Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Power Of Kindness (1). - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Power Of Kindness (1). (2398 Views)

Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness / Haven't Seen This Sort Of Kindness...ever! Soul-satisfying Indeed! / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Kindness (1). by Btruth: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2015
Sunday December 20

“Be devoted to one another.”  Ro 12:10 NIV

The power of kindness (1)

Sometimes we think that in order to be successful we have to be tough, hardnosed, and stoic in how we relate to others. Some folks even go so far as to interpret kindness as weakness and vulnerability. Nothing could be further from the truth. Kindness signals tremendous inner strength that others not only appreciate, but respect. Aesop wrote a fable in which the wind and the sun argued over who was the stronger. “Do you see that old man down there?” the wind asked. “I can make him take off his coat quicker than you can.” The sun agreed to duck behind a cloud while the wind blew up a storm. But the harder the wind blew the more firmly the traveler wrapped his coat around him. Eventually the wind gave up and the sun reappeared, smiling kindly upon the old man. Before long he mopped his brow, shed his heavy coat and strolled away. The sun knew the secret: Warmth, friendliness, and a gentle touch are always more effective than force and fury. Jesus was hard on hypocrites and those who took advantage of others. But to everyone else, including society’s rejects, He showed great kindness. He came into an unkind, dog-eat-dog, every-man-for-himself culture where there were no mental health institutions, hospitals, orphanages, or organizations of mercy. Yet He poured the milk of human kindness into every bowl of human suffering. And at the cross He demonstrated the ultimate cost of kindness—and in so doing, changed the world for all time. So, “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2015
That wind and sun story had nothing to do with kindness. Simply playing to your strenghts.

Won't comment on the religious things. You're entitled to your beliefs.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:
That wind and sun story had nothing to do with kindness. Simply playing to your strenghts.

My lovely, smart, articulate, sweetheart, Bolu. grin

You still mad at me? cheesy
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by IamLucy(f): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

sorry. cheesy mind reminding the name of that dude that sang grow up?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
IamLucy:

sorry. cheesy mind reminding the name of that dude that sang grow up?

Macklemore. Ed Sheeran is in it too!
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by IamLucy(f): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

thank ya
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by bluntspade: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

babe always make sure you edit you teeth color before you upload..the third one is yellow...yuck
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
bluntspade:
babe always make sure you edit you teeth color before you upload..the third one is yellow...yuck

Lol I don't have yellow teeth love. My teeth are pearly whites. I noticed it looked yellow afterwards. But I'm not going to change it.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

My lovely, smart, articulate, sweetheart, Bolu. grin

You still mad at me? cheesy

Mad at you shocked

Neverrrr!
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

Mad at you shocked

Neverrrr!

Liar!
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Liar!

I could never lie to you.

Why would I ever be mad at you ? You're my friend.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

I could never lie to you.

Why would I ever be mad at you ? You're my friend.

Well you sounded like you were mad. With all the delusional biitch and head in snow issh.

Anyways, truce?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Well you sounded like you were mad. With all the delusional biitch and head in snow issh.

Anyways, truce?

Lol truce is for losers. And I'm not mad smiley. If I was you wouldn't know Anyways smiley. So I could be.

Anyways how was Sherlock?!?!
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

Lol truce is for losers. And I'm not mad smiley. If I was you wouldn't know Anyways smiley. So I could be.

Anyways how was Sherlock?!?!

Lol. Okay. What if you are actually mad and you are cooking up a diabolical revenge plan? Spooky!

Sherlock is actually great. I like the movie.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Lol. Okay. What if you are actually mad and you are cooking up a diabolical revenge plan? Spooky!

Sherlock is actually great. I like the movie.

It's a Tv show!!!!!!!!!

You should keep watching! It's the best.

Disclaimer: There's one season; 3 episodes every two/three years so you've to be patient cheesy.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

It's a Tv show!!!!!!!!!

You should keep watching! It's the best.

Disclaimer: There's one season; 3 episodes every two/three years so you've to be patient cheesy.

Yeah, whatever.

I am slowly absorbing myself into the SHOW, honestly I am actually loving it.

Every two to three years?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Yeah, whatever.

I am slowly absorbing myself into the SHOW, honestly I am actually loving it.

Every two to three years?

Yes. Every two or three years.

Lol what were you trying to accomplish today ? I assumed you wanted a rise from me. Or something that would show some sort of attachment to you.

But satisfy my curiosity. If you don't mind.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

Yes. Every two or three years.

Lol what were you trying to accomplish today ? I assumed you wanted a rise from me. Or something that would show some sort of attachment to you.

But satisfy my curiosity. If you don't mind.

I was just messing with you. I enjoy messing with people. It's fun.

Basically, I wanted to see your reaction, and I did.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

I was just messing with you. I enjoy messing with people. It's fun.

Basically, I wanted to see your reaction, and I did.

Lol and with MsPhyno ? You wanted her reaction too ?

Mhm. Did you get the reaction you were expecting ?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

Lol and with MsPhyno ? You wanted her reaction too ?
Mhm. Did you get the reaction you were expecting ?
Msphyno? When?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Msphyno? When?

Ignoring my question are we?

Yous had a conversation about being nice where you weren't being nice. For someone you could date and you find intriguing you'd think you'd classify her under people whose feelings you care about tongue

Are you a man of your word ?

And what are you getting for Christmas!!!! ?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
YourMain:

Ignoring my question are we?

Yous had a conversation about being nice where you weren't being nice. For someone you could date and you find intriguing you'd think you'd classify her under people whose feelings you care about tongue

Are you a man of your word ?

And what are you getting for Christmas!!!! ?

Oh that. I wasn't really messing with her, I was being honest.
Because I said I could date someone doesn't mean I would sacrifice telling the unadulterated truth on the altar of "being nice"
Of course I care about her feelings, like I do few people. But it's not like I actually hurt her feelings.

But I wish she showed a bit of anger and real emotion. Not some fake replies and smileys. I hate when people pretend to not feel hurt. It's annoying.

Yes, I am a man of my words.

Honestly I don't know. sad What are you getting for Christmas? cheesy
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
Decker:

Oh that. I wasn't really messing with her, I was being honest.
Because I said I could date someone doesn't mean I would sacrifice telling the unadulterated truth on the altar of "being nice"
Of course I care about her feelings, like I do few people. But it's not like I actually hurt her feelings.

But I wish she showed a bit of anger and real emotion. Not some fake replies and smileys. I hate when people pretend to not feel hurt. It's annoying.

Yes, I am a man of my words.

Honestly I don't know. sad What are you getting for Christmas? cheesy

Awh. Aren't you sweet smiley.

I already got all my Christmas presents lol. I won't tell you because it makes me seem very shallow tongue

shocked what would you like for Christmas. If you could have anything in the whole wide world. What three things would you have ?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2015
YourMain:

Awh. Aren't you sweet smiley.

I already got all my Christmas presents lol. I won't tell you because it makes me seem very shallow tongue

shocked what would you like for Christmas. If you could have anything in the whole wide world. What three things would you have ?

You really love sarcasm, don't you?

Come on tell me, you won't sound shallow to me smiley

I have a business idea I just started with a friend. If the idea can materialize and work out as we planned, that would be the best christmas gift ever

Three things. Bill gate's wealth of course, Immortality, and the ability to be able to control people and let them do my bidding.

What about you?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Decker:

You really love sarcasm, don't you?

Come on tell me, you won't sound shallow to me smiley

I have a business idea I just started with a friend. If the idea can materialize and work out as we planned, that would be the best christmas gift ever

Three things. Bill gate's wealth of course, Immortality, and the ability to be able to control people and let them do my bidding.

What about you?

No! Even I sound shallow to me.

I hope you're nice to this friend. And he/she doesn't have a diabolical plan to run away with all your money grin

Lol you really have a thing with controlling people. Why ? Wouldn't you get bored ? Knowing that people are just doing things because you compel them not because they actually want to.

Ability to control time. Immortality to a certain extent. And to be successful.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 21, 2015
YourMain:

No! Even I sound shallow to me.

I hope you're nice to this friend. And he/she doesn't have a diabolical plan to run away with all your money grin

Lol you really have a thing with controlling people. Why ? Wouldn't you get bored ? Knowing that people are just doing things because you compel them not because they actually want to.

Ability to control time. Immortality to a certain extent. And to be successful.

The friend is a he, and if the business turns out successful, he can't run away with the money. It's not even possible.

Why? I don't know. It feels great to have a certain form of power over others. There is no greater feeling than knowing you can have your way with anyone, male or female.

Bored? That's impossible. It's fun on a whole new level.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 21, 2015
Decker:

The friend is a he, and if the business turns out successful, he can't run away with the money. It's not even possible.

Why? I don't know. It feels great to have a certain form of power over others. There is no greater feeling than knowing you can have your way with anyone, male or female.

Bored? That's impossible. It's fun on a whole new level.

You should sleep.

I think it'd be more satisfying that someone's doing what you want because they want to.

Of course you'd be bored. No one would ever argue with you or question you. If you compelled a woman to marry you there'd be no wooing or even the excitement of the chase. Sex will even be bland.

Lol that's what you'd think. People can be surprising.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 21, 2015
YourMain:

You should sleep.

I think it'd be more satisfying that someone's doing what you want because they want to.

Of course you'd be bored. No one would ever argue with you or question you. If you compelled a woman to marry you there'd be no wooing or even the excitement of the chase. Sex will even be bland.

Lol that's what you'd think. People can be surprising.

Why are you advising me to sleep all of a sudden?

In some case it is, but in some, it isn't.

If I could compel someone, it won't be to marry me, that's a complete waste of compulsion. I'd do other stuff. More "interesting" stuff.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 21, 2015
Decker:

Why are you advising me to sleep all of a sudden?

In some case it is, but in some, it isn't.

If I could compel someone, it won't be to marry me, that's a complete waste of compulsion. I'd do other stuff. More "interesting" stuff.

Because you usually always go to bed early.

Oooooooooooh stuff like what ?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 21, 2015
YourMain:

Because you usually always go to bed early.

Oooooooooooh stuff like what ?

No, I actually don't have a specific time I go to bed. If sleep comes, I sleep, but if I don't feel sleepy, I just find something to do.

Interesting stuff. Let's leave it at that.
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 21, 2015
Decker:

No, I actually don't have a specific time I go to bed. If sleep comes, I sleep, but if I don't feel sleepy, I just find something to do.

Interesting stuff. Let's leave it at that.

Lol you're not very nice.

Do you have any brothers and/or sisters ?

You haven't updated your diary in a while... Cen fath ?

Are you for or against abortion ?
Re: The Power Of Kindness (1). by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 21, 2015
YourMain:

Lol you're not very nice.

Do you have any brothers and/or sisters ?

You haven't updated your diary in a while... Cen fath ?

Are you for or against abortion ?

Why am I not very nice?

Yes, I have a two other siblings. A sister who is about your age and a younger brother.

Yeah, nothing to write. lol. I don't like revealing much of my offline escapades anyway.
What the fuq is Cen fath?

Well, on the issue of abortion, if someone feels she doesn't want to a child and she decides to abort the pregnancy, I don't see anything wrong in that. I mean, no need giving birth to a child you obviously aren't ready to raise.

And most people say that it's murder and all that issh. In my opinion, you aren't actually killing anyone. The child isn't formed completely yet, and most abortions are done just less than a month into the gestation. It's no different from using contraceptives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need The Yoruba Name For This Herb. / Photos: Dead Female Body On Unilag Road / The Parable Of The Pencil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.