Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria (22538 Views)

Burial Of Abu Ali, And Other Soldiers, COAS, Buratai Represents Buhari / Protest In US, Canada,India Over Shiite Leader's arrest In Nigeria / Coas Buratai Leads Operations Against Boko Haram Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2015
Kgdavid:

He is being summoned because of his personal involvement. I don't think the national Assembly actually has any real authority to either punish or reward him...That is the prerogative of the executive.
u go school...unlike some fools wey chop dia school fees
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2015
HRich:
How about those innocent biafrans that was killed? Have the senate summon the Army over it?

You guys are not Nigerians. This Senate is for the Nigerian people.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by cizy: 7:14am On Dec 21, 2015
Chubhie:

As usual, he will come with edited video tailored to represent the best interests of the army and highlight the shia as aggressors after which a vote of those in support of the massacre will win---- A beauty of democracy where a foolish majority will always have their way.

Until all this structures deliberately put up exploited and abused by the elite against the masses are pulled down and done with the masses will forever be at the receiving end. To the streets I say.

I kept asking myself this questions,

What happened at those periods the video was skipped?
Did the military start shooting when they got tired of talking (which is unacceptable)?
Did the military first target that Shiite man that was also shooting his own video?
Did the military first try out minimal force (like teargas or rubber bullets)? Which is the normal thing reasonable humans should do, but I guess our military men are bunch of animals.
Why did the military term that encounter as an assassination attempt when nothing in the video shows such attempt?
Did he (coASS) try to annihilate them in the cut off part or was it in that cut off part that they attempted to assassinate him with sticks?

These questions I need answers to and I wish the senate will ask them these questions..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by mikkypel(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Seun OSEWA.. A day should open with good news.. Biko.. Kiiniii gaan
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Sheyitee: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Check my signature to see more info about each software …………
AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2015 TRAINING VIDEO TUTORIAL
AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2015 TRAINING VIDEO TUTORIAL
AUTODESK AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL TRAINING VIDEO TUTORIAL
AUTODESK MAYA TRAINING VIDEOS
AUTODESK 3DS MAX 2015 TRAINING VIDEOS
AUTODESK INVENTOR 2015 TRAINING VIDEO
AUTODESK REVIT MEP 2015 TRAINING VIDEOS FOR MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS
AUTOCAD MECHANICAL TRAINING VIDEOS FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
AUTODESK REVIT ARCHITECTURE 2015 TUTORIAL VIDEOS WITH THE SOFTWARE
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by oweman: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2015
If the COAS should present a video of the happenings just before the genocide I think the Shiites too will come up with the one by the blood thirsty soldiers during the killings .
But please who are the camera men for both sides are they from space .l?
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by cizy: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2015
Gboliwe:
I just hope the senators with conscience will ask the right questions and not display the uselessness seen in their "bow and go" display during the "Noisemakers" profiling.

They should also use this opportunity and ask why the army is so audacious in killing unarmed protesters in the SE and SS of the country. The actions of these men recently and the deafening silence of the terrorist in Aso Rock is ominous.

God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by mikkypel(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2015
mbatuku2:

You guys are not Nigerians. This Senate is for the Nigerian people.

But is it right to cause trouble early in the morning.. Let yanga sleep abeg, don't allow trouble to wake it... Leave them alone
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by ayindejimmy(m): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2015
hungryboy:
What is a human life worth in this country?,
An american soldier kills a surrendering Taliban fighter(an enemy combatant) and he is sent to jail,
A Nigerian soldier kills a dozen Biafra activists,
And it doesn't even get a mention by the President talk less of the Soldier going to jail,
Soldiers kill over 300 Shittes,
And the chief of staff is summoned by a senate panel that will ask him a few questions and tell him to take a bow,
This country is a joke
cut d Senate some slack now
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by sweatlana: 7:20am On Dec 21, 2015
hungryboy:
An american soldier kills a surrendering Taliban fighter(an enemy combatant) and he is sent to jail,
And it doesn't even get a mention by the President talk less of the Soldier going to jail,
And the chief of staff is summoned by a senate panel that will ask him a few questions and tell him to take a bow,
This country is a joke

Real joke. God forbid
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by slyng(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2015
Burutai Buru
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 21, 2015
HRich:
How about those innocent biafrans that was killed? Have the senate summon the Army over it?
was Buratai there??..The man was dia when d whole shiite ish started,,he witnessed it..n part of d reason d matter escalated was because they blocked his route to an official engagement n he alleged that they wanted to assasinate him...The same u will call the army cowards if they had abandoned their duties b turned back ...imagine what will happen in dis country if the COAS cannot move freely

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Chubhie: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2015
joseph1832:
Neither. You should know neither freedom nor the chains you speak of comes cheap. Both are expensive and often involves the shedding of blood.

Some is it your blood that will be offered to the tree of freedom?

I look all through the length and breadth of Nigeria and see the blood of innocent masses spilling through her streets everyday. Check the statistics and see.

This is a grave and expensive injustice which I stand against. Justice is when the blood of the political elites flow through the streets of Nigeria and their heads used to play ball by the oppressed masses.

The military is already compromised and leading the assault against the masses. The days of visionary revolutionaries like the chuwkuma kaduna's--Men who saw ahead and made efforts to give expressions to it can't be repeated again.

The masses must learn to find the courage and unite against the political class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by free2ryhme: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2015
Islam has been a problem to this modern world. Why is this religion almost associated with violence

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Billygee2u: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2015
crosbreaka:
The Nigerian Senate and House of Reps have summoned Chief of Army Staff, Mr. Tukur Buratai over a clash with Shiite Muslims in Zaria which led to the death of over 60 people.

The Director General of the Department of State Services, Lawan Daura, and “heads of other security agencies,” would be summoned by a House joint Committee on Army/National Security/Intelligence and Public Safety.

Also to appear before the House are the top leaders of the Islamic Movement, “as well as other stakeholders as the House may deem fit to discuss the issue.”

“The Chief of Army Staff will have to come and testify before the committee as an important stakeholder. The committee has the mandate of the House to invite him. The DG, as well as the DSS too, is relevant to this investigation. It will involve heads of other security agencies since the committee will be looking at the security implications or otherwise of the clash. The leaders of the Islamic Movement will also have to come and state their side of the matter before the committee can reach any reasonable conclusions," a National Assembly official said.

PUNCH

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/senate-summons-coas-buratai-over-shiite-muslim-killings-in-zaria.156286/
they must apologize and promise to change their naughty approach to civilians, cause I see more groups worst than bokoharam surfacing and being sponsored by many rich people from different countries.
NB:when will Senate summon them to account for the killing of 9 innocent and peaceful pro-Biafrans they killed some weeks ago?
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2015
hungryboy:
This country is a joke
Valid point, we have no choice than to keep praying for this country and be courageous to speak the truth whenever the need arises.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by sweatlana: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Kgdavid:

He is being summoned because of his personal involvement. I don't think the national Assembly actually has any real authority to either punish or reward him...That is the prerogative of the executive.

Is it because it's Nigeria? In other democratic countries like the USA the Senate has such power. At least to recommend which must be carried out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by sweatlana: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2015
free2ryhme:
Islam has been a problem to this modern world. Why is this religion almost associated with violence
Because that's what there oga Muhammad told them to do. He himself was a war lord that killed scores.
For the record Christ never lifted a sword.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by insecticide: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
cizy:

I kept asking myself this questions,

What happened at those periods the video was skipped?
Did the military start shooting when they got tired of talking (which is unacceptable)?
Did the military first target that Shiite man that was also shooting his own video?
Did the military first try out minimal force (like teargas or rubber bullets)? Which is the normal thing reasonable humans should do, but I guess our military men are bunch of animals.
Why did the military term that encounter as an assassination attempt when nothing in the video shows such attempt?
Did he (coASS) try to annihilate them in the cut off part or was it in that cut off part that they attempted to assassinate him with sticks?

These questions I need answers to and I wish the senate will ask them these questions..
You have valid questions bro. But i don't think the military do move abt with rubber bullets and tear gas, they are not police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
It is my wish that the General tells the Senate to go pound sand angry

Bunch of soft pot bellied civies.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Chubhie: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Kgdavid:

There is nothing wrong with being led. wink

But wat is really ridiculous is that of all the things you have seen to take to the streets about, it is Zakzaky that is worrying you. SMH

I stand against EVERY form of injustice regardless of creed,religion and tribe.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2015
KingEli:
was Buratai there??..The man was dia when d whole shiite ish started,,he witnessed it..n part of d reason d matter escalated was because they blocked his route to an official engagement n he alleged that they wanted to assasinate him...The same u will call the army cowards if they had abandoned their duties b turned back ...imagine what will happen in dis country if the COAS cannot move freely

You Sir are a patriotic Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by free2ryhme: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2015
sweatlana:

Because that's what there oga Muhammad told them to do. He himself was a war lord that killed scores.
For the record Christ never lifted a sword.

I tow your line of reasoning and besides many of his followers are blinded by fact that they live in times different from their blood thirty leader
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by skymaxnig: 7:35am On Dec 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Tell me who the boko haram attacked in their first attack. For your information they started in Maiduguri and their first suicide attack was done in Abuja. You guys are twisting it to make it seem the Boko haram attacked only christians at first
Brother face the truth, bokoharam started attacks on non Muslims first before the Abuja attack. Till the north starts accepting responsibility for these groups that pop up from time to time, I'm afraid the cycle will continue (God forbid though)
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by Kgdavid(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Chubhie:

I stand against EVERY form of injustice regardless of creed,religion and tribe.

You do have a point. But this has nothing to do with race, religion or tribe. The truth is that a message needs to be sent to groups like Zakzaky's. Obviously they have been terrorising the citizens of Kaduna for years so as far as I'm concerned, a big bully just met a bigger, meaner bully.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by joseph1832(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Chubhie:

I look all through the length and breadth of Nigeria and see the blood of innocent masses spilling through her streets everyday. Check the statistics and see.

This is a grave and expensive injustice which I stand against. Justice is when the blood of the political elites flow through the streets of Nigeria and their heads used to play ball by the oppressed masses.

The military is already compromised and leading the assault against the masses. The days of visionary revolutionaries like the chuwkuma kaduna's--Men who saw ahead and made efforts to give expressions to it can't be repeated again.

The masses must learn to find the courage and unite against the political class.
The sooner you learn that idealism is the bedrock of ones own destruction in Nigeria, the better it will be for you.

Open your eyes and see that the masses you so want to liberate are so inert, so dependent on the elites who use the tool of tribalism, nepotism and religious extremism/bigotry to blind fold them.

Nigeria our country is full of mostly illiterates who gets starvation wages and are still happy irking a living with it. The elite use of stomach_insfracture to tame the masses is testament to my position.

So before you go all idealistic, let reality be your guide. The masses you want to unite against the elites are so busy calling the elite his brother/sister just because the elite hail from the same geopolitical zone as him/her, even when that elite have robbed the masses beyond reason.

Reality is our best friend. Before we can shout uhuru! Our minds needs to be liberated first!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by AfroKnight: 7:37am On Dec 21, 2015
The first serious work they are about to do. Good one, senators.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by michaelwilli(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2015
hungryboy:
This country is a joke
Wrong facts my broda. Go and read about what led to the killing. Besides, America would not jail it's soldier for killing a surrendering taliban. They send their soldier to even kill civilians to keep an unending chain of enemies. Educate yasef bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by sleazy5(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2015
tammie24:
Instead of these people to face their work they are summoning someone that is doing his own work
these days all they do is deliberate on what kind of exotic car to pick as official cars and how many to get
leave burutai alone ooo
he is doing his job, do yours!

That's the essence of checks and balances. The senate is doing their job by checking the excesses of the executive.
Re: Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria by barcaboi(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That is a welcome development
did u watch the video? Killing them has no explanation but in this BOKO era; htf will a group of people stop a military convoy? And after negotiations, cajoling and talking with the same group of people. ..they did not agree....brandishing cutlasses and sticks....stop bn sentimental abeg....let's be honest. .....Have u asked people in d north what they go thru when Shiites are on the move?....find out facts b4 saying things..
www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2015/11/27/nigeria-suspected-boko-haram-bombing-hits-shiite-procession
this same Shiites were hit by boko a month b4; can't we learn in this country.....an area ravished by bombs in recent yrs holds the military to ransom; who does that?....and to make matters worse, the same people stole from their fallen comrades; wch is worse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola, Abike Dabiri-erewa At The Flags-off Of Ikorodu-shagamu Expressway / I Gave Up On Nigerian Elections After June 12 Annulment - Pete Edochie / FG And 36 State Governors Agree To Create State Police To Combat Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.