Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation (15011 Views)

North Willing To Give SS SE Their Biafra Irrespective Of Their Oil. / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / Steps To Take For Igbos To Get Their Biafra Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Sunymoore(m): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2015
kayfra:

Arewa with all it's tribes is based on a relationship of consent. Biafra and minorities in the SS on the other hand lacks consent and it's forced.
Thank you my brother.. We the Arewa people are relating and living with one another out of consent and nothing more.. I'm a Northern minority, but anywhere I go in the North, once I said, I'm a Northerner, I'll be welcomed with open arms and I become another Hausa brother..
The person or people that brought unity in the North will be forever remain blessed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by SonOfEl(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Of course the igbos. Whether the biafran dream comes true or not Benue will remain in Nigeria.

1. The indigenous Igbo community in Benue state will join Biafra when the time comes, so save your MB.

2. Leave Benue alone, they are not abokis like you, they are middle belt minority tribes namely, tiv, idoma, igede,etc, so shut the heck up....almajiri nama

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2015
Lanceslot:
Make sure that your gun is well loaded and ready to shot at that Igboman from Delta state who decides to join his kindred in SE. Inugo?
Who is talking about killing here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Sunymoore(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

How many ethnic groups are in the North East and North West?
As someone from North East, these are some ethnic groups in Yobe state..

Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Bolewa, Ngizimawa, Kare Kare, Gamo, Baburawa, Badawa, Mangawa and Shuwa
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2015
Sunymoore:

As someone from North East, these are some ethnic groups in Yobe state..

Hausa,
Fulani,
Kanuri,
Bolewa,
Ngizimawa,
Kare Kare,
Gamo,
Baburawa,
Badawa,
Mangawa and
Shuwa
Do they fall under the Hausa/fulani group or they are distinct? If the answer is the latter, why aren't we hearing of them save Kanuri?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by kettykin: 8:47am On Dec 21, 2015
The same people who moments ago were shedding crocodile tears about igbos invading their region in large numbers and being disrespectful to their Oba (some who are convicted rapist )are now the most vocal people against igbos leaving for biafra.

If hypocrisy was just a fab ,I would have said hypocrisy is some people's culture .does It seem hypocrisy is part of some people's culture.

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2015
kettykin:
The same people who moments ago were shedding crocodile tears about igbos invading their region in large numbers and being disrespectful to their Oba (some who are convicted rapist )are now the most vocal people against igbos leaving for biafra.

If hypocrisy was just a fab ,I would have said hypocrisy is some people's culture .does It seem hypocrisy is part of some people's culture.

We call it demonic confusion undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Sunymoore(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Do they fall under the Hausa/fulani group or they are distinct? If the answer is the latter, why aren't we hearing of them save Kanuri?
No, we don't fall under Hausa/Fulani at least in the Northern States .. We are addressed with our tribes..
Yeah, you might not hear about us, but we do exist and play major political role..

Aliyu Saleh Bagare was a former deputy governor, Senator Mamman B Ali was a former governor and now D. Aliyu is the deputy governor.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Sunymoore:

No, we don't fall under Hausa/Fulani at least in the Northern States .. We are addressed with our tribes..
Yeah, you might not hear about us, but we do exist and play major political role..

Aliyu Saleh Bagare was a former deputy governor, Senator Mamman B Ali was a former governor and now D. Aliyu is the deputy governor.
Well, I think it will be appropriate for you all to make yourself known to the outside world without breaking your northern solidarity just like the Niger Deltans
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Sunymoore(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, I think it will be appropriate for you all to make yourself known to the outside world without breaking your northern solidarity just like the Niger Deltans
Thanks, I'm planning on that too. I want to be done with this NYSC first. I'll beef you then for guide and mentorship.. Thanks again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by VintageCocktail(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There is nothing like Hausa/Fulani groups, please. These are distinct ethnic group found scattered allover the north and are being swallowed up by the tag Hausa/Fulani. Kanuris and the Nupes can be liken to the ijaws of southern Nigeria in numbers.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Dewze(m): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]And did Nri comprise all of Igbo land?
I think not. In fact, I know it did not because I have read about the Nri before now.

Or do you claim the eze nri is the eze of all Igbos now?

Following is a breakdown of kingship in Igbo land: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eze#Kingship_in_Igboland

Attached below is also a screenshot which still establishes the view that Igbo sociol, cultural, and political systems have been fragmented over the centuries

Appreciating this lets you see how far behind others you are in terms of cultural organisation from a historical point of view.

Appreciating this also lets you see why they have considered you a ridiculous deep fraud when you have tried to claim ownership of their territories by calling it no man's land, or tried to achieve self expansion by declaring them Igbos?
[/size]

Mind you, the oyo empire did not encompass the whole of yoruba land. The Allafins did not rule over the whole of yoruba speaking people. Go through the link you provided for insight.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by EmmySparky(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Nnamdi kanu has selfish reasons for this whole sick idea...I just pity the ignorant supporters following him...the last thing I would do is join such a plot...instead of helping in developing the EAST...he wants a country...that dude is a sicko...enlightened igbos understand wat I mean...we don't need this country..atleast not now
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

1. The indigenous Igbo community in Benue state will join Biafra when the time comes, so save your MB.

2. Leave Benue alone, they are not abokis like you, they are middle belt minority tribes namely, tiv, idoma, igede,etc, so shut the heck up....almajiri nama
land grabbers! Benue belongs to the north and north belongs to Nigeria. Anyway, action speaks for us. We the northerners dont make noise like inyamiri people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by SonOfEl(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
land grabbers! Benue belongs to the north and north belongs to Nigeria. Anyway, action speaks for us. We the northerners dont make noise like inyamiri people

How will you make noise? When it is you and your almajiri kins that are eating and eroding the country
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

So you think the Tivs, Idoma, Gwari, Nupe, Ebiras, Bariba, Bassa, Eggon, Gbagyi, Kambari, Dukawa, Ingwai and all the other ethnic groups in the Middle-Belt region from Benue, (excluding the miniscule Igbo communities at the Benue border), to those other neighbouring tribes in Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, FCT, Adamawa etc, have more in common with the Igbo, than other Northern tribes?? Or do you think that they would gladly opt to go along with you in your proposed republic?? Think again, bro'. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by cocu25(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2015
Everyman z entitled to his own opinion
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by abduljabbar4(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2015
SonOfEl:

How will you make noise? When it is you and your almajiri kins that are eating and eroding the country

Just try it
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by lionduke(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Igbos can be in Benue or even Kano it is not my business. Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ika and Ogbas have continue to sing that they share Bini ancestry and not Igbo yet you keep claiming 'igboid whatever'. Anyway, it's your headache...

Whether you support Biafra or not is still your business. The point is SS is not Biafra...
Your opinion don't really count again.
You have reduced your influence from long epistle with plenty likes to just few line comment
How the mighty has fallen.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 11:36am On Dec 21, 2015
kettykin:

Who are those same people, that you are referring to?? shocked Last time I checked, it was an Ijaw man who was extolling the friendship between his tribe and the major ethnic group in the South-West, while the Northerners were also raising various viewpoints about Benue. Unfortunately, you have come again with your victim mentality and wrong labelling. Chai!! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2015
Tequilah:

Who are those same people, that you are referring to?? shocked Last time I checked, it was an Ijaw man who was extolling the friendship between his tribe and the major ethnic group in the South-West, while the Northerners were also raising various viewpoints about Benue. Unfortunately, you have come again with your victim mentality and wrong labelling. Chai!! undecided

Read his post again..... He is referring to the Yorubas who said Igbo should leave their region and yet are begging Igbos to stay in Nigeria, Biafra is a censored word in NL but when the topic is against Biafra the mods will not touch it...very funny and backward tactics

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by B69U: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Igbos can be in Benue or even Kano it is not my business. Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ika and Ogbas have continue to sing that they share Bini ancestry and not Igbo yet you keep claiming 'igboid whatever'. Anyway, it's your headache...

Whether you support Biafra or not is still your business. The point is SS is not Biafra...

Dear Barcanista

It is imperative that you listen and take everything that am about to say on board.

Whereas igbos are prepared to allow other tribes make up their mind to join Biafra or Oduduwa, that option is unavailable to all igbo affiliated groups namely Igbanke, Ika, Anioma, Ikwere Ogbas and so on and so forth. These groups are igbos.

When it comes to Gov Edo state, Delta state or River State they are igbo, but wen it comes to stealing their land they are not igbo as u now claim.

We will be very happy to destroy Benin with a single bomb before seceding any part of our land to that tiny local gov area no bigger than Owerrri or Asaba. It will be God will becos they are within reach and asking for it.

If the igbos are not forcing much smaller non igbos tribes into a union, then the small ones want to turn around and force the igbos into their Union, note the gates of hell will be opened that we may all enter.

Dont mistake our non-forceful tendercy for weakness becos wen we react u will barely recognise that it is the same igbos.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2015
kaycid77:
Read his post again..... He is referring to the Yorubas who said Igbo should leave their region and yet are begging Igbos to stay in Nigeria, Biafra is a censored word in NL but when the topic is against Biafra the mods will not touch it...very funny and backward tactics

Where are those Yoruba people begging them to stay? I can't see their posts. sad
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by SonOfEl(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
Tequilah:

So you think the Tivs, Idoma, Gwari, Nupe, Ebiras, Bariba, Bassa, Eggon, Gbagyi, Kambari, Dukawa, Ingwai and all the other ethnic groups in the Middle-Belt region from Benue, (excluding the miniscule Igbo communities at the Benue border), to those other neighbouring tribes in Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, FCT, Adamawa etc, have more in common with the Igbo, than other Northern tribes?? Or do you think that they would gladly opt to go along with you in your proposed republic?? Think again, bro'. undecided

I never said these other ethnicities will opt out with Biafra, my point was and is, that Benue is not homogenous to the core north, and more particularly that igbos in Benue will go with Biafra when the time comes.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
I was on my way from Nsukka to Adani a few days ago,and I was opportuned to board a bus full of if Igbo's;It was right there I found out d problem of the Igbo's and it is simply half education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
@lalasticlala pls forward this to front page. Already gaining many views.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
SonOfEl:
I never said these other ethnicities will opt out with Biafra, my point was and is, that Benue is not homogenous to the core north, and more particularly that igbos in Benue will go with Biafra when the time comes.

You should have said that right from the start, instead of just saying "Benue," as if it is a collective noun, thereby giving people the impression that the entire ethnic groups that make up the state, are pro-Biafra.

Kindly restrict any claims concerning Benue, to just the Umuezeokoha people along the borders of Benue state, in the same way people make reference to just the Anioma communities joining Biafra, without laying claim to the whole of Delta State. Thank you! sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Tequilah: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
B69U:
Dear Barcanista

It is imperative that you listen and take everything that am about to say on board.

Whereas igbos are prepared to allow other tribes make up their mind to join Biafra or Oduduwa, that option is unavailable to all igbo affiliated groups namely Igbanke, Ika, Anioma, Ikwere Ogbas and so on and so forth. These groups are igbos.

When it comes to Gov Edo state, Delta state or River State they are igbo, but wen it comes to stealing their land they are not igbo as u now claim.

We will be very happy to destroy Benin with a single bomb before seceding any part of our land to that tiny local gov area no bigger than Owerrri or Asaba. It will be God will becos they are within reach and asking for it.

If the igbos are not forcing much smaller non igbos tribes into a union, then the small ones want to turn around and force the igbos into their Union, note the gates of hell will be opened that we may all enter.

Dont mistake our non-forceful tendercy for weakness becos wen we react u will barely recognise that it is the same igbos.

E be like say dis matter dey give you headache, fever and body pain. cheesy When and where was it stated that Edo, Delta & Rivers states are Igbo, when everyone knows that it is only a few communities in these states that are Igbo? Why must you classify the states as Igbo?

Can't you just be specific by mentioning the few communities that you want to lay claims to like Igbanke (whose traditional ruler proudly bears an Edo name), Anioma, Ika, Ikwerre, Oyigbo etc, instead of just grouping all the states together? shocked Are you trying to co-opt the non-Igbo ethnic groups in Edo, Delta and Rivers into your pro-Biafra support group?

Na so una dey take start fight! sad You even went as far as claiming that you would destroy Benin with a single bomb. Purge yourself of this hatred, please. What did the people of Benin do to you? Na by force?? Chai! undecided
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 22, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool Chai these yeeebooos always making trouble everywhere. Online-they make trouble; offline- they make trouble; in the market - they make trouble; in the schools- they make trouble; ina city; ina ghetoo; everywhere; MAKING TROUBLES YEEBOOS MAKING TROUBLES (In Ras Kimono's voice) grin grin grin grin.

Okay Yeeboos you OWN EVERY PLOT OF LAND IN NIGERIA. FROM GBOKO TO DAURA; FROM LAGOS TO ABAKALIKI. YOU OWN NIGERIA. EVERY SINGLE PLOT OF LAND IN THE SOUTH SOUTH IS YOURS. EVEN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN BELONGS TO YOU. AND THE LAGOSIANS HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU THE LAGOON.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a first class slowpoke... your daft master, seun, instituted rule 9, and yet he is doing nothing about this thread.
Do you expect the Igbos to keep quiet, when lies is been feted against them. I'm not Pro-Biafra, but I hate hypocrisy
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by FisifunKododada: 4:43am On Dec 22, 2015
mechy:

You are a first class slowpoke... your daft master, seun, instituted rule 9, and yet he is doing nothing about this thread.
Do you expect the Igbos to keep quiet, when lies is been feted against them. I'm not Pro-Biafra, but I hate hypocrisy

cool See painment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by oyatz(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
Amadi Colins is the one using the ArodeWilliams monicker.
after1:

Amadi Collins, You are just like your late father, foolishness and stupidity runs in your blood. Keep hiding under a F moniker, coward monkey.
Re: Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation by oyatz(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Can you see their usual arrogance Referendum will be conducted for those who were part of the 'Old Eastern region'.
Please, get these facts
1) The Eastern Region was a British contraption which had ceased to exist since 1967
2) You can not conduct referendum for those who have never asked for it.
3) secession can only occur through (a) WAR (b) Diplomacy and peaceful negotiations (c) mixture of option (a) and (b) like the case of S/Sudan.
4) WAR has been tried with unwarranted destruction of lives and properties and unpalatable consequences which is still being felt today so this option will not appeal to most peoples.
5) Option-B can only take place if Biafran protagonists REACH OUT TO OTHER NIGERIANS and secure their cooperation and support to effect a constitutional amendment to accommodate a ' SECESSION CLAUSE' into the constitution. This will stipulates the conditions and guild lines for any region that want to opt out in a peaceful manner through a referendum whose results will be binding.
6) Option-C is to fight prolong civil war of independence which will reach a stalemate, followed by round table discussions for amicable solutions (after both sides would have exhausted their human and financial resources in prosecuting the war).
Anyone who has been around for long enough will acknowledge that the Biafran protagonists don't have the Military might, financial resources and above all, DEPENDABLE AND TRUSTED ALLIES to challenge the rest of Nigeria to a War and expect to win or even get a draw
VintageCocktail:
Consent Arewa consent Tell me the igbos duely represented in Ohaneze ndigbo that were forced, and for others who were part of old Eastern region, referendum will be conducted to know those who are for or against. This is the most important thing that should be done and put to rest the bickering and angry retorts and dissociations we are witnessing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ / 2019: Senator Nyako Urges Adamawa People Not To Waste Votes On APC / Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, And The Demons Of Aso Rock, By Achike Chude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.