Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,022 members, 7,821,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians (742 Views)

2019: Very Notable Nigerian Scores Buhari Govt / 12 Unforgettable Quotes Of Late Biafran Leader. / Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by domchido1: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2015
As the year winds up a list of popular quotes from notable Nigerian Politicians has been compiled.

This year will without a doubt remain one of the most memorable in the history of Nigeria’s politics as the nation’s polity was submerged with different events, from change in power, election controversies, corruption probe, among etc.

In the course of the eventful year, some notable politicians dropped some quotes that Nigerians will not forget in a hurry as many of the quotes stirred controversy.
Below are the quotes as compiled by Naij.com…

President Muhammadu Buhari
1. “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” – President Muhammadu Buhari. The president said this in his inaugural speech as he was sworn in as the 5th democratic leader which was held at the Eagles’ Square, Abuja.

Former Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi
2. “Poverty is the problem between the mindlessly rich and hopelessly poor” – Kayode Fayemi. The former Ekiti state governor said this during his ministerial screening.

Former Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola
3. “May our Loyalty never be tested” – Fashola The minister of power, work and housing said this in response to a question to god-fatherism during his ministerial screening.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan
4. “My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian” – Goodluck Jonathan. The former president speaking at a special church service to mark this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day, Jonathan reminded politicians that no ambition was worth the blood of innocent Nigerians, adding that if we continued to kill ourselves, there would be no nation to govern.

Minister for Information, Lai Mohammed
5. “I might have ruffled a few feathers in the course of my duties, it wasn’t personal” – Lai Mohammed. Nigeria’s minister of information stated this in his speech, during his ministerial screening.

Former first lady, Patience Jonathan
6. “Ojukwu is a great man, he died but his manhood lives on” – Patience Jonathan. Dame Patience put a noble meaning into the word “manhood”, however internet users did not miss the opportunity to have a good laugh upon hearing it. It is worth mentioning that the former First Lady is often attacked in social media over grammatical blunders in her speech.

shocked shocked grin SEE MORE >> http://www.unitednaija.com/2015/12/5339/
Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by Rudboy360(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by Heromaniaa: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2015
“Mr Orubebe, you are a former Minister of the Federal Republic .You are a statesman in your own right. You should be careful about what you say or what allegations or accusations you make. Certainly you should be careful about your public conduct” – Attahiru Jega
"Stealing is not corruption " GEJ
"Go and die" Adams Oshiomole
"I have never collected bribe in my life" Rotimi Amechi.
Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by kingsman66(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Former first lady of Nigerian seem not to complied hahahahaha
Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 19, 2015
Emir sanusi

" Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria "

Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2015
[sup][/sup] embarassed
Re: Check Out 10 Unforgettable Quotes Of 2015 From Notable Nigerian Politicians by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:06am On Dec 19, 2015
"I have never collected bribe in my life"- Rotimi Amaecchi

"Everybody in Rivers state know that Amaechi don't like money"- Rotimi Amaechi

(1) (Reply)

New NDDC Boss / THREAD CLOSED / Solution To Nigeria Crisis Lies In Her National Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.