Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street (74839 Views)

When Amaechi Hears That Wike Is Passing-by (Hilarious Photo) / OOU / When You Fall From Your Bike And Your Crush Is Passing(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by marleyboy1991: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

And thus they had to massacre this miscreants?
Have you ever heard that those who are strongest ought to show restraint the most?
Is the Army just knowing about the activities of the Shias?
From what we have read about this people, its not the first time they've blocked the road?
The Army chief flying to the Army depot to do his function is not a show of cowardice
Rather, it would have been wisdom for the way many Northerners reason is baffling at times
Afterwards, the political and spiritual leadership of the Shias would have been approached with the government firmly impressing on the need for curtailing of their followers to act within ambit of the law
But what to we have?
Nigeria: Stars on their shoulders: Blood on their hands: War crimes committed by the Nigerian military part 2
And then you wonder if Amnesty International wasn't spot on with last's years report on the Nigerian military and their use of excessive force embarassed embarassed
Take a chill pill grin grin

Please go and sleep
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by activelyA(f): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
TOPCRUISE:
Dem still dey wear canvas jump fence. That scare is not real unless you remove shoe and jump fence
I refuse to laff lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by sonnie10: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
mu2sa2:
The biafrans supporting the massacre of shiites should know that the next time agitators block the niger bridge the army will bring in artillery units to exterminate them all even if they number in thousands and will call in air support to flatten the whole of onitsha and Enugu. What is good for the shiites is good for biafrans.

The children of hate must drag Biafrans into their matter. I can bet anyone that the next thing would be burning of churches and looting of Igbo's shops because of this incidence. Sounds illogical but true.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:
Not funny! undecided undecided
Even though the Shites should not have blocked his convoy
Call genocide by what it is
Self inflicted genocide? grin
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
happney65:

Did you watch the video where the Generals where begging miscreants to give him way?Miscreants who where wielding cutlass and sticks threatening Generals of the Nigerian Army over a road that belongs to all us.Please go and watch the Video first..Even in the US,Nobody dares do such..I guess you know Americans are even being killed by the Police and they are discharged and acquitted by the Court..

If I am the Nigerian President and my Chief of Army Staff was made to turn back on a Nigerian road blocked by some hooligans, I'd sack him. The day the Chief of army staff is prevented from moving in this country, then who else can move around freely?

Thank You

There was no need for the massacre. they could have invited the police to disperse them with teargas and possibly arrest the ring leaders
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by snoopdg(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
neocortex:

We are so lucky you are not the president!

Shame is the summary of what you wrote.
Some "miscreants" block the road where hundreds of people pass through but
when your crude COAS got there he pulled out his gun and started killing the
miscreants and you have the guts to defend him.

If you want to live in a jungle where your life is as
important as that of an insect, kindly migrate there
together with your barbaric COAS.

In a sane country, Buratahi should have been sacked by now.

Man up here, think, think again and i say rethink, do you know what an army on assignment is? They duty and constitutionally backed to thread every nook and cranny of the state anytime for a legal duty democracy notwithstanding, you don't need to be in the military to know that what the sect members did was an effrontery to the federal government and republic, it's a shame on us as a country that a group could confront our COAS and say no way, no wonder the war on terror is proving difficult to be won because minds like you see no wrong in the activities of lawless sects like this, it's people like you who will first say the government is weak, if America had toyed will lawlessness, would be a place for all to run to? Please think like a man in the present world, the activities of the sect members can be sustained any any guise. The law and order must have its way for a glorious Nigeria to emerge.

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

Have you ever heard that those who are strongest ought to show restraint the most?
From what we have read about this people, its not the first time they've blocked the road?
The Army chief flying to the Army depot to do his function is not a show of cowardice
Rather, it would have been wisdom for the way many Northerners reason is baffling at times
Afterwards, the political and spiritual leadership of the Shias would have been approached with the government firmly impressing on the need for curtailing of their followers to act within ambit of the law
But what to we have?
Nigeria: Stars on their shoulders: Blood on their hands: War crimes committed by the Nigerian military part 2
And then you wonder if Amnesty International wasn't spot on with last's years report on the Nigerian military and their use of excessive force embarassed embarassed

Excessive force is the only language on earth these people understand, tho I don't support our armed forces descending on civilians. The matter should be investigated, who cast the first stone? You don't attack soldiers with guns with cutlasses and clubs then when you're shot you come to play victim. arm na arm, weda na Ak47 or baba suwe cutlass, both can kill and maim.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by sochima1989(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
if that same group can hold to ransom the last hope of our democracy......we are better of a new state of anarchy.
the military explained how they used the barest minimum force.....and the death toll is lower than 15 people.........an eye witness
ochukoccna:

But what to we have?
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Certifiedboss: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

You don't hold people on stand still because you're carryin out your belief . They pleaded with them for over 10mins. Here in the south I don't think the army will be patient for 30 seconds if you try such

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by abiowoblow: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
End time is here.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Boyooosa(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:
Genocide ko, PennyWise ni. Na so una de call previous one extra-judicial killing, no be in com turn to wetin una no fit sleep close two eyes now?
Call a spade, a spade! without an action, there can never be a reaction. how many worshippers u don hear say buratai don kill before dat day? abegiiii!
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by malikworld: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
happney65:

Bros,now i know you did not watch the video.Please watch the video and come back here please..The Soldiers could even be lynched cos they where wielding cutlass,stones,sticks etc..The COAS Begged them to allow him and he's entourag pass..They where not against their procession,all they needed is to pass..So why did they deny the COAS right of passage?Two wrongs dont make a right..go on with your procession without denying any body the right of passage..I guess if the President is on the same route and some hooligans wants him to turn back he would turn back..Abi no be so?

And am thinking the shia's where the ones that even first attacked the COAS..So if he shoots back i do not Blame him cos you would also do the same.Or do you think Solder's are policemen who go about with rubber bullets?Noooo..These are Soldiers and they go about with Live Ammunition

Abegi,lets be factual with each other here..Like i said,If i was President and my COAS turns back in this case,i would sack him..

Note--Am not a Fan of APC,But saying the truth here..The COAS tried he's best to be civil and begging them that they just needed to pass..he came down,spoke their language to them and implored them.but na so so strong head them dey do...

May they rest in pieces jare..Oshiko

which nonsense video are u talking about. u mean because yeye COAS was refused passage justified the massacre carried out by the NA. I tot NA said the COAS was attacked cos frm the video there was nothing of such
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Kgdavid(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

But what to we have?

Have you ever bothered to ask your self thus very simple question: why wer these Shiites so numerously armed? The answer is either A or B below:

A. They intended to use them to intimidate or assault unarmed civilians, making them terrorists or

B. They actually love their fellow citizens and only wished to harm Burutai, which would corroborate the army's initial statement and imply that they were prepared to committ an act of war.

There is no way to spin this and avoid the obvious fact that these guys were ready and willing to do evil. Those guys needed to have live bullets used on them so that we will all know who is trouble and who is yanga.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Kgdavid(m): 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
malikworld:
which nonsense video are u talking about. u mean because yeye COAS was refused passage justified the massacre carried out by the NA. I tot NA said the COAS was attacked cos frm the video there was nothing of such

Take the COAS out of the equation for a minute; what those shiite fellows was doing was way beyond illegal and I would still have expected a force to have been sent to clear them out with as much violence as necessary.

You don't negotiate with people who behave like animals.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by ElCapone(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
Layolaw:
what we are saying is that blocking of road/ beg them to clear still not justify the massacre haba they even went ahead to their house midnight to do more and demolish it, hian you get mind ooo
Even if we against da loss of life but da reaction of our soldiers wld send a warning to them. They have had several confrontations with civilians, I guess they thought, da soldiers wld back down. Let's nt forget buratai is da symbol of our strength as a nation. Dis shiites are jes mere nuisance to us!!!

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by ElCapone(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Saheed9:
I'm still surprised that some ppl could defend NA actions. Are you human at all?
its yhu we shld b asking that. Guess yhu knw nothing abt da sect dats y u commenting like it. Even though we regret da loss of lives.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Mike008(m): 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
badonkadonk:

In fact, if I was the president of this country and buratai had turned back.. Wallahi! I would strip him of everything he has, even to his condiments and dismiss him unceremoniously..

This wasn't war, it wouldn't be cowardice if he turned back.
However, clearly it wasn't a peaceful protest but not the kind I'll describe as a mutiny (from what I can tell from the footage).
I could see both parties disagreeing on something in a language I didn't understand, that means they had a motive.
This is an issue for investigation before coming to the conclusion as to whether the Military killed according to law or not.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by tradeplusib: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kgdavid:

Have you ever bothered to ask your self thus very simple question: why wer these Shiites so numerously armed? The answer is either A or B below:

A. They intended to use them to intimidate or assault unarmed civilians, making them terrorists or

B. They actually love their fellow citizens and only wished to harm Burutai, which would corroborate the army's initial statement and imply that they were prepared to committ an act of war.

There is no way to spin this and avoid the obvious fact that these guys were ready and willing to do evil. Those guys needed to have live bullets used on them so that we will all know who is trouble and who is yanga.

Thank u jare. Well said.

I wonder how folks think! How can the law be upheld if people don't respect authority?

There is no justification here for the shiates. What has religion got to do with arms? Even if na cutlass. Just check out what people did with matchetes in the Rwanda genocide.

If I was the coas I would have done a whole lot more!

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Harmony10: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

It's sad jare.

I don't know why we keep treating ourselves like this. Tear Gas would have been enough to dispatch those people.

The force ought to learn how to engage rioters(shiites or ipob) who are not heavy armed.

It's disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by demogesture: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Everybody who commented here should please take a step further and watch the video.For two solid hours the COAS was busy begging them in the name of ALLAH to allow him passage.he spoke in all language every man should understand.The armies were there all this time and they never reacted despite all the chanting , shouting and throwing of sticks by the miscreants until they attacked the COAS.just wondering why men with sticks and catapult would think they can take on Souldier for God's sake.This cannot happen even in Iran, Syria , US or any other civilised society.Let us be honest, those souldier have the mission of protecting the COAS for God's sake and that's what they signed up to do even with their blodd

I am not happy that people died as a result of this fracas because human life is sacred but trying to point out the fact that religion extremism was responsible for their death.the military only did what they were supposed to do which is to protect the COAS.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by frank043(m): 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Layolaw:
what we are saying is that blocking of road/ beg them to clear still not justify the massacre haba they even went ahead to their house midnight to do more and demolish it, hian you get mind ooo

Madam, they opened fire on the COAS' convoy, and you expect them to fold their hands and die like cowards? They did the needful... They returned fire as an act of self defence! Now, why won't they go to their base? How else are they going to disarm them? Oh! So you have forgotten the part that says that possession of arms is illegal? I just wonder how people reason these days!!

1 Like

Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

But what to we have?
Oga you say make army turn back go base or airport board plane dey go where dem dey go, because?
The next one wey go happen na say dem go carry cutlass and sticks pursue army comot from barracks.#NotInSupportThough
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by chenu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
snoopdg:
I feel there are so many eggheads, dull heads, nut heads empty heads in our society the why our country can't just come up and move forward, please for crying out loud, how do you expect a military convoy to turn back because of a groups illegal procession, and because of their links to Iran, call it masacare, genocide or anything, the army did nothing wrong, how could the army abandon their constitutional duty because some outlaws in the name of religion are on the way, can Iran allow such on its land? This is how BH began and the law enforcement were cowed due to political and religious sentiments, Now BH has blown out of proportion leavin thousands dead, wounded or displaced, the army and the nation not being left out.

What good has religion done for this country? What religion allows its followers to: carry any form of weapon in self defense, block the road to stop a legal duty, to cause fear and panic in the mind of fellow citizens, disrupts public peace?

The officers were lenient enough to have sued for peace and beg to pass, it's a form of insurrection they suppressed to forestall a future occurrence. Religion should teach people to be law abiding anything outside the law is lawlessness and cannot be entertained. Iran won't take it that it's army turned back because of a religious procession on the highway by a Muslim sect the whole country being Islam aligned, our country can't be a dumping ground for all sorts of religious whatever. The army did nothing wrong again I say.
wonderful coment so far
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by compujyde: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by 4nobody4every1: 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
snoopdg:
I feel there are so many eggheads, dull heads, nut heads empty heads in our society the why our country can't just come up and move forward, please for crying out loud, how do you expect a military convoy to turn back because of a groups illegal procession, and because of their links to Iran, call it masacare, genocide or anything, the army did nothing wrong, how could the army abandon their constitutional duty because some outlaws in the name of religion are on the way, can Iran allow such on its land? This is how BH began and the law enforcement were cowed due to political and religious sentiments, Now BH has blown out of proportion leavin thousands dead, wounded or displaced, the army and the nation not being left out.

What good has religion done for this country? What religion allows its followers to: carry any form of weapon in self defense, block the road to stop a legal duty, to cause fear and panic in the mind of fellow citizens, disrupts public peace?

The officers were lenient enough to have sued for peace and beg to pass, it's a form of insurrection they suppressed to forestall a future occurrence. Religion should teach people to be law abiding anything outside the law is lawlessness and cannot be entertained. Iran won't take it that it's army turned back because of a religious procession on the highway by a Muslim sect the whole country being Islam aligned, our country can't be a dumping ground for all sorts of religious whatever. The army did nothing wrong again I say.
kiss cool
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by maasoap(m): 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
happney65:

Did you watch the video where the Generals where begging miscreants to give him way?Miscreants who where wielding cutlass and sticks threatening Generals of the Nigerian Army over a road that belongs to all us.Please go and watch the Video first..Even in the US,Nobody dares do such..I guess you know Americans are even being killed by the Police and they are discharged and acquitted by the Court..

If I am the Nigerian President and my Chief of Army Staff was made to turn back on a Nigerian road blocked by some hooligans, I'd sack him. The day the Chief of army staff is prevented from moving in this country, then who else can move around freely?

Thank You
If your Chief of Army Staff turns back, it doesn't mean that he is weak because he is not fighting anyone but just shows maturity and restraint that could prevent massacre and its associated worldwide backlash.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by maasoap(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
ElCapone:
its yhu we shld b asking that. Guess yhu knw nothing abt da sect dats y u commenting like it. Even though we regret da loss of lives.
Do you care to tell us what you know about them that we don't?
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Olushauneddy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
Not a single shiite in my street. So, we can't run.
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by kenoz(m): 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
grin
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Layolaw(f): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Saheed9:
I'm still surprised that some ppl could defend NA actions. Are you human at all?
could you please read my post again?
Re: Funny: When You Are Told Burutai Is Passing Through Your Street by Chitumu: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
ochukoccna:

But what to we have?
shiite/wailer detected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Locate Your Wife In A Crowd Without Wasting Your Credit / A Collection Of Hilarious Pictures / When a guy has Too Much Swag (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.