they want to form a coalition to cut ISIS down to size (much like the MNJTF), you are here claiming islamization of Nigeria. Like say more than half the population of Nigerians ain't Muslims before.
Now that help is minimal and we need as many hands as possible to put an end to this scourge once and forall, CAN is here spilling balderdash.

P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation

Where are you coming from? Nigeria is a circular state as enshrined in the constitution and should not be made an Islamic state. Israel is a circular state which is dominantly Jewish and not an Arab state. The main issue here is, should Nigeria Join in the fight against ISIS? While it may appear appealing to some, it does not make common sense for a country grappling with internal uprisings. If ISIS is destabilized in the middle east, the group is more likely going to move to away from the middle east to other easier terrains of Africa which Nigeria happens to be part of. I would think the government should rather concentrate on the dealing with our internal issues while sharing intelligence with other nations.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by donvicky2007: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2015
P.S. before you start shouting and screaming Arab nations, don't forget that Isreal is also an Arab nation[/quote]

For your information Isreal is not an Arab Nation but a Jewish Nation.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2015
victorels:

The test specifically said that Nigeria was listed among Arab countries. If they just mentioned countries without the Arab, then we should be partners in progress as ISIS and Bokoharam and about the same people.

Nigeria is not an Arab country. Look at it that way and draw out a judgement.

Nigeria is not an Arab country but it is an Islamic state
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I disagree with u on this..
You can disagree but that's the fact na.

When IBB enlisted Nigeria into OIC in 1986 do you think it was for fun? Beside, Christian Obasanjo solidified our OIC membership by attending their conference in 2002. Muslim Yar'adua re-affirmed our OIC membership in 2008 and Christian Goodluck again validated it by attending their conference in 2013 in Egypt. So you see that Nigeria is an Islamic country contrary to what we are told? Even the constitution recognises sharia rule and sharia courts. Which secular country have that?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by jomilojupeace: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Get your fact right Mr, PMB has played no role in enlisting Nigeria into OIC. Beside, Christian Obasanjo solidifies our OIC membership by attending their conference in 2002. Muslim Yar'adua re-affirmed our OIC membership in 2008 and Christian Goodluck again validated it by attending their conference in 2013 in Egypt. So you see that Nigeria is an Islamic country contrary to what we are told? Even the constitution recognises sharia rule and sharia courts. Which secular country have that?
Tonye! seems you are losing it

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by AleAirHub(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Akpors jumped from bed shouting; God save,save me.The wife asked;did u have a nightmare?.he said yes.The wife asked again;where u being chaised by a lion? Akpors replied;lion is even better.i nearly voted for BUHARI again cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by wilcrak: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2015
Most of that nonesense org CAN voted for terrorist Buhari, now you idiots wants a protest God punish all of you.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by ogbukara: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2015
Apc government is this the change you promise Nigerians
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Abeg please helep me tell them o

I'll agree if they say due to our own internal brouhaha we can not partake in what may affect our military strength

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by femifemo123: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2015
Constitutionally Nigeria is a Muslim country.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:20am On Dec 17, 2015
luvinhubby:

If you do not know, the subtle move that ended with the nocturnal and controversial enlistment of Nigeria into to OIC by IBB started in such a similar fashion with Buhari in 1985. What is wrong in building a coalition without calling them Arabs or Moslem coalition and what type of coalition is Saudi Arabia trying to build without Iran in the middle east.

Buhari is gradually dragging Nigeria into an intra-religious Islamic conflict that will make Irag a child's play.

Buhari - Sunni
Saudi - Sunni
Boko Haram-sunni
Iran - Shia
Elzakky-Shia

Try do the Arithmetic and see where am coming from.
Bros, the issue is that our country is technically an Islamic State. A look at the major players in the OIC game will not point to Buhari. Gowon(Christian) made Nigeria an observer/associate member, IBB fully enlisted Nigeria(1986), Obasanjo(Christian) legitimise it by participating in OIC Conference (2002), Umaru Yar'adua re-affirmed it by renewing her membership(2008) and Jonathan (Christian) like Obj attended OIC conference in Egypt (2013). While the constitution claimed that Nigeria is secular, it still recognises Sharia rule and sharia courts. In Nigeria, the Islamic sharia rule is fully practised in parts of the country. A secular country with religious pilgrimage boards that it funds. Nigeria is not secular. Rightfully, we are technically an Islamic Country.

1 Like

Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2015
shidof:
u hrd frm inside ur room or frm ur assumption. Kip living in denial

Oga travel outside nigeria and see things for yourself. No day listen to nairaland news. Not all they rant here is true.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by Morizo(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2015
GogetterMD:

You are a yam head to vomit this rubbish from ur empty head. Do u know d difference between Muslims, Arabs and Jews? Nigeria can never be listed amongst Arab Nations or Muslims for that matter. Neither can Christians claim ownership. That's why its called a plural nation. Clown!
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by femifemo123: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2015
Hefemale:
Saudi should look for a replacement cos Nigeria is not an Islamic nation
Constitutionally Nigeria is a Muslim country.
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by ibietela2(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2015
thunder74:
I won't make any comment until I hear what passingshot has to say because there are many things we said would happen and some are happening already.
#iamnotamuslim #iamanigerian

That IB slave ?
Re: CAN Protests Moves To List Nigeria Among Arab Nations To Fight ISIS by smartsammie(m): 8:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Owliver:
use wiki. after independent muslims were 51% while cchristians 35% but today 50% of Nigeria are christians while 49 are muslims. upon all their almajiri and 4wives each, i personally know more that 30 former muslims mostly edo and yoruba.... Our God no dey sleep

Thank you oooo.. Let them know!!!! Why will I see Light and run go meet darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomole To Resume Work On Friday / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Melaye's "Emi Lokan" Mockery Dance / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.