Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ (30217 Views)

Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira "Strenghtens" To N270/Dollar At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Accordingly to Buhari.. "I will make 1$=500 naira before 31/12/2005"
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by LLVelly: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
It's all part of CHANGE so I'm not suprised at all.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by endtimesblog: 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
JN1:

You can't withdraw the $$ sent by Google from your Dorm account, CBN imposed embargo on it. You can only use the bank Token to change it online which will result to 199/$. Another way is transferring it to another dorm account but there is something like 5% charges for it.

cbn jus start that one ? When? Please tell me something oooo
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by KanwuliaJara: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Upon all the BUHARIGATE? shocked
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Pebcak: 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
compare other OPEC countries blame it on fracking which is what US is using and its driving oil price nuts so for a country with no almost all revenue coming from oil what do you expect.
Dollar is stable and other currencies are depreciating and country like Canada is in recession now.

1 Like

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
ibisko04:
I don't know what you people want the present administration to do.
Crude oil is the main foreign income products. Crude oil is now selling for three quarters less than what was the price last year.
Definitely, this is not a rosy time. Anyway, this administration is working on something to take care of the situation.
... Lamentation chapter 5verse 5.Would you have accepted this plea from the previous govt??

2 Likes

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by omohj: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
MadCow1:
Thanks to Jonathan and Dasuki

When Oil Prices were at 120 USD per barrel, Jonathan & Pay-Pay in collaboration with Dasuki, Jim Nwobodo, Bafarawa, Odili and cohorts were busy sharing our money like 'WHOT'. angry

Now wey Oil Price na 32 USD per Barrel, wetin una expect.

I believe that BUHARI is a right man for Nigeria now, but it seems like we waited 6 years too late to elect him. angry

Just imagine if Jonathan had won the last election, Dasuki and co would be chilling somewhere enjoying their loot and even planning on looting more and we Nigerians would have been ignorant and oblivious to it.

#GodPunishPDP.. angry

you father....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by vRendoh(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin

The Vice President $900,000 in US bank don double! angry sad angry grin
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
MadCow1:

When Oil Prices were at 120 USD per barrel, Jonathan & Pay-Pay in collaboration with Dasuki, Jim Nwobodo, Bafarawa, Odili and cohorts were busy sharing our money like 'WHOT'. angry

I believe that BUHARI is a right man for Nigeria now, but it seems like we waited 6 years too late to elect him. angry

Just imagine if Jonathan had won the last election, Dasuki and co would be chilling somewhere enjoying their loot and even planning on looting more and we Nigerians would have been ignorant and oblivious to it.

#GodPunishPDP.. angry

And you expect God to BLESS APC, Buhari and Kermit the Finance Minister for doing nothing to take measures to save our economy? You are really a Mad Cow...just to ask though....do you belong to buhari's farm cattle?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by ibisko04: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
Newmanluckyman:
... Lamentation chapter 5verse 5.Would you have accepted this plea from the previous govt??
Why not. This is an obvious situation. The only different is that gej administration waisted all the surplus accrued to government when oil was selling for 120dollars thereby setting the ground for this mess.

1 Like

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Dextra(f): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
Teejava:
Terrible shii.
How i go pay my canada school fees now?
Fortunately for you, it does not affect the Canadian currency which is relatively at its low point compared to Nigeria. Last exchange I did was CAD$1= #142 Naira. The Canadian Dollar has fallen against the US Dollar as well. Do not worry. smiley wink
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by ArewaWarrior: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nairaland is indeed infested with idiots who know next to nothing about the economy. If you talk you only speak of what you know, and if that is next to nothing well sorry for you, if you listen on the other hand, you might just learn something. GEJ might be gone from power, but his colossal looting and financial mis-management of public funds is indeed the sole cause of the present Nigerian financial predicament.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
olutunde12:

I dont know if that was a joke. Mine is not that funny! I can no longer cope with my school fees and my course...... I dont know, I just hope God helps me. Will somebody tell your presidull that Nigeria Nd Nigerians are crying?
That wasn't a joke bro. After filling form1 at the bank and one is asked to wait cos I'm still on queue.
Its over 3wks nw.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by EternalTruths: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
ArewaWarrior:
Nairaland is indeed infested with idiots who know next to nothing about the economy. If you talk you only speak of what you know, and if that is next to nothing well sorry for you, if you listen on the other hand, you might just learn something. GEJ might be gone from power, but his colossal looting and financial mis-management of public funds is indeed the sole cause of the present Nigerian financial predicament.

By the time you guys are through blaming Jonathan, 2019 will be over cool

1 Like

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Dextra:

Fortunately for you, it does not affect the Canadian currency which is relatively at its low point compared to Nigeria. Last exchange I did was CAD$1= #142 Naira. The Canadian Dollar has fallen against the US Dollar as well. Do not worry. smiley wink
I'm well aware of that.
The ish for me is the availability of the currency.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
endtimesblog:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigerian blogger wey get adsense go be like.. make december 22 reach ooooooooooo

Omo see money shocked shocked shocked
na same thing banks go convert am?
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Obynolee(f): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
ibisko04:

Why not. This is an obvious situation. The only different is that gej administration waisted all the surplus accrued to government when oil was selling for 120dollars thereby setting the ground for this mess.

Stop saying what you don't know,the GEJ lead federal government through Ngozi Okonjo started saving the crude oil surplus money for the rainy day Governors under Amaechi and Kwankwaso(vocal voice) took federal government to the supreme court contending that the federal government lacks the power to hold their money,that the money be shared amongst the 36 states and they(governors)won because the constitution says that the money be shared amongst the states not saved by the federal government.The problem i have with this administration is that they seems not to know what to do about the dwindlling economy,no policy to that effect and this is what is scaring foreign investors away unlike GEJ's administration that we have world class economist.I think the naira wouldn't have depreciated like this if GEJ were to be in power because of his economic team which is lacking in this administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
Saklekplus:
It's the work of PDP'igs....... The clueless one and Co make sure that they destroy this country b4 handling over by distributing foreign currency b4 the election..... #Dasukigate

#Gejgate
my dear do u hav sense? You blamed PDP wen dey were in power, nw dey ar nt u still blaming dem. Tufiakwa I hav neva seen any set of stupid pipo lik u apc pipo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by cutekhalifa(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
Our Oyil president is trying nah.... If u like carry doctorate degree from oxford & Cambridge university give a dullard... He will for ever remain a dullard... Biafran pounds go soon get value pass Naira.... Click like and share to BUBU grin grin grin
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by cutekhalifa(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
MadCow1:

#GodPunishPDP.. angry

the dullard u voted for, is even asking for 6months leave to west germany... grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by viktor01(m): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
ayodele234:
Nigerians know nothing about economics. The crash of the naira has nothing to do with GEJ or Buhari. The United States Federal reserve is responsible for this fall out. The price of oil is beyond our control as well. We don't really control our economy

Last time I checked, Buhari promised to stabilize it or was he high on Oshogbo weed when he made the promise?
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by ArewaWarrior: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

The truth has to be said my brother. I'm not a blind PMB fan, I will judge him im due time but I'm very optimistic in his potential.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by ArewaWarrior: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
viktor01:

Last time I checked, Buhari promised to stabilize it or was he high on Oshogbo weed when he made the promise?

Guy calm down, we'll get there, not N1=1$ but we'll recover. The administration is still in its early stages, holding your peace is only fair as the PDP govt which you obviously a support has been there for 16 years without achieving much.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by diva90: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2015

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by soldierdollar(m): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
NaLaugh:

False. I don't know how Adsense users in Nigeria receive their funds, but it WILL be remitted to them at the official rate of N199.05.

You have two options . Receive with your domiciliary account , transfer to Aboki and convert with N290 or withdraw with your normal account at an official rate of N250 plus .

N199.05 is now an old school
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Reference(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
juman:
They are handling the economy in a panicky way.

But if the oil price linger at these low prices for very long time what will the apc do?

The economy would just collapse.

It will not collapse. The country only needs to tighten expenditure and raise alternative income, that's all.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by jaybee(f): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:

Don't be deceived. As long as the earth endures, blaming Jonathan for his six-year wanton destruction of Nigeria shall never cease.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by kcwise(m): 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
Warlord3000:
Haa shocked
It's expected sha...
The storm before the still waters...
E go beta wink
Ar u kidding me?
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by omohayek: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
ayodele234:
Nigerians know nothing about economics. The crash of the naira has nothing to do with GEJ or Buhari. The United States Federal reserve is responsible for this fall out. The price of oil is beyond our control as well. We don't really control our economy

You're one of the very few commenters who've made an iota of sense in this thread, but unfortunately you're trying to talk sense to people who seem to be not only economically illiterate but simply outright illiterate. Hardly any of them seem to realize that given Nigeria's export profile and the state of the oil markets, the Naira would be facing the same devaluation pressure regardless of who was in power. Instead they fill in the vast voids in their understanding with ignorant talk about APC vs. PDP or tribalistic nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Reference(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
jusRadical:

Do not mind them.

When the price of crude oil started falling ($68 per barrel) with naira falling, gej reduced the pump price and the apc castigated him, saying yhat pms ought to be sold at less than N60 per lit.

But now, they want to rise it to N97 with crude oil selling at less than $35 per barrel

Hmmm. Its rather difficult to ignore that fact.
Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by NovusHomo(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ by Nosaghae(m): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
MadCow1:

#GodPunishPDP.. angry

is that all u have to say? living in self denial is worse than HIV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Register As A Clearing And Forwarding Agent / Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / FG Raises Import Duties On Luxury Goods, Food Items That Have Local Alternatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.