Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Melbourne Mp's 'black Jesus' Doll Sparks Complaints For Being 'offensive 2 Xtian - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Melbourne Mp's 'black Jesus' Doll Sparks Complaints For Being 'offensive 2 Xtian (735 Views)

Robert Mugabe's Resignation Sparks Wild Jubilation In Zimbabwe / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage / Women Kneeling Before A White Man In Uganda. Photo Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melbourne Mp's 'black Jesus' Doll Sparks Complaints For Being 'offensive 2 Xtian by duketunde: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
A Melbourne MP Lizzie Blandthorn has received several calls and backlash from residents for her little doll in a nativity, they claimed her dark-skinned baby Jesus is inaccurate and tagged it OFFENSIVE to Christians.

Though Ms Blandthorn has hit back at the complaints saying they are ‘naïve’.

“They don’t understand,.. I’m Christian myself and I think it’s good,” she told 7 News.
“It doesn’t matter at all, when we cut our skin we’ve got blood there… I think that’s more important… how he was, what he did for us”.

Most people have agreed with her however a small group of people is making a lot of noise about the issue.

Experts claim given that Jesus was from the Middle East it’s highly unlikely he was Caucasian.

Reverend Father Josalito Asis said Jesus would want people to picture.......See more - http://www.duketundesblog.com/2015/12/racism-melbourne-mps-black-jesus-doll.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Does Putin Want Trump As US President? / Faces And Complete Names Of The Orlando Gay Club Massacre / Explosion In Madina Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.