Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Do You Cope When Sacked? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Cope When Sacked? (13535 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / How Do You Cope Doing A Job You Don't Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by DOCTORDONE: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wait let me ask Mourihno the ex-chelsea boss. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by SunkyAde: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
While you work start something by the side, i always tell people, dont wait till your oga asks you to go before looking for plan B. Im having a business Conference in Ikeja tomorrow saturday by 12noon on starting a food business franchise. If you are in Lagos, text me on 08098987272 for a Free Invite, outside Lagos can whatsapp same number. A wise man digs his well before he's thirsty.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by dammytosh: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
BLACKPANTHER:

You will never know till it hits you the other way round. Asset gi ni..

I repeat nobody sacks an asset and the best in the team.

Be humble and do your job diligently
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by calabardick(m): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

Tell them Bros. Na ashawo biz sure pass
you are your own boss, no sacking, no suspension....
i dey feeeel you!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by kilode100(f): 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
calabardick:

you are your own boss, no sacking, no suspension....

i dey feeeel you!

Bless you Sir!
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by flokii: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:
Very senseless comment. Will u encourage your sister or brother to do ashawo.

for real?

can't you see she z an ashewo?

dem plenty for NL o
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by frenchboy(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
Which skil do u have..build on them
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by PossibleUN: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
Op. Ask Morinho
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:
That's why I encourage Ladies to do ashawo by the side, while the men do same.

in the name of God that created heaven and earth,RECEIVE SENSE....it is well
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by KelvinC1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

thanks for telling us all the work you do for Living.. I comot cap for you..
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by goldenceo1: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
temitope28:
What a reckless life

they are living. Judge not so that you may not be judged
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by akindap07(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
Richy4:

Sorry to ask this but do you know the meaning of sin? or are you just kidding?
smile....u want me to tell u d meaning of sin
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Richy4(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
akindap07:
smile....u want me to tell u d meaning of sin

smiley Maybe bro... because the way u asked OP to confess, I was wondering if losing a job has been added as a sin too on the internet and I was not aware of it. we learned new things everyday...........

You know I do not want to do the sin of losing my job. smiley
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by calabardick(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

Bless you Sir!
babe, i feel your swag, you coded badtly.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by akindap07(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Richy4:

smiley Maybe bro... because the way u asked OP to confess, I was wondering if losing a job has been added as a sin too on the internet and I was not aware of it. we learned new things everyday...........

You know I do not want to do the sin of losing my job. smiley
well if u lose ur job wifout avin anoda one alredy....den u're a sinner ooo ....lol
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
kilode100:

hehehehehe this girl bad no be smalll cheesy cheesy no hiding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by WaffenSS(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
Everybody is saying "save" "save".

The question is, how do you cope when sacked?

You cant save after losing the job.

im guessing the OP wants to know how to survive the turbulent period of unemployment.

There's no magic formula. Just pray something better comes along and that friends and family are kind enough to help you out.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by clemz88(m): 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:
I work in a company that you walk in but do not know if you will return the next day due to the threat of sack pervading the air. Close friends that you known for weeks have been unceremoniously kicked out.

The prayer that nearly everyone mutters in the office is that[i][/i]This will never get to me by the grace of God. However, lets face reality, what if it happens inadvertently? How do you think one can cope with it? This economic situation we are in is not smiling for many companies in Nigeria. They are cutting cost. So I will appreciate your response. Thanks!!!
exactly the same with my office. Bur mine worst pass jst sack cry
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by hardychris(m): 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sorry o! Is this question from Mourinho or is someone trying to help him?

If yes, then he can go and take up Aston Villa job that can help him cope.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by eghuan1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
sleeksavbvy:
I work in a company that you walk in but do not know if you will return the next day due to the threat of sack pervading the air. Close friends that you known for weeks have been unceremoniously kicked out.

The prayer that nearly everyone mutters in the office is that[i][/i]This will never get to me by the grace of God. However, lets face reality, what if it happens inadvertently? How do you think one can cope with it? This economic situation we are in is not smiling for many companies in Nigeria. They are cutting cost. So I will appreciate your response. Thanks!!!

I worked in an institute for about six weeks and I got to find out that the three members of staffs I met have not been paid and after one month the man de tell me we are looking at how we are going to come up with your salary. I .

The next day he asked me to write a sack letter for a member of staff he was owing three months because I was the administrative Secretary. I refuserefuse, knowing fully well that I probably will be owed and be treated the same .

The next week I changed the password for all the office computers, emails, facebook and twitter , dropped my resignation letter and left to lagos.

Na beg them come de beg me for password

I don't pray to work in your kind of office, but if I find myself in such, I will make sure I have a bargaining chip threatened with sack.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Olasco93: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Jose Mourinho is the Special One to answer this question specially because he just got a SACKED LEAVE...
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by OShepherd: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dis Question ehnn! Av always sacked my employers no mata wat because I always have a plan-B wenevr I take up an offer. I prmsed 2 meet my last boss on a crossroad(narrow bridge)-professionally & it came 2 pass 100% barely 2years of my exit because dey-my old company had on several occassions 2 depend on my current position in my current company 2 succeed on a project & I was d only hope. So U see, wit GOD on Ur side, been loyal&straightforward U can soar high like d Eagle. Even wit dis one: Am already planning my exit 4rm day1! Jahbless y'all!
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by millionboi(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
SUGARBEE:
1] Save money

BEFORE BEING SACKED

Work with all determination
Try to have favour from the higher ups
Keep your relationships with staff strictly formal
No matter hw much or d position u occupy anytime,always acknoledge God.....and try 2build confidence in ur work.
Re: How Do You Cope When Sacked? by Ogadtop(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2015
kilode100:

even with time, olosho carriers will be cutting cost.so its not too good an idea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate / Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.