Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members (7419 Views)

NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria 2017 / NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria / List Of NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Callmemike(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
I will try to be simple, and straight to the point.

Batch B, Stream 2 corp members passed out from camp last Monday December 14, 2015. However, in their posting letters, they will finish service by September 27,2015. Their date of registraton was set at 27 October 2015

Stream A corp member left camp a month or so before them, yet they will finish on the same date.

This leads me to ask these pertinent questions.

1. NYSC is a one year program. Why the cut to 10 months (for stream B) and 11 months (for stream A)?

2. And more importantly, it is clear that stream A will lose 1 month federal allowance and stream B will forgo 2 months of theirs. Into whose coffers are the monies going into?

It is not the fault of any corp member that their service year was cut short. The money has been allocated. Hence they deserve full payment. Anything short of this is diversion of funds, corruption.

Do the imaginary maths to drive home the point:
(N19800 x 2 months x Number of Batch B stream B) + (N19800 x 1 month x Number of stream A corpers)

Let voices be raised now when it is still young. At least let NYSC know that we are not turning a blind eye to their whims!!

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, Crazyman, yokiti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by fromnigeria(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
Most times Pouplation is the reason for streams. You have a point and I wonder if thats what it Is.

1 Like

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by AceRoyal: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lolzzzz,I hope they will be probed. This government is also very corrupt.
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Callmemike(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
fromnigeria:
Most times Pouplation is the reason for streams. You have a point and I wonder if thats what it Is.

Yes my brother. I understand the reason for the streams. Population is much. But my interest is with the allowance that will certainly not be paid, though it is resting comfortably in somebody's bank account.
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Donpizzle(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
Callmemike:

Yes my brother. I understand the reason for the streams. Population is much. But my interest is with the allowance that will certainly not be paid, though it is resting comfortably in somebody's bank account.

From stream A corpers: we will b paid two months salary on the day of Pop. That settles it. Don't know for stream B.
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by SlickM(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
it's obvious stream 2 is at a disadvantage. It's unfair as both stream 1 & 2 were called to serve the same time
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by ims80s(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
I thought they will pay the 2 streams December's Alawee.

1 Like

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by prettyjo(f): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2015
its still far naa .
wait till they don't pay the allowance before you start complaining
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Larryupsy: 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
Regardless of what, both the two streams would be paid the twelve months completely. OP shouldn't go about feeding people with false information

3 Likes

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2015
Good morning bro. I clearly understand you because I also fall into 2015 batch A stream II category.

1. Streams are brought up because of two reasons: (I) Some states' camp are being used for idps. e.g. Adamawa, Yobe, Bornu... hence their campings are moved to some neighbouring states. e.g Adamawa corpers camped in Taraba state, so we have to wait for the 'real' taraba corpers to finish their camping before we began ours, hence the reason for stream II.

(II) some states are very big and demands large numbers of people and cannot be accommodated at once in the camp, hence they are divided into 2 e.g Benue state, Lagos, Kaduna, Ogun...

2. On the issue of Number of months, it is still going to be 12 months payment. NYSC has always been 11months duration spanning between 12 calender months. There is always 3weeks terminal leave hence the payment of double Allawee at the last month of the service. Batch A registered on 04/05/15 and will leave 05/04/16...that is 336 days equivalent to 11months. Same thing with yours (from 27/10 to 27/09/16).
As for stream II, they will be paid 12months too, although one month's payment won't be 'regular'. Batch A stream II are now being paid their May Allawee in this December/January. We were at home in May because of stream II issue but are now getting paid.

So, calm down bro. Your Allawee is INTACT.

3 Likes

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by sod09(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Dude get ur facts right.... U will be paid December alawee same time wit stream a...nd check ur nysc I.d card
It's stated d card will expire Oct
So u will be paid oct too...fara bale oga

1 Like

Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by prodiG(m): 6:55am On Dec 23, 2015
abrahamsom:
Good morning bro. I clearly understand you because I also fall into 2015 batch A stream II category.

1. Streams are brought up because of two reasons: (I) Some states' camp are being used for idps. e.g. Adamawa, Yobe, Bornu... hence their campings are moved to some neighbouring states. e.g Adamawa corpers camped in Taraba state, so we have to wait for the 'real' taraba corpers to finish their camping before we began ours, hence the reason for stream II.

(II) some states are very big and demands large numbers of people and cannot be accommodated at once in the camp, hence they are divided into 2 e.g Benue state, Lagos, Kaduna, Ogun...

2. On the issue of Number of months, it is still going to be 12 months payment. NYSC has always been 11months duration spanning between 12 calender months. There is always 3weeks terminal leave hence the payment of double Allawee at the last month of the service. Batch A registered on 04/05/15 and will leave 05/04/16...that is 336 days equivalent to 11months. Same thing with yours (from 27/10 to 27/09/16).
As for stream II, they will be paid 12months too, although one month's payment won't be 'regular'. Batch A stream II are now being paid their May Allawee in this December/January. We were at home in May because of stream II issue but are now getting paid.

So, calm down bro. Your Allawee is INTACT.
Guy do u hv any proof that batch a stream 2 is being paid may allawee because a friend serving in benue said d 2 months allawee was for Nov and Dec
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2015
prodiG:
Guy do u hv any proof that batch a stream 2 is being paid may allawee because a friend serving in benue said d 2 months allawee was for Nov and Dec

Ask your friend to re-check it very well, it is November and May allowance, not November and December.

Anyway, you should ask yourself why will December Allawee be paid in December? Simply impossible.
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by 2el(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
yokiti, pls do the needful
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by prodiG(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2015
abrahamsom:

Ask your friend to re-check it very well, it is November and May allowance, not November and December.

Anyway, you should ask yourself why will December Allawee be paid in December? Simply impossible.
pls,which other state apart from benue has been paid this may allawee?
Re: Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members by Thermythorpe(f): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
And I was here wondering how December allawee that we have not signed it's P.V is being paid in December..!,...

(1) (Reply)

The Wrong Use Of Copper And Corper! / Nysc Batch B 2016 Kano Corpers, Lets Meet Here / "We've Demystified COVID-19 In Kogi" - Yahaya Bello Assures Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.