Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why I Am A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Am A Christian (3483 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am A Christian by toneyb: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2009
noetic2:

I would honestly like u to emphasise on this statement. How does the bible disagree with my position?

Gen 1:3    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4    And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5    And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning the first day

noetic2:

18. spiritual illumination or awareness; enlightenment.

This definition is an acknowledgement of a spiritual light that is not accessible by human organs. This is the light God created in the very beginning.

Is it the same light that was not accessible by the human organs that the biblegod called night and day? Where is such written in the bible that there was ever a light that was not accessible to the human organs?
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic2: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2009
I would like to answer u with a question.

What is the difference between the light created in verse 3 AND the subsequent light vessels called moon and sun?

toneyb:

Is it the same light that was not accessible by the human organs that the biblegod called night and day? Where is such written in the bible that there was ever a light that was not accessible to the human organs?

The literal human interpretation of this light is called Day and Night. Day and Night symbolizes a full day.
Re: Why I Am A Christian by toneyb: 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2009
The "evening and morning" are all part of the spiritual light that are not accessible to human organs too? You have not answered anything by the way.
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic2: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2009
toneyb:

The "evening and morning" are all part of the spiritual light that are not accessible to human organs too? You have not answered anything by the way.

Now u have confirmed my fears.
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic2: 1:41am On Jul 05, 2009
why are they muslims or atheists?
Re: Why I Am A Christian by skydancer: 2:51am On Jul 05, 2009
I have a very nice article on Christianity for the free minded here, check out this topic : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292472.0.html#msg4136097
Re: Why I Am A Christian by olabowale(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2009
i dont think the thread starter noticed that no muslim stooped low enough in all the argument to care to know why he is a christian and not otherwise? reason is that the muslims dont care, because the obvious condition and classifcation is known; disbelief.

if a muslim will ask, it will be appropriate to ask; why are you in disbelief, or a disbeliever?
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic2: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2009
olabowale:

i dont think the thread starter noticed that no muslim stooped low enough in all the argument to care to know why he is a christian and not otherwise? reason is that the muslims dont care, because the obvious condition and classifcation is known; disbelief.

if a muslim will ask, it will be appropriate to ask; why are you in disbelief, or a disbeliever?

I think its more of : no muslim was intelligent enough to state his/her case.
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic2: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
uhmn grin grin
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2009
3. Women Rights/ Human Rights/Works of The spirit.

I love to protect the defenceless. women, children, poor people, orphans, convicted and condemend or ostracised people, including children, prostitutes, destitutes and refugees. I love to do my little bits to make the world a better place. Does my faith/believe in Jesus prevents me from doing this? NO. . . It actually considers them as good deeds.

I hate the incessant violations of human/women rights especially in islamic and atheist (communist) countries. I want to make the world a better place. The bible discourages me from beating my wife (when I marry one), divorce her by mouth 3 times, arrange temporary marriages et al . . ,  it encourages me to love her. The bible discourages me from condoning any form of evil (highlighted above) It encourages me to live above board. The bible (works of the spirit) conforms with my moral and personal convictions.

why would the bible tell me otherwise?

lets see what the bible really says about women - not the white washed BS liars put out to make their god look good

from leviticus

2"Speak to the sons of Israel, saying: 'When a woman gives birth and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean for seven days, (A)as in the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean.

3'On (B)the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4'Then she shall remain in the blood of her purification for thirty-three days; she shall not touch any consecrated thing, nor enter the sanctuary until the days of her purification are completed.

5'[b]But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean for two week[/b]s, as in her menstruation; and she shall remain in the blood of her purification for sixty-six days.

19'(B)When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening.

20'Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean.

21'Anyone who touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.

22'Whoever touches any thing on which she sits shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.

23'Whether it be on the bed or on the thing on which she is sitting, when he touches it, he shall be unclean until evening.

24'(C)If a man actually lies with her so that her menstrual impurity is on him, he shall be unclean seven days, and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean.

nice to see how Much your god really values women  cheesy cheesy cheesy

more on the value of woemn as compared with men:

Leviticus 27
Redeeming What Is the LORD's
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'If anyone makes a special vow to dedicate persons to the LORD by giving equivalent values, 3 set the[b] value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels[/b] [a] of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel ; 4 and if it is a [b]female, set her value at thirty shekels. [c] 5 If it is a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels [d] and of a female at ten shekels. [e] 6 If it is a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels [f] of silver and that of a female at three shekels [g] of silver. 7 If it is a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels [h] and of a female at ten shekels. 8 If anyone making the vow is too poor to pay the specified amount, he is to present the person to the priest, who will set the value for him according to what the man making the vow can afford.

viva equality and women's rights !  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2009
see as the bible celeberates the trustworthiness of women:

Nahum 3:13 (New International Version)

13 Look at your troops—
they are all women!
The gates of your land
are wide open to your enemies;
fire has consumed their bars.

what equality

1 Corinthians 14

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2 (King James Version)

1 Timothy 2

1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

7Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

8I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with[b] shamefacedness[/b] and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11[b]Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.[/b]

12[b]But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.[/b]

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

noetic, how can you rencocile this with the BS you posted?
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
11. How can u explain the many genocides, killings and ethnic cleansing that happened in the OLD TESTAMENT. the GOD of OT is a murderer, killer and a dangerous guy. If God is good, then He is not God, If God is Love then He is not God . . . or whatever.

The OT is a very interesting book. However like any other book, it is up to the reader to deduce ANYTHING he/she wants to from the book. while ur deduction from the OT is God is a bad guy, that is not my deduction.

My deduction from the OT is a GOD, who will keep HIS word, deliver HIS promises and protect HIS own, no matter what it takes. Even if it means the destruction of idolatry nations. The OT is a reflection of God's faithfullness to perfect HIS word, promises and assurances in HIS children's lives.

what a hypocrite!!

what did the first born sons of egypt have to do with anything? were they not just bystanders?

and what of the rape of women and the killing of blameless infants - look at this deluded goon cheesy cheesy cheesy

why would you deduce that bloody hypocrite who chastises muslims for defending themselves against the Quraiyish, while sparing women and children, as against the good God off the OT who wipes out entire nations cheesy cheesy cheesy

the spirit na wa! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic17: 10:02pm On May 02, 2010
I love this thread cheesy The good old days of noetic2
Re: Why I Am A Christian by skydancer: 4:54am On May 19, 2010
^^^Don't make fool of yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Idrico(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2010
Olabowale,you are the best.

Keep the flag of islam flying.Paradise is surely ur reward.Insha Allah
Re: Why I Am A Christian by noetic16(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2010
Idrico:

Olabowale,you are the best.

Keep the flag of islam flying.Paradise is surely your reward.Insha Allah

in ur dreams grin
Re: Why I Am A Christian by muhsin(m): 5:53pm On May 19, 2010
noetic16:

in your dreams grin

And yours (dream) tells you otherwise? grin
Re: Why I Am A Christian by benodic: 10:39pm On May 19, 2010
both christians and  moslems are pathetic. you people feel that the world revolves around you just because of the number of adherents you have.

it is always argument or counter argument. my religion is the greatest. my God is bigger than yours etc. arrant nonsense. i will rather have an atheist for a friend than either a christian or a moslem.

an atheist at least will accept me the way i am because he/she has all his/her reasoning faculties intact. and since i came to NL my feeling about this matter has been strenghened with what i am reading in one post after another.

so far as i am concerned the best people i have seen in this forum remains all the atheists in the house. when they present their cases they do it in a very logical and clear manner. meanwhile christians and moslems are still too busy fighting for their respective gods
Re: Why I Am A Christian by casmirnel: 10:19am On May 28, 2010
I dont agree wt U. Religion is the Opium of the people!!!
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Jimkab(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
It's disappointing that you don't know what Islam is all about you decided to tarnish the image of the noblest prophet Muhammad bn Abdullah.

Allah says in Qur'an 61 vs 6 "And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allâh unto you confirming the Taurât [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed . But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad SAW) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic.".

That is enough to clarify things for you.
Re: Why I Am A Christian by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^

It is enough to confuse anyone.

Muhammad was an usurper , period !!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? / This Is Why Every Muslim Should Accept Jesus As Their Messiah. / Deborah Samuel Death Taught Me A Lesson About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.