Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,411 members, 7,850,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. (31194 Views)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / Should I Sack My Driver Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Gabaleve(m): 8:19am On Dec 19, 2015
schumastic:
i had a strong feeling it will lead to this after you Adler her out and she refused...mean while i poker the fact you made her know your still the boss and you'r in control..don't sack her cus she might use the fact that you asked her out and she refused that's why you sacked her.

instead keep being the good boss you are and this time show more seriousness and less laughter, try not to joke or give her face at all..be strict with the job and put her in her place when ever she mess up.
seconded
na u wise pass
u must be above 50

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 19, 2015
you better be fast about it before this EMBARASSING SITUATION becomes a GLEEFUL PUBLIC SPECTACLE.

if you don't, she will surely bring you PUBLIC EMBARRASSMENT.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by ceejayluv(m): 8:19am On Dec 19, 2015
2sex:
You lost every respect she had for you the moment you made that move... it's entirely your fault and it serves you well because all I see is man who wanted to take advantage of someone and now you want to sack which will further convince her that she made the right choice to not date you.

Are there no other ladies outside?
Bill Gates married his employee.. nothing wrong with the move.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by jnrbayano(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2015
sholikay:
That lady has obviously turned chance to chances!..my brada sharply sack that biatch,before she accuse u of rape!.. Nansense!... F*ck love!. F*ck symphathetic mhen!.

She doesn't wanna date her boss which is an obvious maturity and she is the bi*tch because of that?

Is it?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by omajali2003(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Immaturity is one of the greatest problems with most ladies. Sack her and she will go about telling people she got sacked because she rejected your advances. But I tell you what, if she stays on without a change of attitude, she will spread that attitude of disloyalty amongst the other employees. When it comes to that, get rid of her

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by free2ryhme: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
mudility:
Hey pals, if you have read my previous post https://www.nairaland.com/2738913/love-employee you will remember i was crushing on one of my female worker.

After i hastily made my intentions known to her, I was given those kind of funny attitude ladies display when not interested.

On a one on one discussion, she said she will not date me for two reasons. 1. because i am her boss and 2. because she has a boyfriend.

Okay, i totally respect her decision but i realized her attitude changed. She sometimes arrives late to work, flirt with my costumers to make me jealous. The final straw that broke the camel back is when i was scolding my other worker for her mistakes and complains am getting from my customers about her.

What i heard was this my employee i had crush on saying to me with boldness that i dont have to talk to her that way. I was shocked to my bone marrow that i ordered her to keep quit and leave my presence.

After i got home, i could not stop thinking about her rude bahaviour. I almost payed her off today but the sympathetic me decide to keep her till month end.

Pls friends , what do u think about my intended plan?

You never sought our opinion to employ her why ask our opinion if you want to sack her.

You never sought our opinion to crush on her so what is our own with your love life and business.

Pls if you dont have anything better to do go and sit down and watch seasame street

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by misspicy(f): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
fr3do:

cheesy cheesy jjc
real jjc,something we have been experiencing yet we raise no dust,its just a matter of YES or NO then you go back to work mode,who born you well to disrespect boss around here gringrin
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by jnrbayano(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2015
misspicy:
lol.....the girl is not even matured enough.... why become rude to your boss
because he asked you out?

OP sack her already,she never experience life gringrin

If she is sacked, will you re-employ her?
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by kilonso001(m): 8:22am On Dec 19, 2015
You made the mistake ab initio by asking her out. Now she has to loose her job because of that. Poor girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by kaycodes: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2015
mudility:
Hey pals, if you have read my previous post https://www.nairaland.com/2738913/love-employee you will remember i was crushing on one of my female worker.

After i hastily made my intentions known to her, I was given those kind of funny attitude ladies display when not interested.

On a one on one discussion, she said she will not date me for two reasons. 1. because i am her boss and 2. because she has a boyfriend.

Okay, i totally respect her decision but i realized her attitude changed. She sometimes arrives late to work, flirt with my costumers to make me jealous. The final straw that broke the camel back is when i was scolding my other worker for her mistakes and complains am getting from my customers about her.

What i heard was this my employee i had crush on saying to me with boldness that i dont have to talk to her that way. I was shocked to my bone marrow that i ordered her to keep quit and leave my presence.

After i got home, i could not stop thinking about her rude bahaviour. I almost payed her off today but the sympathetic me decide to keep her till month end.

I believe it's wrong to date your subordinate, especially in this circumstance, but you did the honourable thing by letting her know how you really felt about her. One can find love anywhere and yours shouldn't be an exception.

Now to the present issues if the lady in question doesn't have enough common sense to not let your crush on her affect her attitude then, she should be given the same treatment you would give any other employee for the same offense.

Now to address this, you can take two steps. Call her privately and categorically point out her rudeness to you, make sure you record the convo, and let her know that you totally respect her decisions not to date you, but just as you respect her she should also give you the respect as her boss. Make sure you point out that you will fire her if this repeats itself. Then call a staff meeting and give a general talk about attitude and how they can improve their general work relationship.

You expressed your love as a gentleman, you should also deal with her attitude professionally. Managing people requires skill, and being tolerant and firm at the same time is a skill you need to develop.

15 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by lordmayor4(m): 8:24am On Dec 19, 2015
schumastic:
i had a strong feeling it will lead to this after you Adler her out and she refused...mean while i poker the fact you made her know your still the boss and you'r in control..don't sack her cus she might use the fact that you asked her out and she refused that's why you sacked her.

instead keep being the good boss you are and this time show more seriousness and less laughter, try not to joke or give her face at all..be strict with the job and put her in her place when ever she mess up.

Best advice so far
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by oloriadejoke(f): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2015
This is a new version of Jacob and Esau, Esau sold his birthright becos of pottage but now becos you want to date your employee you sold your right as her boss. She go do you shege,next time make the space between work and passion different
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by oloriadejoke(f): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
This is a new version of Jacob and Esau, Esau sold his birthright becos of pottage but now becos you want to date your employee you sold your right as her boss. She go do you shege,next time make the space between work and passion different. Endtime boss,endtime employee
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by jnrbayano(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
ChappyChase:

Because say him be employer make him shove his feeling down his throat abi?

Unless that company has got no code of ethics, I will agree with you.
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by sammieee(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
Don't fire her yet op. In business, don't judge with emotion. You employ her because you want her best service in ur company and in as much she is giving her services for work then u don't nid to lose a manpower in ur company all because of emotional clause. My suggestion, You are the boss and God grace u will always b d boss. Act like a boss and a leader. Next time when she misbehave, say it to her in public and let her b ashamed dat u got nothing to kip. Tell her next time to shut up dat is it because u ask her out she tink she got d privilege to be rude? Everyone know dat u asked her out den i can bet it with u she will change and treat u with respect. My suggestion only work if you are a single man but if u are not call her to ur office and talk sense to her dat u don't like her actions and let her know ways she got rude and if she do not change then SACK HER!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by mployer(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
Op, she loves you!!

She feels she is a co-owner of the business. If you really love her, calm down and treat her as one, while talking more sense into her. It is called role play.

Would you sack her if she is your wife and behaved that way?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by gretblue: 8:27am On Dec 19, 2015
Yawn! This cold in Kd fit kill person ooo.
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by highmood(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2015
You took the wrong step first by asking her out- because she is your employee. For me, probably she looks sexy and you just want a taste of her. Again, the lady took the bold step by rejecting your request else you may be using and treating her shabbily-not giving her the respect that she deserves as a woman and your employee. Finally, I would advice you sack her else she may not give you any respect a boss deserve. Don't be scared that she may tell people about your advance (am sure she have), but act as though nothing happened and if rumors flies, find a way to cover them up.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by ebner70(m): 8:28am On Dec 19, 2015
Sacking her is childish, keep her and earn back ur respect, if u can't then she is stronger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Ilaje44(m): 8:29am On Dec 19, 2015
mudility:

Agbotenikan dajo, agba osika ni! Oya, tell the accused to appear before the Nairaland panel of jury to explain her conduct.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by sammieee(m): 8:29am On Dec 19, 2015
kaycodes:

I believe it's wrong to date your subordinate, especially in this circumstance, but you did the honourable thing by letting her know how you really felt about her. One can find love anywhere and yours shouldn't be an exception.

Now to the present issues if the lady in question doesn't have enough common sense to not let your crush on her affect her attitude then, she should be given the same treatment you would give any other employee for the same offense.

Now to address this, you can take two steps. Call her privately and categorically point out her rudeness to you, make sure you record the convo, and let her know that you totally respect her decisions not to date you, but just as you respect her she should also give you the respect as her boss. Make sure you point out that you will fire her if this repeats itself. Then call a staff meeting and give a general talk about attitude and how they can improve their general work relationship.

You expressed your love as a gentleman, you should also deal with her attitude professionally. Managing people requires skill, and being tolerant and firm at the same time is a skill you need to develop.
you are on point...
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Worksunlimited: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2015
mudility:

Sack her and man up to wat comes after? Would be a Wrong move...

Stop giving her attention and put her in her place... If u wan spite am even more import some new fish...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2015
op, don't sack her yet, rada give her a stern warning, and if sometin similar persist, then u can go ahead and dismiss her.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by Formidable1: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Don't sack her yet. What you should do is to call a general meeting in your office, and warn everyone including her,of the consequences of misbehaving at your workplace. Use the opportunity to stamp your authority and remind them that you're the boss and that any disrespect or misbehavior will no longer be tolerated and will be met with immediate sack.

Then if she continues such behavior, you'll be justified for sacking her.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by sammieee(m): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2015
oloriadejoke:
This is a new version of Jacob and Esau, Esau sold his birthright becos of pottage but now becos you want to date your employee you sold your right as her boss. She go do you shege,next time make the space between work and passion different
must u comment? Definitely you will do d same for yo boss if he approach you...smh
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by jnrbayano(m): 8:32am On Dec 19, 2015
kilonso001:
You made the mistake ab initio by asking her out. Now she has to loose her job because of that. Poor girl.

Exactly.
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by gulfer: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2015
If she can get her hands on this post, she can sue you asss out of existence and claim wrongful dismissal cool cool cool cool
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by bobbyluis(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2015
Give her a warning letter,don't sack her yet.if u sack her nw,she will start telling ppl u sacked her because she refused ur proposal. So just make it clear u r still her boss and u've left that behind u

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by femi4: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2015
misspicy:

so you expect your employee to approach you privately in order to advice you on how to run your business?.

bro there are two things involved
1)you are so blinded by love for the girl,that your reasoning is getting clouded, you still want her to change and say YES to you

2)maybe her physical attributes is really so endowed,you dnt just want to let go...you still wish she would say YES...

bro,put your foot on the ground it's your business,if you cannot cope with seeing her let her go tongue
Seconded
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by habiham: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2015
You don't need to sack her ... Just change the way u relate with her and let her realize you owns your company...
End time staff

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by peezu(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2015
stupidity:
So becoz she nor gree give you pvssy gonk, u wan sack her!!

Na u give her body see finish na, u go dey toast smally wey dey work under you, why she nor go get boldness.
truly you are what you said you are!!!!
Re: I Want To Sack My Employee I Was Crushing On. by DISTINGUISHED(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2015
...not right,
First you did the wrong thing by
Asking your subordinate out; not
Saying it bad outrightly but since
The feel/drive was from you alone
And you too interface on a daily basis,
She being your staff, you shouldn't have
Asked her out.

#remedy
...call a general meeting with all staff,
Emphasize seriously on #rude_behavior to
Colleagues, seniors and customers.

Slightly, mention her case and boldly
Tell the house that you were once attracted
To the staff, that you even approachd her
On it but with this current trend of her,
You're no longer interested.
...let this be on a lighter note but managed
It properly so it will be well understood.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / From Being An Errand Boy, Man Becomes A Car Dealer In Abuja. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.