Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man (860 Views)

How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / Man Kisses His Bride At Their Wedding As His Best Man Looks On / What It Means When A Guy Cries At The Thought Of Loosing You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by citydove(m): 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Woman (From A Man’s Perspective)

Picture this: you’re sitting with your boyfriend (or husband) in your favorite restaurant, having a wonderful night out together, when a woman walks by your table. You watch as the man you love turns his head, looks her up and down, and his eyes linger just a little too long on her breasts, or her backside.

Suddenly there’s a surge of emotion, jealousy, anger, pain, insecurity. A torrent of questions runs through your mind: Does he want her? Does he thinks she’s more beautiful than me? Is he not attracted to me anymore?

Sound familiar? That’s because it’s probably happened to every woman, at some point. Because, let’s face it, men like to look. To be clear, that’s all men; not just your man, not just single men, not just players and cheaters and womanizers, but all men.

But as guys we look. I can’t help but notice when a beautiful woman walks by. I can’t help but react in the way that I do, to be attracted to women with certain features. It’s in my nature. And I am not alone.

It’s completely normal for men to look at other women.

It’s also completely normal for women to have that visceral, emotional reaction when they catch their partner looking.

It’s completely natural to want to know why men look, and what the look means.

Allow me to explain…

What “The Look” Means

He finds her physically attractive.
When he saw her, a chemical reaction happened in his brain.
Part of him wants her, or wonders what it would be like to be with her, in a completely harmless and innocent way.

Just like you might be sexually attracted to Wizkid or Davido, and wonder what that might be like… but you wouldn’t act on it.

In an alternate universe where he was single and unattached, he might be interested in her as a sexual partner.

What It Doesn’t Mean

He finds her more beautiful than you.
He isn’t attracted to you.
He isn’t happy with you, and your relationship.
You don’t satisfy him.
You aren’t _______ (attractive, skinny, sexy, loving, affectionate, etc.) enough for him.
You should be angry at him, or jealous of her, or insecure about yourself or your body.
He is unfaithful, or that he is going to cheat on you.
Your relationship is doomed.
Simply put, him looking has nothing to do with you at all.

The natural sexual urges and impulses of men are also aggravated by media and advertising that is over-sexualized. Everywhere we look, we are exposed to sexual images and innuendo designed to sell us everything from cars and cologne to beer and cheeseburgers.

When It’s A Problem

Looking is one thing, staring is another; and it can be hurtful, embarrassing and offensive.

Blatant staring, inappropriate comments, touching, flirting and (obviously) cheating are all red flags. This kind of behavior indicates that a man is either not mature enough to control himself, or he doesn’t respect you (or women in general) or care enough about you to reign in his impulses. Either way, it doesn’t bode well for the future of your union…

How To Deal With Your Guy’s Roving Eye

Don’t Assume.

When you do notice your man looking at another woman, don’t read too much into it. Remember what it means, and most importantly what it doesn’t. A glance does not equal a betrayal. Remember that he loves you, he cares about you, he is committed to you, and he is still attracted to you. Of all the women in his life, he chooses to be with you.

Tell Him How You Feel.

When your partner’s roaming eye does hurt your feelings, or make you feel inadequate, tell him so. Practice Non-Violent Communication. Express your honest feelings without blaming, shaming or accusing him.

Set Healthy Boundaries.

If your partner is committed to making your relationship work, he will be willing to work with you in setting some healthy boundaries. He shouldn’t look too often, too long, or too blatantly.
Re: This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thanks smiley buh it won't stop d jealous feelings

1 Like

Re: This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by obiorathesubtle: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
Please.. If you read that nonsense.. Explain for me..

Thanks.
Re: This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
If I read this thing Makai bend like [size=20pt]"n"[/size]
Re: This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by geez18(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
obiorathesubtle:

Thanks.
BeeBeeOoh:
If I read this thing Makai bend like [size=20pt]"n"[/size]
obiorathesubtle:

Thanks.

gerrarahia!
Re: This Is What It Really Means When Your Man Looks At Another Man by Emac34: 12:05am On Dec 18, 2015
Wat name did u call dat book of urs

(1) (Reply)

How To Reject Relationships Proposal Without Controversy / Have I Cheated? / What Can He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.