Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! (775 Views)

Payport And Bbnaija 2018 Is Scam / Embarrassment: Black Pant Showing In The Wind / Airtel Is Dashing Out Free 200MB And 100MB, Get Yours Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! by LongVille: 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
Compliments of the Season All,

Pardon my errors but Airtel Nigeria once again has given me reasons to quit their network.

It has been a while I recharged my phone using recharge PINS. Most times, it is via VTU with a direct debit from my account. Due to instability issues, I was unable to purchase airtime from my bank's app. We got to Epe here in Lagos and there was an important call to be made since I had N5 thereabouts left as my call credit.

Stopped at a vendor and asked for airtime worth N1000 but the lady stated she had in lesser units (i.e. N200 and N100) and agreed to assist load them. After she was done, I was left with N905 worth of Airtime instead of N1005. Thinking I was being played, she insisted she had loaded N1000 and further stated maybe I borrowed call credit and they deducted it. (scoffs) I was so embarrassed at that moment 'cos I have never borrowed a dime from Airtel network. (Funny, I explained same to my colleagues and they laughed too)

I dialled 111 on the spot and requested for a statement of my account for recharge done on 18-12-2015 and deductions. All these were in a bid to clarify the issues with the lady and know the next line of action. In the course of discuss with the first agent, he mentioned I was debited N100 for "talkmore". Please, what is talkmore? How do they subscribe to it? Do they just debit one at will for a service not requested or was it because I didn't buy electronically? Airtel has to clarify this cos the embarrassment is out of this world and I'm still shocked from that lady's remark. (Maybe they removed money that you're owing them - How!)

Asides the few rude members of Staff in that centre who could not decipher a serious issue and save the moment rather than come up with complaints, reasons and excuses for their inefficiency, I have to say that they suck! Imagine being told to call back in 1 hour for a statement? Is is that hard to find or did they have plans to doctor it? Even when you call back, you are routed to a "new" agent and made to explain all over. Annoying!

Patiently, 1 hour passed, and I was asked to call back in 2 hours again. Na marathon or relay? I am miffed and seriously, what stops the network from calling back when the line goes off in the middle of a conversation? Other service providers do so! Or is NCC charging Airtel for making calls?

The poor attitude and inefficiency of the network and her Staff is a source of concern, the embarrassment I faced and their inability to resolve same till now is sad. If truly N100 was debited for talkmore as the agent stated before the call went off, is that the way Nigerian? I leave you to do the Maths plus the number of subscribers they have.

I'll get to the end of this no matter my loss but one thing is certain, I don dey do press up to go retrieve my other line. NIS, where is my international passport?

PS - The last agent who picked my call, this is the "someone will call you back" you told me over 2 hours ago just when I was going to express myself. Well done!
Re: What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! by Godownchild(f): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Had similar issues with airtel,but iv given up on them. Loaded 1000 airtime for monthly BIS, wasn't working, wen I called their line, it was the same it would be resolved the next day bla bla bla. Had to quietly load my other line for the monthly bis
Re: What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! by rhemyalter: 11:54am On Dec 19, 2015
LongVille the talkmore is a bundle subscription for voice, SMS and data. However, you can tweet @airtel_care or post to Airtel Nigeria page on Facebook for quick assistance.
Re: What An Embarrassment! Airtel Is Scam!!! by rejpragmatic: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
@rhemyalter, thanks just had an issue resolved via @airtel_care. I am impressed. @Longville where you able to contact them?

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Love Your Stretch Marks / There Are Many Explanation Why Females Nowadays Go For Hair Weaving / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.