Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation (14933 Views)

North Willing To Give SS SE Their Biafra Irrespective Of Their Oil. / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / Steps To Take For Igbos To Get Their Biafra Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Kai are you sure you are not a witch? Why are you following me up and down? What exactly do you want? i said i dont love you, i dont love you, im not interested. Is the love by force?

Abeg Tonyebarcanista help me tell this girl to leaver me alone

Haba my guy, you are allowed to have 4 wives now...why you dey run?? cheesy
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
Kestolovee95:
I want you to educate me. You sound more knowledgeable than the all Igbos in the milky way. grin

Do I look Igbo to you?? How can I then sound more Igbo than all those in the milky way? shocked
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Kai are you sure you are not a witch? Why are you following me up and down? What exactly do you want? i said i dont love you, i dont love you, im not interested. Is the love by force?

Abeg Tonyebarcanista help me tell this girl to leaver me alone
He is a boy NOT a girl. He's the clone of Kestolove95, who happens to be a Yoruba girl and another tribal warlord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Kestolovee95(f): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
Tequilah:

Do I look Igbo to you?? How can I then sound more Igbo than all those in the milky way? shocked

You don't have to be Igbo to sound smarter than all Ibos in the milky way. cheesy grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Tequilah:

Haba my guy, you are allowed to have 4 wives now...why you dey run?? cheesy

For those who can treat them equally. But for me i dont think i can marry up to 2 wives

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

He is a boy NOT a girl. He's the clone of Kestolove95, who happens to be a Yoruba girl and another tribal warlord

shocked
shocked
shocked

That means he is gay!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by hummerwise(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
PreyingMantis:
I don't engage simpletons. Go and improve on your grammar first... Then you can return for a good lecture on how to conduct yourself in a public space.
very poor you...
i dont engage in issh like this too...
but people wif brain disorder like yu must be put in order

goodbye
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Kestolovee95(f): 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

shocked shocked shocked
That means he is gay!
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Kestolovee95(f): 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
Some demented creek monkey up there thinks kestolove95 is a lady. kikikiki. grin grin grin

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by IamGodOfWar: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

9. Ijaws against the Ijaws in Okrika

10. Ijaws against fulanis in Kano state

This is the peak of stvpidity sir! Na for Radio biafra dem teach you this one? Ijaw is loved by all except envious and bitter people like you....

How do one love something nonexisting

Come to the north –There is nothing like Ijaw...Only Onye Igbo/Iyamiri...You're all living on our shadow!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by IamGodOfWar: 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Tequilah:

Guy, Benue na middle-belt. There are about 1 or 2 communities in the state that speak a dialect of Igbo. Ever since they discovered this, the pro-Biafra group has been claiming Benue, instead of restricting their clamour for inclusion to those few communities. Maybe in their mind, those little communities represent the whole of Benue state. Who knows?? shocked

Igbos only accept their own...
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by IamGodOfWar: 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Benue is in the north central mr man.

Who's the land grabbers now

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
IamGodOfWar:

Who's the land grabbers now

Of course the igbos. Whether the biafran dream comes true or not Benue will remain in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
IamGodOfWar:

Lol...

i live in garin Zazzau and can tell you that even the so called north ain't united... Want proof

Wrong person to lie to. I was born in Zaria and i know many things about my city. To be precise im from unguwan Kaura in Zaria. I want to ask you a question. Is kofan doka in front of Alhudda hudda or behind Alhudda hudda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by IamGodOfWar: 12:03am On Dec 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Wrong person to lie to. I was born in Zaria and i know many things about my city. To be precise im from unguwan Kaura in Zaria. I want to ask you a question. Is kofan doka in front of Alhudda hudda or behind Alhudda hudda?

Loop!!!

I would rather describe Inside whole Zaria city, then Sabo and all it inner hoods...I shall proceed down to samaru just to tell you that this is a decade plus twob years of my life all on Zaria...

Kofa doka can never be in front of Al Huda-Huda and can't even be behind rather an entrance into the main Zaria city which the school is located at the left side of the road if you're coming out of Zaria city...

Ni nan Iyamirin Zazzau ne!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 12:06am On Dec 21, 2015
IamGodOfWar:

Loop!!!

I would rather describe Inside whole Zaria city, then Sabo and all it inner hoods...I shall proceed down to samaru just to tell you that this is a decade plus twob years of my life all on Zaria...

Kofa doka can never be in front of Al Huda-Huda and can't even be behind rather an entrance into the main Zaria city which the school is located at the left side of the road if you're coming out of Zaria city...

Ni nan Iyamirin Zazzau ne!!!
The school is located on the right side and not the left side. Anyway you tried sha. But we are UNITED like Manchester
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by IamGodOfWar: 12:09am On Dec 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

The school is located on the right side and not the left side. Anyway you tried sha. But we are UNITED like Manchester

Haha.... Like Man U?

No wonder Mallam El-Rufai is loosing it fro n back like Vaan Gaal....

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 12:31am On Dec 21, 2015
IamGodOfWar:

Haha.... Like Man U?

No wonder Mallam El-Rufai is loosing it fro n back like Vaan Gaal....

So tell me how we are not United. I can pray and sleep in any Mosque in Kuspa, samaru, tudun wada, kwarbai, Ban zazzau, dan Magaji, Amaru, wherever. Tell me how we are not united
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by coolscott(m): 12:35am On Dec 21, 2015
Kestolovee95:

And who was your leader of your tribe in the so-called SS?

[size=13pt]I deliberately do not mention my tribe in the south-south but the kings of the dynasties of Okrika, Bonny, Klabari and Nembe are well documented and all over the Internet. These kings collected taxes from the British to allow them do trade within their territory[/size]
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by after1: 12:56am On Dec 21, 2015
Kestolovee95:

You and who be amadi? Common get away from here immediately! Who born u?

Amadi Collins, You are just like your late father, foolishness and stupidity runs in your blood. Keep hiding under a F moniker, coward monkey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by coolscott(m): 1:24am On Dec 21, 2015
MORNDEW:

But he seem to be saying D truth cos most ppl in Rivers don't agree to biafra. The ogonis for example ND ogba ppl don't want to hear it.

[size=13pt]You can't take these people seriously. These are the same people that said Lagos is no man's land in a bid to further go on to claim it saying they built it.

Have you not noticed that Efiks, Ibibios, Ijaws, Igalas, Tivs, Kanuris all live in Lagos state? Not one of them ventured that kind of disrespectful error (of declaring that Lagos is "no man's land" ).

When the rest of Nigeria sees the Igbo man doing that, they form an opinion of him naturally.

The Calabar man will know naturally that if the capital of Nigeria had remained calabar the Igbos would probably be calling Calabar "no man's land" by now.

Igbos cannot misbehave again and again and when resented on account of that, complain in self glorifying self pity that they are hated because everyone else is envious of them.

Most of these misdemeanours actually amount to diplomatic self-amputation on the part of Igbos because it takes away from their collective diplomatic equity. Point this out to them and they turn on you. Proverbs 9:7

Their fathers made a grievous mistake by not talking to the ancient dynasties of the south-south before assuming their sons and daughters would go and die for them in a war they knew nothing about. At a time when they should be repairing these old errors it was surprising to hear Igbos further complete the diplomatic self-harm by declaring:

1) That Ijaws were Igbos

2) That our ancient dynasties to whom the white man paid taxes on arriving our shores are a part of Ojukwus 1965 attempted contraption, Biafra.

How can a people's political fortunes improve, when they engage in a permanent process of eroding all diplomatic goodwill?[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by coolscott(m): 2:40am On Dec 21, 2015
Tequilah:

Did you see South-South anywhere, in my post? I thought you hail from the South-East?? Do you mean that you cannot tell if Aba is more south-eastern than Calabar? You want me to educate you about your own region? Ok, how much will you pay for the tutorial?
Strictly cardinally speaking, Igbos will not be in the South East but just in the south.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by VintageCocktail(m): 6:04am On Dec 21, 2015
kayfra:

Arewa with all it's tribes is based on a relationship of consent. Biafra and minorities in the SS on the other hand lacks consent and it's forced.
Consent Arewa consent Tell me the igbos duely represented in Ohaneze ndigbo that were forced, and for others who were part of old Eastern region, referendum will be conducted to know those who are for or against. This is the most important thing that should be done and put to rest the bickering and angry retorts and dissociations we are witnessing.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Kestolovee95(f): 6:32am On Dec 21, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]I deliberately do not mention my tribe in the south-south but the kings of the dynasties of Okrika, Bonny, Klabari and Nembe are well documented and all over the Internet. These kings collected taxes from the British to allow them do trade within their territory[/size]
Unlike many of us here, you deliberately do not mention your tribe because you are simply not what you claim or you are not proud of the existence of your inconsequential tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by fr3do(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]OKay. Let me reply you now.

I do know that some Igbos did have a monarchy system on account of influence from the Bini and Edo people, but clearly, they did not form one government with themselves and neither did they form one government with the hundreds of scattered clans and villages who refused to forge any political union beyond the village/clan level, and who refused to have chiefs or kings.

Therefore, inspite of the existence of some communities which preferred (and retained an organised socio-political structure) Igbo land remained politically fragmented (from time past till this day).

arrant nonsense! google about the Nri hegemony and the Bini kingdom, the Former began more than a 100 years before the later.

Even portions of the page you sent me corroborates what I say: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnewi#Government

[/size]
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by christopher123(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]You can't take these people seriously. These are the same people that said Lagos is no man's land in a bid to further go on to claim it saying they built it.

Have you not noticed that Efiks, Ibibios, Ijaws, Igalas, Tivs, Kanuris all live in Lagos state? Not one of them ventured that kind of disrespectful error (of declaring that Lagos is "no man's land" ).

When the rest of Nigeria sees the Igbo man doing that, they form an opinion of him naturally.

The Calabar man will know naturally that if the capital of Nigeria had remained calabar the Igbos would probably be calling Calabar "no man's land" by now.

Igbos cannot misbehave again and again and when resented on account of that, complain in self glorifying self pity that they are hated because everyone else is envious of them.

Most of these misdemeanours actually amount to diplomatic self-amputation on the part of Igbos because it takes away from their collective diplomatic equity. Point this out to them and they turn on you. Proverbs 9:7

Their fathers made a grievous mistake by not talking to the ancient dynasties of the south-south before assuming their sons and daughters would go and die for them in a war they knew nothing about. At a time when they should be repairing these old errors it was surprising to hear Igbos further complete the diplomatic self-harm by declaring:

1) That Ijaws were Igbos

2) That our ancient dynasties to whom the white man paid taxes on arriving our shores are a part of Ojukwus 1965 attempted contraption, Biafra.

How can a people's political fortunes improve, when they engage in a permanent process of eroding all diplomatic goodwill?[/size]
Lagos is still no man's land.....the only egun people owns badagry and they are not Yoruba ...awori are migrants and they still not Yoruba

So why die on Lagos matta

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by christopher123(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2015
They are worried about Biafra ...they are scared about Biafra

Let Biafra worry for themselves not you....people are so scared ...it is now I know that Igbo run this country.look at how everybody is scared and worried about Biafra even nairaland seff....

It is a shame that majority of the country couldn't call just a tribe bluffs and let them go ....now buhari wants to negotiate with them...but I trust these biafran ..them go fall him hand .

We have to seek referendum and stop being beggy about Igbo staying ...it cheapens you
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by OFFICIAL336: 7:23am On Dec 21, 2015
Jesumed:
As patriotic Nigerians,we should'nt shut our eyes to sensitive issues that bother our nation. It is expected that everyone plays an active role in the socio-political activities of the country. This is where Seun Osewa, founder of Nigeria's largest online site, disappointed Nigerians when he threatened to ban all comments regarding a very sensitive issue staring us in the eyes- the sudden uprising and agitation for Biafra. Although the struggle for Biafra had been a low-key affair for a pretty long time(perhaps it never died totally since the civil war ended), it suddenly became an upheaval after the former president Goodluck Jonathan lost his second presidential election bid. The Igbos were more frustrated when Jimi Agbaje, the 2015 governorship candidate of Lagos State lost to Ambode, despite the massive support and loyalty they showed him. Then the PDP zoned their presidential candidate for 2019 to the north, and Buhari shocked the world when he publicly declared not to favour the zones that didn't vote for him. All these events prompted the Igbos who had been initially chanting ''GEJ till 2019!'' to suddenly change their song to ''Biafra or I die''.

Should we keep quiet on this matter as Seun Osewa suggests and allow this agitation become another menace like Shiite or Boko Haram?I think not. Even Professor Wole Soyinka recently admonished the federal government not to handle this matter with levity. So I think Seun Osewa, who has veto power and whose decision is final on Nairaland, should have a rethink.

That said, the agitation for Biafra might only end up being a futile once again owing to these five reasons:

1. Igbos cannot do without Nigeria

It is an inarguable fact that Igbos are found in every part of Nigeria, especially in Lagos, engaging in one form of business activity or the other. Their business activities and tax payment in Lagos are partly responsible for the high GDP and development of Lagos, hence Igbos take pride in referring to Lagos as no man's land. But the question is; why would Igbos choose to develop another region, leaving their own underdeveloped? Lagosians have told Igbos to leave Lag and return to the east, and see if Lagosians would not survive as the Igbos ridiculously claim.But are they ready to leave the zoo and return to their neglected village to develop it?

2. Igbos do not love one another

If there's any nation in Nigeria where inhabitants do not love one another, it is the Igbo nation. Abakaliki are not considered real Igbos. Those from Enugu cannot marry those from Anambra. Generally, they find it difficult to intermarry and interelate. As if that is not enough, they also have a set of people they refer to as ''OSU'' or ''outcasts''. They don't marry or relate with such people in any way.They hate the OSU like devils, yet this OSU are also a part of the Igbo tribe expected to be a part of Biafra if actualised. Now imagine people who hate one another fighting for a ''united'' nation. Just imagine this: Nnamdi Kanu is an OSU! What happens to Biafra then?

3. Igbo elites do not want Biafra

While some Igbo PDP member are busy strategizing on how to reclaim Nigeria in 2019, some jobless Igbo youths are busy endangering their own lives in some ill organised, seemingly peaceful protests.What's Okorocha saying about Biafra? Is Akpabio ready to vacate Nigeria's senate to make Biafra actualised? Even Ojukwu had since affirmed before his death that Biafra is a forgotten issue, hence he contested for Nigeria's presidency and his wife Bianca, is now an ambassador for Nigeria and his son is now a member of the Fed Hose of Reps. Are all the Igbos appointed by the federal government ready to resign for the sake of Biafra- Chris Ngige and the others?

4. Igbos are tactically chivvying other tribes into their struggle

Igbos should just restrict their agitation for Biafra to the southeast and leave out other tribes, especially the oil-producing states. The south-southerners are not totally willing to be a part of Biafra, same as the middle belt, but the Igbos are trying to entice them into this struggle. Such tactics are likely going to end up being fruitless, after slowing down the entire process.

5. Wise Igbos know Biafra is no solution to their problem

The questions Igbos should ask themselves are: why exactly do we need Biafra? Will Biafra solve our problems? How will Biafra affect the poor Igbo masses? Igbos claim they need Biafra because they suffer marginalisation from other tribes. Have they held their governors and reps accountable for the poor governance and embezzlement of funds in their states? If Biafra is actualised, won't they still fight over leadership, and is that a guarantee for producing accountable leaders? Even the marginalisation they talk about; isn't that only for the elites who are not complaining?How did GEJ's emergence as president affect the poor masses of Bayelsa? Some wise Igbos know this, hence they don't support Biafra.
U an ediot to think Biafra is an Igbo affairs. If u so sure of this trash tell ya brothers to conduct a referendum. Descendant of a fallen angel, BOT from the pit of hell stop crawling over Biafran matter.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by MORNDEW(m): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2015
coolscott:

1) That Ijaws were Igbos

Thanks bro, for this. I really wish they stop all these and reinterpret themselves into the Nation cos they are really shooting themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Lanceslot(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

As a patriotic Nigerian and a human, I desire unity among groups. But, the unity doesn't include unity in Biafra because it is Igbo project and falls within the 5 SE states. Heck, why I am even repeating this? Kpele o... angry

Bye
Make sure that your gun is well loaded and ready to shot at that Igboman from Delta state who decides to join his kindred in SE. Inugo?
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by SonOfEl(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My idea about this is that, if I believe that both of us have common destiny, it is in my place to approach you and negotiate with you for a common front stating terms and condition of our proposed state. Your interests as well as mine must be well captured. If you and I come to agreement, then in unity we will push for our cause.

The IPOB agitators will not reason this way. They still went back to Ojukwu idea that was resisted by SS ethnic groups(and dead on arrival). To them, whoever disagree with their Biafra project is an enemy and saboteur. One don't need rocket science to know the evil scheme.

We are better remaining in Nigeria provided that we can get the country restructured for the good of all. I'm not against their Biafra as long as it is for them

Pls leave Biafra alone and concentrate on your Edo state, you mean nothing to us, we don't need you. Your notice-me-by-force isn't working. IGBOS are indigenous to the SE and SS part of Nigeria, any attempt to claim an inch of our land will be aggressively resisted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants / Governor Obiano Commissions ABS Newly Injection Power Substation (Photos) / How Crisis In INEC Headquarters May Affect Edo, Ondo Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.