Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion (41206 Views)

Photos Of Don Jazzy Proposing To Tiwa Savage After Linda Ikeji Pregnancy News / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Lagos Sues AY And Davido Over Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by kokumo1949: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Dbboy:
how then did the lagos govt actually give her a C of O or R of O without actually collecting tax on the said property and why is this on paper or the intrenet i smell the APC govt are up to something sinister. apc trying to gag press fredom.

Am not sure if she has perfect her title with LASG . They will wait for her for other assessment that are due on transfer of ownership .
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
Boss13:
I don't know if this news is true but it's a welcome development. Linda is an amateur businesswoman. You don't advertise your wealth out in the open. Tax evasion is a criminal offense and offenders could be imprisoned. Guess her enemies are at work and want her out of the blogging business

The lady is a Simpleton.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by dualsurvey: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Eledan:

You are irremediably gone far into bigotry
She can relocate to her village and be blogging there if Lagos is choking her with the tax policy
Congratulations
Haba! Why taking this matter too far? How do u expect her to relocate to her village and be blogging from there, what if her village has no electricity and network? Let's stop all these and be serious.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Holyman3(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
I am an Igbo man, but i have no pity whatsoever for Linda Ikeji.
First of all, for a nation to develop, taxes must be paid (My only reservation is that the government are not reliable and accountable - but that is not an excuse)

Secondly, You don't buy a house worth 500 million and hide from paying tax to the state that created the roads where you take to your house. Try this in USA or China and you will die in jail.

Thirdly, she and her parrot sister should be told to be humble instead of shouting all over the internet as if they have more money than google or facebook.

I know some animals will think i am jealous or anything close to that but i really don't care.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
victorjam:
so ppl pay tax for bloggin? how many bloggers do pay tax? abeg make una free linda jare... d only tax she needs to pay is d one for d purchase of her house. no blogger in Nigeria pay tax. linda cant be made a scapegoat. Nigerians and bad belle

Linda compared herself to Perez Hilton a few days ago to explain how much bloggers make. She failed to add how much tax Perez Hilton pays. America doesn't joke wt taxes. They see income, they go straight to ur tax returns. If it doesn't match up, yawa don gas. They start investigating u. U pay up or ur jailed. Fact. Ask tinubu. Why do u tink he had to part wt all DT money even though they cldnt tie him to drugs?

All online businesses pay tax, even crowd funding websites in america pay taxes.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by azzima(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Can EVERYONE see how igbos have turned this into ethnic profiling .....as usual? These negros use sentimentalism over COMMON SENSE!

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
onyegwu:
Honestly Linda jst created more enemies and problems for her self. Now all eyes is on her Haba! Who even advised her on such move of showing her wealth publicly like that. The other day is Dasuki today Lagos government on tax which will definitely not be business as usual may be b4 they jst feel she was jst trying to survive with the Blogging thing bt now dey have seen that they can get good money out from her. Tomorrow who knows they might send EFCC. I jst pray she learns from all these.

Are you saying she is silly ?
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by symbian03(m): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
Adiwana:
People are jus jealous.Notin more noting else.I could remember that time she was banned,guys were jublating saying How woman go dey do all this..

The truth is,according to law,she must pay her taxes.But no for her blogging biz.Make una jus free the lady.haba

Are you ignorant bro? So you believe internet businesses shouldn't be paying taxes? Ohh your guess might even be that Google, Facebook and the likes don't pay their taxes? What a joker you are.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by PrinceMario(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:
As usual, how else would the budget be funded if not from the tax from alaba, ladipo and igbo businesses
Your village witches no try oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by symbian03(m): 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
googlepikin:
People are so dumb. Especially dis present lagos government. My cousin makes N800,000 from his YouTube channels and he's numerous websites. No joke. Google pays. All over the world government have no clue how to tax them bloggers. But guess what, lagos where people hate to see others eat. I just hope they are taxing her base on her house. But if its her blog website, then I believe ambode is madd.

No bro, you're apparently the most ignorant person on earth. You mean government don't tax bloggers even in western countries? Tell me something

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Acidosis(m): 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
I don't understand.
Should a freelancer who operates from the comfort of his home pay tax as well?
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
ernieboy:

Since when is asking you to pay ur tax bad Belle? Are u aware that those who work in the organised private sector and got ministries pay more tax than she does? This is because their taxes are usually deducted from source and if you consider the fact that these workers only earn a fraction of what she earns do you think it is fair for others to provide the infrastructure that she enjoys?

Why are they chasing that innocent hard working IGBO girl..... Federal Government made Dangote but still he does not pay Tax..... infact most of his importations are on waiver so why disturbing a self hustling girl....I have said it before, the hatred and Jealousy of Yorubas to Igbos have no Bound #fact
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by guccitype(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lubbish....... Ana akoheli.....Abeg you guys should live Linda alone. She is not the only blogger in Nigeria to buy a property and there is no law that prohibits one from flaunting her asset. First she was accused of collecting money from Dasuki and now it's tax. Why is it only her? Is she the only blogger in Nigeria that is successful? Now I see that the world does not like people who proper beyond their imagination. I know I am getting to the level of success. So the world should be ready for me cos am explode from their foundation not even the critics can stop me. Linda go on... God is with you and very soon the people behind all this will come asking for your forgiveness. Just develop thick skin and do your stuff. Ndi osu imi

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
AwiLand:

Why are they chasing that innocent hard working IGBO girl..... Federal Government made Dangote but still he does not pay Tax..... infact most of his importations are on waiver so why disturbing a self hustling girl....I have said it before, the hatred and Jealousy of Yorubas to Igbos have no Bound #fact
lol...then she should relocate to the East since ibos do not pay tax to their government

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by klax(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:
As usual, how else would the budget be funded if not from the tax from alaba, ladipo and igbo businesses

You are very stupid thunder fire you for that statement. Biko I repeat again thunder fire you that is why igbo can not be anything in Nigeria I'm not a yoruba ok my own papa and mana are real igbo to the core but just don't take my cool the way we Brags and chest beating with no sense

Nwanne I repeat God punish you plus thunder fire you. Boasting in another man's land and the demon chasing a moral fu cker like you from your village never rest. I went to a village a week ago close to my papa village I was ashamed of what I saw heavy mansion only to be occupied by gate man, lizards, cocroaches and I asked where are these guys the answer is they are in Lagos, Abuja and yet want biafra infact I repeat thunder fire you.

For Linda Lagos govt should go after her she must pay no mercy ok get your tax from her or she pack and go back to her village shameless ass holes. Bloody morons who loves claiming another man's land and left their land like a jungle with nothing serious to point to. Fuckingly hide the shameless heads in Lagos Abuja Kaduna Kano Ibadan and want biafra and the idiot came here to talk nonsense, thunder fire you bloody he-goat.

Say whatever I don't give a damn.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
1.Are bloggers supposed to pay tax?
2.There are hundreds of bloggers scattered around Nigeria that you don't know where they're blogging from and they don't pay tax. Most of them blog from there homes and that I heard is not taxable because you could be blogging from Trinidad and Tobago and no one wld know.
3.Linda brought this upon herself by always flaunting and showing off her wealth;not that she doesn't have the right to,but should be ready with whatever scandal or repercussions accompanies it.
There's nothing as fulfilling and humbling for me as being modest in anything I do;it doesn't matter how rich I am. There are many people who are as rich and even richer than her and her likes who prefare to keep a low profile-which discourages robbers and kidnappers from you..
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by papparatzzi2013: 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Acidosis:
I don't understand.

See question from a human being?

How do you want govt to fund its developmental projects?

What gives you the audacity to question govt spending?

Na wa o for some people o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
2.There are hundreds of bloggers scattered around Nigeria that you don't know where they're blogging from and they don't pay tax. Most of them blog from there homes and that I heard is not taxable because you could be blogging from Trinidad and Tobago and no one wld know.
3.Linda brought this upon herself by always flaunting and showing off her wealth;not that she doesn't have the right to,but should be ready with whatever scandal or repercussions accompanies it.
There's nothing as fulfilling and humbling for me as being modest in anything I do;it doesn't matter how rich I am. There are many people who are as rich and even richer than her and her likes who prefare to keep a low profile-which discourages robbers and kidnappers from you. One thing about us nigerians is that we like to show off-show the world we've arrived.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Babacele: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:
When I read this post, I felt like throwing up. Gosh!! How did we come about people like this in this country?? Is Nigeria cursed or something??

Even though I doubt the authenticity of this news due to the source, I ask, is LI supposed to be above the law and exempt from her duties as a citizen of this country and a business woman in Lagos because "she's Igbo"??

People who visit her are drawn from many tribes, Yorubas inclusive. They help to give her the traffic which makes businesses [want to] advertise on her blog thereby helping her make money. But suddenly, when the government comes after her for tax evasion, it becomes a "Yoruba vendetta".

How could an issue of tax evasion be reduced to a tribal thing??

God forbid!! Tufia!!
bros the thing tire me o!
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
njays24:
There's nothing as fulfilling and humbling for me as being modest in anything I do;it doesn't matter how rich I am. There are many people who are as rich and even richer than her and her likes who prefare to keep a low profile-which discourages robbers and kidnappers from you..
there is something called PAYE.since she recieves income, she is supposed to remit her tax, there is another tax called witholding tax which have to remitted, and then there s tenement tax.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Acidosis(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
papparatzzi2013:

See question from a human being?
How do you want govt to fund its developmental projects?
What gives you the audacity to question govt spending?
Na wa o for some people o.
You're sick
Do you know the meaning of freelance?
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
ehie:
there is something called PAYE.since she recieves income, she is supposed to remit her tax, there is another tax called witholding tax which have to remitted, and then there s tenement tax.
These taxes you have mentioned,is she supposed to pay it to the state or federal govt? Because bloggers are directly or indirectly mobile. They're like avalanche,they can work from anyway. Except you're saying that Linda has a visible office and employees..
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Acidosis:
I don't understand.

As long as u have a registered business & earn income, u must pay tax.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
njays24:
These taxes you have mentioned,is she supposed to pay it to the state or federal govt? Because bloggers are directly or indirectly mobile. They're like avalanche,they can work from anyway. Except you're saying that Linda has a visible office and employees..
tenement tax is to the state and the state will require land tax too.she should hire an accountant and put a lawyer on retainership want to ball with big boys play like them.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by papparatzzi2013: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
Acidosis:

You're sick

So being a freelancer frees you from your civic duty?

How daft can you be?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Fanirandele: 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
njays24:

she gave a Lagos address as her business address so she has to pay tax to lagos state. its mentioned in the write up that they went to the address that she gave as her business address. So she's meant to pay business tax as well an income tax plus the tax for her house

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Fanirandele: 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
Acidosis:

You're sick

Even if you are a freelancer, you'll have to pay income tax.Anyone who earns an income is meant to pay income tax then if the business is yours you'll also pay business tax

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
Fanirandele:

she gave a Lagos address as her business address so she has to pay tax to lagos state. its mentioned in the write up that they went to the address that she gave as her business address. So she's meant to pay business tax as well an income tax plus the tax for her house
Ok,thanks for explaining it perfectly.
Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by papparatzzi2013: 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
njays24:

How many writers have an office?

Do they fulfill their civic duties or not?

As long as you are earning income whether in space or inside the sea and such falls within a geographical entity, you are bound to pay the tax on such income.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by BumbleDevil: 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:

By their stupidity, we shall know them. Flat head

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:
You are a stupid gorilla!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bridal Shower Of Mercy Chinwo (Photos, Video) / Tope Alabi Celebrates Her 50th Birthday With Stunning Pictures / Destiny Etiko Survives Car Accident After Attending Stanley Okoro's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.