Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,701 members, 7,844,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form (42122 Views)

Saraki's Assets Declaration Form Has Been "Tampered With" - Lawyer / Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps / Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari’s Assets Declaration-PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by danbrowndmf(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Ahmed0336:
PMB is smart grin
Very smart. Who so ever is plotting this thing for him is the smartest.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2015
simplemach:
Before now, they did not want to make the declaration public, just so that adjustments like this can be made. Earlier also we were told he has about a hundred cattle, now it has risen to 270. Two houses were reported befor now, the one in kaduna and the one in Daura which he borrowed money to build now they are four house. And the biggest of the scam is; they said farm, without telling us what the farm looks like. I bet u, by the time he is out of office, that same farm u heard will be competing with Otta farm and then they will say he mentioned 'FARM'
What a SCAM!
No mind them, we are fools they thought so.
Oya APC Supporters come and defend this
Passingshot come and analyse abeg.
BlackPeni5:
Declaration of property gotten from the fruit of corruption does not invalidate the source of the property.
What did u have to say about this too?@Passingshot

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by jammyunn(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2015
so Dasuki gave him the cars as a well wisher after the attacks? that's good
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by helpee(m): 8:52am On Dec 17, 2015
lastpage:

Ooponu, Ekpaa! angry

Protecting a Presidential candidate and Ex-President (Buhari) is part of the job and responsibility of our Security Apparatus!

Compare that to using Security?Arms money to flex Linda Ikeji or to run Campaign adverts for PDP, on AIT... courtesy Dokpesi
undecided

Lastpage!
so why didnt he specifically say that he got the money from NSA? why say they were given by well wishers? for your information, protecting every citizen is a job of security apparatus not just ex-presidents and in the course of protecting cittizens, they may need to employ media people to disseminate vital informations and that may involve AIT. tell me, where did buhari get the money from his campaign? can you tell me APC didnt use lagos money and rivers money to fund campaign.?that one na open secret every other thing na witchunt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Dbboy(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Included or not does it make it any right, what we all know is that such present were bore out of illegality and thievery of our money.

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by tiwiex(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2015
simplemach:
Before now, they did not want to make the declaration public, just so that adjustments like this can be made. Earlier also we were told he has about a hundred cattle, now it has risen to 270. Two houses were reported befor now, the one in kaduna and the one in Daura which he borrowed money to build now they are four house. And the biggest of the scam is; they said farm, without telling us what the farm looks like. I bet u, by the time he is out of office, that same farm u heard will be competing with Otta farm and then they will say he mentioned 'FARM'
What a SCAM!

I must agree with you here even though I am a Buhari fan. His asset declaration is too vague. We don't know the number of cars he has. Even if he was given by friends, there should be a number. Car no be biscuit. As it is, he could have 100 cars and the asset declaration covers that number since it is vague. It can even be 1,000 cars. The number of cars given by Government is not even clearly stated. This asset declaration na wuru wuru. Dem dey use us play game.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by agabaI23(m): 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
The title of the thread says "Gift of 2 jeeps captured......

I read the article and saw this bolded:

"The documents also showed that the retired General “uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State. The rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014".

The only 2 jeeps mentioned was the ones bought with his savings.

The poster highlighted " the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State." in red meaning it is the core of the post.

After that, he also highlighted "The [b]rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014[/b]".

A close analysis of these will suggest that the vehicles he gets from the government were intact. No number was given. It was vague. you cannot say categorically that the jeeps given to him by Dasuki was part of that and there was no suggestion that they were less than the number. Rather the phrase "after [b]his jeep [/b]was damaged" suggests that the damaged jeep was one of those he bought from his savings. We have not all forgotten how much he wanted to distance himself from the government to the extent that APC said he only accepted 10% of his entitlements. Entitlements of former leaders are handled by the SGF office not NSA. Keyamo's position also supports this.

Dasuki's gift was more likely to be part of the rest donated by well-wishers....Number was no given.

I don't see how this article changes anything.

Buhari bring back the SUVs and the $300K

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by llaykorn: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
amtaken:
So if you steal and declare it's no longer stealing?

If this is the way folks here reason, then I will have no other choice than to cease coming here.

I hate mingling with fish brains.

Yuck!

Where's the stealing there? Yes, you shouldn't mingle with fish brains when you're one; it just worsens your condition. smiley
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by BlackPeni5: 8:55am On Dec 17, 2015
Demdem:

Senseless post. By law, he is entitled to three vehicles every four years. Fg cheated him and gave him two. The only corruption I see here is against the General whom Jonah-daft officials shortchanged.

If a Man steals money to buy a car as a gift for his wife, the man will be arrested and the gifts confiscated.

Dasuki stole money and bought a Car (though his entitlement) for Buhari. The source is faulty, thus it is the fruit of misappropriation which must be confiscated. The same way Raymond Dokpesi is not supposed to collect money for campaign from the NSA is the same way Buhari should not collect his entitlements from the NSA because Dasuki is not constitutionally empowered for those functions.

Try dey think small...its not so hard.

4 Likes

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by noleon22(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2015
femmykenny:
Gain Admission to 200 level without Jamb, register now at www.aboutijmb.com

Fruadsters everywhere! The present administration is fighting corruption, and here u are trying to beat due process! Nigeria go better for mouth...
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2015
TopeQs:

Really, I think I need to start hoarding dollars, by the time it get to 500, I'll start spending mine..........grin
risk, uncertainty
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2015
Baba Buhari Mai gaskiya!
Prof. Osinbajo our man!
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
Abegi, no comment again d asset declaration form has said it all. let PDP go and die.
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by amusadele: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
Nigerians will know the actual meaning of ADJUSTMENT by the time this riff raff call Buhari is through with this country. Take it from me that Buhari is the biggest thief. A government that include Thiefnubbu, include Amaechi, Fashola, Atiku. Bet me, these people will finish up this country.

3 Likes

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Excuzeme: 8:59am On Dec 17, 2015
biafranqueen:
This is worst then Auntie Stella case because her bullet proof cars were not personal gifts they belong to the Government and when she was kicked out of office the cars stayed and now the APC Aviation Minister is enjoying his saftey.

This is corruption of the highest order! So now he claimed the Jeeps bought with Nigerian people's money as his personal asset, and we are calling him "A Man of Integrity" so claiming $300,000 dollars worth of bulletproof jeep bought with government money is honesty in the heads of zombies? Wonders shall never end......

Yea, l guess you aunty "Stealler" Oduah is a former President who is entitled to 3 Cars, right?

....and she was supposed to buy it for herself?

If l slap you ehn, even thunder go hear-am, runaway
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Pidggin(f): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2015
He received gifts funded with money mearnt to purchase arms and he said it was from "Well wishers" not FG.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by allthingsgood: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2015
simplemach:
What a SCAM!

Its unfortunate. You chose to live in a fantasy. PMB can never stoop to your level
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Excuzeme: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2015
lorenzo9096:
all this APC fools are so dumb. it was more than thirty years buhari since buhari became former head of state, so if he says he got some cars from the federal government in his asset declaration, it is not some thing you should start celebrating. by the way, he never said he got all those cars from federal government last year which was the year he coined dasuki to use money meant for arms procurement to buy SUVs for him... however, the question here is,

1- was he getting his other entitlements from the ONSA before dasuki bought the SUVs for him?

2- why would dasuki use money meant for arms procurement to buy cars for him.

3- did dasuki say the money and the SUVs is for buhari entitlement or just a mere gift?

if the answer to my first question is "no" that means buhari is one of those that ate our arms deal money and he should be probed.

Unfortunately for you, [size=14pt]the answers are YES![/size]

Now run along.

2 Likes

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Pidggin(f): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2015
simplemach:
What a SCAM!

On point!

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by allthingsgood: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2015
BlackPeni5:

If a Man steals money to buy a car as a gift for his wife, the man will be arrested and the gifts confiscated.

Dasuki stole money and bought a Car (though his entitlement) for Buhari. The source is faulty, thus it is the fruit of misappropriation which must be confiscated. The same way Raymond Dokpesi is not supposed to collect money for campaign from the NSA is the same way Buhari should not collect his entitlements from the NSA because Dasuki is not constitutionally empowered for those functions.

Try dey think small...its not so hard.

Yea except that in Buharis case, its his statutory entitlement backed up by law. In Dokpesi's case, it is illegal to use Nigeria's money for your personal publicity.

It seems you are the one not thinking here
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by agabaI23(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
The title of the thread says "Gift of 2 jeeps captured......

I read the article and saw this bolded:

"The documents also showed that the retired General “uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State. The rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014".

The only 2 jeeps mentioned was the ones bought with his savings.

The poster highlighted " the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State." in red meaning it is the core of the post.

After that, he also highlighted "The [b]rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014[/b]".

A close analysis of these will suggest that the vehicles he gets from the government were intact. No number was given. It was vague. you cannot say categorically that the jeeps given to him by Dasuki was part of that and there was no suggestion that they were less than the number. Rather the phrase "after [b]his jeep [/b]was damaged" suggests that the damaged jeep was one of those he bought from his savings. We have not all forgotten how much he wanted to distance himself from the government to the extent that APC said he only accepted 10% of his entitlements. Entitlements of former leaders are handled by the SGF office not NSA. Keyamo's position also supports this.

Dasuki's gift was more likely to be part of the rest donated by well-wishers....Number was no given.

I don't see how this article changes anything.

Buhari bring back the SUVs and the $300K

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Excuzeme: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
helpee:
so why didnt he specifically say that he got the money from NSA? why say they were given by well wishers? for your information, protecting every citizen is a job of security apparatus not just ex-presidents and in the course of protecting cittizens, they may need to employ media people to disseminate vital informations and that may involve AIT. tell me, where did buhari get the money from his campaign? can you tell me APC didnt use lagos money and rivers money to fund campaign.?that one na open secret every other thing na witchunt

Let me help that Poster.

Read the Asset decalaration form again.

It never said you should state the SOURCE of your asset..

Juts require you to state your Assets.

So, how and why do you expect Buhari to say the SUV's were given to him by Dasuki?

Moreover, the Bombing was a security issue... and the NSA was in charge of such issues.

It was not even a gift (read what Keyamo wrote). It was an entitlement of an Ex-President, especially one just suffered a bomb attack, as a presidential candidate.

Use Brain abeg!
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by lolu20: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
we are talking about "source" here.u guys r talking about "declaration".Apecites,use ur head.

1 Like

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by baski92(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
helpee:
unfortunately, na you no get brain. read this from the asset declaration....he rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014. so dansuki is the well wisher wishing him well with money meant for arms. common dont be a zombie
like yes of course, If he new dasuki stole the money he up use to buy the cars, I trust PMB, him no go collect am
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by BlackPeni5: 9:05am On Dec 17, 2015
allthingsgood:

Yea except that in Buharis case, its his statutory entitlement backed up by law. In Dokpesi's case, it is illegal to use Nigeria's money for your personal publicity.

It seems you are the one not thinking here

It is Dokpesi's constitutional right to get paid for services rendered. So I don't understand what you are saying here. Stolen money is stolen money irrespective of what it is used for....forget story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by fesangbedo: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
TO put this matter to rest the President should publish is asset declaration form.
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by Excuzeme: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
amusadele:
Nigerians will know the actual meaning of ADJUSTMENT by the time this riff raff call Buhari is through with this country. Take it from me that Buhari is the biggest thief. A government that include Thiefnubbu, include Amaechi, Fashola, Atiku. Bet me, these people will finish up this country.

I hope that @Mod will read comment like this with the insult on the President, and BAN the poster but hell "No"!
Calling our President and Commander in Chief "A Thief"! shocked shocked

There are so many insulting comments here that this MOD has turned a blind eye to.
Double standards is shameful!

@MOD will pick and chose which poster im wan BAN..... acording to their tribe and political leaning!

Nonsense and Ingredience!
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Dec 17, 2015
jomilojupeace:
he is a wrong choice to be a moderator. maybe seun is also partisan I dont know
For their pocket.
Re: Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form by lolu20: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2015
is it dat Apecites can't understand what is going on.a gift given to u from a stolen money.u r implicating buhari the more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 63rd Birthday As Family Sings For Him (Video) / Anambra: Igbokwe Wails Over Apc’s Failure, Says Igbos Will Remain Onlookers / ADAMAWA. Mr. Bala Ngilari Taking Oath Of Office As Governor. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.