Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,449 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Africans And Superstition - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africans And Superstition (7375 Views)

‘clear Myth And Superstition’? / [superstition] The Making Of Smart Morons / Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 8:40am On Dec 19, 2015
emrain:
there are forces in this world. take it or leave it.

but the truth is that anyone can learn to control some of these forces, or at least study these forces.

from the Pope to the local palmist, all of them are the same. we've just chosen to give them different labels and revere them based on our experiences and exposure.

they are all witches and wizards.

I personally think it's a mind thing though, because inasmuch as I think these forces exist, I have not experienced it, but I've seen its effect on other people.
the op is under satanic spell but he did not know it, satan want you to believe he doesent exist. Have you ever seen a satanic trying to proved the existence of satan ? , satan want you to believe him or hell does not exist. mention HELL to him and see how he freak out. Do you know how many times I have seen a man speak in uncontrolled voice? (double voice).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
the op is under satanic spell but he did not know it, satan want you to believe he doesent exist. Have you ever seen a satanic trying to proved the existence of satan ? , satan want you to believe him or hell does not exist. mention HELL to him and see how he freak out. [size=15pt]Do you know how many times I have seen a man speak in uncontrolled voice? (double voice).[/size]

He'll soon provide a scientific explanation for that grin
Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 8:57am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

He'll soon provide a scientific explanation for that grin
to deceived himself even more.
Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07am On Dec 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
to deceived himself even more.

Its funny how atheists blindly clutch unto theories and bullshit . We take a more pragmatic approach when discussing God . Tell me a cripple started walking , they say its scam and fraud . They were not there to know if its true or not but they are sure its fraud . They now apply this same half-baked reasoning when talking of the genesis of the universe . "We are sure the universe has a cause and we are sure its not a creator" .

Deception of atheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its funny how atheists blindly clutch unto theories and bullshit . We take a more pragmatic approach when discussing God . Tell me a cripple started walking , they say its scam and fraud . They were not there to know if its true or not but they are sure its fraud . They now apply this same half-baked reasoning when talking of the genesis of the universe . "We are sure the universe has a cause and we are sure its not a creator" .

Deception of atheism
God bless you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
dalaman:

Belial Dragons are real,5 years ago, one Belial dragon attacked my nephew late in the night. Once i noticed the attack, I quickly recited some verses from the Egyptian book of the dead calling on Amun Ra for help and protection. God Amun answered my prayers swiftly and the dragon turned into a lizard, i kicked the lizard and it turned into a yellow fish with 4 diamond horns, I quickly reached for the diamond horns , but the yellow fish vanished while screaming my nephews name. May Rah be praised above all the Gods.

malvisguy212:
witches are real, many of my brothers were killed by witches, in 1992 they came for my junior brother in our room, I don't know what woke me up that night, but I believe it is God. with boldness I say to the witch, get out from here, the witch walk backward into the wall and vanished. Two weeks leter, mysterious fire burned down the shrine in the village.

He thinks you are lying so he decided to create a dumb story .

Sums up atheism - there is no reality in anything they dont understand

cool

The lies and deception of atheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by dalaman: 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

He thinks you are lying so he decided to create a dumb story .

Sums up atheism - there is no reality in anything they dont understand

cool

The lies and deception of atheism

I am not lying. Prove to me that am lying and he is telling the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by dalaman: 11:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Deception of atheism

You should be able to make a cripple work if Christianity is true. The fact that you can't proves that Jesus lied and that Christianity is false.

2 Likes

Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
dalaman:

I am not lying. Prove to me that am lying and he is telling the truth.

You dont believe in superstition , gods , mythology , spiritualism because according to you there are no evidences to support them you . So for you to narrate a similar story with characters you see as fictitious means you are lying . If the story were true , you wouldn't be an atheist .

Intelligent rational thinkers indeed
Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
dalaman:

You should be able to make a cripple work if Christianity is true. The fact that you can't proves that Jesus lied and that Christianity is false.

I can't . God can . Though I'd be glad if He wants to use me
Re: Africans And Superstition by dalaman: 3:32am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You dont believe in superstition , gods , mythology , spiritualism[b] because according to you there are no evidences to support them you[/b] . So for you to narrate a similar story with characters you see as fictitious means you are lying . If the story were true , you wouldn't be an atheist .

Intelligent rational thinkers indeed

According to me or according to reality?
Re: Africans And Superstition by dalaman: 3:39am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I can't . God can . Though I'd be glad if He wants to use me

John 14:12-14

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Didn't Jesus lie when he made this statement? If this is true then why aren't we seeing it any where? Why are you unable to do any thing that Jesus promised you despite your huge belief? Is it not because the entire promise is fictitious and a lie?

1 Like

Re: Africans And Superstition by Objectives: 11:24am On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
the op is under satanic spell but he did not know it, satan want you to believe he doesent exist.

You are a christian I guess, is it not possible that Allah has put a spell on you so you won't believe he really exists or so you won't realize that christ did not resurrect from the dead?

I think its rather unfortunate that theists always want to demonize any school of thought pointing out flaws, loopholes and negative effects of religion on the society.

I'm sure the Op did not particularly mention any religion, but as is the norm, the religion you have been indoctrinated with puts you under permanent obligation to curse and fight back anything on the opposite side of what you have been taught.

Sir

With due respect
, the truth you think you know as a christian isn't absolute, same applies to all other forms of religion, you only know what you have been indoctrinated with.

What you think of christianity today would have been the exact opposite if you were born into the family of one Alhaji Shehu Umaru in Bauchi state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
Objectives:

You are a christian I guess, is it not possible that Allah has put a spell on you so you won't believe he really exists or so you won't realize that christ did not resurrect from the dead?

I think its rather unfortunate that theists always want to demonize any school of thought pointing out flaws, loopholes and negative effects of religion on the society.

I'm sure the Op did not particularly mention any religion, but as is the norm, the religion you have been indoctrinated with puts you under permanent obligation to curse and fight back anything on the opposite side of what you have been taught.

Sir

With due respect
, the truth you think you know as a christian isn't absolute, same applies to all other forms of religion, you only know what you have been indoctrinated with.

What you think of christianity today would have been the exact opposite if you were born into the family of one Alhaji Shehu Umaru in Bauchi state.
I was not born into Christianity. I was born into muslims family. So all what you wrote here is of no use.
Re: Africans And Superstition by dalaman: 1:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
I was not born into Christianity. I was born into muslims family. So all what you wrote here is of no use.

There are many Christians that have converted to Islam, so you also have no point. But the fact remains that over 97% of the adherents of any religion were born into it.

1 Like

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
dalaman:

There are many Christians that have converted to Islam, so you also have no point. But the fact remains that over 97% of the adherents of any religion were born into it.
yes, so what he is saying make no point.
Re: Africans And Superstition by Oselumhe: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
johnydon22:
I heard shouts, people were screaming at top of their voices. Young men wielding long whips and sticks and machetes.

The shout grew and cracks of whips followed, painful groans rented the air, not that of children, not young men but old men and old women.

Cries from the old as the young meted out on them cruel treatment of a mindless nature..

Different kinds of relics, talisman and clothes of different colours were taken out from their homes and burnt while they looked on with whips on their back..

What was their crime?

they were accused of being witches and wizards and their involvement in the traditional practice was supposed to be proof of this.

Many of these youths have relics of Jesus hanging on a cross, Virgin mary standing ever pious, pastors smiling in pictures hung on their homes and religious talisman hung on their necks.

Why is it that the old men are accused of being evil for keeping a relic of their own belief but you have yours tied around your neck?

This was a sad event that took place right before my eyes in my home town..

Old men and women were accused of being evil, their homes invaded, dragged out into the cold, beaten and disgraced with no shred of evidence to support the idiotic accusations but mere speculations and nonsensical effects of abject phobia for flimsy superstitious suspicion.

Nobody cared for the evidence of their crimes, no human bone or skull was found on them, no gun was found on them they only kept relics of their beliefs and that automatically makes them the bad ones.

This is the case in a thousand and one places through out Africa not just my home town have seen such mindless idiocy from the youths but the whole of southern Nigeria is neck deep in such imbecility.

Africans needs to grow out of these sheepish superstitions.

Africans needs to stop being Afraid of imaginary foes.

Africans needs to out grow the unjust lynching of old men and women and even little children with the tag of witches and ogbanje.

Africans needs to stop regarding little illnesses to be attacks by demons.

Africans should outgrow idiotic fear of terming owls witches when they cry at night

Africans needs to stop regarding convulsions to be demonic possessions.

Africans needs to stop pointing at rats running about the room to be witches

Africans needs to outgrow blaming an imaginary succubus and incubus for sleep paralysis.

Africans simply needs to outgrow sheepish baseless superstitions that are only products of their own fears and unbalanced mind insecure in their own self.

the hold such simplistic superstitions have on many minds is disturbing, the rate by which violence is being meted out on unsuspecting souls because of insecure unsure speculations and assumptions from a fearful mind is demeaning.

when will we outgrow the fear of abstract things that are not there?

when will flimsy placebo not being dubbed the work of spirits.

when will pastors and men of god stop dipping africans deeper into these superstitions and fears of ancestral spirits and grandma witch craft.

When are we going to outgrow falling prey to cheap con men wielding bibles and roman collar suits accusing an uncle from the village of being the architect of our economic conditions.

when will africans learn one can never change an economic status by praying for it, if wishes worked we all would be richer than Bill Gates now.

when are we going to untangle our minds from such retarding and demeaning beliefs roped around our fears of the unknown or the insecurity of our beings.

If we are going to grow as a people we need to first of all develop psychologically and ideologically and this means we have to shed much of these disturbing superstitions and mindless idiocy and primitive state absurd superstitions has thrown us into..
So you believe in a deity
Re: Africans And Superstition by johnydon22(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Oselumhe:

So you believe in a deity
No sir i don't

1 Like

Re: Africans And Superstition by Objectives: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
I was not born into Christianity. I was born into muslims family.

Sorry, Maybe you weren't born into a christian family, I only used that scenario to let you know you would have easily been practicing a different religion today.
But going through my post, you would have observed that it was centered on indoctrination, even if you were born into a muslim family and decided to choose christianity at some point, that process of indoctrination still took place.

At some point, some one introduced christianity to you and started convincing you that islam wasn't the way, same way some one born into a christian family starts seeing more sense in Islam and switches camp as a result.

Indoctrination;

to teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas,
opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not
consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs

The essence of which is to make you see what you are being taught as the truth, demonizing others in the process.

Merci.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Objectives:

Sorry, Maybe you weren't born into a christian family, I only sighted that scenario to let you know you would have easily been practicing a different religion today.
But going through my post, you would have observed that it was centered on indoctrination, even if you were born into a muslim family and decided to chose christianity at some point, that process of indoctrination still took place.

At some point, some one introduced christianity to you and started convincing you that islam wasn't the way, same way some one born into a christian family starts seeing more sense in Islam and switches camp as a result.

Indoctrination;

to teach (someone) to fully accept the ideas,
opinions, and beliefs of a particular group and to not
consider other ideas, opinions, and beliefs

The essence of which is to make you see what you are being taught as the truth, demonizing others in the process.

Merci.
I know you will still find way to disagree with me, anyway thank you for your time.
Re: Africans And Superstition by Objectives: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
thank you for your time.

Was my pleasure.
Re: Africans And Superstition by Objectives: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: Africans And Superstition by djdoxxx(m): 12:27am On Dec 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao.. i asked "if they achieved their economic state by praying for it?" not whether you will get there or not

here again was my post " when will africans learn one can never change an economic status by praying for it, if wishes worked we all would be richer than Bill Gates now."

Am sure i never said Africans should see developed countries don't pray.. People are religious in every society

You only showed countries that prayed not that they achieved economic improvement through prayers which was exactly what my post implied..

Maybe you should review what you think you proved wrong, stop reading your own meaning into someone's assertion.. quite hilarious i must say..
You still find time to reply the dung this dude poos Always arguing out of context...very hilarious!!! The dude is sick.
Re: Africans And Superstition by urahara(m): 7:35am On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Deception of atheism

Umm let me see an amputee hand grow back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by Rilwayne001: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2015
OMG!!! shocked This nigga can lie ehnnn.. Dayummmn! Atleast try and minimize your lies, if those around you are foolish to believe your lies, we here are not fools.. okay?

malvisguy212:
witches are real, many of my brothers were killed by witches, in 1992 they came for my junior brother in our room, I don't know what woke me up that night, but I believe it is God. with boldness I say to the witch, get out from here, the witch walk backward into the wall and vanished. Two weeks leter, mysterious fire burned down the shrine in the village.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2946275_ismelllies_jpeg2c332a58791119a1832457660f6ef6a7

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2015
urahara:

Umm let me see an amputee hand grow back

You'd see that but Im not sure you'll ever see something coming from nothing wink
Re: Africans And Superstition by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2015
djdoxxx:
You still find time to reply the dung this dude poos Always arguing out of context...very hilarious!!! The dude is sick.

Like arguing that rich religious people are secretly practicing atheism

How low can you guys get out of desperation
Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:

OMG!!! shocked This nigga can lie ehnnn.. Dayummmn! Atleast try and minimize your lies, if those around you are foolish to believe your lies, we here are not fools.. okay?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2946275_ismelllies_jpeg2c332a58791119a1832457660f6ef6a7
did you smell lies when muhammed claims to have encounter with a spirit ? Even when NO one bear witness of his encounter. The spirit muhammed encounter is different from the spirit Mary, Zakaria and the rest encounter YET you believe muhammed.
As a matter of fact, muhammed did not even speak directly with allah , he receive message through an angel , yet you believe him.
Re: Africans And Superstition by Rilwayne001: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
did you smell lies when muhammed claims to have encounter with a spirit ? Even when NO one bear witness of his encounter. The spirit muhammed encounter is different from the spirit Mary, Zakaria and the rest encounter YET you believe muhammed.
As a matter of fact, muhammed did not even speak directly with allah , he receive message through an angel , yet you believe him.

[b] Lool! shifting the post as usual. You lied up there, you should admit it. We are not foolish if the people in your environment are fools. You keep your lies to your environment and not further bring it here.

peace..
Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lool! shifting the post as usual. You lied up there, you should admit it. We are not foolish if the people in your environment are fools. You keep your lies to your environment and not further bring it here.

peace..
alright!!! How do you know I am lying ? Do you know me ? Have we meets before ? If you believe I am lying, why dint you believe muhammed lied ?
Re: Africans And Superstition by Rilwayne001: 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
alright!!! How do you know I am lying ? Do you know me ? Have we meets before ? If you believe I am lying, why dint you believe muhammed lied ?

Do you believe dalaman's version?
dalaman:

Belial Dragons are real,5 years ago, one Belial dragon attacked my nephew late in the night. Once i noticed the attack, I quickly recited some verses from the Egyptian book of the dead calling on Amun Ra for help and protection. God Amun answered my prayers swiftly and the dragon turned into a lizard, i kicked the lizard and it turned into a yellow fish with 4 diamond horns, I quickly reached for the diamond horns , but the yellow fish vanished while screaming my nephews name. May Rah be praised above all the Gods.

1 Like

Re: Africans And Superstition by malvisguy212: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Do you believe dalaman's version?
read my reply to dalaman, did I accused him of lying ? Shm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others / Breaking News...islam Again In The Heart Of France. / You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.