Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How Do You Cope When Sacked? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Cope When Sacked? (13534 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / How Do You Cope Doing A Job You Don't Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by UjSizzle(f): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Never been sacked but I think having a backup plan while working will serve you well. Keep aside a sum of money while between jobs for financing your expenses while you search for another one.
Meanwhile ensure that while in your current job you've made reasonable efforts to improve yourself-- that way when you make the switch, you have more to offer your new employer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by HopeAlive14(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Develop a positive mindset.

Make connections.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by GHA1(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Na God win, because for me, he will make a way our for me...
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by jamex93(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:
That's why I encourage Ladies to do ashawo by the side, while the men do same.

see advice abeg
hope u are into it full time sha
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by akindap07(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Bro confess ur sins first....HAVE YOU BEEN SACKED
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by oralle(f): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

POVERTY MENTALITY. I WON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU HAVE WORE OUT
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by denko(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2015
All these save save how much do u earn in Nigeria to save especially in this part of our world that people are under employed.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by emmykk(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:
I work in a company that you walk in but do not know if you will return the next day due to the threat of sack pervading the air. Close friends that you known for weeks have been unceremoniously kicked out.

The prayer that nearly everyone mutters in the office is that[i][/i]This will never get to me by the grace of God. However, lets face reality, what if it happens inadvertently? How do you think one can cope with it? This economic situation we are in is not smiling for many companies in Nigeria. They are cutting cost. So I will appreciate your response. Thanks!!!
gets a side business while you still work.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Abialayinka(f): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2015
Just to prepare your mind on some certain things, and ask God for a better life to live.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by ipreach: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2015
start learning trade while working

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by prideofscience: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2015
ur toto will tell.... i pity d man dt will carry d last card.
kilode100:

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by tee4naija(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2015
it is always good to make yourself indispensable in the organization by making use of your full potential and excelling in everything you do. by this way, you are most likely to be untouchable because I believe the work is still not going to be carried out by computers and machines alone but by human beings.however, if the unexpected happens, it all depends on how you see yourself, dust ur CV and move on. just make sure you are not idle.find something doing (e.g teaching-even if for free,petty trading or even joining some NGOs for community service) that way, u will not have to lie to cover up for gaps in ur employment history.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Richy4(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2015
akindap07:
Bro confess ur sins first....HAVE YOU BEEN SACKED

Sorry to ask this but do you know the meaning of sin? or are you just kidding?
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by vicostyle20: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2015
Ask MOU

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2015
fortune1968:
you need to be reasonable and serious at least when there is a good topic to debate .Is everything joke ?

Why do you think I'm joking?
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by BLACKPANTHER(m): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2015
dammytosh:
1. Save

2. Be productive. Give your 110%

Nobody sacks an asset or a staff adding to the bottom line.

You will never know till it hits you the other way round. Asset gi ni..
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2015
jamex93:

see advice abeg
hope u are into it full time sha

It used to be full time, I'm now married but still engage my myself occasionally. It's the easiest way to make Money.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by prideofscience: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2015
Blogging undecided Jor Jamisi grin
looseweight:
Working from home tinz

I combine Multi Level Marketing with my job and so far, I gat no fear of any sack from my boss. In fact, I will resign my current job by mid 2016, all things be equal because already earning more than salary from MLM
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Brownville007: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:
I work in a company that you walk in but do not know if you will return the next day due to the threat of sack pervading the air. Close friends that you known for weeks have been unceremoniously kicked out.

The prayer that nearly everyone mutters in the office is that[i][/i]This will never get to me by the grace of God. However, lets face reality, what if it happens inadvertently? How do you think one can cope with it? This economic situation we are in is not smiling for many companies in Nigeria. They are cutting cost. So I will appreciate your response. Thanks!!!

Start blogging. You are guaranteed 100k at least monthly working just for 4-5 hours daily. I work with the FG but my monthly earning from my blog is more than my salary monthly.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 18, 2015
Run an online business like selling services on fiverr while still at your job.. You'll be making enough that you wouldn't need to touch your salary. That can start a business for you while you are out of job
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by prideofscience: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2015
slowpoke.... HIV carrier. Ur husband no see its has pass the elastic limit Pls test ur girl b4 marriage
kilode100:

It used to be full time, I'm now married but still engage my myself occasionally. It's the easiest way to make Money.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2015
prideofscience:
slowpoke.... HIV carrier. Ur husband no see its has pass the elastic limit Pls test ur girl b4 marriage

... And I am still very tight down there o..
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by iMerchant: 11:41am On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:

Financial Experts would suggest you have at least 3 or 6 month of your monthly expenses saved up in case you get sacked but to be candid with you that never work for me because I can't just manage to have my cash lay idle somewhere because am preparing for an unforeseen event that may happen or not.

So what I did was to start a side business which generate incomes for me. I play to my strength, I don't have much time and kinda hate marketing but I am glued to the internet so I start an ecommerce business.

Import stuff then sell them in Nigeria. I need not be present 24 hours 7 days a week because I kinda automate everything.

So if ever it happen today, I will not need to look or search for jobs again.

So my advise, look inward and play to your strength start or build a business around your strength.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by miqos02(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

lipsrsealed
kilode100:

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:

common sense should tell you to look for an alternative source of income........ like the 1k to 1m project gosple that am preaching
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Adesiji77: 11:47am On Dec 18, 2015
Space booked....will be back
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by temitope28(m): 11:47am On Dec 18, 2015
goldenceo1:
Play Baba Ijebu, Lotto, Merrybet n Pool. visit does newspaper stand n get a feel of what does keke riders has to say about APC n PDP; Dis little routine will help reduce ur headache!
What a reckless life
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2015
1] Save money
2 Be productive. Give your 110%
3 favour from ur boss
BEFORE BEING SACKED

Work with all determination
Try to have favour from the higher ups
Keep your relationships with staff strictly formal dah wha i doo in m work place....now am in top grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2015
temitope28:

What a reckless life

Tell them Bros. Na ashawo biz sure pass

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by jamex93(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

lolx

I no know say na u self I for no disturb my self

sorry no vex
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2015
jamex93:

lolx

I no know say na u self I for no disturb my self

sorry no vex

Na occasionally these days o

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by jamex93(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

Na occasionally these days o

ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate / Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.