Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence (23716 Views)

Enugu Massacre: President Buhari Meets Enugu State Governor Ugwuanyi (photos) / Shiite Muslims In Kano Mourn Victims Of Zaria Massacre / EDITORIAL: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 2:25am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:

non-violent you say
did you watch the video?
Carrying cutlasses knives and the rest
but what stopped them from letting the COAS to pass then continue with what ever it is that's so important to them that they are doing sef?
Not like chairs or speakers was on the road that will make it so difficult for them cos they have to move stuff from the road
just like that!
Abeg go and ask what it means to be the chief of army staff. if that man had turned back enh
You and i will never have peace again in this country
#fact

This is the kind of trash you spill wen u r d only educated person ( half). In your local government.

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 2:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Matty33:
This is a democracy and you are entitled to your opinion. My submission is that what the Shiites did was insulting to our nation, it is one of the indicators of a failing state. If the Army had not done what they did, something more disastrous would have been done to them by another group say a day or two after. Nigs should know that the Army is the only institution that has prevented this nation from collapse and anyone or group of persons that think they can toy with the Army should think twice. The Chief of Army Staff can't be treated like this, totally unacceptable.

Well said, u just reasoned like a very experienced animal. From dis Zoo,......I dnt know wen the army turn cultist wey civilians go dey fear.....dnt get me wrng Ooooo, but the last, I mean very last cause of death of any civilian shld be her own military...The group ddnt act well. Too, but bikonu killing women nd. Children is nt nd will never b right!...Now you wonder why USA will never sell arms to your army

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 2:44am On Dec 21, 2015
jaybee:

PMB has not only the right, but the obligation to allow the institutions of state to perform their constitutional duties unhindered. No one contends with state might without paying for it. You can ask Biafra soldiers, boko haram and others.

If you want to keep your life don't confront the state. You may confront the President, COAS, Minister, governor, or other state officials, but not the state itself as the security of the state is far above any individual considerations. No sovereign nation state will sit down and allow miscreants in whatever guise molest it and go free, either externally or internally.

I wonder what kind of skul produce pple like you, read what you typed again nd find d sense in it, lemme ask you one question....In a democratic setting, WHO IS THE STATE?....sadly, u mst have shared this your barbaric thought with a young one who looks up to you for. Critical analysis nd assessment....And you even added. Boko haram to your list off pple dat I shld go and ask...d same BH and is doing shopping in barracks nd millitary cnt defeat for ova 6yrs bah...or d BH that is taking 234 chibok gals on two years post waec excursion

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by magicalx(m): 4:50am On Dec 21, 2015
kay29000:
People are making all this seem as if the military went to a community and opened fire on a bunch of innocent civilians. Have you guys watched the video? These people had machetes in hand, and were shouting allah akbar, and a top military officer walked into their midst, not caring for his life, and even shouted out an order to his boys "DON'T SHOOT!!!" He walked in there, and faced one of the shi'ite men, one on more, and pleaded with him to control the mob. He and others begged this people for 10 good minutes...I mean, top military men begging you just to let them pass in peace. Come on!

So? Is that why they should be killed? You must be an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by tammie24: 5:17am On Dec 21, 2015
elmisti:

This is the kind of trash you spill wen u r d only educated person ( half). In your local government.
Mr fully educated
nor vex u hear,
If them born you
When you see soldier carry gun
go stand for him front say u get right
If the no scatter your mosquito legs commot for road
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by proprince(m): 6:05am On Dec 21, 2015
Clueless president
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Kingkamal(m): 7:24am On Dec 21, 2015
They are armed civilians... secondly this case is sensitive he has to get the full report of the incidence before taking action... alzakzaky is a criminal. But I felt bad about what happened. He should have run before they came to his house. That's smartness as a criminal. Anyway is a lesson nobody is above government
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Kingkamal(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2015
magicalx:

So? Is that why they should be killed? You must be an illiterate
I guess you and them are the illiterate next time you see military vehicles stop them and bring out machete confront them and see how knowledgeable you are. Not even COAS. Selfish thinker.
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:
Mr fully educated
nor vex u hear,
If them born you

Now I don't know how d society will develop wen pple still think like you do, Good job demonizing the NA....
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by tammie24: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2015
elmisti:

Now I don't know how d society will develop wen pple still think like you do, Good job demonizing the NA....
it's not about Nigerian Army
where in the world would you drag road with the army
esp when you are even wrong
The COAS is even a nice person sef
trying to persuade them to leave the road
try it in another country
esp one like Nigeria where they already have terrorists threat
then come back and tell us yr story
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:
it's not about Nigerian Army
where in the world would you drag road with the army
esp when you are even wrong
The COAS is even a nice person sef
trying to persuade them to leave the road
try it in another country
esp one like Nigeria where they already have terrorists threat
then come back and tell us yr story

I guess by "other countries" u mean fellow jungles in Africa where d military kill civilians like its a hunting game

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by tammie24: 9:41am On Dec 21, 2015
elmisti:

I guess by "other countries" u mean fellow jungles in Africa where d military kill civilians like its a hunting game
i give up!
Your case is a serious one
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by elmisti(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:
i give up!
Your case is a serious one

Shut up jare, after you realize ur ignorance, to apologize for your early foolishness becomes problem.....It will never happen in any right thinking nation, military won't kill civilians publicly....if there av bn any in a right thinking nation, produce evidence or shut up!

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by tammie24: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2015
elmisti:

Shut up jare, after you realize ur ignorance, to apologize for your early foolishness becomes problem.....It will never happen in any right thinking nation, military won't kill civilians publicly....if there av bn any in a right thinking nation, produce evidence or shut up!
your matter eh!
I will not argue with you anylonger
it's official
your stupidity level is 10 out of 10
Perfect score
congrats
so long!
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Sam32(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2015
kay29000:

Thank you o! Al least someone with some sense. I watched the video were the top military men went into their midst to beg them to just let them pass, yet they were adamant, shouting allah akbar, and raising up machetes.
They blocked the road doesn't mean you have to massacre thousands, majority of which might not even know to reason for the outrage because only so much can be at the forefront. This shows the lack of understanding on the part of the army to handle civilian misconduct. Is there nothing like teargas, clubs. Even if they were with machetes, they never drew first blood, so the military had no just reason to massacre thousands. Bros get mature, don't worship the military!

1 Like

Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2015
chesterlee:
His growing silence is really affecting many things...

You don't speak through spokespersons/Governors when the people you swore to protect are being massacred.

Cc Lalasticlala

He doesn't speak, you read his body language (s).... that's how we roll grin grin
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by obidaddy: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:
Mr fully educated
nor vex u hear,
If them born you

You are pathetic and your reasoning shallow like a dung hole. A military that terrorise its own people ain't no army at all. Many of you supporting this gross violation of human lifes are either bloody soldiers or suffering from military rule hangover. It is unheard of in decent societies for soldiers to lift a finger on any civilian and citizens. An army that readily flee from boko haram unleashing so much fire power on dagger n stick wielding zealots is the height of cowardice. I pray God Almighty make you guys applauding this crass destruction of innocent lives become victims and your loved ones soon. Vampires!
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Matty33(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
elmisti:

Well said, u just reasoned like a very experienced animal. From dis Zoo,......I dnt know wen the army turn cultist wey civilians go dey fear.....dnt get me wrng Ooooo, but the last, I mean very last cause of death of any civilian shld be her own military...The group ddnt act well. Too, but bikonu killing women nd. Children is nt nd will never b right!...Now you wonder why USA will never sell arms to your army
U've just reasoned like a chimpanzee that has freedom of speech, if u like u can join them. How I wish u could see beyond ur nose to have mentioned America and arms denial to Nigeria!
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by tammie24: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
obidaddy:

You are pathetic and your reasoning shallow like a dung hole. A military that terrorise its own people ain't no army at all. Many of you supporting this gross violation of human lifes are either bloody soldiers or suffering from military rule hangover. It is unheard of in decent societies for soldiers to lift a finger on any civilian and citizens. An army that readily flee from boko haram unleashing so much fire power on dagger n stick wielding zealots is the height of cowardice. I pray God Almighty make you guys applauding this crass destruction of innocent lives become victims and your loved ones soon. Vampires!
civilians with cutlasses and knives abi
Me and my loved ones are law abiding citizens that won't go challenging armed soldiers so that can't happen to us
it is yr people who are born lawless
my advice to you is train your children to be responsible and don't go about blocking roads thinking they own the country.
If you don't, they may suffer the same faith as those that were killed. may their souls rest in peace
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by AhmadMind: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
embarassedThank you...You have a Brain!

I would like to pose this question only to the Legally minded/Or Lawyers on Nairaland...

.....QUESTION: What is the difference between Murder and Homicide?

In my mind Gaining access...then mobilising to return for a "Killing spree" is Pre-Meditated and therefore murder!

Boss13:
Supported. Let the COAS go and explain himself and one of the recommendations, apart from compensation, should be instant sacking for gross misconduct and abuse of power.

Certainly, the shites group are not expected to block the road, but not after you have gain access you return back to kill them off

Suppose it was a civilian delayed in Zaria would people be slaughtered? Alternatively suppose it was a Civilian President (though c-in-c) would the Army have to kill x10 the number of people to prove a point?

Suppose Brutai's Village was attacked by BH tonight....Will all the Army Mobilise and invade the Sambiasi Forest... thought so too
undecided undecided
kay29000:
People are making all this seem as if the military went to a community and opened fire on a bunch of innocent civilians. Have you guys watched the video? These people had machetes in hand, and were shouting allah akbar, and a top military officer walked into their midst, not caring for his life, and even shouted out an order to his boys "DON'T SHOOT!!!" He walked in there, and faced one of the shi'ite men, one on more, and pleaded with him to control the mob. He and others begged this people for 10 good minutes...I mean, top military men begging you just to let them pass in peace. Come on!
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by femiero: 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
saxywale:

There is an unedited video on the internet showing soldiers moving from house to house executing innocent people including women and children, this was a day after the road blockade issue.

please give me a link to the video. Thank you.
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 22, 2015
Reading this islamics articles is wasting of time.
Re: Zaria Massacre: President Buhari’s Unsettling, Disquieting Silence by mickey45: 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
magicminister:

Are "top" military men gods?
There were women and misguided children in their midst.
I saw the video. The shiite movement was agressive but not violent.
They blocked a major road which is probably a crime but do they deserve to be massacred for it?
The coas appealed to them to move away for his almight convoy which fell on deaf ears and that is really wrong but does that warrant a death sentence?

You do not kill a mosquito with a hammer.

The coas had the power to order an arrest of every single individual there.
Alternatively, he could have involved the police since they are better at dealing with civil disobedience.

The military carried out a thoughtless action which they would probably never pay for.

Men, women and children lost their lives that day. It could have been anyone. It could be someone you know next time. What is wrong is wrong. Condemn it.

The shiites were wrong for blocking the road but the military committed an atrocity by massacring them.

Issues such as this will keep popping up unless we completely leave religion a personal thing.

The shiite's action only gave the sunni's via the army something to exploit.
Have you heard what El-rufai did to their worship centres and properties lately?

This slights will just keep piling gradually until it reaches it's crescendo and some people somewhere decide to fund some foot soldiers on a rampage against those they perceive as their "oppressors".
Unfortunately, most of the victims then will be ignorant and innocent citizens.

God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youths Protest With Coffin In Akwa Ibom Over Siege On House Of Assembly (Photos) / Nigerian Military Fires Heavy Artillery Gun In Maiduguri / House Of Rep Speaker, Abbas Appoints 33 More Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.