Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men (2169 Views)

Girlfriends And Transport Fare / Igbo Girlfriends And Wives Are The Most Faithful in Nigeria / See The Popular Herbs Big Babes Use In Hooking Their Men In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Orikinla(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2015
It is funny, but it is true that there are many girlfriends and wives in Nigeria who are not proud to be seen in public with their boyfriends and husbands.
They are ashamed to be seen with them in public display of affection.

I have seen lovers and couples who have never gone for a stroll together and when they have to walk in public, you see the girlfriends or wives behaving like they are not together.
In most cases, these girlfriends and wives are those who think their men are not good looking when compared to other men.
The only time you see them together is when they go to church, mosque or special occasions they cannot avoid going together.

There are many female undergraduates in Nigeria I know don't want to be seen with their boyfriends during the day, except in the night.
Many of them are those dating unattractive older men.
They pose with their male peers or other good looking guys during the day, but at night go out with their real boyfriends.
And I have seen wives who are excited to be seen with handsome men they flirt with, but become cheerless whenever their husbands insist on going shopping or events with them.

Majority of Nigerian women don't like to be seen in public display of affection with "ugly" men.
You see a wife either walking far ahead or far behind her husband.
You see a girlfriend very excited to pose with a handsome guy for selfies and other pictures, but she is reluctant to pose with her boyfriend.
I have seen girlfriends who hide going parties from their boyfriends so that they can go alone or go with other guys.

But why date or marry a man you will not be proud of in public display of affection?
Why walk hand in hand with another man on the street, but avoid or shy away from doing so with your boyfriend or husband?

I recall how we mistook a guy as the boyfriend of a girl for years, because they were often seen together on and off campus, but we later found out that she actually had a boyfriend who preferred a very private relationship.
In fact, we thought the man was her uncle or relation, because they never displayed anything romantic between them in public.

I have also seen a girlfriend dressing in short pants and mini skirts in the company of other guys, but she always changed to conservative clothes whenever her boyfriend came to see her.

Many Nigerian wives often lie that their husband don't like romantic public display of affection.
Now you know why many Nigerian girlfriends and wives hide their boyfriends and husbands from others on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They don't even say they are in relationship. But you see them posing with other guys with hugs and kisses on Facebook and other popular social networks while their real boyfriends only appear once in a full moon or remain unknown to the public.
Why should the girlfriend or wife of another man post sexy pictures of herself on your Facebook wall without showing that she is in relationship or married?

I was once mistaken for the boyfriend and lover of a very beautiful married woman, because we were often seen together come rain or shine. She introduced me to her best friends, including ministers and others. If she did not see me in one week, she would drive to my house and screaming my name from the street and take me away to go out with her. So, people told her husband who became jealous, accused her of dating me and beat her up until she ended up at EKO Hospital in Ikeja, Lagos.
She told me she was once excited to be seen with him in public, but he later became boring and unromantic.

[size=18pt]Women are naturally more romantic than men and if a woman loves you, she will be excited to be seen with you anywhere and anytime. [/size]

Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Specialbaby(f): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm.

It makes no sense,if i am not proud of him then no point dating talkmore of marriage
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by MzPecs(f): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Very true..
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2015
OP space am out small abeg

Uh yes. It's not "by force" to be proud of ones partner but it the brings to question how ur even in a relationship anyways, if they're not someone you're comfortable being seen in public with.

This excludes magas of coz grin
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by osaslord500(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2015
MzPecs:
Very true..

I smell lies
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by MzPecs(f): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2015
osaslord500:

I smell lies
undecided
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by osaslord500(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Cholls(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2015
My brother good observation.
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by obiorathesubtle: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2015
tongue
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Cholls(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2015
My sister daretodiffer just sent you a PM, Now what are you going to do about?

1 Like

Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by marshalcarter: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Didn't read....Mondays are now borin on NL undecided
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by missKiffy(f): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2015
If am not proud of him, why would I bother myself to date him
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 21, 2015
Cholls:
My sister daretodiffer just sent you a PM, Now what are you going to do about?

Nothingsad
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 21, 2015
You shouldn't be in a relationship with someone you're not proud of, end of.
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by dachaste(f): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2015

When such happens its obvious both or one of em is in dat relationship with a ulterior motive

Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Deexxy: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Uh yes. It's not "by force" to be proud of ones partner but it the brings to question how ur even in a relationship anyways, if they're not someone you're comfortable being seen in public with.

Should it ever by force?

I believe it should come naturally once you are with the person you love.
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2015
Uh...Maybe they're just "Shy"??undecided
Some People hate Public displays of Affection tho!wink The gawky stares from preying eyes could get Really Uncomfortable...lipsrsealed

nyways...I don't see Why People Would Wanna Go into A Relationship with someone They're not Proud of..It's not like they forced U or sth?..It's just Sad....

If I ever find bae, Imma show him to the world!wink (Except Nairaland ofcourse:'-\)
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by emperorchedda(m): 9:48am On Dec 21, 2015
All these girls saying 'If I'm not proud of him why date or marry him' are the girls that go after ugly men for money disregarding his look claiming 'no be fine me and my children go chop', but dissociate with the man in public
Re: Girlfriends And Wives Who Are Not Proud Of Their Men by Orikinla(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I don space am well well.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Can U Date A Broke Guy / At What Age Did You Start Dating? / Who Deserve To Marry This Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.