Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion (41199 Views)

Photos Of Don Jazzy Proposing To Tiwa Savage After Linda Ikeji Pregnancy News / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Lagos Sues AY And Davido Over Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by 2rutalk1: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
Pull him/her down syndrome! Nigerians will always look for a way to frustrate your effort whenever you start making progress in life. In saner climes, entrepreneurs are encouraged and protected but here in Nigeria, they will look for a way to frustrate your efforts - Sadists everywhere. The essence of this hunt is not to collect tax rather the whole scenerio is borne out of envy over the properties she displayed months ago. They have used Dasuki's case to tarnish her image without success now it is tax evasion. Once they see you open a business, they will do everything possible for you to close shop. Wicked country with wicked people without progress.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by mavinc4u(f): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
My question is does linda have Physical office or mobile office in Lagos. Please what has Lagos state done so far with the tax they collected from other people?
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Coolcash1: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
Obviously, Linda my babe set herself up...

However, I am ready to help her out and also handle her tax matters with LIRS at a very reasonable professional fee..

She doesn't need to waste money hiring one of the Big 4 firm...when it comes to real tax management talk to small and medium size accounting firms.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by tonychristopher: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Yoruba and envy sha ..but did she evade tax..how and where
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by kettykings: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:
When I read this post, I felt like throwing up. Gosh!! How did we come about people like this in this country?? Is Nigeria cursed or something??

Even though I doubt the authenticity of this news due to the source, I ask, is LI supposed to be above the law and exempt from her duties as a citizen of this country and a business woman in Lagos because "she's Igbo"??

People who visit her are drawn from many tribes, Yorubas inclusive. They help to give her the traffic which makes businesses [want to] advertise on her blog thereby helping her make money. But suddenly, when the government comes after her for tax evasion, it becomes a "Yoruba vendetta".

How could an issue of tax evasion be reduced to a tribal thing??

God forbid!! Tufia!!

Nigeria is cursed no wonder people are doing everything to stop biafra
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
Eledan:

You are very silly! Where else should the govt fund the budget if not from taxes! Those you mentioned pays minimum tax since their books are not open. Traders generally contributes the least to IGR in any state as most of them are tax averse.
I'm sure you live far away from Lagos to actually have an idea of where and how Lagos generates the IGR

Eledan but you sabi speak English oo!!
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by joey150(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
Since this biafran thing started,IBO people have been moaning about every little thing..its embarrassing. Everything is an attack on them.

And stop wondering.. Am IBO too.. But most of you better stfu!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by chccho(m): 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Wahala sleep jeje LI go wake am, this just reminds me of the adage that says when a little child gets his 1st pay, na Ankara him go use am buy...As far as am concerned LI created all dis problems for herself..it is a crime for any citizen to evade tax u can be jailed for it...I wonder who adviced Linda that the best place she could invest N600m is to buy a mansion in banana island!!!! Must u live in a mansion to prove how wealthy u are? Aren't there other money making ideas/Biz's where that huge sum of money could have been channeled to? Well the tax man has come and u must pay him his share..if u don't want the govt or the public to come after u,don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself..

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by free2blast(m): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
tonychristopher:
You need serious deliverance. Igbos and hatred is like bread and butter.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by haqueurate(m): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lol IRS is here for you babe, even in the US the fear of irs is the beginning of wisdom, keep fronting how much u make girl and forget their is somthing called incom tax abi
pay as you earn bae, in this case 30 mill should be chicken change naaa, banana linder tongue

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by wristbangle: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Linda shouldn't have flaunt that house in the 1st place because the cost of the property doesn't add up with her blogging business.

If it's in the overseas, by now she would have been fined.

Lagos state government took the right step to sue her for tax evasion on property but they should not sue her blogging business.

Imagine just common 4k since she became rich. Hian!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Commentus2: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:

You are even more sillier, if you don't realize that targeting people of a particular origin for your internal revenue at a time you like and claiming that the are invading your region makes you a classic hypocrite.
How many times has the Lagos government ever gone to generate revenue from tailors, omonile, agbo sellers.

The same people who few weeks ago were shedding crocodile tears about igbos invading their regions are now the most vocal opposition against igbo seccession to the extent that biafra promotion was even banned in nairaland.

You folks are a bunch very funny jokers and unserious folks.

@ mods congratulations if I am not banned for saying the fact the way it is.
Some folks self with wahala and kolo-mental! In what way is payment of tax a discrimination against Igbo, are you folks the only one paying tax in Lagos state or elsewhere in the country?! You people just like shielding your criminals and crying wolf about being ill treated!

All you antics are becoming stale, and about time sane folks ignore you for good! cool

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by musicwriter(m): 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
Eledan:

You are very silly! Where else should the govt fund the budget if not from taxes! Those you mentioned pays minimum tax since their books are not open. Traders generally contributes the least to IGR in any state as most of them are tax averse.
I'm sure you live far away from Lagos to actually have an idea of where and how Lagos generates the IGR

Wrong!. Those small shops pay through their nose.

If you own or have owned one of those shops you would understand how Lagos state government hound them with different taxes.

I was in a friend's shop the other day when they came in asking for "antenna fee". He told them he don't even use a television in the shop, but they insisted Lagos state government require he pay annual antenna fee or his shop will be locked up.

The worse is once you pay that, another tax collector group will surface from no where. Those that operate those small shops dun suffer. It's all about pay, pay, pay from Lagost government.

On Linda, they should tax her. There's a saying "he who fetches an ant infested firewood, invites the lizard to party".
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by peacefulpeace101(m): 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:
As usual, how else would the budget be funded if not from the tax from alaba, ladipo and igbo businesses
if u are lawless and taxes are not paid in your place of origin do not expect Lagos to share that lawlessness with your place of origin.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by tk4rd: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
onyegwu:
Honestly Linda jst created more enemies and problems for her self. Now all eyes is on her Haba! Who even advised her on such move of showing her wealth publicly like that. The other day is Dasuki today Lagos government on tax which will definitely not be business as usual may be b4 they jst feel she was jst trying to survive with the Blogging thing bt now dey have seen that they can get good money out from her. Tomorrow who knows they might send EFCC. I jst pray she learns from all these.
It was the Hot-Blooded Laura who did the showcasing for her ooo..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by AK481(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
Quick one:
Is seun a yoruba guy,the owner of nairaland paying tax?

Did linda pay property tax before getting her c of o?

How many bloggers have paid or normally pay their monthly taxes before?

This should be the pivot of any arguement.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by wristbangle: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

Take it easy bro.

It has nothing to do with tribalism ish! Big business men/women in lagos and other part of the country pay task very well.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Niceiroko: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
U r jealous
Eledan:

There is no enemy here!
She flaunted her wealth and the govt realised that she has either not been performing her civic duty or not doing enough going by the value of her property.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by silentc(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
It is sad how people are reacting to this matter.

Linda's blog is a business. It generates revenue from advertisement. As such it is a revenue generating business and she needs to pay taxes to the govt. No questions asked. Same for land tax for purchasing a new house.

Is it fair that she is unfairly targeted because she is a famous blogger? Yes it is. But it is a double sided coin. She has been successful from her blog and as such she cannot expect to be treated like the common person. The same way we are targeting politicians at the federal level who have stolen less than those that steal at the LGA level. To whom much is given, much is expected.

The public made Linda Ikeji successful and now she has to handle one of the downsides of being successful by the public.

It is like celebrities that want us to buy their movies and all they are advertising and selling while being on TV all day long, then all of a sudden turn around asking for privacy when something personal happens to them. You have put yourself in the public eye, gained from it, so you should be bold enough to handle the effects of it.

Same for Linda Ikeji.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by AK481(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
musicwriter:

Wrong!. Those small shops pay through their nose.

If you own or have owned one of those shops you would understand how Lagos state government hound them with different taxes.

I was in a friend's shop the other day when they came in asking for "antenna fee". He told them he don't even use a television in the shop, but they insisted Lagos state government require he pay annual antenna fee or his shop will be locked up.

The worse is once you pay that, another tax collector group will surface from no where. Those that operate those small shops dun suffer. It's all about pay, pay, pay from Lagost government.
Tell that mofo that an average keke driver pays 80,000 naira monthly as tax in lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by free2blast(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
AK481:
Quick one:
Is seun a yoruba guy,the owner of nairaland paying tax?

Did linda pay property tax before getting her c of o?

How many bloggers have paid or normally pay their monthly taxes before?

This should be the pivot of any arguement.
Your arguement lacks intellect and is dead on arrival the moment you came up with the issue of tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
obailala:
What sort of tribally depraved reasoning is this?... Oh dear! Who will deliver my people from this psychological affliction?
Story ...that is how Nigeria has been.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Forwetinnah: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
..underachievers are ALWAYS very loud about any little accomplishment they make? This is what happens when you expose yourself on cyberspace. So after making so much, she pays the government nothing? Yet dem dey collect my own steady from salary...no questions asked?

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by wristbangle: 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
mavinc4u:
My question is does linda have Physical office or mobile office in Lagos. Please what has Lagos state done so far with the tax they collected from other people?

Used for infra structural development.

She was sued for non payment of tax on her previous property and not ready to pay for her newly acquired property.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by ubah84(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
mavinc4u:
come to Lagos and see

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by vislabraye(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Are other bloggers also going to start paying tax ? Linda is successful, but she should have lived a low profile. I won't be surprised if the reason has to do with politics...
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by sarutobie(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Forwetinnah:
..underachievers are ALWAYS very loud about any little accomplishment they make? This is what happens when you expose yourself on cyberspace. So after making so much, she pays the government nothing? Yet dem dey collect my own steady from salary...no questions asked?
so Linda is an underachiever??
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by AyeeIdris(f): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
Dbboy:
how then did the lagos govt actually give her a C of O or R of O without actually collecting tax on the said property and why is this on paper or the intrenet i smell the APC govt are up to something sinister. apc trying to gag press fredom.

Thank you oooo. Somebody with sense. you cannot get your C of O without settling all taxes. The second bit of your argument.... I don't know oooo
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by qrymz(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
A source who works for d Lagos State govt told me about this over two months ago.... He actually said Gov Ambode himself personally requested to know if she pays her tax at a meeting he had with them after news of her acquiring a mansion surfaced. It's said she's over 100million naira behind in her tax.... Why you shouldn't blow ur trumpet somtyms

Nairapeople:
Multi-millionaire blogger, Linda Ikeji is in a battle with the Lagos Inland Revenue Service over an alleged tax evasion and it is authoritative.
It was gathered that all attempts to track down the blogger started about a month ago when the agency got information that the blogger has not been remitting necessary taxes to the state government but all attempts by the service were said to have been
frustrated.
A source informed that at a time she was to be served a notice of tax assessment, her father who was to receive the letter allegedly declined to do so saying she could not receive such a notice on behalf of Linda.
On the second occasion, the delivery man was turned back on the excuse that no individual known as Linda Ikeji was resident at the address traced to her business.
The agency however got their way last week as she was said to have been served at her new mansion in highbrow Banana Island while the inland revenue equally made a video and photo evidences to support the service.
A very reliable source at the tax office informed News of the People that checks conducted on the blogger revealed that she had only paid (N4,000) four thousand naira ever as tax to the state government.
At the moment LIRS is said to be requesting for her tax assessment of personal income with a caveat that failure to do so may compel them to proceed to court for a criminal proceedings.
A particular issue raised by a source was the withholding tax ought to have been paid to the state government on the 600 million naira property she recently acquired which may amount to about 30 million naira only.
It was hinted that if the blogger refuses to respond to the request of the inland revenue, the agency shall be forced to drag her to court to face the music.
When the blogger was contacted on the issue by this medium, she neither responded non acknowledged the message sent to her.

http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/blogger-linda-ikeji-in-trouble-with-lirs/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
30 million naira ONLY cheesy
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by gabicon: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
It's only natural that the government go after Linda, the banana island show off just opened her to the Lirs. She should have learnt from the likes of messi or neymar how to quietly evade tax with the code: keep quiet about income and purchases. I see the firs coming for their own pound of flesh too but on the brighter side her taxes are helping in infrastructural development.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Forwetinnah: 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
sarutobie:
so Linda is an underachiever??

I'll let you know that people who make silly millions(legit or not) don't go about flaunting except you go searching. She's bought just one house and the Internet is awash with her story. See the kind of attention she has dragged to herself and trust me, this is just the beginning

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charly Boy Turns Born Again At Christ Embassy Church. Meets Tom Amenkhienan / Queen Dimma Edochie Shines In Red In New Photoshoot / Destiny Etiko Survives Car Accident After Attending Stanley Okoro's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.