Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. (20182 Views)

A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart / Proven Ways Of Maintaining A Quality Healthy Lifestyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Caspian22(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2015
To be healthy today has many challenges. You maybe stuck to a job that requires you to seat for long hours, or you live in an environment that has very poor sanitation. However the good news is that we can actually control our health. No matter the circumstance, our habit has a strong correlation with our health status.

Today I will be giving you keys that will make you wealthy (it's not the key to a mansion, health is wealth). This keys involves basic steps we should take to achieve a healthy life.
Keep in mind that I understand that it is not as easy as it seems. But remember that the extra time and money you put will be repaid with few illnesses, medical bills and a happy life. Let's go!

1. Key to healthy eating

One of the most important factors in maintaining a healthy life is our eating. Let me just get straight to the point, eat more of whole, fresh foods and very less of processed foods. I can't really tell you to avoid them, because they its not possible. Just know that processed and prepackaged food usually has high fat, sugar and salt that causes heart diseases, cancer and stroke. The choice is yours. Remember, you are what you eat, so don't be cheap, fake and prepackaged.
Also drink a lot of fluids.

2. Key to exercising

Everybody is always emphasizing one exercise. I'm not a fitness expert but I will tell that proper exercise doesn't have to be complicated, painful or extreme to be effective. If you seat in front a computer for long hours, five days a week, take the remaining days to do simple jogging, cycling, in fact anything that makes you sweat and increases your heart beat. If you always drive needlessly, use you feet to walk. Help yourself by exercising, it pays in the long run.

3. Key to protecting your health

This key reveals the basic guidelines of how we can protect our health. The most effective strategy in protecting your health is by washing your hands regularly. Do you know that about 80 percent of diseases are transferred through the hand?. You should also take steps to avoid infected people and harmful health habits that could damage your body.

4. Key to caring for our basic body needs

If you were asked to mention three basic needs for body, what would you say?. I don't think you would include rest and sleep. Our body has many basic needs but the one it is mostly starved of is proper rest and sleep. That's because we can easily bypass it with caffeine or any other stimulant. Getting enough rest is very beneficial. Do you know that extra sleep could help you recover from many illnesses.

5. Key to health information

The basic way we can achieve a healthy lifestyle is through the right information. Always try to learn about your health and endeavor to educate others. Most times when you read about maintaining a good health, It would seem very complicated. "Do this, eat that or lose your soul". That's why we at youmustgethealthy blog make it simple and fun. Visit the doctor, visit healthcare websites, do all you can to learn about living healthy.

Thanks so much for reading and remember to leave comments.
http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2015/12/5-keys-to-healthy-lifestyle.html?m=1

cc: sizzy3
Dominique
lalasticlala
Remember, for more great health articles, posts and write-ups visit www.youmustgethealthy.com

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks so much for that info. But, isn't it obvious that our 4father's & 8mama's lived a very long & healthy life without all these write up??.

1 Like

Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by miqos02(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
ok

my xmas offer check my signature
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by fajani(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
G
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Smartresult(f): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
Nothing compares to good health , thank op for sharing meanwhile for physics tutorials @ university level for free subscribe now
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Ceenelly(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
I was here
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Demmocrats(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
6. God
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by gokay11(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2015
On point
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by aaamos(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2015
U
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by jegali: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2015
.... check down
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by ikbnice(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2015
health is wealth
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by sandrajazmin(f): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2015
The truth is this
Apart frm God, if u dnt hv money u cant
Live a healthy life.
I browsed on how to loose weight,
And fruit and gyming was no 1 and 2 respectively
So i checked ma pocket and found out
That i couldnt register for gym and buy
Fruits daily cos i hadnt enof money
So what are we not saying here?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by bobchigar(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2015
Isokey
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by christejames(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2015
All this healthy tips this and healthy tips that is beginning to make me to ponder whether our fore parents that lived for almost centuries in their lifetime adhered to such tips... Now that we have these tips, cancers and other pandemic diseases still creep into our systems (especially the rich one wey carry this tips for head life their problem)...
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by mommysgirl(f): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2015
The number one key is to have money, lots of money,
Others nah wash,
Yinmu
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Ginaz(f): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2015
I love exercise undecided
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Evathyst(f): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Keys to healthy living as applicable to Lagosians are;

1- Eat well; Eat good food and eat at least 3 times daily.
2- Sleep well; avoid any activity that will keep you up at night. Activities like clubbing, watching movies, playing games, vigil, etc.
3- Marry a good wife. Else, you wouldn't be able to do both No 1 & 2 above.

As for exercise, Lagosians are the masters when it comes to exercise; hustling for bus, standing in the BRT, avoiding KAI officials, playing football on environmental days, trekking from Idumota to Ajegunle during hold up, etc. Our lifestyle alone in lagos is exercising enough.

Lagosians, I hail o! wink

5 Likes

Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2015
This post is so simple and straightforward. These tips are so simple that anyone can abide by them.

Eat well(good,healthy and nutritous food), gym or exercise, minimize stress, rest,relax and have a good sleep at night.

PRISTINEMUSCLES- #itisallabouttheheavenlypain
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Mc4larin: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2015
U
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by sexaddict08(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2015
this keys are not enough
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by ichommy(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2015
Nice wink
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by onlineadejoh(m): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2015
You forgot to add abstinence or protected s*x. It's very important in healthy living also but too many people are ignorant of this.
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by MKO4ever(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2015
How come you didn't mention alcohol and smoking? It is very rare to see topics like this without condemning smoking and alcohol intake
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by macklef(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2015
Am trying to do all of this in this my one month work absence.
And i was suprised my aunty said am adding weight already.
I checked on the weight teller, i only added 2kg cheesy
Smh i need more!!!!
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Stonerobaba(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Staying away from smoking helps too shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by feran15(m): 11:34am On Dec 21, 2015
sandrajazmin:
The truth is this
Apart frm God, if u dnt hv money u cant
Live a healthy life.
I browsed on how to loose weight,
And fruit and gyming was no 1 and 2 respectively
So i checked ma pocket and found out
That i couldnt register for gym and buy
Fruits daily cos i hadnt enof money
So what are we not saying here?

you dont have to register for a gym. search online for cardio exercises you can do at home . for example skipping rope, or jogging.

about the fruits, its not to eat fruits as a meal(its possible but you still need protein from other foods,) you can just eat an Apple before a meal since it fills you up and it helps you eat less and contains little calories.
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by fastlane84: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Thanks so much for that info. But, isn't it obvious that our 4father's & 8mama's lived a very long & healthy life without all these write up??.

U no see cycling 4 there abi processed food thing...?
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Adonis3: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2015
6- fvckkk regularly... This weather nor be here at all, body gats warm

It's [size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size] baby... grin
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by nbright: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2015
for this economy?
Re: 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. by Energieman(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
hello

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts / Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus / COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.